South Park The Stick Of Truth

173 replies to this topic
Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Who's getting this game? Comes out next Tuesday and it's going to be f*cking badass. Youtuber Pewdiepie got early access to it and could only post three videos. Anyways if you love south park you have to buy this!  :karmaeater:

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

I did not have any plans of getting it at launch, but sometime, but after watching pewdiepies videos of it I got excited as hell, so I will be getting it next week to!

I have longed for a turn based RPG for a really long time now, so it will be nice to have both a really funny game and aswell a genre I've missed a lot. 

Really looking forward to it. 

• Dяno likes this

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

A game like Stick of Truth is not something I would have expected. I'm looking forward to it because it has a lot of nostalgia value for me. So it's taking a turn based style similar to the early Final Fantasy games (the actual early ones in this case, before ATB became a staple in IV) and combining the funny characters and biting satire of South Park. I grew up playing FF and watching South Park so to see the two combined is awesome. Totally, ridiculously, cool. Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Obsidian (a massively underrated company in my opinion) working on a RPG? Yes please.

Yeah, I'm totally buying it.

• Dяno likes this

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

I'm scared about this one actually. It was supposed to be out in 2012, then it got delayed, then THQ got bankrupt and an entirely different developed picked it up...

Better not be another Duke Nukem Forever.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

I'm scared about this one actually. It was supposed to be out in 2012, then it got delayed, then THQ got bankrupt and an entirely different developed picked it up...

I don't see it turning out that bad. DNF was designed more than a generation ago, whereas this has only been a few years in development.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 26 February 2014 - 08:34 PM.

It looks great bro. Don't worry, wait about a week and look up some youtube vids before thinking about purchasing it. When a lot of people saw Duke Nukem Forever, they instantly bought it without waiting or anything. I can this game getting maybe a 8 or 8.25 depending on how much content is in the game. Also I'll have to wait at least a week anyway before purchasing it which sucks.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:04 PM Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 26 February 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Preordered it.

Can't wait!

Maybe not, xbox 360 is stuck on 'open tray' even with a game in it.... :v:

• Dяno likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

Not sure what to think of it. I watched a gameplay video on youtube and it seemed pretty cool and I love South Park but then again I don't know what I think about the combat  

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:31 AM

It looks like a $39 game rather than $59, but it does look cool. 

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:36 AM

they gave early access.....to pewdiepie? Isn't pewdiepies target audience kids? not a good sign

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

they gave early access.....to pewdiepie? Isn't pewdiepies target audience kids? not a good sign

He's insanely popular.

How is it not a good sign?

It's be a bad sign to not give him early access.

• Dяno likes this

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

He's insanely popular.

because his TARGET audience is kids. it increases the chance greatly that the games target audience is kids, therefore it increases the chance of it not being a game targeting my demographic.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

He's insanely popular.

because his TARGET audience is kids. it increases the chance greatly that the games target audience is kids, therefore it increases the chance of it not being a game targeting my demographic.

Dude, it's South Park. There's anal probing and abortions in the game, and that's just what we know about.

This game is as far away from targeting kids as you can get. It's not like Halo or CoD. It's South Park. Parents know how bad South park is, so they're even less likely to buy it for their little darlings. This is one of those times that brand recognition is a bitch.

They're just marketing by giving it to one of the most popular Youtube channels. I'm sure they gave it to other people too. 4 million people average watch his South Park videos. That's possibly 4 million people exposed to the game and who might be willing to buy it.

It's just simple marketing, plain and simple. You go for the biggest market, and PewDiePie is it when it comes to Youtube.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

He's insanely popular.

You're trying to suggest that the average IQ level of a South Park viewer is above that of a rather gimmicky Let's Play viewer. You would be wrong.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

He's insanely popular.

You're trying to suggest that the average IQ level of a South Park viewer is above that of a rather gimmicky Let's Play viewer. You would be wrong.

no, what im trying to say is the gameplay will be very simplistic and easy.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:49 AM

He's insanely popular.

Lol well I don't know about that, this is a game designed by Obsidian.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

He's insanely popular.

Based off of one Youtuber getting the game early...?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

He's insanely popular.

they don't just pick randomly. when handing out stuff like this alot of research is done into who they have to promote their product.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

He's insanely popular.

they don't just pick randomly. when handing out stuff like this alot of research is done into who they have to promote their product.

So you're basing the mechanics of a game that isn't out yet on your perception of the audience of some Let's Player?

I'd like everyone to read that and then read it again. Then laugh at this guy for his stupidity.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Pewdiepie is the real world equivalent of Timmy.

So it seems like a perfect fit.

• *MURDOC*, lazy. and kipakolonyasi like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:55 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 02 March 2014 - 11:56 AM.

Not a fan of turn-based combat (it's 2014, guys...) so I'll probably just watch a walkthrough on YT and see if the writing and jokes are any good.

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:58 PM Edited by Bat Guano, 02 March 2014 - 03:01 PM.

He's insanely popular.

Maybe in a parallel universe where most of the kids like turn based games.

Well, I have to say I'm also not too fond of Final Fantasy-ish gameplay.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Not a fan of turn-based combat (it's 2014, guys...) so I'll probably just watch a walkthrough on YT and see if the writing and jokes are any good.

Why does it matter that it's 2014? Turn based has every right to stay as well as clunky action RPG controls.
  • *MURDOC* and Grand Theft Amanda like this

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Going to have to wait for the PS4 port to play this game.. the PS3 went out on the fritz last week and been playing the hell out of Outlast and Thief on the PS4

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Going to have to wait for the PS4 port to play this game.. the PS3 went out on the fritz last week and been playing the hell out of Outlast and Thief on the PS4

I didn't know their was going to be a PS4 port.  :panic:

sh*t.... Man I want it so badly, but a PS4 might be worth saving for. 

But the graphics can't get any better than they already look.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

I don't think there is a PS4 port that I heard of, guessing countrymike84 is assuming there will be one.

Anyway I pre-ordered this thing on the PSN store, doesn't look that bad at all but I think I'll regret spending 60$ on it

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

Currently pre-loading the game on Steam.

I'm excited, because I get all week to play it. Thank God for starting work next week!

• Dяno likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

i'm thinking of picking up this game just because it's south park. big fan of the show. but turn-based combat? i don't know... 

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

i'm thinking of picking up this game just because it's south park. big fan of the show. but turn-based combat? i don't know... 

I said the same thing, but then I started reminiscing the days when I use to play final fantasy and I said what the hell its south park!  

Currently pre-loading the game on Steam.

I'm excited, because I get all week to play it. Thank God for starting work next week!

Lucky.... :D

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

IGN already posted their review http://www.ign.com/a...of-truth-review

9.0 for those that were lazy to scroll/watch the video for spoilers, I'm seriously pumped for it now! Get to download it on the PSN store in less than 12 hours!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users