• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic
Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Can everyone who's posting stupid copyright infringement image macros and not adding anything original to the conversation STOP?

I have to agree with the OP in large part. Once I platinum'd GTAV I really felt as though there was no reason to continue playing. As my friends and family wanted to continue playing online I was proven wrong. I even created a second character to add some challenge to the game and to have another 10 car garage to store cars with but TBH, the game is a hollow empty shell. Rockstar lied to their fans about what would be included in GTAVO and for that offense I will never be buying a new Rockstar product again (I might buy used so that they get none of my money, but never new).

I find it most damning that on a long running GTA fan forum of all places it is the users who are posting critical of Rockstar who are gaining the most likes and support. It really says a lot about how your company turned its back on its own longtime fans when a den of your own fans side with the critics.

RIP Rockstar

• Magick and iiGh0STt like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

Actually, I'm just against trophy hunters in general. Even in Uncharted 3, where we get one of these every 3 months. I mean, I get your version of "fun", but it kind of seems like a grind to play a game like that.

Man, I feel like I just repeated my Uncharted 3 self.

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

I don't know what's worse, the fact that by any standard or measure from a reasonably competent gaming company would judge a five month content drought as being an indicator of problems, or that your trying to justify it.

Also, I really wish the word 'entitlement' as a derogatory term be retired because if you read what the definition of entitlement means, you sound like a moron using that way. Colin Moriarty is a moron for coining it, and other people are morons for perpetuating it's use in that manner.

Yes, he is entitled, why because he paid for a working functioning piece of software. Not software that would be functional 5+ months down the road. R* did market the game as having heists, online content creators, and everything he listed. They phrased their marketing that it would be there either at launch or soon after. R* themselves even said that heists were to be in the game BEFORE the end of 2013.

Look I understand there is a marked difference between people whining because they can't keep their glitched, hacked money/vehicles, and making a legitimate complaint with the way this project is being managed.

And to try and diffuse this person by using the tired and moronic term of "entitlement" as a derogatory comment only proves how moronic you are for using it, and your sheer ignorance of how gaming companies, nay the gaming industry is operating, and the backwards sliding trend of quality into the oblivion of mediocrity.

and when those who see what's going on and trying to voice their concerns over what they see coming over the horizon, people like you try to shut them up and discredit them by using terms like that instead of engaging their points head on.

the truth is you can't, because they DO have a valid point, and all you can do instead of stringing together a cogent point, you mutter incomprehensible phrases and buzz words.

Do us all a favor and study how the game industry worked only 15 years ago, and compare it to today, I think you will be shocked by how good it USED to be, and how BAD it is now, with what crap is being peddled for product today.

Good Day, sir

You have a lot of points in this post, of which I can either agree with out right or at least understand where you are coming from, but this bolded section? Oh boy, this is a bit of a doozy. I often times see the statement wheeled out, but never ultimately justified. That's not to say that it they don't try to justify it, but rarely do they consider all the facets that should be considered, and often times do so squarely in Nostalgia-ville. People have built up this imagined view of how good things were back then.

I've been gaming more than long enough to remember, clearly, the days where post-game support was minimal-to-non-existent. Encounter a glitch or bug during gameplay? If you were lucky enough to have internet 'way back when', you could see if anyone else was having your problem and if they had a way to avoid. An era where "blow your cartridge to clear dust" was an often cited support solution, even up until the twilight of the N64's life cycle. And if you were lucky enough that the developer managed to patch your game.. you could try sending your copy in and getting a new one. Some honoured that, not all did, in those cases where they didn't you had to buy a new game or put up with it.

Lack of accessibility, sequels or other content, for games that you enjoyed. Unless it did really well, you were SOL. Wasteland is, for many older gamers, a cherished cRPG and whilst hard to believe for some I guess, there are those that (may or may not enjoy) Fallout that do not consider it to be the equal of or a sequel to Wasteland. Wasteland 2 was nothing short of a pipe dream for at least 15 years.

