Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is it about the Bugatti exactly that makes it ugly?

125 replies to this topic
PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:42 AM

R8 is ugly too what is with the carbon fiber air intake? on the side if thats what its is? It says audi on it though so the fan boys love it

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

I'm not trying to do anything, I'm stating an observation.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Their body shapes are similar, along with the placements of their vents, but the Bugatti is rounder and smoother, while the R8 has abit more... edges, but the styling similarities are definitely there. Loving one and hating the other for aesthetics when they're not very far apart is silly, and the way you go about it is a bit childish.

I don't even have a Bugatti, I have an R8. I probably won't get one, ever. Maybe. I'm not being biased.

Pics or it's not true!!!

jk, a friend of mine got one for his birthday recently, he does very well, and has some special version of an EVO for a daily driver. I got to ride in it, very nice.

Fastest car I have been in on legal roads, is a Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor, and I was wide open at over 220kph for a long time. It was a rental, lol.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:47 AM

Hate to break the quote train, but I went to wearnes auto and saw a Bugatti Veyron Supersport on display beside a huayra and an R8 V10 Plus in the corner. The R8 looks a lot sharper than the Bugatti. One thing though, is that the Bugatti does have presence.

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

Secretly Ascended

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by einjzmolf, 25 February 2014 - 06:53 AM.

This is my main issue with it..

gta-online-tips-cheats-new-1-5-1.jpg

ctrl c + ctrl v + skew

I love the rear end. The Felon front end kills it for me. Seems lazy..
  • Argonaut likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

Stop. Just stop. Please.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:53 AM Edited by Muirenn, 25 February 2014 - 06:54 AM.

Stop. Just stop. Please.

I did, until you replied to me again.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Got these niggas going beserk.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

Everything

The first thing I thought when I read the topic title :p

blingdiablo
  • blingdiablo

Shiny Devil

• Members
  • Belize

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

I think it looks best in pink. 

Black w/ pink pearl. 

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Yeah, it's kind of ugly, but I like having it, because I got it pre-Cashpocalypse, and now that I have it, I don't have to spend my hard-grinded money to get one. In fact, I'd originally bought it with the intention to sell it for the money afterwards, but I thought, why not have the most expensive car in the game, full mods, it's not like I'm ever gonna spend money on something like that again...

In a way, it's actually grown on me... it's fun to beat the sh*t out of to within an inch of its life. Drive it like it's stolen, son. :D

gfen
  • gfen

gtaf butter bar

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

If we're opining on looks, the Adder's got it all over the Easymode XF.

The Entity is just a hideous mess of wings and vents and sh*t, its messy and the front window looks like something off a George Barris kitsch car. The Adder is a streamlined funny looking egg, but in the right colour it looks all business.

As for exposed engines, its a nasty fad and it needs to go away. In real life, and in this game.

I suspect alot of the hate revolves around the Chradder with dolla wheels of yesteryear. I see way more Entities than Adders these days, and they're all monstrously designed blobs of too bright colours and la cucharacha horns.

YMMV, naturally.

0_0.jpg

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

It is by no means an ugly car, in fact, it's very clean, very German, especially compared to the other supers. That being said, it isn't exactly as aggressive looking at other cars which isn't inherently bad, but you may have noticed little boys love them angular cars.

ctrl c + ctrl v + skew

Welcome to the real world of car design.

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Still looks better than the Entity

Officer Cop
  • Officer Cop

Always helpful

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Well the stripes of secondary color should be differend but nothing in this car ain't ugly IMO.

I know this is the internet and i should not have an opinion, sorry.

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

Secretly Ascended

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

It is by no means an ugly car, in fact, it's very clean, very German, especially compared to the other supers. That being said, it isn't exactly as aggressive looking at other cars which isn't inherently bad, but you may have noticed little boys love them angular cars.

ctrl c + ctrl v + skew

Welcome to the real world of car design.

Your point? It's a video game, they could have changed it up a little more than flipping the grill and switching a badge. They aren't even the same car make. I get that companies like lotus have used corolla taillights and such, but emulating a million dollar super car and slapping a 90,000 dollar sedan front end on it is just pathetic in my opinion. Easy out, and for that reason i'll never own one.

