The hate on cash cards...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
360 replies to this topic
Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:16 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:18 AM.

Actually, the hate for cash cards is painfully obvious:

R* ruined GTA Online to get you to buy them. If you buy them, you are willingly submitting yourself as R*'s pawn.

Yeah making it so that you can start missions that give good payouts from the start menu and adding new content along with steady fixes sure did ruin GTAO.

It was so perfect the first few months with the constant server crashes, the cloud issues, people losing their characters, cheaters pretty much everywhere.  Ah man things sure were great before Rockstar decided to "ruin" them!

Allow me to put this in a way that your undeveloped brain might possibly be able to understand:

R* promised "Free DLC" throughout GTA Online, but banked that "Free DLC" entirely on cash card sales. When those underpreformed due to money glitches/exploits, R* decided to punish legit players by nerfing the sh*t out of payouts while still keeping everything the same ridiculous price since day one. Instead of actually trying to fix all those gamebreaking issues right away, they were more concerned about the sales of their precious cash cards. The fact that they introduced a brand new "Whale Shark Card" before anything that would actually add to the game such as HEISTS should be an immediate indicator of this. 

You do realize the billing team isn't the same employees that deal with live fixes and content updates right?  I really hope you can understand this the 100th time I've said this to you, honestly how much more of a naive crybaby can you be, it's like you're constantly PMSing about cash cards.

And the effort and time that goes into adding a new cash card is literally nothing in comparison to the time and effort that they have to spend to research issues, go over patches and work on the release plan for those patches.  And they have given the free DLCs that they originally promised aside from heists, plus another one that they didn't mention on online's release.

I'm just going to label you a lost cause, because trying to make you see the glaringly obvious is like trying to convince a brick wall to do the same.

I'm just going to label you an ignorant moron, because you have no substance to add to your constant bitching and crying, it's the same naive bullsh*t every time, you have no clue what you're talking about and it becomes more and more obvious every argument, instead of making coherent replies to counter-arguments towards your bitching you give backpedal responses like the above.

And payouts are just fine, spend more time playing the game instead of crying on here.

Wow, you have R*'s dick so high up your ass that I'm surprised that you even have the energy to post sh*t like that.

R* went out of their way to punish legit players like me because they made a broken ass game. The last straw was when R* decided that a bunch of harmless vehicles should be removed (stolen) for no good reason, never mind that players spent thousands of their legitimately earned dollars to get it, and possibly done using real money with their precious cash cards.

And again you completely dodge the previous counter argument towards your naive comments.  Well done.

And lol they didn't punish legit players in any way, you sound like the biggest baby I've ever seen on these forums.  They made this game so easy for legit players in the beginning, with ridiculous payouts, replay functions, and very very easy missions.  And they put back the ratloaders for everyone and even practically gave us the money back that we invested in them by making the modifications free.  Plus you can start NPC missions through the start menu that give 18k+ payouts while taking like ~5minutes to complete with friends, how much easier do you need this game to be honestly.

I don't exactly see what's "broken" about this game, why don't you try elaborating for once?

• Xyn likes this

humanekonvict1985
  • humanekonvict1985

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Pure and simple. Because the people of today will complain about ANYTHING.
Give someone a gold bar and he will complain its too heavy. Give him a wheelbarrow full and he'll complain he's gotta carry it himself.
Entitlement syndrome. Its beyond atrocious.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

I'll never buy a cash card but if others want to and end up making content free for me then I don't mind.  Although I'm not to impressed with the dlc so far anyway.  

I just want to see the lower payout missions raised.  If Coveted is $18000 and RR likewise, which i find fair, why not raise the lower payout missions to an equal amount.  The rest of the missions are equally difficult if not more so than Coveted and it would encourage players to try other missions like R* keeps saying they are trying to do.  

It is still a grind to make money even farming Coveted and RR this would break up the monotony and I find that when I don't have to worry as much about making money I enjoy the game more.

