Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else see different things than friends?

45 replies to this topic
danowar
  • danowar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by danowar, 25 February 2014 - 01:04 AM.

When I play with friends I will comment on how their smashed car looks or something like that and they say it just looks like a wrecked car.  Today we decided to take pictures.  The way I see my car is different to her and the way I see her car is different to me. 

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I was kinda shocked to see my car in the back looked like hers did with what she saw. 

I was racing down the highway too as she was running up to her car that the mechanic dropped off and I plowed into her and apologized and was asked why I was apologizing.  I totally plowed into her character, but she claims I never hit her. 

Has anyone else noticed anything like that? 

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

interesting

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

This is how you integrate yourself in society

Relations with different people and how to survive in modern world

Xyn
  • Xyn

緋色

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

That's probably to be expected, since the crash damages to the vehicles now seem to be more dynamic than before, where they were predetermined to break in certain areas.
Interesting nonetheless though.

It makes me wonder just how many things can be like this as well...perhaps the radio stations aren't playing the same songs as well?

• danowar likes this

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Veritas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

I missed someone's car one time by like 5 feet and he got all mad at me for hitting him.

• danowar likes this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

It was the same with GTA IV.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

There are three things I've noticed that don't sink up exactly.

1) The time. I've been interested in how well the game syncs since launch and the time can be anywhere from an hour or two off to only a couple minutes.

2) Bullet holes.

3) Car damage.

Both 2 and 3 can be "synced" if all players view such things witnessed them happen (i.e. your looking at me shoot something or your in the car when I crash it).

• SCS_Skreamies and danowar like this

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

I was once standing on the side of the road kicking a dumpster (don't know why) when my friend came up out of the nearby LSC, and just started cracking up, wondering why I was kicking the air. Eventually, I kicked the dumpster out into the road, and an AI car smashed into it, sending it tumbling down the road, and finally the dumpster despawned and reappeared in its original spot, where he then saw it.

• danowar likes this

danowar
  • danowar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

That's probably to be expected, since the crash damages to the vehicles now seem to be more dynamic than before, where they were predetermined to break in certain areas.

It makes me wonder just how many things can be like this as well...perhaps the radio stations aren't playing the same songs as well?

When in a car together I know they hear the same radio stations you do.  I'm going to try things with that though tonight.  I want to see if if they are timed at the same spots.  For instance, when I hear Steve Winwood are they hearing Steve Winwood as well? 

• Xyn likes this

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Once I got into a bad wreck going top speed through the mountains. My hood flew off through the air very far away. We kept crashing over and over and eventually stopped way down the road. The hood of the car was laying a few feet away. I was like holy s**t thats where it went! My friend said "where?" "I dont see it". Apparently it does not keep everything in the same instance. I guess some things have to be dumped from the memory or not included at all due to old gen's limitations. Hopefully PC(if it ever comes out) fixes these issues with syncing.

Most likely the same reason textures and skins dont load properly all the time. Another reason why I think they limit how fast we drive even in the best cars.

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

H.B.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

it seems the damage to characters doesn't stick for others either. like i'll be all f*cked up and bloody and my friends see my character totally clean and normal. tattoos are another thing, they show up blurry for other players.

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

it seems the damage to characters doesn't stick for others either. like i'll be all f*cked up and bloody and my friends see my character totally clean and normal. tattoos are another thing, they show up blurry for other players.

Sometimes they do. I have seen it where it does show normally. Though that seems limited to missions. It kind of makes the tattoos pointless. Well, its not like you have a ton of options to be creative. Still it would be nice for people to see what designs you do have. At least your friends.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

I am guessing that instead of loading the damage from your game, the game creates a preset damage type and uses that online so it will take up less rendering time.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

yep i notice that a couple weeks ago when me and my bro were playing at home...

i commented on how wrecked his car was and on his game the car had only a scratch.

same with bullet wounds, i can be all bloody on my screen but on his screen i appear clean or nit as messy.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

I think that depends of your/their internet.

You could drive flawlessly, but because of the connection your friends might see your car sliding/teleporting around like crazy and crashing into stuff, even if you did not crash a single time.

Or it's because of the server sync. I remember playing NFS World, bad sync. No, terrible sync. Cars sliding around back and forth, from side to side. Pure madness.

• G0nx4 likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

I was playingva round of golf with a mate and part way round I had just teed off and he said 'awesome, I love playing in the rain'. I still had blue sky but it turned to rain for me once we reached the next hole.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Once I was playing and it was a different time of day (for me it was night, for friend it was day) and different cars were spawning in front of us. Invite only session back in early January. I wouldn't have believed it if we weren't both playing together online but IRL in the same room on different TVs.

I blame Rockstar's general and complete incompetence.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

The biggest problem I have is running down an enemy player, on my screen they'd be a red smear on my hood. On thier screen I missed completely and they blew my head off.

Bullet lag still registers hits, car lag does not... FREAKIN WEAK SAUCE.
  • Flexx likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

go to Prison Thugz and experiment

• Cincy32 likes this

G0nx4
  • G0nx4

Shrek

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:26 AM

The radio is synced, I tested it with my friend

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

My friend IRL just bought an Entity and he had taken it into LSC and I decided to get my Entity out and show him. He eventually came out and I told him to look at my car and he said he couldn't see me. I crashed into him and he said he didn't get hit. I'd park right in front of him and he couldn't see me. I sent him a picture on Facebook and he sent one to me I'll see if I can dig them out.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

Sometimes when I'm driving with friends they'll see me hitting a pole or wall every now and then when on my screen I'm not hitting anything and my car is just fine.

Odyseous2040
  • Odyseous2040

Odyseous2040

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:07 AM

It may be a cross between the game loading your instance of gta online, and you get flashes of their instance, ive noticed that for days now. I see a different screen tgan my gf does, even though its the SAME thing, theyre two different consoles entirely. And with lag, the game gets snagged on something when spawning the environment every few blocks. Thats alot of software mechanics going on. Not surprising. My fix : Drive seperate cars, than everyone has a smoother gameplay expierience.

danowar
  • danowar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

The best so far is me complaining about rain and the other play insisting that is was an incredibly sunny day in the game.  Thankfully, I am not the only one that experiences that. 

Yesterday I smashed two cars all up and each time I had the other player as a passenger.  Our cars didn't look that different to us.  As long as the other player sees the wreck it seems to me that the cars will look the same and if they don't see the car being damaged they are presented with a default crash-look for the cars. 

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Every game is like this

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

PS3 Stronk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

This happens all the time. Sometimes it's pretty funny to see "f**ked up" cars. Also a major thing: ragdolls. These are hard to sync, but sometimes people can appear to for example, lay on a plane, while their own view shows them stuck below it.

So yesterday, I was pushing my AFK friend away carefully with my car and you could see the ragdolls were far from flawless.

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

You drive fast without collisions but your friend sees you driving fast & crashing into other cars. Since you didn't crash, obviously there's no scratches however your friend sees them.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

Every game is like this

Wrong. GTA San Andreas was not like this.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Yep, radio stations are synced. Some guy was blaring his tv into his kinect and the same song was playing in my game as well. Thought that was pretty neat.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Bellicose Tyrant

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yes. That big orange ball thing on top of that kiosk up that mountain. You know the thing. Blow it off the roof then watch it roll for a while. Me and my friend saw it in very different places.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users