annoying missions

49 replies to this topic
Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

Which missions do you find to be the most frustrating?

I did 'ATV Steal' with a friend today. At first it seemed pretty straightforward. But this sh*t took about 30 mins to complete.(could have made a ton by grinding rooftop rumble in the same amount of time). With just two people in the mission, we had to drive back and forth to the ATVs. After the first two were delivered, the ATV racers ended up going on the other side of the mountain, so it was like a 7 mile roundtrip to get each one. The worst part was the payout of course, f*cking $1150 or something. If you do this mission, don't try to cut the distance short by going over the mountain, you'll most likely just fall off and die like I did.

• rob602pa likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:45 AM Edited by gnad.1992, 26 February 2014 - 01:46 AM.

one of the first missions i ever did

with all the patriots and sh*t

i don't remember the name, it has something to do with 'patriot'

boring as hell

KayTheMagnificent
  • KayTheMagnificent

Hello Kitty Cowgirl

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Quarry Quarry / Death From Above

I wouldn't find them so frustrating if the pay out was worth while. GTAOnline has a real issue with how much it pays for each mission. there are missions that are super easy for loads of money (like RR and Trash Talk) and there's really good, technically difficult missions for less. it's stupid. 

• rob602pa likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

Method In The Madness... those infinite spawning Bikers with their aimbot accuracy, then those guys on the boats are just better shots. WTF.

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Chasers & chasers 2 from Simeon. Youre only on like level 5 so have sh*t weapons and most likely a sh*tbox for a car then you have to chase a corvette all over the map and try and shot the driver out. Actually now I think about it Im not a fan of any of the mission where you have to shoot out the NPC driver, end up blowing them up with AP pistols half the time. 

Also Death from Above is painfull if you dont have a few people or a chopper

• rob602pa and manicmechanic71 like this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

Out of Harmony on Hard. My crew and I can blitz through every mission but this one just messes us up.

The NPCs have crazy armour going on. Even head shots take a few shots to kill them. And then you have to be super careful driving the truck through the back cause there's heaps of posts and fences that don't break away like you expect them to - all with a time limit to deliver the truck.

Very frustrating, but I won't let something beat me so I will replay this mission until it's done.

• xoC18H21NO3xo likes this

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

◕‿ ◕

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

When you join a mission full of level 100+ and they are doing a Simeon or Gerald mission.

wtf-are-you-doing.jpg

• siray likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

ATV Steal with 2 people shouldnt take more than 10 minutes. Shoot all the racers at the start then ignore the GPS Route and go through the sawmill and along the highway. Then at the drop-off take a bike eack and repeat. Its pretty sh*tty cash ill agre but at the rank it's given you should be grateful for that cash.

Also Chasers dosnt even require a singe shot to be fired or chasing anybody. Pull up in front of the target at a light and then get out and jack them.

When you join a mission full of level 100+ and they are doing a Simeon or Gerald mission.

wtf-are-you-doing.jpg

They are enjoying the game. Maybe if people took a few minutes off from doing Coverted 100x in a row they would see this.

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:25 AM Edited by (OO)SKYLINE(OO), 26 February 2014 - 02:29 AM.

Which missions do you find to be the most frustrating?

I did 'ATV Steal' with a friend today. At first it seemed pretty straightforward. But this sh*t took about 30 mins to complete.(could have made a ton by grinding rooftop rumble in the same amount of time). With just two people in the mission, we had to drive back and forth to the ATVs. After the first two were delivered, the ATV racers ended up going on the other side of the mountain, so it was like a 7 mile roundtrip to get each one. The worst part was the payout of course, f*cking $1150 or something. If you do this mission, don't try to cut the distance short by going over the mountain, you'll most likely just fall off and die like I did.

ATV Steal with 2 people shouldnt take more than 10 minutes. Shoot all the racers at the start then ignore the GPS Route and go through the sawmill and along the highway. Then at the drop-off take a bike eack and repeat. Its pretty sh*tty cash ill agre but at the rank it's given you should be grateful for that cash.

This!

Death From Above

+1 and for the effort that's involved ain't really worth the time.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Method In The Madness... those infinite spawning Bikers with their aimbot accuracy, then those guys on the boats are just better shots. WTF.

That's why I love Method in the Madness because it's the hardest mission in the game, in my opinion :]

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:30 AM Edited by Thisguyherenow, 26 February 2014 - 02:30 AM.

One of the first ones you get from simeon when you have to steal the coquette back.  

I swear I chased that ride all over the state the couple times that I've played it.

Also base invaders can get annoying because of how many times your team mates die and leave you doing everything yourself.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Franceska ♥

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

Rooftop Rumble is getting.on my nerves...

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

Out of Harmony on Hard. My crew and I can blitz through every mission but this one just messes us up.

The NPCs have crazy armour going on. Even head shots take a few shots to kill them. And then you have to be super careful driving the truck through the back cause there's heaps of posts and fences that don't break away like you expect them to - all with a time limit to deliver the truck.

Very frustrating, but I won't let something beat me so I will replay this mission until it's done.

I did this for the first time with a random (also high rank) a while back and we failed at least 6 or 7 times, he finally quit to freemode and I soloed it. Cracks me up that once you deliver the truck you have to kill a ton more baddies, I ate more candy doing that than I will in 3 survivals, just to make sure I passed.

• Sangers likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

Definitely death from above

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

Judging The Jury when playing it solo...

So much easier with more players ie. 8 of them.

• Zenzic likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

You're right. I didn't know that as this was my first play through of the mission. I did kill two of the racers but we didn't think to get the others first before taking the ATVs back lol.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

I dont get the hate for Death From Above.... 5 minute mission tops.

