Photo

Obscure Games that only you have ever played

43 replies to this topic
Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

The idea of this thread is to share games that only you have played*. Post an obscure game and tell us a little about it. I'll start:

225px-Ray_Tracers_front_cover.jpg

Basically, you race through different tracks and crash into enemy vehicles. Every track has a boss that you must defeat in order to progress to the next level. Haven't played it in forever, but I remember it being very difficult.

* - And maybe a few other people.

Ermac
  • Ermac

never heard of singles, except for my relationship status

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

Demonlition_Racer_(video_game).jpg

Similar premise to the game you posted, sans the boss fights. I don't remember much about it aside from the fact that coming in first didn't guarantee you a victory (you had to do as much damage to other cars in the process) and you could destroy other contestants by landing on top of their cars from above.

XqwILaO.jpg

YER KUNG FU'S NO GOOD

Back when Activision had their sh*t together and made kick ass games. You played as T'ai Fu the tiger (obviously) and went around kicking everyone's ass, learing new Kung Fu moves from multiple different animal clans whilst you did it. Really wish they had made a sequel.

• Ruin likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

I will follow the racing theme and post:

Big Red Racing.

Big_Red_Racing_PC_title.png

Big_Red_Racing.png

I only ever played it at an internet café (Remember those?)

• Mister Pink likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Battle%20City-1.png Battle%20City-3.png Battle%20City-2.png

Not sure if this game fits in the topic.

Here is one that I recall - Battle City. In fact, Battle City and Road Rash are very first video games, I started gaming.
Not certain, but there are 100 levels/stages (or maybe just 80, can't remember) to play, but anyways.
At every level you need to guard the eagle (one at the bottom in gray) surrounded by bricks from any attacks, and you also get new and better upgrades, and tanks as you advance.
I don't have the game now, but it was an awesome game, and even used to skip school to play them :)
  • Spider-Vice, GTA_fear, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 1 other like this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Oh yeah how could I forget this.

Pretty sure nobody ever played it, I quite enjoyed it.

As close as you are going to get, other than Vice City.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Here is one that I recall - Battle City. In fact, Battle City and Road Rash are very first video games, I started gaming.
Not certain, but there are 100 levels/stages (or maybe just 80, can't remember) to play, but anyways.
At every level you need to guard the eagle (one at the bottom in gray) surrounded by bricks from any attacks, and you also get new and better upgrades, and tanks as you advance.
I don't have the game now, but it was an awesome game, and even used to skip school to play them :)

I freakin loved that game!! Played it so much in the early 90s. One if the most awesome games of my childhood :^:

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Demonlition_Racer_(video_game).jpg

Similar premise to the game you posted, sans the boss fights. I don't remember much about it aside from the fact that coming in first didn't guarantee you a victory (you had to do as much damage to other cars in the process) and you could destroy other contestants by landing on top of their cars from above.

XqwILaO.jpg

YER KUNG FU'S NO GOOD

Back when Activision had their sh*t together and made kick ass games. You played as T'ai Fu the tiger (obviously) and went around kicking everyone's ass, learing new Kung Fu moves from multiple different animal clans whilst you did it. Really wish they had made a sequel.

Neither of these are that obscure.

Anyway I played an obscure demo of a game, but I don't know what it is. I made a thread about it and nobody could tell me what it was, so I have no idea what I played to this day.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I played the sh*t out of that game.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Did anyone ever play this:

Urban_Chaos_Coverart.png

I f*cking loved it, from what I remember, it had relatively free roam aspects, cars to drive, handcuffing (I think) and some good guns. I think the only thing stopping me from finishing it was I got to a section where there was some mutant thing similar to something out of Far Cry or the L4D charger. Binned it after that.

I really ought to find a copy somewhere and replay it.

• BarelyLegal likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:06 AM Edited by Fireman, 27 February 2014 - 11:09 AM.

Urban_Chaos_Coverart.png

I f*cking loved it, from what I remember, it had relatively free roam aspects, cars to drive, handcuffing (I think) and some good guns. I think the only thing stopping me from finishing it was I got to a section where there was some mutant thing similar to something out of Far Cry or the L4D charger. Binned it after that.

I played Urban Chaos, but not on PS, only on PC. I recently bought the big box version again because it's one of my favorite games.

It's actually on Steam now (since a month or 2/3) for like $5.

I played Baldur's Gate on the PlayStation (in it's slightly unfinished state, but it's no wonder they didn't finish it). Downloaded from somewhere as triple iso's, never played it for more than 5 minutes, because the loading screens were f*cking killing me. Each time you entered inventory a loading screen, each time you walked inside a building a two-minute loading screen, zaargh.

They uploaded it since then to here; http://theisozone.co...c-1-unreleased/

So it's not as obscure anymore.

If you're interested in other obscurities, there's The Hidden Palace, which used to release prototypes/betas/unfinished gammes.

• Daz likes this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Snow Brothers:

28r2lms.jpg

s6nm0i.jpg

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Yeah I also played Urban Chaos. It's hardly an obscure game though as it was very popular and highly rated. I remember very little about the game (other than it being a free-roam game where you play as Darci and some other guy, with lots of fighting, talking to people and arresting criminals). I don't think I ever finished it because I personally wasn't that crazy about the game.

