share your theories on death

80 replies to this topic
TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

When you die you're dead and nothing happens.

How do you know? You haven't tried it before.

Personally, I share the opinion of TheGreenSadler. I agree that our spirit leaves our body, but I'm not exactly sure what happens after that.

Get into coma for some days and wake up. Then try to remember what happened to you during that period.

When we die our brain simply switches off, forever.

Exactly. I agree with you. I believe death is a full blackout. Much like sleeping but not having a dream.. and never waking up. I probably won't ever be convinced of our spirit remaining alive and going to heaven.

You eventually wake up from coma, death is eternal. So basically you die and then nothing for the rest of eternity. How would you even know that you're dead?

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

You eventually wake up from coma, death is eternal. So basically you die and then nothing for the rest of eternity. How would you even know that you're dead?

you won't know.

• Black & White likes this

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

you won't know.

That's what bugs me. For example, you are shot in the head and snap, you're dead. Do you just die and proceed into nothingness without knowing? You're here then you're gone, it's a total mind-f*ck.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Personally, I share the opinion of TheGreenSadler. I agree that our spirit leaves our body, but I'm not exactly sure what happens after that.
Get into coma for some days and wake up. Then try to remember what happened to you during that period.

That is in no way evidence of what happens when we die. You cannot be serious.
  • TheGreenSadler likes this

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

Maybe the inability to prove life after death is a blessing in disguise. If heaven was confirmed people would not be afraid to die. Why continue suffering on earth when you can just commit suicide and start living in a eternal paradise. Sounds possible when you think about it.

• 018361 likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

die and proceed into nothingness without knowing? You're here then you're gone

Exactly, that's why I don't mind. 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by CatDog96, 25 February 2014 - 07:07 PM.

Maybe the inability to prove life after death is a blessing in disguise. If heaven was confirmed people would not be afraid to die. Why continue suffering on earth when you can just commit suicide and start living in a eternal paradise. Sounds possible when you think about it.

When I die, f*ck it I wanna go to hell because I'm a piece of sh*t it ain't hard to f*cking tell, It doesn't make sense going to heaven with the goodie-goodies dressed in white, I like black Tims and black hoodies and god will probably have me on some real strict sh*t no sleeping all day, no gettin my dick licked hanging with the goodie-goodies lounging in paradise f*ck that sh*t, I wanna tote guns and shoot dice.

• TheGreenSadler likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by Black & White, 25 February 2014 - 06:49 PM.

To me, it seems a better opinion than the human spirit rising above and heading to Heaven for a slice of cake and some coffee.

@ The Great Sadler - Your brain functions everything. If you are shot in the head, yes, you will die quickly. The most deadly parts of your brain will just switch off. Say for example, if you are shot and you die slowly, well, that might be different. It has to do with memory and a black out. As you said, if you are in a coma and you suddenly wake up, you won't remember anything. It will be just like that. I remember reading once you are about to die, you have this final fantasy dream. People that have been declared dead and woke up mentioned that this happened. A part of the brain has that dream. Some people say that they saw Jesus, but I see that as lies as those people were deep Christians.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

@Black & White, Those 'before death' dreams are very interesting. Christians aren't the only people that have experienced them. After doing some research I've found that 'before death visions' have been experienced by people of all religious backgrounds and a few hardcore atheists. These visions last anywhere from a few seconds to nearly an hour long in some cases. And some of these people were dead for several minutes all the while their brain showing zero activity. Science still hasn't been able to fully explain these strange near death visions.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Big Homie

• The Connection
  • Finland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

There´s a good psychological reason why Heaven is out of reach.

In Heaven You would be dreaming about the next one...

You really want to exist forever? It´s a jail, eternal boredom. I mean never getting into peace of yourself.

And if You suffer on earth, how would You not suffer there? They got better shrinks in Heaven?

UrbanForce22
  • UrbanForce22

likes big butts and he cannot lie.

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

You die and you don't respawn...

...or do you ? DUN DUN DUUUUN.

But seriously, I would like to know what it's like to be dead.

I would probably go to Hell.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

You die and you don't respawn...

...or do you ? DUN DUN DUUUUN.

But seriously, I would like to know what it's like to be dead.

I would probably go to Hell.

It would be interesting to know what it's like to be dead, but I kind of like the mystery of death better. And if Heaven and Hell do exist, I'll probably be going to Hell too.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

@Black & White, Those 'before death' dreams are very interesting. Christians aren't the only people that have experienced them. After doing some research I've found that 'before death visions' have been experienced by people of all religious backgrounds and a few hardcore atheists. These visions last anywhere from a few seconds to nearly an hour long in some cases. And some of these people were dead for several minutes all the while their brain showing zero activity. Science still hasn't been able to fully explain these strange near death visions.

Yep, very interesting. People that have reported this have seen their family members and stuff. I disbelieve that this is "God" connecting to the person. More like the area of the brain doing it's part. It's hard to imagine what it will be like in total silence and in total darkness. It just proves that we have to do our best while we are living. Not everything disappears. We have a family and they carry on having children.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yep, very interesting. People that have reported this have seen their family members and stuff. I disbelieve that this is "God" connecting to the person. More like the area of the brain doing it's part. It's hard to imagine what it will be like in total silence and in total darkness. It just proves that we have to do our best while we are living. Not everything disappears. We have a family and they carry on having children.

