» «
Photo

South Park The Stick Of Truth

173 replies to this topic
gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:41 PM Edited by gta_aus, 06 March 2014 - 02:22 PM.

This game is AWESOME!! As a long time South Park fan I am so happy with this game. Before doing any main quests I explored South Park. That alone was amazing, because it was something I have always wanted to do. I flipped my sh*t when I saw someone hiding behind a bush, only to find it was
Spoiler

Then I went to the bank to find I could deposit money,
Spoiler
That was sickk!!!
  • kipakolonyasi and LilMcJohn like this

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Considering I am a mediocre fan of South Park (Still not caught up with the latest seasons), this game is funny and awesome. I will be honest, I was really skeptical about this game. I think a lot of people were.

The turn based combat is interesting because there is a twist, you actually have to interact and time your attacks, and you are not just sitting there watching the combat. I really don't like turn based combat at all, but this game I actually enjoy it. Im only 30 minutes into the game and already laughed a few times.

One of the things I get from people who don't like the South Park comedy or what kind of jokes they do, is that "Ehh I don't laugh at fart jokes or people talking about sh*t" "It's not funny.. Just stupid". To those people, they need to see past just those jokes or maybe their sense of humor is just not with a good mix for it.

It isn't the joke it self that is funny. The joke is about them joking around with American Culture and Society. It is the point of the satire. It has a more deeper meaning than just toilet jokes, because toilet jokes by themselves are not funny (at least in my opinion). It is about what the characters are being interpreted as is what is funny for me.

• gta_aus likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

they gave early access.....to pewdiepie? Isn't pewdiepies target audience kids? not a good sign

He's insanely popular.

How is it not a good sign?

It's be a bad sign to not give him early access.

Pewdiepie isn't popular to anyone over the age of 15. All his subs are immature. Go into a video of his and say one bad thing about him ( Even if its to help him ) you get all his butthurt fanboys attacking you. 

Also most of his videos are stage reactions. 

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

they gave early access.....to pewdiepie? Isn't pewdiepies target audience kids? not a good sign

He's insanely popular.

Pewdiepie isn't popular to anyone over the age of 15. All his subs are immature. Go into a video of his and say one bad thing about him ( Even if its to help him ) you get all his butthurt fanboys attacking you. 

I think the problem with Pewdiepie, was in the beginning, he was very unique and original in what he offered, but as soon has he got well known, it changes his plans. He can no longer just stick to what he was good at. He has to keep his fans satisfied, even if his reactions are fake and staged. It also changes how people perceive him.

I do not watch Pewdiepie anymore, or never really followed him from the start much. But I heard of him and seen some of his content. His original niche of Horror gaming, is just not present at it used to be..

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

He's insanely popular.

That's just guessing. I tried to see his demographic, but it was blocked. It is more kids than adults, most likely, but there's no actual figures, so we only have speculation.

Also, all fanboys are aggressive. That's no indication of age at all.

Of course most of his videos are stage reactions. That's what people like, and he delivers.

Also, having played the game: I was right. The game is gruesome, and not for the serious types. No bad signs at all.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

-I just deleted this crazy long ramble where I sounded like some crazy homeless person with weird conspiracies-

Anyway...this game is f*cking great.  What a great idea to have such a tried and true developer team up with a long running, well known, funny ass tv show to allow us to roll play in.  It's like living in South Park.  

• gta_aus likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

-I just deleted this crazy long ramble where I sounded like some crazy homeless person with weird conspiracies-

Anyway...this game is f*cking great.  What a great idea to have such a tried and true developer team up with a long running, well known, funny ass tv show to allow us to roll play in.  It's like living in South Park.  

I know, it's fantastic!

This is the only game that makes me wanna play all classes, just because of how diverse it is, and how many things there are to do, and etc.

• gta_aus likes this

LilMcJohn
  • LilMcJohn

Leaf's Yellow Flash

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:44 AM Edited by LilMcJohn, 07 March 2014 - 02:45 AM.

This game will never make us forget about South Park guys. Even when were all old sitting on our front porch, we'll remember this game and then the TV show. As South Park was one of the best TV shows ever made!

• gta_aus likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

He's insanely popular.

That's just guessing. I tried to see his demographic, but it was blocked. It is more kids than adults, most likely, but there's no actual figures, so we only have speculation.

Also, all fanboys are aggressive. That's no indication of age at all.

Of course most of his videos are stage reactions. That's what people like, and he delivers.

Also, having played the game: I was right. The game is gruesome, and not for the serious types. No bad signs at all.

What 18 year old would defend this guy and call others a idiot? 
What 16-17 year old would defend this guy and call others a idiot? 

This guy is in his 20's and got lucky at first for being unquie. Then the money corrupt him like most youtubers and now he's after the all mighty dollar. 

Saying stage videos brings more people in is a opinion. Why hasn't TheRadBrad not stage any videos or at least doesn't do a poor job like Pewdiepie? Why cause you don't get the same experience. 

Have you seen some of his videos? I saw one where it was Pewdie does or something like that and the fans tell him what to do. 