• EarthboundMysfit likes this

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

You seem to have some kind of bad memory. For the first few months, GTA V was pretty much the only game out there that progressively got worse with each patch, not better. 

Care to elaborate?
It's easy to make claims of any sort and not back them up.

And BTW, they didn't get worse; server stability & character fixes are hardly "worsening" the game. What got worse was the cheating. People went from farming to glitching to hacking.

Also, WTF does that have to do with anything I said? You did not rebut a single thing I said, instead you eluded my post completely & side-stepped to an entirely different topic in an effort to seem "smart".

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:19 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:20 AM.

You seem to have some kind of bad memory. For the first few months, GTA V was pretty much the only game out there that progressively got worse with each patch, not better. 

Care to elaborate?
It's easy to make claims of any sort and not back them up.

And BTW, they didn't get worse; server stability & character fixes are hardly "worsening" the game. What got worse was the cheating. People went from farming to glitching to hacking.

Also, WTF does that have to do with anything I said? You did not rebut a single thing I said, instead you eluded my post completely & side-stepped to an entirely different topic in an effort to seem "smart".

Something to learn about this whiny kid is that he will literally never give a coherent reply to a counter-argument, he'll just call you a "fanboy" and make some dick joke like a naive 15 year old.

Careful though Rockstar is a monster company and we're just all their pawns, I also heard they kill babies and are illuminati.

• Xyn and Coin like this

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

Broke people hate on people with money. It's plenty obvious.

If you don't like cash cards don't buy them, simple as that.

It's not as if there is anything that can only be obtained through real money transaction anyway. Everything can be acquired by just playing the game.

Giggidy
  • Giggidy

Shut yo jibba jabba

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

guys, if you like a game you buy dlc!

how many of you bougth map packs for cod/battlefield...

if you think about it its actually quite cool that R* have given you the option to grind if you dont want to purchase cash cards.  they could turn around and release the ultimate car but only available with a code but they dont they put the car into the game for a high price....if you like the car you will either purchase cash cards or GRIND for them.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

guys, if you like a game you buy dlc!

how many of you bougth map packs for cod/battlefield...

This is a really good point, if you really like a game you'll buy the DLC to experience more/new aspects of it.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

Odesza, I swear..you get dumber with every post....

The team in charge of cash cards is certainly not the team that makes new content.

You talk like R* is a charity, They're a business, A business that makes money,

That money pays their employees.

It's like you just replied to the wrong person, or didn't even pay attention to anything they've previously said.

Right....because i don't agree, I didn't pay attention....

Because you know...f*ck logic right?

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:32 AM.

The team in charge of cash cards is certainly not the team that makes new content.

It's like you just replied to the wrong person, or didn't even pay attention to anything they've previously said.

It's gonna be awhile before people realize you posted the exact same thing I've posted in this thread.

Also I'm willing to bet that if someone did some sort of study it would indeed show that after reading certain posts/threads on these forums users are in fact getting dumber as time goes on.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

It's gonna be awhile before people realize you posted the exact same thing I've posted in this thread.

Also I'm willing to bet that if someone did some sort of study it would indeed show that after reading certain posts/threads on these forums users are in fact getting dumber as time goes on.

I doubt that, Really...All I see you do is praise R*, Given they deserve a bit of praise..You act like a lawyer or something...and that's where my paitence runs short

And do show me how i've posted the same thing.......

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:35 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:36 AM.

