181 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:46 AM

South Park won march best game of the month from ign. People are getting butthurt that dark souls 2 and titanfall didn't win.

The first Dark Souls deserved all the hype it was getting, but something about Dark Souls 2 just didn't get to many of us

As for Titanfall.. honestly not as interesting as it was shown to be, you may say it was extremely overrated and overhyped, reminds me of GTA V in some way.

South Park was honestly a surprisingly great game, no doubt it deserved to be the best game of the month, hell.. out of all games releasing this year it should at least be in the top 10 of top releases of 2014.

• Dяno likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:54 AM

Wow I just realized I haven't played this in like 3 weeks. I think I might boot it up later. 

• Dяno likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

I just got a few quick questions as I am thinking of picking this up later in the week. I need a game to keep my occupied till Watch Dogs is released so I was wondering:

1. How many hours of gameplay is there in the main storyline?
  2. What can you do after you have completed the storyline?

I'm a big fan of South Park but haven't really looked to much into the game as I didn't want to look at reviews or gameplays etc and have the game spoiled for myself, so any answers to my questions would be welcomed.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

I just got a few quick questions as I am thinking of picking this up later in the week. I need a game to keep my occupied till Watch Dogs is released so I was wondering:

I'm a big fan of South Park but haven't really looked to much into the game as I didn't want to look at reviews or gameplays etc and have the game spoiled for myself, so any answers to my questions would be welcomed.

1) I completed the game in 12 hours. I didn't rush through the story, but I didn't deviate very much, either.

The story's kinda short, but it's good, and I think it's long enough.

2) Explore, do the side-missions you missed, etc.

It's an RPG. The game never really 'ends'.

• Hodgey. likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

I love this game as much  as the next guy, but if you're looking for a game to keep you busy until Watch_Dogs then this won't be the game to help you out, unless you play an hour a week or so.

1. Main storyline excluding any sidequests or collectibles would take you at least 10 hours or so on Easy/Normal (never tested on hard but will eventually)

2. Like I said there are a few sidequests (some which are gone forever if you don't do it during the storyline) collectibles which again, are miss-able and that about sums it up, no grinding or anything along those lines because you can reach the max level before the end.

• Hodgey. likes this

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:16 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 14 April 2014 - 09:16 PM.

I just feel they should have added a little bit more side missions at the end like maybe a tower where it has like 50 floors and you would face pretty much every enemy in the game, Having shops after doing ten floors each. Also you can use your summons once per ten floors. After you beat the side missions the only thing you do really is collect and walk around trying to gain friends. Not to mention the only things you can fight are the dogs in the forest which anyone at level 15 can k.o in one hit with that sword from the gun shop. 

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

So I finally got this and all I can say it's F*ck you Al Gore

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

Al Gore was a motherf*cker.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

It's easier to face him in the earlier levels than actually fighting him around level 10+

The bodyguards and Al Gore are your level, so the lower the easier obviously.

• Frank Brown likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

It's easier to face him in the earlier levels than actually fighting him around level 10+

The bodyguards and Al Gore are your level, so the lower the easier obviously.

Not true for me. He f*cked me jail-style when I faced him in the earlier levels, and I beat him in the later levels. Better gear and all that.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by Billy james, 25 April 2014 - 12:14 PM.

Why is the fight with Al Gore so damn hard, but his other fight easy

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

It's easier for some people if you keep giving him and the rest bleeding damage, at one point you'll barely have to do much to bring down all 4(5?) of them and you probably using no more than 3 or 4 health potions.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 25 April 2014 - 10:39 PM.

It's easier for some people if you keep giving him and the rest bleeding damage, at one point you'll barely have to do much to bring down all 4(5?) of them and you probably using no more than 3 or 4 health potions.

Warriors can be very OP in this battle. It's easier for them to gross all of them out then and like you said stack multiple bleeding damage especially on the one guarding al gore.  I also recommend butters or jimmy as your partner in this battle. You can keep charging butters so he can use professor chaos multiple times or use jimmy to send them to sleep.  

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:56 AM Edited by one55, 26 April 2014 - 08:58 AM.

I bought this game not that long ago. Played it twice. I just can't seem to get into it.

It looks it's been made on the cheap. Or maybe that's the design look they were going for? I don't know. It's just plain looking and quite cluttered.

The game play isn't that exciting either. Quite clunky and slow. The map is terribly laid out.