One was putting his butt in front of his dog and dancing. How is that funny? Only a 12 year old would find that funny. 

There are youtubers out there that deserve those views pew gets. 

• hornedturtle likes this

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by gta_aus, 07 March 2014 - 02:12 PM.

So I just got about 4 of these messages on screen, kinda gay but the way the done it makes me laugh. [img]http://imgur.com/OSLo2wx[\img]
How do I put the picture on here
  • Fireman and TheCacti like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:43 PM Edited by Fireman, 07 March 2014 - 01:43 PM.

Aw man, it must suck being an Aussie with all the censorship :(

You can use [img] URL [ /img]

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by gta_aus, 07 March 2014 - 02:16 PM.

I was reading up about it and apparently it was Ubisoft that made the decision to censor it, not the rating board. Europe has the same version as us too. So far that's the only censored part. I've seen a naked chick and a guy jerking off so so far so good haha

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Is this only censored for 360 and PS3? I read that the PC version is clean in Europe?

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Is this only censored for 360 and PS3? I read that the PC version is clean in Europe?

True

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:47 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 07 March 2014 - 08:16 PM.

redx, this argument is so retardedly pointless; I honestly have no idea why you added onto it like 5 days later.

hornedturtle was being ridiculously stupid. He has no idea how marketing works. This was never a discussion about Pewdiepie, it was a discussion about the game, with Pewdiepie being a factor.

If you want me to go into detail about how hornedturtle was stupid, I will.

I'm just gonna say this: People (hornedturtle) need to stop talking about things they know nothing about, especially when they say it like they know what they're talking about.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Ugh, I'm stuck, might be a bug, can't find out what else could be wroing.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

What's up?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Where are you? And put it in spoilers.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by Fireman, 07 March 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Spoiler

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

redx, this argument is so retardedly pointless; I honestly have no idea why you added onto it like 5 days later.

hornedturtle was being ridiculously stupid. He has no idea how marketing works. This was never a discussion about Pewdiepie, it was a discussion about the game, with Pewdiepie being a factor.

I'm just gonna say this: People (hornedturtle) need to stop talking about things they know nothing about, especially when they say it like they know what they're talking about.

me saying due to the fact it was given to pewdiepie to advertise, that the game is probably not for me = I have no idea what im talking about? go get f*cked. you have no idea on how marketing works.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:31 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 07 March 2014 - 09:32 PM.

me saying due to the fact it was given to pewdiepie to advertise, that the game is probably not for me = I have no idea what im talking about? go get f*cked. you have no idea on how marketing works.

Sorry, I was being a bit of an asshole, but you still have no idea what you're talking about.

It was given to more people than Pewdiepie, obviously. Also, the demographics for Pewdiepie are unknown, so anything else is speculation. All that matters is that he's famous.

"me saying due to the fact it was given to pewdiepie to advertise, that the game is probably not for me = I have no idea what im talking about?"

You never said that the game "wouldn't be for you", you said that it's not a good sign that it's given to Pewdiepie, plus a bunch of other bullsh*t, which is absolute horsesh*t.

do have an idea on how marketing works, seeing how I'm studying it and planning to get into that career path ;)

-----------------------------------------

Anyway, let me explain why you have no idea what you're talking about:

Pewdiepie is one of the most famous gaming Youtubers out there. He gets millions of views each video. So, you send him the game for free so he can get some early content up, and let people see what the game's like.

It has absolutely, positively nothing to do with age or demographic. The whole point of marketing is to, you guessed it, MARKET! How do you market? Getting the word out. How do you get the word out? Sending out free early copies for people to play! And who plays those copies? Famous/respected/popular people!

IGN, Gamespot, Pewdiepie; all the major reviewers. They all got copies early. And guess what? Because they put out reviews/videos, more people heard about the game, saw what it was like, decided whether or not they liked it. The 4 million people that watched Pewdiepie's South Park videos could've never heard of the game before, and then they saw it on his channel, and decided they liked it. That's 4 million potential consumers.

It is literally delusional to think giving a copy of a game to someone internet famous is a bad sign. I'm not even joking. if anyone thinks that, they're not in touch with reality.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• LilMcJohn likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by hornedturtle, 07 March 2014 - 09:48 PM.

" because his TARGET audience is kids. it increases the chance greatly that the games target audience is kids, therefore it increases the chance of it not being a game targeting my demographic"

is the second thing I said. If you look at the wording, "increases the chance" and not "it is not". if you're going into advertising you should know the way things are worded makes a huge difference

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 07 March 2014 - 10:34 PM.

" because his TARGET audience is kids. it increases the chance greatly that the games target audience is kids, therefore it increases the chance of it not being a game targeting my demographic"

Again, not true. At all. You have no knowledge of how these things work.

If a game's target audience is kids, it sure as Hell's not gonna be rated M, first and foremost. That's the worst way to market to kids.

In 2012, the most rated ESRB game was E with 45%. Guess what M was? 9%. 

Oh, and don't even bring up anything about "Cod is made for children", because it's not. It's made for adults (Hence the M rating), and is also appealing for children, which is just a double whammy. There are no statistics about the age of CoD gamers, either.