I doubt that, Really...All I see you do is praise R*, Given they deserve a bit of praise..You act like a lawyer or something...and that's where my paitence runs short

I've made those 3 points almost word for word previously on these forums 2 of them in this exact thread if I remember correctly.  Also my first post ever on these forums is a thread I made where I was asking for help from these forums because I received no help from Rockstar other than auto-replies regarding a pretty annoying issue with the cloud servers.  I wish I could give more examples of arguments I've given regarding how poorly Rockstar handles some situations and how they could have handled them better (these opinions/statements are based off personal experience of working within an MMO company previously) but I'd rather not go through all my posts to find them, do believe that those posts exist though.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

I've made those 3 points almost word for word previously on these forums 2 of them in this exact thread if I remember correctly.  Also my first post ever on these forums is a thread I made where I was asking for help from these forums because I received no help from Rockstar other than auto-replies regarding a pretty annoying issue with the cloud servers.  I wish I could give more examples of arguments I've given regarding how poorly Rockstar handles some situations and how they could have handled them better (these opinions/statements are based off personal experience of working within an MMO company previously) but I'd rather not go through all my posts to find them, do believe that those posts exist though.

I'm still not seeing how it's the same thing but it very well could be...but I'm not seeing it, Sorry

and Yes, I agree, Cloud servers are terrible.

And I'll take your word for it on the other posts, But it seems like the majority of your posts are calling people children or telling them to stop whining...

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

I don't get the hate. Don't like them, don't buy them. Simple as that. I don't like or care for them so i don't use them

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:43 AM

Allow me to put this in a way that your undeveloped brain might possibly be able to understand:

It was so perfect the first few months with the constant server crashes, the cloud issues, people losing their characters, cheaters pretty much everywhere.  Ah man things sure were great before Rockstar decided to "ruin" them!

R* promised "Free DLC" throughout GTA Online, but banked that "Free DLC" entirely on cash card sales. When those underpreformed due to money glitches/exploits, R* decided to punish legit players by nerfing the sh*t out of payouts while still keeping everything the same ridiculous price since day one. Instead of actually trying to fix all those gamebreaking issues right away, they were more concerned about the sales of their precious cash cards. The fact that they introduced a brand new "Whale Shark Card" before anything that would actually add to the game such as HEISTS should be an immediate indicator of this. 

You do realize the billing team isn't the same employees that deal with live fixes and content updates right?  I really hope you can understand this the 100th time I've said this to you, honestly how much more of a naive crybaby can you be, it's like you're constantly PMSing about cash cards.

And the effort and time that goes into adding a new cash card is literally nothing in comparison to the time and effort that they have to spend to research issues, go over patches and work on the release plan for those patches.  And they have given the free DLCs that they originally promised aside from heists, plus another one that they didn't mention on online's release.

I'm just going to label you a lost cause, because trying to make you see the glaringly obvious is like trying to convince a brick wall to do the same.

I'm just going to label you an ignorant moron, because you have no substance to add to your constant bitching and crying, it's the same naive bullsh*t every time, you have no clue what you're talking about and it becomes more and more obvious every argument, instead of making coherent replies to counter-arguments towards your bitching you give backpedal responses like the above.

And payouts are just fine, spend more time playing the game instead of crying on here.

Wow, you have R*'s dick so high up your ass that I'm surprised that you even have the energy to post sh*t like that.

R* went out of their way to punish legit players like me because they made a broken ass game. The last straw was when R* decided that a bunch of harmless vehicles should be removed (stolen) for no good reason, never mind that players spent thousands of their legitimately earned dollars to get it, and possibly done using real money with their precious cash cards.

And again you completely dodge the previous counter argument towards your naive comments.  Well done.

And lol they didn't punish legit players in any way, you sound like the biggest baby I've ever seen on these forums.  They made this game so easy for legit players in the beginning, with ridiculous payouts, replay functions, and very very easy missions.  And they put back the ratloaders for everyone and even practically gave us the money back that we invested in them by making the modifications free.  Plus you can start NPC missions through the start menu that give 18k+ payouts while taking like ~5minutes to complete with friends, how much easier do you need this game to be honestly.

I don't exactly see what's "broken" about this game, why don't you try elaborating for once?

I should have always kept my Rat-Loader to begin with, it should never have been taken away from me because R* was too stupid to notice that it was a f*cking utility vehicle.

Let's take a trip down memory lane...