Park across from the front gate. Throw grenade at the Granger then take out the two rooftop guardsand run/cover on wall and finish off the 2 guards that always survive before running in and to your left . Shoot guy on far side of garden and guy on balcony then around corner to shoot 2 guards + target....phone Lester remove wanted level then take pic and leave.

Out Of harmony is hard because of the timer but you can snipe most of the Lost before the trigger to make is a breeze even solo :)

KayTheMagnificent
  • KayTheMagnificent

Hello Kitty Cowgirl

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

I dont get the hate for Death From Above.... 5 minute mission tops.

Park across from the front gate. Throw grenade at the Granger then take out the two rooftop guardsand run/cover on wall and finish off the 2 guards that always survive before running in and to your left . Shoot guy on far side of garden and guy on balcony then around corner to shoot 2 guards + target....phone Lester remove wanted level then take pic and leave.

Out Of harmony is hard because of the timer but you can snipe most of the Lost before the trigger to make is a breeze even solo :)

it's not that it's insanely difficult, but it's a lot of effort and strategy for a low pay out. that's the frustrating element. I think Titan Of A Job is similar in that respect, it's fun but can be challenging, but the end pay out is terrible for the amount of effort you put in, especially compared to other missions.

Choppers
  • Choppers

Maybe your power's half-baked...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Out of Harmony on hard. Good lord, that mission is f*cking brutal. 

You have to shoot a ton of guys and steal the damned truck without touching anything so it doesn't fall over, haul ass across the desert getting shot at by bikers, all in a time limit. If that's not enough you have defend the piece of crap from a fleet of the lost, all with one spare life.

If you don't have smart players, this can be hell. Also, using a Cargobob may seem like a good idea, but lifting the trailer out of the moshpit at the start (unless your teammates can actually kill them all quick) and then flying all the way over there with bikers landing shots from a mile away, the Cargobob scraping the trailer and damaging itself, and dying all the way there (usually just giving out halfway) is a goddamn nightmare.

• Sangers likes this

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

Any mission from Simeon is annoying as f*ck.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:10 AM

I hate judging the jury.

I don't mind Titan of a job or death from above.

If it's friends. One of us drives to martins house from the get go, two of us shoot the guards/police. Spare dude runs in and kills the dude, takes the pic. Then the guy at martins house finishes the mission.
  • Zenzic likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

high piority case

you need to use a heli which they dont provide, you call MM and take one from them

and the payout is just like sh*t....

and you cant even die in the mission. no spare life...

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:10 AM Edited by Snake Without a Tongue, 26 February 2014 - 04:14 AM.

ATV Steal f**ks me up every time. I played with four people once and I figured it'd be easy. I was literally the only one that didn't get an ATV.

Death from Above and High Priority Case are lame but only because you get them early on when you have no means of doing them.

Out Of harmony is hard because of the timer but you can snipe most of the Lost before the trigger to make is a breeze even solo

Is this true? Gotta try that.

They are enjoying the game. Maybe if people took a few minutes off from doing Coverted 100x in a row they would see this.

Seriously, that one mission from Gerald where you have to blow up the gang cars... using a Buzzard on that with two people is funny as hell.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

Landing Strip. Everybody has a f*cking RPG!!

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

death from above isnt that hard. When i was new it was a bitch. But once you know the objective its pretty easy. Me and a buddy who is low level and had never done the mission did it sunday without dieing. WIthout a heli. Just killed the people on the roofs. Then the others, Then i stayed outside while he ran in to get the photo while i held off the police. Then we he got it I ran in and jumped in the coquette and drove him off.

Sangers
  • Sangers

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

I did this for the first time with a random (also high rank) a while back and we failed at least 6 or 7 times, he finally quit to freemode and I soloed it. Cracks me up that once you deliver the truck you have to kill a ton more baddies, I ate more candy doing that than I will in 3 survivals, just to make sure I passed.

yeh it's sometimes easier to do missions by yourself as less enemies spawn and there's less people to mess it up. but yeh i always eat heaps of food to get through this mission. i did 3 attempts with someone last night and ran out of food, so gave up.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

high piority case

you need to use a heli which they dont provide, you call MM and take one from them

and the payout is just like sh*t....

and you cant even die in the mission. no spare life...

If you do any mission during the day froggers always take off and land at the Vespucci helipad. If your a high enough level a buzzard will also occasionally spawn at the Merryweather pad.

ATV Steal f**ks me up every time. I played with four people once and I figured it'd be easy. I was literally the only one that didn't get an ATV.

Death from Above and High Priority Case are lame but only because you get them early on when you have no means of doing them.

Out Of harmony is hard because of the timer but you can snipe most of the Lost before the trigger to make is a breeze even solo

Is this true? Gotta try that.

Yep. Snipe from afar on the side where the truck is and clear out the Lost ( or most of them) then simply run in/ grab truck/hook up trailer and off you go. A further tip would be to then open your inventory and have snacks highlighted so you can have a quick health boost if required although ive never needed it since your mostly bulletproof from the back and you just ram the oncoming bikers before they deal too much damage.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO) likes this

Sborges91
  • Sborges91

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Which mission is Out of Harmony? What level do you unlock it? I don't remember doing a mission called that. 

The Ost
  • The Ost

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

Which mission is Out of Harmony? What level do you unlock it? I don't remember doing a mission called that. 

It's a Trevor mission.

I echo the others that have given advice: snipe as many as you can from a distance so you don't trigger the timer. You can also RPG the vans as they are a distance from the truck.

When you go into the chase sequence, I find driving along the airfield's runway a fast route.

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

Happy Holidays !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

Anyone else notice there always being a bright color gauntlet in the parking lot during rooftop rumble?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users