Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is it about the Bugatti exactly that makes it ugly?

125 replies to this topic
Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by Kracus, 25 February 2014 - 06:24 PM.

ferrari_458_speciale_001.jpg

I dunno man, those headlights look an awful lot like the carbonizzare.

Ferrari458Speciale3.jpg

Even the back is pretty close...

edit: I think you're right though.

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

The reason the Adder is ugly is because of the car it's modeled after which everyone knows is the Buggati Veyron. The Veyron isn't meant to be beautiful, it's made by the VW group and they're notorious for making cars that look fairly plain. The engineering in their cars are incredibly well done but style is more of an afterthought. I suspect the looks of the veyron came about because of function rather than style which would be a very german thing to do.

VW made many other vehicles that you wouldn't know are extremely expensive cars. Look at the ultra luxurious Phaeton for example.

VW is known for being one of the few car companies that design for the German market. It's not plain, it's honest and clean. Germany is and has been at the forefront of design. German design is in no way an "afterthought."

I'm not defending the Bugatti, I'm defending German design.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hey I have no issues with German design but it's not a secret that VW cars all tend to look the same.

I drive a GTI so I know a little bit about that. :p

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

The Entity is infinitely uglier in my opinion. I don't get why people hate the Adder so much either. Tasteless hipsters.

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think it looks best in pink. 

Black w/ pink pearl. 

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Yeah, it's kind of ugly, but I like having it, because I got it pre-Cashpocalypse, and now that I have it, I don't have to spend my hard-grinded money to get one. In fact, I'd originally bought it with the intention to sell it for the money afterwards, but I thought, why not have the most expensive car in the game, full mods, it's not like I'm ever gonna spend money on something like that again...

In a way, it's actually grown on me... it's fun to beat the sh*t out of to within an inch of its life. Drive it like it's stolen, son. :D

That's not ugly at all man, that's sweet!

Actually, it has grown on me, and to be honest, I didn't end up selling it because of that paint job.... (well, that and I knew I'd never spend the money on it again to get another one...)

Besides, I like it better than the Entity, for several reasons, not the least of which is that everyone has an Entity. 

However, I think I still like my Batmobile Cheetah (matte black w/ off-road tires) best. :) 

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hey I have no issues with German design but it's not a secret that VW cars all tend to look the same.

Obviously not enough, since your car was designed by an Italian.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

I think it actually looks great, but I feel the Entity is the better car so I bought that one instead. I feel it's kinda silly to buy my one and only super car based on looks rather than performance. I've already chosen my 9 other cars based solely on looks.

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Drifting thoughout these threads like a true drifter should.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

It's a**hole is fook ugly, if we could slap a spoiler on their I might like it, but until then I'm gonna stick with my bullet

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

Obviously not enough, since your car was designed by an Italian.

Would you happen to know who? I've tried to find some info to support that but seem to be coming up empty... Not that I'm denying it, nor do I care, but the fact remains that it looks like every other VW out there. Same headlights, same taillights, same general shape etc etc...

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Just DO It

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

It looks like a giant Beatle and with chrome a mirror on wheels

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Absolutely nothing. This forum is just full of silly sausages. I actually love the look of it, and how it handles.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

It's just a hate bandwagon. Things that gain huge popularity tend to obtain a following of blind haters. Just looks at things like Skrillex, David Guetta, Call of Duty, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Apple, etc..

The Veyron and Adder are not ugly. It's just a veil created by all the hate. People's perceptions are easily altered by other's opinions, especially if its trending. 

Completely agree. I was going to make a comment, but this is exactly what I was going to say.

I don't have an Adder, because I think one supercar is enough, and I personally prefer the Entity, but the Adder really does look really cool IMO. And chrome, what a lot of people hate on the Adder, does IMO look pretty cool as a secondary color.

TheSkullmasher
  • TheSkullmasher

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

At least 50% of the people who bought the bugatti in GTA:O, only know what a bugatti even IS, thanks to a stupid song.

The rest have it for it's performance, which is outshined by the Cheetah anyway...

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

At least 50% of the people who bought the bugatti in GTA:O, only know what a bugatti even IS, thanks to a stupid song.

The rest have it for it's performance, which is outshined by the Cheetah anyway...

I know it because I play numerous racing games in which you can use it. That is probably the more likely cause of people knowing the car.

dadebluntss
  • dadebluntss

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Too bad only 1% of people that bought the Z-Type know that is also a Bugatti.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

I love mine. I don't see the big deal people make over it but it hasn't affected me so far.

