• This topic is locked This topic is locked
360 replies to this topic
Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

a way of a company making money for nothing, EA seem to be masters of it.

its terrible imo, kills any point of the game.

Yeah money that goes towards paying server costs to keep online going and money that goes towards paying employees to work on new content sure does kill the game.

• Xyn, darkwar854, iFight and 1 other like this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:38 AM Edited by Sushi__Wolf, 25 February 2014 - 12:39 AM.

Because most of the people on here that cheat to get 100m+ so they can call people peasants on a game, don't actually have $20 irl.

^^^^^ this this!

I don't have any hate for cash cards. If someone wants to spend $60 to buy a game, and then another fifty so they don't actually have to play it, good for them.

Though, I suppose they could have just given a hundred bucks to charity instead.

charity didn't put.all the best cars in the game in my apartments garage let alone my buzzard, thank you whale shark cards I love you :-*
  • Xyn likes this

Purple_Eclipse
  • Purple_Eclipse

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Another thread about cash cards?

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Actually, the hate for cash cards is painfully obvious:

R* ruined GTA Online to get you to buy them. If you buy them, you are willingly submitting yourself as R*'s pawn.

• theGTAking101 and Dяno like this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

R* ruined GTA Online to get you to buy them. If you buy them, you are willingly submitting yourself as R*'s pawn.

yea? You just keep driving your sentinel and derping to yourself, I'll see ya in my high ends blowing your doors off boyeee

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 12:44 AM.

Yeah making it so that you can start missions that give good payouts from the start menu and adding new content along with steady fixes sure did ruin GTAO.

It was so perfect the first few months with the constant server crashes, the cloud issues, people losing their characters, cheaters pretty much everywhere.  Ah man things sure were great before Rockstar decided to "ruin" them!

• Coin. likes this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by Muirenn, 25 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Yeah money that goes towards paying server costs to keep online going and money that goes towards paying employees to work on new content sure does kill the game.

EA is a terrible example, too. They milk their games. Online Passes to play online if, god forbid, you got the game used. Low quality, expensive DLC out the wazoo and dozens of shortcut kits. That is the very pinnacle of doing Microtransactions wrong.

Now, Cash Cards? Real money for virtual currency? That's standard. That's so standard that it's not even funny. That's the most very basic basis of Microtransactions.

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:49 AM Edited by Sushi__Wolf, 25 February 2014 - 12:51 AM.

Hey they are smart, people have the money to blow and they grab it up with in game shh t,,, wouldn't you or are you on some kind of moral high ground..... I enjoy having things others can't either cuz they choose not to buy them or can't afford them, either way I have sh they don't which makes it worth it to me, all I play is gta so.instead of buying some sht game I may not like I spend 50 bucks a pop on gtao

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

Cash cards = micro transaction
Micro-transactions are bought by fanboys and casuals.
These same people support EA and the practice of selling cut content.
Ingame money is only the beginning, soon they will be selling ingame clothing and other features which should already be in the game.

curious... why "should" these things already be in the game? elaborate?

danowar
  • danowar

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

I personally don't believe in spending real money for fake money, but apparently Rockstar has a lot of people who think differently than I do so huge props to them.

I hear the crap about how Rockstar is jamming them down our throats, but I don't see that.  I think I've been prompted twice like when I accidentally park next to a hooker and all of my cash is banked or I tried to buy a Sprunk with my money banked.  That's it.

Making money is easy in this game.  After level 70 you don't even have to try.  I think that's cool.  The people who complain about them most-likely aren't good at the game or spend it all on ammo in freemode and hate to go and earn it in other ways.  The fact that everything they've given us has been free means they aren't the greedy money-hungry bastards that people make them out to be. 

• Sushi__Wolf likes this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:54 AM Edited by Sushi__Wolf, 25 February 2014 - 12:55 AM.

Cash cards = micro transaction
Micro-transactions are bought by fanboys and casuals.
These same people support EA and the practice of selling cut content.
Ingame money is only the beginning, soon they will be selling ingame clothing and other features which should already be in the game.

shhhhh t yes please the more stuff I can have that others don't want to buy the better, can't wait for mansions I bet I'll need a whale shall card just to buy one hahaha, not cheap I'm sure they won't be,,, * buys more cash cards * ;-)

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

Yeah making it so that you can start missions that give good payouts from the start menu and adding new content along with steady fixes sure did ruin GTAO.

It was so perfect the first few months with the constant server crashes, the cloud issues, people losing their characters, cheaters pretty much everywhere.  Ah man things sure were great before Rockstar decided to "ruin" them!

Odesza, I swear..you get dumber with every post....

