Quantcast

» «
Photo

what was the music like in GTA 1 and London?

7 replies to this topic
Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

I've played GTA 1 a long time ago but I don't remember if it had radios or what. Was it just random songs playing?
And what about GTA London, did it have 60s real/made up music?
thanks

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Grand Theft Auto had radiostations although they had like couple of songs playing around (there was one country song for example). 

Radiostations: Brooklyn Underground FM, Head Radio, It's Unleashed FM, N-CT FM, Radio '76 FM, The Fergus Buckner Show FM The Fix FM 

GTA: London had licenced music taken from the '60s, but mostly instrumental. 

Radiostations and scores: Austin Allegro Chase, Blow Upr,adio, Bush Sounds, GTA Pomp ,GTA Spy Theme, Heavy Heavy Monster Sound, Kaleidoscope, Radio 7, Radio Andorra, Radio Penelope, Sound of Soho, Westminister Wireless.

• Tyla and Rainbow Party like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:54 AM Edited by Tyla, 02 March 2014 - 03:01 AM.

The menfolk found their women scary, 'cause they were so big'n hairy.

It was great. I remember the game manual toting an impressive boast of featuring 60 minutes of non stop original soundtrack. Hot sh*t back in the day. Stations if you chose to listen to them (the option was there for continuous playback) varied between Liberty, SA and Vice and tended to sum up the sound of a city in ten minutes flat.

Head Radio in LC had a great fast-paced NYC feel with tracks that crossed between mid-80s downtown garage, and blends of foot stomping sidewalk pounding beats with news reports, police chatter and obscure sound bites featuring Don Vito Corleone from The Godfather demanding "Do what I tell 'ya."

I've got the rock station from San Andreas on my iPod. Is that Lazlow at 3:33?

GTA London was more obscure. As above they were mostly jazz funk instrumental and scores from Italian films from the late 60s and early 70s. I'd assume the Houser's mother starring in those kind of films influenced that the same as their NYC residency has always impacted later soundtracks. London also had some great reggae/SKA spread across two stations.

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by Deji, 02 March 2014 - 07:16 PM.

A lot of GTA London soundtracks were composed by themselves. What was also awesome is being able to eject the disc, put in a normal audio CD, and play the game with those songs on the radio. That wouldn't come again until GTASA's first Xbox release.
  • Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

Ah, N-CT FM and Brooklyn Underground FM were the beast ^^

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by Tony., 25 March 2014 - 03:48 AM.

The first song on Head Radio in GTA 1 is, to me, pretty much the defining song for GTA 1 (especially the Liberty City map).

FM STEEEREOOOO

I also liked all three songs on the rock station that Tyla linked to. It'd actually be a cool throwback to hear some of these tracks in some form again in a future GTA (especially if it were to come out in 2017, the 20th anniversary of the series). Rockstar might still own the rights since they're original tracks. It'd be nice to hear this little tune from the first again at least.

• Tyla likes this

Skygge
  • Skygge

Bøddel

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Best of GTA London

The Liquidator (Harry J Allstars). God I miss the XXth century.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:26 AM

I have both GTA and the GTA London soundtracks. Some are good, some are great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users