0_0.jpg

pepto bismal called, they want their turd medicine back LMAO UGGGGLY AS SIN KID 

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Buggatti looks okay but the adder and buggatti arent the same thing. Like i dont like the infernus but would kill to drive a lambo.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Would you happen to know who? I've tried to find some info to support that but seem to be coming up empty... Not that I'm denying it, nor do I care, but the fact remains that it looks like every other VW out there. Same headlights, same taillights, same general shape etc etc...

First gen was Giugiaro (Italdesign), and its pretty obvious that the subsequent three generations were heavily based off the exact same lines.

Fifth and sixth gen were their inhouse guy, di Silva. I don't remember his first name. He does the bulk of the VW stuff for the last decade or more.

• Kracus likes this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

It's a nice car

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by Sushi__Wolf, 25 February 2014 - 08:08 PM.

Exactly! Its that egg shape. Its too smooth or something. I dislike the R8 for the same reason. 

To anyone saying its because its popular dont be ridiculous. There are plenty of cars that are popular and dont look like sh*t. 

Ferrari F40
Pagani Zonda
Porsche 911 (just about all of them)
Ferrari 458

The list goes on. 

lololol if you think the f40 is ugly your a moron,, sorry..... I like my adder I'd buy it again, you don't own one so you hate on it,, don't like the look no one cares go drive your sultan....

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

I've never liked the John Gotti. I don't like the shape of it, but I do appreciate how bananas it is. It does have a nice sound, and it is fast but something about it... I dunno, I was never attracted to the Gotti when it first came out almost 10 years ago, when I saw it I was blown away by it but it wasn't anything special to me. An F40, or the EB110 was a more special car in my opinion, but to each their own. Call me a hipster if you want, but then again you guys use that word almost more than confirmed so I wouldn't be surprised if any of you actually knew what the f*ck it meant.

manutd36
  • manutd36

Manutd36

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Triumph Daytona 650 

triumph_daytona_650_2005_8_lgw.jpg

Patiently awaits the motorbike hate  :cool:

dadebluntss
  • dadebluntss

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Exactly! Its that egg shape. Its too smooth or something. I dislike the R8 for the same reason. 

To anyone saying its because its popular dont be ridiculous. There are plenty of cars that are popular and dont look like sh*t. 

Ferrari F40
Pagani Zonda
Porsche 911 (just about all of them)
Ferrari 458

The list goes on. 

lololol if you think the f40 is ugly your a moron,, sorry..... I like my adder I'd buy it again, you don't own one so you hate on it,, don't like the look no one cares go drive your sultan....

You really fail at reading comprehension huh. Obviously i dont think the F40 looks like sh*t, since i wrote, here is a list of popular cars that dont look like sh*t. 

READING IS FUN!

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

they look beautiful... WHILE ON FIRE!!!!

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

Sweet JP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

There's a Bugatti in this game? Wow, R* really is doing a good job of hiding it, even though the license for a car like that would run you pretty high. 

/sarcasm

I don't think the Adder is ugly, it's the way people color them and the wheels they add to them.

Here's mine:

0_0.jpg

Stop calling it a f*cking Bugatti.

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Triumph Daytona 650 

Patiently awaits the motorbike hate  :cool:

Not here, but that's the most boring motorcycle in Triumph's very attractive stable, past or present.

The classic Bonneville, the new Scrambler, or the stripped down Speed Triple all look better than something that's more or less hidden under yards of aerodynamic plastic.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Highly overrated and has absolutely no value anymore cause everyone who has glitched and modded cash has bought it and made it look worse than the original design. 1,000,000 on a car that everyone has just because it's the most expensive. Not thanks.

GambleGamble
  • GambleGamble

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by GambleGamble, 25 February 2014 - 08:48 PM.

The grill it's a super car that tries to look classy not sporty.

Also it's no longer the worlds fastest production car, time to jump off the wagon
hennessey-venon-gt-nasa-650x433-c.jpg

its actually a heavily modified Lotus Exige, which means it's not technically a production car and shouldn't qualify as one

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by Zodape, 25 February 2014 - 08:46 PM.

The front of the car is extremely hideous, specially that "nose". The front lights and tail lights are nothing special. The whole shape of the car is not ugly, but, same as the lights, nothing special.

So yeah, I don't really find anything nice about the design of the Veyron.

The Adder looks nicer, though, but it's still based off the fugly Veyron. Also, the roof; what the hell.

IMO

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Simple,  This 2009-bugatti-164-veyron-fbg-par-hermes-fCan't compare to this AgeraR_configurator-860x595.jpg

• Blingy and gorskiegangsta like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users