*snip

I don't know the process that would go into setting up that kind of server and neither do you, so let's not even start.  The game is better this way because it will take people longer to unlock and earn things thus making players want to play the game more so they can work more towards the things they want only making that goal more worth it when they reach it, I know that all people won't get that feeling (the greedy children I was talking about) but still it's a good model for a long lasting online RPG and one that a lot of games use.

Hahahahahahahahahaaa....

haaahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa

No.

Hardly.  People don't come to grand theft auto for a f*cking grind fest.  I sure as f*ck didn't.  I came to this game release day hoping for GTA.  Then when online was released, the payouts were healthy, the missions were being completed, playing with friends was enjoyable...

then came the nerfs......the nerf nation attacked furiously....Now everything is the same ridiculous price online as it was release day, but they decided to cut profits we make not once, but twice.  The first being all missions are cut down if you have ever played them before, then afterwards, you only get half of what you originally received.

Your logic is so opaque you couldn't see the sun through it on summer solstice.  People do not play this game to grind for weeks to afford something cool.  I don't know about you, but normal people do that in real life, so why the f*ck would they want that logic in a game that is supposed to be a source of escape and entertainment?  People do not want Real Life profit simulator 2013, they want grand theft auto, where you steal sh*t, shoot bitches, and get shot in the process.

I don't enjoy the game being hacked to death, but I cannot help not feeling sorry for Rockstar about it.  Half finished product, coupled with rocky online release, coupled with more patches in the first 3 months than most games get in their entire existence, and they STILL cannot solve game breaking issues for people.  But yet they can nerf the sh*t out of payouts, stop you from replaying missions, and make your game a PITA to play.

The game is stale right now.  I've played it to death, I still occasionally jump on to play with friends, played a little while ago to experience the "snow" gimmick that exists until the 5th of January.

This game needs far more than Heists to be saved.

You will never convince me that somehow this game cost 250 million to make and took 5 years. And this is the product we get.

But I'm sure the trolls who call everyone "entitled children" will be here shortly.  As paying customers, we are all entitled to a working product, not a half broken buggy beta for 60 bucks.

I mean jesus f*ck, if I wanted to play a game to grind for sh*t, there are far superior games to this. I want to play GTA to pull crazy sh*t, not be irritated because my in game character is just as broke as real life me.

Dяno
  • Dяno

Pika

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

Haha cash cards.... yeah I've been hating on them since the beginning. They f*cking suck, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. 

• NightSpectre and SonofLosSantos like this

Barrago
  • Barrago

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:45 AM Edited by Barrago, 25 February 2014 - 02:45 AM.

The more micro-transaction BS is supported, the less likely it is to go away. As for R* themselves, they made a billion dollars on GTAV. A billion dollars. Running the online mode until GTAVI and developing GTAVI in itself won't cost more than half of that. The only company I can think of that wouldn't be tickled pink to make a billion dollars off a single game is EA. R* is milking it, plain and simple, and that's terrible.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

I buy cash cards.

giphy.gif

Haters gonna hate.

I also buy cash cards.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

Haters definitely gonna hate.

Cool, nice job wasting your money. It would have been better spent as toilet paper.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:50 AM.

I'm still not seeing how it's the same thing but it very well could be...but I'm not seeing it, Sorry

And I'll take your word for it on the other posts, But it seems like the majority of your posts are calling people children or telling them to stop whining...

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064823047

That post for example points out the same things you did, that they use the money to put it towards server costs and paying employees for new content.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064823607

That post points out how the billing team  (most likely the same team that deals with cash cards) is not the same as the live development/content team.

And trust me I'd love if there was a thread that was logically and intelligently pointing out the issues with this game and how they could be approached or fixed, but there isn't that on this forum, at least not in this section.  Let's not kid ourselves the majority of posters are naive dumb people like this Nightspectre kid, who don't know the first thing about what they're talking about yet argue like they do.

