South Park The Stick Of Truth

173 replies to this topic
hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

Just finished. Awesome game, I highly recommend to anyone that can take a joke.

However, unless you're a huge fan of South Park, it's probably not worth the $60.

I'll wait till they announce the dlc and the price of dlc first

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

However, unless you're a huge fan of South Park, it's probably not worth the $60.

Why? I'm genuinely curious why'd you wait for that, instead of a sale or something. 

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

Why? I'm genuinely curious why'd you wait for that, instead of a sale or something. 

mostly because of the "exclusive" dlc, and the fact they haven't announced how much content is left to add. I might get it second hand if the dlc is crap. if it's good value dlc, ill buy it new.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

mostly because of the "exclusive" dlc, and the fact they haven't announced how much content is left to add. I might get it second hand if the dlc is crap. if it's good value dlc, ill buy it new.

Fair enough

ArmoredxApple
  • ArmoredxApple

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I also love this game alot, its super funny, but hornedturtle, the preorder dlc is nothing to be exited about, all you get is some level 2 items that aren't even that good. so if it looks like you would like this kind of game, definitely get it, don't wait for dlc.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 08 March 2014 - 10:24 AM.

This game interests me so I placed an order online. Hopefully will be here this week sometime.

Don't mind some South Park. Been watching it on and off since 97.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

This game interests me so I placed an order online. Hopefully will be here this week sometime.

Don't mind some South Park. Been watching it on and off since 97.

Same here, my sister went to the same high school as Matt Stone; like 6 years after him. I remember watching the first movie, even though I was like 9 lol Good stuff its still around

Anyone ever play Chef's Luv Shack? I had it for the dreamcast, pretty fun. :^:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Finished it as well, it was fun, gameplay was a bit meh, but atleast they approached turn-based combat somewhat creative. The "puzzles" were a bit too simple at times, but the fact that it was South Park humor made up for most of it.

I'd give it a 7/10, if the price wasn't €40,-. so instead it gets a 6/10.

Advice: Wait for Steam sale.

Agathodaemon
  • Agathodaemon

Not a good enough gangbanger

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Just finished main quests and (I think) all side quests. That game is totally hilarious! Gnomes part was amazing! I really enjoyed it. I think that I will repeat the whole game at least once more. I hope they will release some DLC, because the campaign was a little bit short. In my opinion: 9/10.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

Dяno
  • Dяno

Pika

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Just finished main quests and (I think) all side quests. That game is totally hilarious! Gnomes part was amazing! I really enjoyed it. I think that I will repeat the whole game at least once more. I hope they will release some DLC, because the campaign was a little bit short. In my opinion: 9/10.

Yeah I'm currently on my third playthrough, I've beaten the game with my Thief and Jew. Now I'm playing on the highest difficulty and I'm currently stuck on night one which is very hard, but it's a good challenge.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:36 AM

Just finished all the achievements on my fourth play through. I don't care what anyone says, if you're a real South Park fan, this game is worth its current price tag.
  • Matty256 likes this

Johan
  • Johan

'Till the day we meet again

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yeah I'm currently on my third playthrough, I've beaten the game with my Thief and Jew. Now I'm playing on the highest difficulty and I'm currently stuck on night one which is very hard, but it's a good challenge.

I'm up to my 4th playthrough now but I have to ask even if this sounds stupid, what does the highest difficulty add exactly?

Extra HP for enemies? Harder to block? etc..

Dяno
  • Dяno

Pika

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

I'm up to my 4th playthrough now but I have to ask even if this sounds stupid, what does the highest difficulty add exactly?

It doesn't sound stupid at all bro, I actually had to look it up before I played it too. Yeah their health is way higher before at the beginning of the game, blocking is still the same, but the also deal harder damage to you. So you'll have be on your toes when it comes to finding which move will work well against an enemy. I think I'm going to give up on it though because I feel its not for me and it takes the fun out of the game.

• Johan likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

It doesn't sound stupid at all bro, I actually had to look it up before I played it too. Yeah their health is way higher before at the beginning of the game, blocking is still the same, but the also deal harder damage to you. So you'll have be on your toes when it comes to finding which move will work well against an enemy. I think I'm going to give up on it though because I feel its not for me and it takes the fun out of the game.