Things inside the industry weren't so great either. Atari and Sega, both juggernauts of their time (and not necessarily bad companies either), experienced company crushing bouts of schizophrenia (this'll be lost on most I imagine) with Atari gone and Sega treading water to this day. Job security a premium, few people had it.

tl/dr point: Somethings were done better then, somethings are done better now. Neither period is really better than the other.

• Sangers likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Bye For Now & Happy Gaming

Despite some reactions to your post, it was well thought out, well written, and well presented. All I can say is you are not alone and your points are spot on.

The only thing I'd add is with regard to the exorbitant cost of in-game items. $1800 for a pair of boots? $25,000 for a paint job? ugh. It just makes me wonder how long it will continue.

Best regards to you! ;)

• Magick likes this

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Queens of the Damned Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:07 AM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 26 February 2014 - 09:09 AM.

I've got stuff in my fridge older than 5 months! go cry somewhere else or get an imagination you whiny bitch. My Male avatar says goodbye honey! ;) 

0_0.jpg

• Coin and Sushi__Wolf like this

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

You ARE entitled to what you've paid for that's kind of how it works, and if you've unlocked everything unless you have a really good crew there's no real point continuing as there's so much other good stuff out there. I've no idea what all the nastiness to the OP is all about. Some angry people on here, learn to live and let live
  • Magick and Cincy32 like this

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

I've got stuff in my fridge older than 5 months! go cry somewhere else or get an imagination you whiny bitch. My Male avatar says goodbye honey! ;)

You're clearly going insane with a degenerative brain eating bacteria that you've ingested from eating 5+ month old bad food.

Somehow this QotD muff rider finds OP to be a "whiny bitch" when OP laid out a well-thought out and logical argument. Meanwhile, panic attacker throws out some derogatory words belittling the OP as the person that panic attacker actually is as proven by his post. All is well in the land of GTAF logic...

• iiGh0STt and SonofLosSantos like this

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

You're clearly going insane with a degenerative brain eating bacteria that you've ingested from eating 5+ month old bad food.

Somehow this QotD muff rider finds OP to be a "whiny bitch" when OP laid out a well-thought out and logical argument. Meanwhile, panic attacker throws out some derogatory words belittling the OP as the person that panic attacker actually is as proven by his post. All is well in the land of GTAF logic...

Sprinkle glitter on a turd...still a turd. Wrap words around it , its still another whiny woe is me , R* suck post!. 

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Sprinkle glitter on a turd...still a turd. Wrap words around it , its still another whiny woe is me , R* suck post!. 

Well, Rockstar actually does suck. Myself, OP, and several others - just in this thread - have given many reasons as to why. Yourself on the otherhand can not defend their corporate ineptitude and instead result to personally attacking other forum members. Awesome flame, great job!

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Well, Rockstar actually does suck. Myself, OP, and several others - just in this thread - have given many reasons as to why. Yourself on the otherhand can not defend their corporate ineptitude and instead result to personally attacking other forum members. Awesome flame, great job!

You, the OP and the several others, take the game back to the shop then or write to R* instead of whining about it on here!. Why are you even in the on-line section?.

I bought an awesome game that I would of paid £45 just for the ONLINE part! which was actually free as has all the DLC so far!. I got my moneys worth in the first two weeks and now I get to have a blast with my crew near on every time I am on-line. I am one happy muthafuka and think R* made an outstanding game experience. Sucks to be you!

flame on!

The muff riding QotD boys and girls bid all whiners farewell! 

0_0.jpg

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Le Jetpack Du Fromage

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

You, the OP and the several others, take the game back to the shop then or write to R* instead of whining about it on here!. Why are you even in the on-line section?.

I bought an awesome game that I would of paid £45 just for the ONLINE part! which was actually free as has all the DLC so far!. I got my moneys worth in the first two weeks and now I get to have a blast with my crew near on every time I am on-line. I am one happy muthafuka and think R* made an outstanding game experience. Sucks to be you!

flame on!

0_0.jpg

Why do you keep shovelling your gay little cowboy pictures to the forum? What does that have to do with anything?

Noone wants to see your gay cult.

