Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else see different things than friends?

45 replies to this topic
Nipper
  • Nipper

/\-/\

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yes. That big orange ball thing on top of that kiosk up that mountain. You know the thing. Blow it off the roof then watch it roll for a while. Me and my friend saw it in very different places.

Me and a mate were fighting over that orange. The penny dropped pretty fast when we both thought the other was running away from the orange ownership battle.

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Yes. That big orange ball thing on top of that kiosk up that mountain. You know the thing. Blow it off the roof then watch it roll for a while. Me and my friend saw it in very different places.

Me and a mate were fighting over that orange. The penny dropped pretty fast when we both thought the other was running away from the orange ownership battle.

i've seen three guys with that avatar of yours,who's the boss

Nipper
  • Nipper

/\-/\

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Panic Attacker (Albeit spelled with some crazy artistic licensing)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

I remember chasing after a car that a mugger had stolen, from the middle of the city to the highway just up from Trevor's turn-off.. Anywho, after a good 10 minutes of trying to stop the car (for those who have tried to stop a mugger, you'd know it's damn near impossible without bullets), i finally get in a position to shoot him and end the chase..

Car looks good, few scratches...when the guy finds it, he's like "what thaaaaaaaaaaa fuuuuuuck, who did this to my f*cking car?!" over the mic. He brings it over to the airstrip, and i've never seen a car so dismantled, destroyed and just f*cked-up before...laughed so much when i saw it.

It may have hit a few power poles during the chase, but it is funny how it's normal to you but not for them.

Nicholas5
  • Nicholas5

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:25 AM Edited by Nicholas5, 26 February 2014 - 11:26 AM.

That's because things like damage state aren't synced up exactly between the players.  That's just like ragdolls.  When someone has died and fallen, their body will probably not be in the same position on all player's games.

It's the way pretty much all online games have worked.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

There is a lot of visual differences when it comes to what one player sees vs another...........I have two PS3s in my home, sometimes my Wife will join in while i am playing, with Both PS3 and TVs in the same room, I can easily look at the other TV and see whats happening........

• Car Damage is hardly ever the same
  • In Races i can be in the right hand lane on my screen, but look over to her TV and it shows me being in the Left hand lane or Center
  • On Missions i might hit a car head on, on her screen it can show just a slight door rub...or visa versa
  • In free roam while riding together she may see on thing while i see another when it comes to the severity of a crash or bump
  • In Free roam, I may hear a NPC tell me to go F my mother, but she hears them call me a cocksucker or the NPC may not appear at all for one of us
  • If one or the other of us is Spawning (leaving LSC or our Garage) one will see the other a few seconds apart........My Fav is the blank screen you sometimes get when walking out of the garage the screen goes blank and you are outside....the other player may watch as your garage door opens and you walk out

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

Panic Attacker (Albeit spelled with some crazy artistic licensing)

and what became of dannybohy?

Zenzic
  • Zenzic

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:20 PM Edited by Zenzic, 26 February 2014 - 12:20 PM.

These sync issues are game breaking sometimes. I played a mission with team mates few days ago. We both were in the vicinity of a package that needed to be picked up. Notifications and mini map icon told me the other guy had the package while in fact all players were waiting for me to make the delivery.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

I think it's caused by physics being done clientside

so your simulation might differ from other players due to lag and whatnot

car damage is one thing but if stuff starts to be in different places it can cause more serious problems

like an invisible container being in multiple locations at once

Lambo91
  • Lambo91

Vroom

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I plowed into her and apologized and was asked why I was apologizing.  I totally plowed into her, but she claims I never hit her. 

ok then.....

• Zwenkwiel likes this

Justin..
  • Justin..

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

I usually see NPC planes that friends can't see untill I crash into them and we blow up mid air for no reason to my friend. If that makes sense

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm not saying it's lag but it's lag.

That's how client side processing and server side prediction works. The client processes what happens in front of you however if there's a touch of lag what happens in front of you may not be what happened in front of them. thus the differences.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

I plowed into her and apologized and was asked why I was apologizing.  I totally plowed into her, but she claims I never hit her. 

ok then.....

how could I have missed such a beautiful innuendo 

best part is her not even noticing XD

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Its the difference between all players internet, some have top speed net, some mediocre and some poor poor internet, ive noticed it with a friend who has crap net, he keeps telling me i drive like an ass and im hitting everything, i told him no, i hardly hit anything and am a good driver, we argue, i invite him over to my place and prove i drive flawlessly.

many times we have driven around with crew members and i drive past him and he gets mad as he says im ramming him but on my screen im not, then our friends behind us confirm i never touched him, it does weird ass things man. but is is the internet issue between different players. 

Butterfly57
  • Butterfly57

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

I've noticed this quite a few times. My friend was commenting how smashed up the back of his car was yet to me the car looked in perfect condition, not even a small dent in it. My friend couldn't believe me, I had to take a picture to show him.

There have been numerous other times things like this have happened, and not just with car damage. Such as the time I got off my bike and threw away my helmet. My friend commented he was standing in it, yet to me it was miles away from him. Same with things like bumpers that had fallen off cars or the like. Completely invisible to anyone except the person that caused the damage.

Strange, and the cause of many disagreements, I'm sure!

JackyT
  • JackyT

Trouble Maker

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

I totally plowed into her

giggity-quagmire_212879.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users