I don't think it's 'God' either, but something beyond our physical brain. And what part of the brain controls death exactly?

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

I don't think it's 'God' either, but something beyond our physical brain. And what part of the brain controls death exactly?

I'm not exactly sure. I know that the heart stops first, obviously. The brain is still active and starts closing after six minutes. Some people have this hallucination that they are out of their body and looking down upon their own body, which they don't realize that they are actually in a dream while death has started occurring.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

It's simple.

Einstein says, "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed."

Life is a form of Energy.

When the Host body dies the Energy is released.

How the Energy seeks/finds a new host is up to your way of thought.

You may assign a Deity or Not if you wish to select the new Host.

You may have a Fate or predestined existence.

That's why you may consider treating others fairly and with honour. You Don't Know if you should have an obligation to the next Human you meet.

Tyler
  • Tyler

The light in august

• Unknown

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

In the same way that a granola bar or a gas stove are.

• Criѕtian likes this

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'm not exactly sure. I know that the heart stops first, obviously. The brain is still active and starts closing after six minutes. Some people have this hallucination that they are out of their body and looking down upon their own body, which they don't realize that they are actually in a dream while death has started occurring.

I still don't understand why the dream is always an out of body experience. You'd think the dream would be anything, but the 'rewind' and floating bit is what people experience.

• Black & White likes this

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

And they are not eternal.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Think of before you where born, you can't remember nothing before being born. That's probably going to feel like you passed away. I know it's scary

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:02 PM Edited by Danz., 25 February 2014 - 10:03 PM.

Would it make my idea sound more serious if I added a proper soundtrack while it was being read by Morgan Freeman?

I mean, c'mon, there are many things that can happen during the day with your body that you can relate to death. For example:

This afternoon I spent most of my time on my bed during certain activities for hours, like studying, watching Code Geass(had to mention that), messing on Facebook with my phone. Overall, I stayed for like 4.5h just lying there. When I got up to do something else my blood pressure was low enough to almost make me faint. I was like "WTF...."

For the love of the truth my brain was dead for like 2 seconds, for the first time ever I had nothing in my mind and I only know that because my sister told me the facts. It might be a proof that once you die your brain switches off and you stop feeling anything.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

The person to ask about death, is a guy that has had a cardiac arrest.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Only drives V8s.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Would it make my idea sound more serious if I added a proper soundtrack while it was being read by Morgan Freeman?

I mean, c'mon, there many things that can happen during the day with your body that you can relate to death. For example:

This afternoon I spent most of my time on my bed during certain activities for hours, like studying, watching Code Geass(had to mention that), messing on Facebook with my phone. Overall, I stayed for like 4.5h just lying there. When I got up to do something else my blood pressure was low enough to almost make me faint. I was like "WTF...."

For the love of the truth my brain was dead for like 2 seconds, for the first time ever I had nothing in my mind and I only know that because my sister told me the facts. It might be a proof that once you die your brain switches off and you stop feeling anything.

Your brain did not switch off. Even if you pass out, your brain still functions.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

And they are not eternal.

RIGHT, for that you need to be a "TWINKIE" :)

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Supralux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

It's simple.

That's why you may consider treating others fairly and with honour. You Don't Know if you should have an obligation to the next Human you meet.

Life is a manifestation of matter\energy that entails the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death. If you break down any life form to its constituent atoms you get dead matter. When something dies, it becomes dead matter since the remaining stuff does not satisfy the definition for something that is alive.

You remains will not necessarily become part of another life form, certainly not necessarily part of a human being. You are more likely to be eaten by worms and bacteria. Does this sound comforting to you? I don't think it should.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:01 AM Edited by lil weasel, 26 February 2014 - 07:02 AM.

It's simple.

Life is a manifestation of matter\energy that entails the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death. If you break down any life form to its constituent atoms you get dead matter. When something dies, it becomes dead matter since the remaining stuff does not satisfy the definition for something that is alive.

You[r] remains will not necessarily become part of another life form, certainly not necessarily part of a human being. You are more likely to be eaten by worms and bacteria. Does this sound comforting to you? I don't think it should.

I'm not talking about the 'matter',as you say it's just rotting meat, what about the 'electrical' (?) spirit... as in the debunked Spiritism.

So the Bunko artists (Mediums) can't 'communicate' but It's possible the 'Energy' is still there looking for a new host... :)

Which might explain the alleged Ghost sightings?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

Your body gets thrown in the ground, or cremated, or floats to the bottom of a river with cement blocks on.

Your soul goes up to heaven to party with all your dead friends and family members and pets to celebrate your arrival in heaven and an eternity of kicking ass and chilling.

At least that's what I think.

• TheGreenSadler and RedBull FM like this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

You know how your life flashes before your eyes when you die?

Well, what if everytime you die, you just start your life over again and try to get a better score the next go around.

If so, I'd say I'm on my 4th or so try.

• universetwisters and siray like this

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

When you die you are buried in the ground
One day there will be a zombie apocalypse and all corpses will rise from the ground

Or you die and get reincarnated- I would be a rabbit so I can bit people

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

A hell inception where you are a main character in Flannery O'Connor's stories, die and become another character.

Alternately, a heaven where you can eat all you want without getting fat or feeling like a fatty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users