It seems like it makes sense, since you like taking R*'s dick up your ass all the time, especially the ''I would of paid £45 just for the ONLINE part! which was actually free as has all the DLC so far!.'' part, not even 50% of what was promised has been released, here are the things R* said would be in Online, not a day or a week later, let alone 5 months.

- Bawsaq Stock Investments

- Heists

- Mission Creator

- 500 missions Day 1

All of those things were advertised pre-release as part of the game, well guess what, 5 months down the drain and we have barely gotten anything, and probably never will acquire features such as Stocks considering how buggy and unfinished GTAO is.

Not to mention all the clothing in the official GTAO trailer that is nowhere to be found in-game, such as bandanas.

Justify these things right now.

I am not entitled as these were advertised before the game was out, in R*'s own articles.

• iiGh0STt, Yogogamer and Cincy32 like this

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Wow, I missed the memo of promises from R* about when things would be delivered.

I think most reasonably minded players who don't have the misplaced sense of entitlement did.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that by any standard or measure from a reasonably competent gaming company would judge a five month content drought as being an indicator of problems, or that your trying to justify it.

Also, I really wish the word 'entitlement' as a derogatory term be retired because if you read what the definition of entitlement means, you sound like a moron using that way. Colin Moriarty is a moron for coining it, and other people are morons for perpetuating it's use in that manner.

Yes, he is entitled, why because he paid for a working functioning piece of software. Not software that would be functional 5+ months down the road. R* did market the game as having heists, online content creators, and everything he listed. They phrased their marketing that it would be there either at launch or soon after. R* themselves even said that heists were to be in the game BEFORE the end of 2013.

Look I understand there is a marked difference between people whining because they can't keep their glitched, hacked money/vehicles, and making a legitimate complaint with the way this project is being managed.

And to try and diffuse this person by using the tired and moronic term of "entitlement" as a derogatory comment only proves how moronic you are for using it, and your sheer ignorance of how gaming companies, nay the gaming industry is operating, and the backwards sliding trend of quality into the oblivion of mediocrity.

and when those who see what's going on and trying to voice their concerns over what they see coming over the horizon, people like you try to shut them up and discredit them by using terms like that instead of engaging their points head on.

the truth is you can't, because they DO have a valid point, and all you can do instead of stringing together a cogent point, you mutter incomprehensible phrases and buzz words.

Do us all a favor and study how the game industry worked only 15 years ago, and compare it to today, I think you will be shocked by how good it USED to be, and how BAD it is now, with what crap is being peddled for product today.

Good Day, sir

You're clealrly still a kid who has no concept of real life.  To say 5 months is unreasonable just proves this.  To say there has been a drought for 5 months is simply untrue and total and utter bovine manure.  As is making comparisions with games from 15 years ago.  Totally different.  Games were simpler, on-line gaming did not exist as it does today.  To say the product now it crap is again untrue.  15 years ago games were a lot simpler.

Maybe ditch the misplaced sense of entitlement (seriously, the world does not owe you a living), stop with the attempts at conspiracy theory rubbish and learn not to be so impatient.  To expect any major DLC within the first 6 months of release of a game of this size is expecting a bit much.

You kids have absolutely no idea.....

• GourangaMaster and Sangers like this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

thank god someone finally shut him up.

seriously... well put. But it's gotta be the  cheaters fault those are not out right? pfft...

All the hardcore gtao addicts (people still playing or with over 20 days worth of playing time) have is excuses.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by Odesza, 26 February 2014 - 10:21 AM.

flame on!

The game, while fun to play, was poorly done by Rockstar in a few different ways.  Even myself as much as I defend them can acknowledge how poorly they have handled certain issues that could have been stopped plus for using a progression based model for the game itself they really didn't put in the incentive needed to make people want to level up.  Hence why a lot of people think this game is too hard when realistically it's easy, because there is no real incentive to get high level other than a few weapons. 

They also did a terrible job handling the cheating situation, there was a widespread problem of people cheating just because they saw nothing wrong with it because Rockstar didn't say it wasn't allowed, even if it was obvious, Rockstar still stayed in the dark during the situation when I'm sure they have people who could handle the public side of things.