Mucky Foot's next game was awesome though, and although not very rare at all, I was the only one I knew of at the time that played it. Startopia was a simulation game where you are fully in control of a space station. You build various facilities or whatever and then hire visiting aliens to work there. There are 3 decks, but only 2 can be built on. The third is a biodeck, and although you cannot build there, you can adjust the terrain and edit the climate to your liking. The aim of the game is to turn your space station into a popular tourist hub. Sometimes the station gets attacked by terrorists, get hit by meteors etc. The game has a campaign mode with missions, but there is also a sandbox mode. It was really awesome at the time!

Startopia.jpg

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

It's hardly an obscure game though as it was very popular and highly rated.

Everyone I have mentioned it to looks at me like I am crazy and it never existed.

Also, though not technically retail or especially rare but it was awesome:

f*ck flappy bird, this was hard as knobs.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

First game I have ever played.

This game was and is still awesome.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Idioteque.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:17 PM Edited by Fallcreek, 27 February 2014 - 01:18 PM.

256px-Obscure_cover.jpg 256px-ObsCureII_cover.jpg

Everyone I talk too hasn't heard of these games lol. They're actually pretty cheesy, but the OST is f*cking awesome, and I generally love the atmosphere of both games.

Ironically enough, they're called Obscure haha.

• Midnight Hitman likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:27 PM Edited by Fireman, 27 February 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Everyone I talk too hasn't heard of these games lol. They're actually pretty cheesy, but the OST is f*cking awesome, and I generally love the atmosphere of both games.

Ironically enough, they're called Obscure haha.

I played both of those, first one was definitely a lot creepier and better than the second one though.

I liked how they followed the cheesy genre of high-school horror with all the stereotype characters and still managed to keep it interesting/creepy.

Playing that game in co-op was awesome.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:32 PM Edited by Hodgey., 27 February 2014 - 02:32 PM.

_-Striker-96-PlayStation-_.jpg

Striker 96 was the first game I ever remember playing and spent alot of time playing on it. I especially liked how you could play indoor football aswell as conventional football.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

A daycare center i used to go to a million years ago had a pc game where you play as a robot on some kind of farm. It was a linear shooter and thats all i can remember. But i have not seen anything about it since then so im pretty sure its rare

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Baten_Kaitos_Origins_box.jpg

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Oh yeah how could I forget this.

Pretty sure nobody ever played it, I quite enjoyed it.

As close as you are going to get, other than Vice City.

Damn this game doesn't even have an article on wikipedia. Now that's obscure. 

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Urban_Chaos_Coverart.png

oh yes, very nice game ^^

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Hm, I'll throw two out:

This racing game, as awesome as having 5000 square km of open world to drive in is, I've never heard it discussed. It's awesome!

FUEL.jpg

Secondly, another racing game but from 2000. All you can find on the internet are shady downloads and youtube videos with a few thousand views at most. It doesn't help there are a few flash/browser games with the same name. Cars, missiles and upgrades. 

mini-car-racing-multi6-heist1.jpg

• SuzukiRazgriz likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:37 PM Edited by trip, 27 February 2014 - 11:50 PM.

I will follow the racing theme and post:

Big Red Racing.

Big_Red_Racing_PC_title.png

Daz, I will totally play you in Big Red racing.  I lived on that game back in the day.  IRC I believe it used IPX because IP wasn't the way of the world yet, so we would have to pull some crazy trickery.

CannonBall Bliz.  It was the closest thing to Donkey Kong at the time.
46987-cannonball-blitz-apple-ii-screensh

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

Kellogg's "Mission Nutrition".

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

This game was almost never taken out of my Megadrive when I was a kid. You could bribe the ref and if the other team bribed him, you could kill him.

_-Mutant-League-Football-Sega-Megadrive-

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:12 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 03 March 2014 - 10:13 PM.

hoolig.jpg

Only I've played this game out of anyone i know, shame. Good game.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

This little gem

actual_1364906194.jpg

• rhyn likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

Carnivores 2...

carnivores2_box.JPG

You are dropped off in various locations inhabited by dinosaurs, which you are tasked with hunting. I think you started out with a pistol, and the money you earned through kills went to weapons, like a shotgun, rifle, and I think a crossbow. Your prey got tougher over time, starting out with Dimetrodons, to Hadrosaurs, and then eventually larger animals like Stegosaurs, Triceratops, and eventually Tyranosaurs. T-Rexes could only be killed with a shot through the eye. They were ultra aggressive, and could smell you from a far way off. If one saw you, they would chase you forever, as opposed to other animals, who would stop chasing you if they lost sight or you got far enough away. It was pretty tough. I think I killed a T-Rex once, and it was after many many attempts.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by OurJud, 04 March 2014 - 04:26 PM.

I'm obviously not the ONLY person to have played it - in fact if you were to be pedantic you could say none of the games here have only been played by the poster, but I get the idea.

I think I was one of very few who played Ico. It was glorious, but hardly anyone bothered with it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

No offense, but Ico was a pretty popular game when it came out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users