Also I feel sick when playing it because it's a 2d side scroller. The fps needs to be much higher.

I bought it for £18 (it was reduced from £35) so I'm kinda glad I didn't pay full price but £18 still feels like i've been ripped off. Wouldn't mind if I paid £5 for it second hand. I'll be giving the game to my friend. Really don't like it at all.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

Did anyone go Mage, cause I did and its awesome

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:10 AM

the game was just stupidly easy

though it was quite funny

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

so....I was right :(

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

so....I was right :(

Every person's gonna be different. I'm sure there's people that think Dark Souls is easy.

That being said, just hike up the difficulty and restrict yourself with potions and the like. The difficulty just got a lot harder.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

I bought this game not that long ago. Played it twice. I just can't seem to get into it.

It looks it's been made on the cheap. Or maybe that's the design look they were going for? I don't know. It's just plain looking and quite cluttered.

The game play isn't that exciting either. Quite clunky and slow. The map is terribly laid out.

Also I feel sick when playing it because it's a 2d side scroller. The fps needs to be much higher.

I bought it for £18 (it was reduced from £35) so I'm kinda glad I didn't pay full price but £18 still feels like i've been ripped off. Wouldn't mind if I paid £5 for it second hand. I'll be giving the game to my friend. Really don't like it at all.

The cheap design is what they were going for. I dunno if you watch South Park, but the game is like watching an entire season of the show, but you are the main character. I'm not going to hate on you for not liking a game that mostly everyone does, but to me it sounds like you are way too familiar with the modern games. Good games don't require fancy graphics and stuff. But hey, it's all personal opinion.

• Dяno likes this

Wendy Testaburger
  • Wendy Testaburger

South Park, CO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

It was a little overpriced but still the most fun I had in a video game for a while.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Nice game, but I just can't beat that stupid

Spoiler
in that dudes
Spoiler

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

Spoiler
in that dudes
Spoiler

Summon, or if that isn't available, water balloons.

Wendy Testaburger
  • Wendy Testaburger

South Park, CO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Spoiler
in that dudes
Spoiler

Summon, or if that isn't available, water balloons.

The Jesus attack is hilarious

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by W2B, 23 May 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Lately I've been playing a little bit of South Park and holy crap, the Al Gore fight is overly difficult, unless I'm doing something wrong.

I killed him once with the help of Cartman's farts haha, but then I lost the fight against the other 3 guys, and 2 of them still had full health.

I gave up after failing for the 20th time, and chances are I'll just try to complete the rest of the game without going back for another go.

Edit - finally managed to beat him. It was easy with my lvl 15 King, with the help of Kyle's Rain of Arrows, his Ike summoning, my Ground Stomp power and coffee. I never used a weapon and I didn't need health potions at all. Got the job done in 4 rounds. Easy!

a cactus
  • a cactus

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

alright, i'm bumping the living sh*t out of this topic, but this game is currently $4.99 on the psn store right now: https://store.playst...OUTHPARKTSOTGAM which, of course, means it'll probably be free on PS+ next month.

but if you've been waiting for a price drop like me, can't get much better than $5. 

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:14 PM Edited by Dяno, 18 March 2015 - 02:16 PM.

Yeah that's a hell of a better price of it then last year. Sad to say they have not released any info of DLC for this game as of yet and so many have moved on. I'm looking forward to e3 though since that may be our last hope.

krashr
  • krashr

dr feelgood

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

i had so much fun and so many laughs playing this game. definitely a great bargain if it's $5 now and i would play any dlc for it if they ever put any out

a cactus
  • a cactus

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

annnd now PS has come out and admitted it was a pricing error: https://twitter.com/...398912450408449

just makes it that much sweeter

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

The Sneaky Squeaker tutorial is so frustrating, so tired of Randy saying keeyah over and over again. I mute the tv when i'm playing this section of the game.

Three things i don't like about the game

The Sneaky Squeaker tutorial

No in game full screen map

The censored scenes, still annoyed that the scenes got censored and for no good reason other than the publisher decided to do it for some strange reason, maybe they were afraid people would start doing abortions on every they could find after playing the game.

Disarming the snuke can be occasionally irritating as well, it's so easy to mess up when tyring to disarm the snuke.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:37 PM

Lol remember the anal probe quest I f*cking hated that sh*t omg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users