Online was pushed out half-finished and while it is technically a free add-on for the game that doesn't change the fact that it was still poorly designed.

• Magick and Yogogamer like this

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

OP please go f*ck yourself :) 

• gnad.1992 and PANiC ATTACK3R like this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

I still have a lot of fun playing and honestly i don't give a sh*t about what others think.

Get the Platinum trophy and shove it up your ass.
  • PANiC ATTACK3R likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Wow, I missed the memo of promises from R* about when things would be delivered.

I think most reasonably minded players who don't have the misplaced sense of entitlement did.

Good Day, sir

You're clealrly still a kid who has no concept of real life.  To say 5 months is unreasonable just proves this.  To say there has been a drought for 5 months is simply untrue and total and utter bovine manure.  As is making comparisions with games from 15 years ago.  Totally different.  Games were simpler, on-line gaming did not exist as it does today.  To say the product now it crap is again untrue.  15 years ago games were a lot simpler.

Maybe ditch the misplaced sense of entitlement (seriously, the world does not owe you a living), stop with the attempts at conspiracy theory rubbish and learn not to be so impatient.  To expect any major DLC within the first 6 months of release of a game of this size is expecting a bit much.

You kids have absolutely no idea.....

good way to get your point across... not

the amount of content in no way matches the amount of sales they do, nor does the quality of online play OR ONLINE SECURITY. the software he was referring to is broken beyond repair, as evidence of constant cheating shows and lack of should have been day 1 content. it was my understanding from well before this game was released and I had it on preorder that we would be able to plan heists online. so why are we (you) still waiting? I am just dumbfounded at how long EVERYONE to include the makers of GTA V knew before the "next gens" were going to be released, and still no word of next gen gta. its ridiculous. this game screams xbox one and ps4 (pc if that's your thing). that is truly the only reason it does so well, because taking gta ESPECIALLY GTAO away from someone with a 7 year old console is like taking a glass pipe from a base head, and most people still cannot afford to make the switch.

does anyone think for a second that if gta was released on next gen and not the 7 year old consoles that there would be even 1/3rd of these issues? why would a company settle for such old hardware especially after waiting so long after gta iv? and the biggest question of all, is why do you consider those of us who understand all of this to be whiners? we all know GTA is great, so why does GTAO suck so much?????

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 26 February 2014 - 10:43 AM.

flame on!

0_0.jpg

Why do you keep shovelling your gay little cowboy pictures to the forum? What does that have to do with anything?

It seems like it makes sense, since you like taking R*'s dick up your ass all the time, especially the ''I would of paid £45 just for the ONLINE part! which was actually free as has all the DLC so far!.'' part, not even 50% of what was promised has been released, here are the things R* said would be in Online, not a day or a week later, let alone 5 months.

- Heists

- Mission Creator

- 500 missions Day 1

All of those things were advertised pre-release as part of the game, well guess what, 5 months down the drain and we have barely gotten anything, and probably never will acquire features such as Stocks considering how buggy and unfinished GTAO is.

Not to mention all the clothing in the official GTAO trailer that is nowhere to be found in-game, such as bandanas.

I am not entitled as these were advertised before the game was out, in R*'s own articles.

Photos just to piss you off and show that we are having fun 5 months on & aint mad

OP says

"5 months down the drain and we have barely gotten anything"  

BITCH PLEASE!....

ONLINE FREE 

DLC ALL FREE

CREATOR FREE

5 MONTHS AND STILL LOVIN IT HERE.....FOR FREE! 

Hell I hope they charge for the HEIST DLC!!

I will happily pay for it and give them a reach around!.

And I will watch all you whiny dicks on here do the same thing and you will buy that sh*t and still come on and moan about it!. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

so defending cash cards comes natural with being a hypocrite does it?

• gnad.1992 likes this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

What am I being hypocritical about?  You didn't quote anything.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

so over asserting your sexual preferences and free content that should have been out on day 1 is your argument?

no sh*t gta is fun, its gta. its sandbox. ignorance is what you have chosen. you ignore all the things pointed out here and still have fun, good for you! ignorance is bliss!

no wonder you are so peppy. complete failure of the cerebrum.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Xyn/Odesza/Coin vs Ghost - Round (?)

