• AHelmi88

Give be freedom, Give be Internet :)

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Do you know NameCheap hosting?

Did you use it?

Is it good?

Tell me because I search for a host for my website.

I will use it for WP.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

It's a good value, but I never used them. All of the specs look good, and it should have no problem running most anything you have in mind.

There are some hosts that just give you a virtual Linux server with a LAMP stack and let you do with it what you please. If you need that sort of flexibility, it's something to think about, but it's way more admin work. (I've done some work for a small company that used one of these.)

If you just need a web-host with PHP/MySQL, this looks good. What I would recommend is paying only a year in advance. You don't save that much money with going for 3 years. Reason is that if your web-site really takes off, you might start feeling that their connection or database can't handle the traffic. This certainly wouldn't happen right away, but in a year, you might be looking for different hosting, or at least, be glad for an option to choose.

Other than that, they do offer a 14 day money-back. So you can make sure the server can handle the load in the first week or so. So there is no real reason not to go for it.

AHelmi88
  • AHelmi88

Give be freedom, Give be Internet :)

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

It's a good value, but I never used them. All of the specs look good, and it should have no problem running most anything you have in mind.

There are some hosts that just give you a virtual Linux server with a LAMP stack and let you do with it what you please. If you need that sort of flexibility, it's something to think about, but it's way more admin work. (I've done some work for a small company that used one of these.)

If you just need a web-host with PHP/MySQL, this looks good. What I would recommend is paying only a year in advance. You don't save that much money with going for 3 years. Reason is that if your web-site really takes off, you might start feeling that their connection or database can't handle the traffic. This certainly wouldn't happen right away, but in a year, you might be looking for different hosting, or at least, be glad for an option to choose.

Other than that, they do offer a 14 day money-back. So you can make sure the server can handle the load in the first week or so. So there is no real reason not to go for it.

But, All of the hosts give a short monry-back period, What about HostMetro?

bluethrust
  • bluethrust

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

I would agree with K2.  Try them out for a year and then decide.  The only thing I would say is even though they have a 14 day money back, it's usually only good for the first 14 days you start hosting with a company, not the first 14 days after paying.  So if you go a year and don't set your account to not renew, you might not be able to get a refund if you want to change.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

I never tried them before but they have good uptime. Shared hosting is like $3.99 and raid protected. It offers good uptime as well. I suggest you try Hostgator's hatching plan as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users