Cwinny24
  • Cwinny24

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Chrome.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

The reason the Adder is ugly is because of the car it's modeled after which everyone knows is the Buggati Veyron. The Veyron isn't meant to be beautiful, it's made by the VW group and they're notorious for making cars that look fairly plain. The engineering in their cars are incredibly well done but style is more of an afterthought. I suspect the looks of the veyron came about because of function rather than style which would be a very german thing to do.

VW made many other vehicles that you wouldn't know are extremely expensive cars. Look at the ultra luxurious Phaeton for example.

VW_Phaton_(2._Facelift)_%E2%80%93_Fronta

If you didn't know any better you might think that car is just the usual run of the mill sedan that VW makes like a passat or something. In actuality, this car shares more in common with a Bentley GT which is a very expensive vehicle. With horsepower in the range of 450 I believe it'd be a monster on the road but looks very unassuming.

This is a fairly consistent trend with vehicles made by VW (they own buggati, and I believe Bentley)

Thus the reason the buggati isn't exactly a piece of rolling art like an Aston Martin or a Ferrari might be.

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captive Soul

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

I think it looks best in pink. 

Black w/ pink pearl. 

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Yeah, it's kind of ugly, but I like having it, because I got it pre-Cashpocalypse, and now that I have it, I don't have to spend my hard-grinded money to get one. In fact, I'd originally bought it with the intention to sell it for the money afterwards, but I thought, why not have the most expensive car in the game, full mods, it's not like I'm ever gonna spend money on something like that again...

In a way, it's actually grown on me... it's fun to beat the sh*t out of to within an inch of its life. Drive it like it's stolen, son. :D

That's not ugly at all man, that's sweet!

gfen
  • gfen

gtaf butter bar

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Thus the reason the buggati isn't exactly a piece of rolling art like an Aston Martin or a Ferrari might be.

The front end of teh Veyron/Adder is reminiscent of the vintage Bugatti snout. They all have (had) that.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

The Bugatti's front end is atrocious, but the adder looks good and gets it right. 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 25 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

The back of the car I'm not really a fan of.

The front looks great, and if you don't think so, you have no taste and are blind.

0_0.jpg

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

The back of the car I'm not really a fan of.

The front looks great, and if you don't think so, you have no taste and are blind.

0_0.jpg

In comparrison to other supercars it isn't all that special.

ferrari-458-speciale-designboom04.jpg

I love the veyron, I think it's technically a very impressive acheivement but it doesn't quite achieve the beauty other manufacturers seem to achieve. (I had a hard time picking which angle was the best because the ferrari Speciale looks amazing from ALL angles. Not just from a specific angle like buggati's do.)

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Gangsta

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:11 PM

The Veyron is average. The Adder is ugly. The problem IMO are the differences between them. I think the same for some other cars too.

The Pontiac Firebird 1978 is great. The Phoenix is passable...

damonatch
  • damonatch

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

It looks like a turtle.

• Blingy likes this

Dalamo
  • Dalamo

Biased Power

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Dat Ferrari Italia, doe :O

(was it 402?)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

No it's a Ferrari Speciale. 

Looks a lot like the Carbonizzare I find.

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

I love the back of the adder, but I don't like the front. It looks just weird. The back is sexy, I love it

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

I like it personally, I think it's one of the better looking cars in the game.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Sexy is in the eye of beholder. To me it looks kinda chunky. The buggati looks that way because it has 7 intercoolers instead of the standard 1 a normal car would require. Apparently once you reach 400+ km's the engine tends to get a slight bit warm. If it wasn't for the intercoolers you'd be driving an oven and would probably roast yourself alive the first time you stepped on the gas.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:19 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 25 February 2014 - 06:19 PM.

No it's a Ferrari Speciale. 

Looks a lot like the Carbonizzare I find.

Looks nothing like a Carbo.  Carbo has the back of the Aston Martin Zagato :whuh:

Aston-Martin-V12-Zagato-4.jpg

Even has the same stock rims

• Dalamo likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:20 PM Edited by The Spook, 25 February 2014 - 06:21 PM.

The fact it is the most common vehicle in GTA:O....

This. Everybody and their mother drives one. Most are chrome, with $ wheels, and an asshole In the driver's seat.

When I first played Story Mode and saw Devin Weston driving one i'm like YEAH. HAVING ONE OF THOSE.

Then I joined online... Found out it was the trollmobile... and was like... yeahno.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users