Quantcast

» «
Photo

British politics - "public school twittishness"?

10 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-26238837

Been contemplating bringing this up for a few days now, so here it is.

So it appears the Leprechaun of Westminster feels Prime Minister's Questions is portraying a negative image of British democracy to the public with its weekly midday reality food-fight show, and has written to each of the party's wealthiest narcissist's elected leaders in a request to tone down their brash throwing arm's. How exactly am I supposed to replace my wednesday lunch break entertainment with such a proposal?

*thread basically created to get the views and opinions of GTAF's non-Brit members on British parliament*

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

I think it certainly does alienate the general public but only because politicians as a whole are so unpopular in this country. Seeing this weekly sh*tfest, where the The honourable Smug Prick from Milton Keynes asks the equally smug PM what he intends to do about propsals for an A road which may disturb a bird sanctuary is hardly the relatable face of British Politics. Pretty much any time a politician is on our screens the public feel rage and disdain, this is made all the worse when they're jeering at each other and waving paper around like they're at a particularly unappealing strip show.

However, despite this hatred, PMs questions should not be reformed. Political careers have been made and destroyed by performances during PMs questions and the pressured, ale-house atmosphere is a good place for politicians to be called to account and where the truth of certain policies can be uncovered once the sound bites and carefully worded press-release guff has been blown away by a veritable tornado of hot air.

Mr. Bercrow is wrong if he thinks this will improve parliaments image. Parliament is already so far removed from the experience of the average British voter that no amount of civilised weekly debate will bring it back. Let them jeer and guffaw and wave all they want, at least when the pressure is really on we can learn something about our elected leader's character, and perhaps, just maybe, they may learn something too.
  • Failure, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and RiaJay21 like this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

I just have to say, British politics remind of Wild n' Out where the best 'diss' gets everyone to yell and scream. 

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

I don't see the point in complaining about something that has no real functional purpose in the first place.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Bouton-Biodome-parrot.jpg

"I intend to do what is best for hard-working British families."

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

They should have a silly hat day. 

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Lend me 10 and I'll buy you a drink.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

All I could think of when I watched that video:

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

Ok, who have the funnier name: Ed Balls or Tony Wiener? 

Melchior
  • Melchior

human right and human gain

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:50 AM

How do you even make it into the public arena with a name like "Ed Balls?" Especially in England, where everyone blushes and giggles whenever naughty bits are mentioned. 

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

How do you even make it into the public arena with a name like "Ed Balls?" Especially in England, where everyone blushes and giggles whenever naughty bits are mentioned. 

School must have been tough so he became hell-bent on becoming a politician to get back all those who laughed at him.

Did you guys see when he tweeted his own name when was partaking in some self-indulgent searching? 

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:28 PM Edited by Brobinski, 05 March 2014 - 02:28 PM.

Note to foreigners: "Public school" is the exact opposite of what you think it is here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users