Pewdiepie's target audience is a popularity demographic, not an age demographic. Same with Youtubers such as Roosterteeth and CaptainSparklez. The big thing on Youtube right now is Lets Plays. Guess what all those guys are doing (Aside from CaptainSparklez, who's doing something similar, but not exactly like the others)? Lets Plays!

Pewdiepie doesn't give a f*ck what age the person is who watches his videos. He doesn't cater to an age, he caters to whatever's popular (Recently has been facecam, too). That's how you get your ad money, and that's how you get your views.

Your argument is like saying that channels that talk all about science have target audiences of scientists. No, they're just trying to entertain/smarten people up. Key word on entertain.

All of this doesn't even touch on what was already confirmed to be in the game (Abortions, anal probing, etc.). Knowing that alone is enough to laugh off your claims.

Let me put it this way:

If you see a commercial for GTA V on Cartoon Network, does that mean R* is trying to cater to kids? No. Not with GTA V. It depends on the game.

If a GTA V commercial is shown on Cartoon Network, it's because CN is one of the most popular channels around. It's one of the best ways to get the word about your game around.

FX, Spike, and etc. would also work. It's not dependent on age, it's dependent on popularity.

There's also Comedy Central, TBS, etc.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by hornedturtle, 07 March 2014 - 10:46 PM.

Again, not true. At all. You have no knowledge of how these things work.

If a game's target audience is kids, it sure as Hell's not gonna be rated M, first and foremost. That's the worst way to market to kids.

In 2012, the most rated ESRB game was E with 45%. Guess what M was? 9%. 

Oh, and don't even bring up anything about "Cod is made for children", because it's not. It's made for adults (Hence the M rating), and is also appealing for children, which is just a double whammy. There are no statistics about the age of CoD gamers, either.

Pewdiepie's target audience is a popularity demographic, not an age demographic. Same with Youtubers such as Roosterteeth and CaptainSparklez. The big thing on Youtube right now is Lets Plays. Guess what all those guys are doing (Aside from CaptainSparklez, who's doing something similar, but not exactly like the others)? Lets Plays!

Pewdiepie doesn't give a f*ck what age the person is who watches his videos. He doesn't cater to an age, he caters to whatever's popular (Recently has been facecam, too). That's how you get your ad money, and that's how you get your views.

Your argument is like saying that channels that talk all about science have target audiences of scientists. No, they're just trying to entertain/smarten people up. Key word on entertain.

All of this doesn't even touch on what was already confirmed to be in the game (Abortions, anal probing, etc.). Knowing that alone is enough to laugh off your claims.
soooo....you're saying the rating system is effective and not just there to keep the conservatives happy? are you saying because it's rated m there is no possible way it could be made with children as the target audience? I like your optimism on how the world works. yhe fact it's rated "m" you could argue it becomes similar to the forbidden fruit, making the kids want it more

also on your cartoon network theory, you will mostly find adds for toys and candy. stop making up hypothetical sh*t

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 07 March 2014 - 11:20 PM.

soooo....you're saying the rating system is effective and not just there to keep the conservatives happy?

Ummmm...Yeah. It serves a purpose, y'know.

I'm pretty sure 88% of parents whose kids play video games aren't Conservative... (Check Page 8 ;))

are you saying because it's rated m there is no possible way it could be made with children as the target audience?

Yeah, there's no way a rated M game can be gunning for a children's target audience. It's literally retarded to rate your game M and try to sell it primarily to children.

However, like I said before, rated M games can also have kids in mind. CoD is an example of this. It's fast and easy for kids, and it's everything for adults. CoD sure as f*ck isn't made for kids in mind, though.

The fact it's rated "m" you could argue it becomes similar to the forbidden fruit, making the kids want it more

You could argue that, but the argument would not be very legitimate, for reasons I really shouldn't have to expand upon.

"also on your cartoon network theory, you will mostly find adds for toys and candy. stop making up hypothetical sh*t"

I'm not. Not only is it true (Look at lip balm commercials, etc. Not exactly products 'made for kids'.), but I've seen rated M game commercials on it before.

Also, it's not a theory. It's fact.

I also didn't only list CN, in case you didn't notice...

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Picked this game up today, I'm VERY impressed. The fight mechanics and upgrade system are really well thought out, the soundtrack in outstanding, it's hilarious. Really good game. Happily surprised.
  • TheMasterfocker and LilMcJohn like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 08 March 2014 - 12:27 AM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes, this works.

Beat the game, kind of short. Definitely just worth a gamefly rental or redbox like I did. :p

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

Yeah you can only fart away the rats with Dragonshout, I forgot that.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

Yes, this works.

Beat the game, kind of short. Definitely just worth a gamefly rental or redbox like I did. :p

yeah im just gonna wait it out for a few months and get lightning returns with south park when they reach $20 by like june :p 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Just finished. Awesome game, I highly recommend to anyone that can take a joke.

However, unless you're a huge fan of South Park, it's probably not worth the $60.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users