Haha thanks for the reply, since I have every trophy already I feel like I have nothing to lose by trying this out until I finally get money to start on Dark Souls 2.

Thankfully I also have the digital copy of the game, so breaking the disc if it ends up being too impossible is not doable. 

• Dяno likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:45 AM Edited by trip, 11 March 2014 - 12:46 AM.

[...] I don't care what anyone says, if you're a real South Park fan, this game is worth its current price tag.

I agree.  

No lie - not 10 minutes ago I just got called out on the price tag by my wife.  

Wife: "I thought you said the South Park game was 30 bucks"!

Me: "Huh"?  I don't know, I don't remember".  "How do you know how much I paid for the South Park game"?

Wife: "It was on the news this morning.  They said the game is great and it costs 60 bucks".

Me: "Maybe I got it on a Steam sale"...?

• Th3MaN1 likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

[...] I don't care what anyone says, if you're a real South Park fan, this game is worth its current price tag.

I agree.  

No lie - not 10 minutes ago I just got called out on the price tag by my wife.  

Wife: "I thought you said the South Park game was 30 bucks"!

Me: "Huh"?  I don't know, I don't remember".  "How do you know how much I paid for the South Park game"?

Wife: "It was on the news this morning.  They said the game is great and it costs 60 bucks".

Me: "Maybe I got it on a Steam sale"...?

Or, you have game fly! :^:

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

My copy just arrived in the mail, yes. Hard to believe I didn't even know this game existed until over the weekend.
  • Dяno likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

My copy just arrived in the mail, yes. Hard to believe I didn't even know this game existed until over the weekend.

But..but.. how on earth you didn't know about this game?

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

I contemplated waiting for the price to drop but f*ck it, as a massive South Park I decided to just buy it, now I just have to wait for it to come in the mail. The game looks amazing and I just simply can't any longer.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

From a big South Park fan considering getting this, I have to ask this. Is the game non-linear? Does it give you a full rendition of South Park to explore? Not in 3D obviously.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

From a big South Park fan considering getting this, I have to ask this. Is the game non-linear? Does it give you a full rendition of South Park to explore? Not in 3D obviously.

The story is on a set path, but there are tons of sidequests collectibles etc you can find around the town, It's somewhat a full rendition of the city on a 2d plain, Some houses and buildings do seem to be missing, but most of which only appeared in 1 or 2 episodes, so it's not that big of a deal.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:10 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 12 March 2014 - 02:10 AM.

I just didn't:P.

Anyway played it for a few hours last night. Really cool game, but I think I have a problem. This is in regards to the school.

Spoiler

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

Anyway played it for a few hours last night. Really cool game, but I think I have a problem. This is in regards to the school.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

Well that game was f*cking awesome. Too bad it's short. Wouldn't have minded if there were more side quests, that would have extended the game nicely.

That and there's no more worthy enemies to use powerful weapons on after the end!

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Just ordered this off Amazon. Now I must patiently wait  :cry:

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:49 AM

Spoiler
Spoiler

Yeah. I figured it out. Actually no. I just went on Youtube.:p

Some things I've noticed are very vague, but I suppose it's a break from a lot of games that tell you how to do everything.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:28 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 12 March 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Double post sorry.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Well that game was f*cking awesome. Too bad it's short. Wouldn't have minded if there were more side quests, that would have extended the game nicely.

That and there's no more worthy enemies to use powerful weapons on after the end!

Yeah.. one of the worst things about most RPGs, wish there was some kind of New Game+ or extra side quests only available to you at your max level or after the main story is done, would have added at least 2 extra hours.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Double post sorry.

Hours apart. :p

Anyways, just waiting for gamefly to send me it so I can finish the other achievements and what not, maybe another run through as a Jew aha

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

One of these days I'm gonna get organezized

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 13 March 2014 - 10:24 PM.

can anyone help me? I think I've gotten myself stuck in the stick of truth...

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users