• Yogogamer likes this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

No hate on it from me. You're just an idiot to spend your real money on virtual money.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:50 AM

Whoever buys fake money needs a life
  • Dяno likes this

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:52 AM

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064823047

That post for example points out the same things you did, that they use the money to put it towards server costs and paying employees for new content.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064823607

That post points out how the billing team  (most likely the same team that deals with cash cards) is not the same as the live development/content team.

Okay, sure, I can see that. 

But the way you posted it seemed sarcastic, My bad

While  I said it like an asshole, What I'm trying to say is that while I'm not against cash cards necessarily (Though I do believe it's an odd choice to allow certain players to gain an upper hand because they pay more..). It seems harsh to try and silence those who do, Just my 200 cent.....

(And for the record, I used to think you were a pretty good user, Maybe even one of the best, But then....)

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:53 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:57 AM.

Whoever buys fake money needs a life

Pretty sure they have a life if they can afford to spend money on a game.

hurrrrrrrrr

While  I said it like an asshole, What I'm trying to say is that while I'm not against cash cards necessarily (Though I do believe it's an odd choice to allow certain players to gain an upper hand because they pay more..). It seems harsh to try and silence those who do, Just my 200 cent.....

(And for the record, I used to think you were a pretty good user, Maybe even one of the best, But then....)

The content of this section really went downhill, as have my posts as a result.  Hard to make any good posts when it's just a section filled with naive whiners.

Also the cash cards don't really give an upper hand in the same sense that people might think, for lower players it gives almost no upper hand, you still need to unlock the mods and weapons just like everyone else, granted you can buy a bunch of ammo with no effort, by the time the other players unlocked everything without purchasing cash cards (through missions, dms, etc) they would probably have enough to buy practically unlimited ammo as well.

• Yogogamer likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

It's simple: they can't afford the cash cards, they NEED the cash cards, and since complaining is free, they do that instead.

• Xyn and Sushi__Wolf like this

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

The content of this section really went downhill.

I think we can both agree on that lol

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

In case you missed the edit:

The cash cards don't really give an upper hand in the same sense that people might think, for lower players it gives almost no upper hand, you still need to unlock the mods and weapons just like everyone else, granted you can buy a bunch of ammo with no effort, by the time the other players unlocked everything without purchasing cash cards (through missions, dms, etc) they would probably have enough to buy practically unlimited ammo as well.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

In case you missed the edit:

The cash cards don't really give an upper hand in the same sense that people might think, for lower players it gives almost no upper hand, you still need to unlock the mods and weapons just like everyone else, granted you can buy a bunch of ammo with no effort, by the time the other players unlocked everything without purchasing cash cards (through missions, dms, etc) they would probably have enough to buy practically unlimited ammo as well.

That's what I meant.

In terns of buying weapons etc. Yeah, That's pretty balanced

But then you'll get the people who buy them to circumvent insurance and cruise in a tank andor rise above via having more ammo than other players.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Nice job sidestepping my response there, Odesza you hypocrite.

I could use my money for cash cards any time I want, but as I said it would be better used for toilet paper.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:07 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 03:07 AM.

I could use my money for cash cards any time I want, but as I said it would be better used for toilet paper.

I'm giving you the same respect you showed towards myself and Xyn when you completely avoid our counter-points.

Even in the post you claim I'm "sidestepping" you nitpicked my post and completely disregarded the counter argument towards the bulk of your complaint.  And I stand by the comment I made in the post you quoted, it's a very successful business model and one that practically every game uses, so what is there for me to even reply about?

Grow up child.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

I'm giving you the same respect you showed towards myself and Xyn when you completely avoid our counter-points.

Even in the post you claim I'm "sidestepping" you nitpicked my post and completely disregarded the counter argument towards the bulk of your complaint.  And I stand by the comment I made in the post you quoted, it's a very successful business model and one that practically every game uses, so what is there for me to even reply about?

Grow up child.

No, I actually responded to your piece of sh*t that was your argument. That post owned you then just like it does now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users