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

scroll up? wow...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

scroll up? wow...

Can you actually elaborate what I'm being a hypocrite about?

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

so over asserting your sexual preferences and free content that should have been out on day 1 is your argument?

no sh*t gta is fun, its gta. its sandbox. ignorance is what you have chosen. you ignore all the things pointed out here and still have fun, good for you! ignorance is bliss!

you still on the forums Ghost! lmao.

I am having fun, you're still coming on the on-line section of gta forums crying about gta online. Who is the complete failure?.....

peppy for life little ghost 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

scroll up? wow...

Can you actually elaborate what I'm being a hypocrite about?

how does one defend cash cards and then come here on the other side of the fence? believe it or not, but the two go hand in hand with why the game is broken.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by Odesza, 26 February 2014 - 10:58 AM.

flame on!

0_0.jpg

- Heists

- Mission Creator

- 500 missions Day 1

Photos just to piss you off and show that we are having fun 5 months on & aint mad

OP says

BITCH PLEASE!....

ONLINE FREE 

DLC ALL FREE

CREATOR FREE

And I will watch all you whiny dicks on here do the same thing and you will buy that sh*t and still come on and moan about it!. 

I don't think his point is about whether or not the game is fun, it's more about what could have and what should have been.

how does one defend cash cards and then come here on the other side of the fence? believe it or not, but the two go hand in hand with why the game is broken.

You're right it's weird how I'd have different opinions about two completely different things.  I don't find that the game is broken I find that it was put out half finished and that it's been poorly managed, none of this in my opinion has anything to do with cash cards.

Side note: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

That's the definition of hypocrisy, I do believe in the idea of micro-transactions, that do not encourage a pay 2 win system but regardless go towards server costs or paying employees for their work.  I don't believe in poorly managing games because it has destroyed MMOs and other games in the past.

AmbientZed
  • AmbientZed

Le Jetpack Du Fromage

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:55 AM Edited by AmbientZed, 26 February 2014 - 10:57 AM.

flame on!

0_0.jpg

- Heists

- Mission Creator

- 500 missions Day 1

OP says

BITCH PLEASE!....

ONLINE FREE 

DLC ALL FREE

CREATOR FREE

It took you this long to come up with this answer? It seems you're the one who is visibly upset, hating on the OP for having a different opinion than licking R*'s corporate balls.

Online is not free, it only comes with the game and is nowhere else to be found, the definition of ''Free to Play'' means paying NOTHING at all.

Here you have to buy the game to gain access, and pay on XBL to even play online.

So a broken bottle is enough to seduce you over other content that was promised to us before the game was even released?

It's people like you who take any thrown sh*t from a company and lick it up, then beg for more and they can get away with it while pissing on you and say it's rain.

Yep, pay for content that was promised to us before release, and then beg for more dick up your ass.

You're making yourself look more and more obvious that you like the D, now go in your cult and be ignorant while you get ripped off and lied to then not realizing it.

• iiGh0STt likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

you still on the forums Ghost! lmao.

I am having fun, you're still coming on the on-line section of gta forums crying about gta online. Who is the complete failure?.....

peppy for life little ghost 

lol... still here, and unbanned unlike yourself. or do you just rejoin to change your name over and over? whatever... i guess that's not a fail at all...

'aint nobody cryin 'cept you cryin about people who stopped playing gtao. very annoying and flamboyant crying. we quit playing because of idiots like you... also, you are right, I have crept back over to the dark side of these forums where your kind thrives so well.
(i still play maybe 2 hours a week mostly sp not that it f*ckin matters)

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

I don't understand why there is a need for you guys to act so immaturely and resort to flaming each other. This thread has descended into sh*t and I see no way of it coming out of it. I'm letting all this hostility slide for now but next time, you'll have long temp bans slapped on your asses.

• Odesza, Coin and PANiC ATTACK3R like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users