The team in charge of cash cards is certainly not the team that makes new content.

You talk like R* is a charity, They're a business, A business that makes money,

That money pays their employees.

• Odesza likes this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

The team in charge of cash cards is certainly not the team that makes new content.

It's like you just replied to the wrong person, or didn't even pay attention to anything they've previously said.

• Odesza and Coin. like this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Allow me to put this in a way that your undeveloped brain might possibly be able to understand:

R* promised "Free DLC" throughout GTA Online, but banked that "Free DLC" entirely on cash card sales. When those underpreformed due to money glitches/exploits, R* decided to punish legit players by nerfing the sh*t out of payouts while still keeping everything the same ridiculous price since day one. Instead of actually trying to fix all those gamebreaking issues right away, they were more concerned about the sales of their precious cash cards. The fact that they introduced a brand new "Whale Shark Card" before anything that would actually add to the game such as HEISTS should be an immediate indicator of this. 

• EarthboundMysfit and PSplayer like this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by Sushi__Wolf, 25 February 2014 - 01:00 AM.

bro I don't think you read into it I think she was being " ironic" id go back and read it again...... Derppppp.

damonatch
  • damonatch

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

The servers that time out again and again ,the same servers that will not let you join your friends for bloody hours at a time at the weekend.

How about the wankers fix the bread and butter of the game before asking for more money.

To be frank the silly basic problems that have  tormented so many players for so long is disgusting, how long is it now 4 or 5 months?

Has a single person got their money back regarding insurance related losses.

My brother lost his adder wrote a very nice letter to RS and they did nothing he saved and rebought an adder got it to the pay and spray did all the mods spent to much, the c*nt game sent him to buy cash cards.

When he went back not buying any cards the piece of sh*t game timed out.

He lost the mods and rock star kept his money.

Still no reply.

• Lazor Guns likes this

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

just my opinion, I don't agree with companys selling nothing for quite abit of money. its illegal for game items to be sold player to player, but companies who own the games put them up for sale.

• EarthboundMysfit likes this

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Hey they are smart... I have sh they don't which makes it worth it to me.

No, I'm smart. What exactly do you have, that i don't? All i play is GTA-O, too, yet i've never conceded/surrendered to buying in game cash. Doing just fine for myself. I support R* by buying their game, still playing the game months later and being an active member of the forums.

Why should i buy a $hark card again(don't give me that development/servers BS, because we all know smaller game companies do just fine releasing quality DLC packs with a sub-billion dollar budget: if you believed that you are R*s fool).

Your point is moot.

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

No, I'm smart. What exactly do you have, that i don't? All i play is GTA-O, too, yet i've never conceded/surrendered to buying in game cash. Doing just fine for myself. I support R* by buying their game, still playing the game months later and being an active member of the forums.

Why should i buy a $hark card again(don't give me that development/servers BS, because we all know smaller game companies do just fine releasing quality DLC packs with a sub-billion dollar budget: if you believed that you are R*s fool).

Your point is moot.
Hmm so how long did it take you to get ten super cars and a 300k apartment and buzzard helicopter? What a half a year? It took me 30 seconds bruh # winning#

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

Cash cards are great, some of us have jobs and are able to afford them easily. I personally work 12+ hours a day and rarely have a day off. I love playing GTA:O during my sparse time off. I don't have as much time as other people and I certainly don't want to waste it grinding missions. Why should I miss out on the expensive cars because I'm not able to spend hours grinding missions. I use cash cards so I dont have to worry about cash and can spend more time freeroaming with friends. Cash card haters make no sense. If someone has a job and is spending their own personal money that they worked for on something they enjoy then it is none of your business.

Not all of us want to waste time grinding missions or doing glitches.
  • Sushi__Wolf likes this

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

I buy cash cards.

giphy.gif

Haters gonna hate.

I also buy cash cards.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

Haters definitely gonna hate.

• (OO)SKYLINE(OO), UTownBlackJesus and Sushi__Wolf like this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

I buy cash cards.

giphy.gif

Haters gonna hate.

I also buy cash cards.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

Haters definitely gonna hate.
^^^^ LMFAOOOO O!

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Your point is moot.
Hmm so how long did it take you to get ten super cars and a 300k apartment and buzzard helicopter? What a half a year? It took me 30 seconds bruh # winning#retarded#
#dumbasfuk

Yeah, i had a sense of accomplishment when i had all those things pre-money gift, mid-December.

How is that sense of accomplishment coming for you(not well i imagine)? Did you even play/beat SP(doubt it). Have you even played all the missions in MP(most definitely not)?... The pay isn't that bad, ya know.

I'm sure i can legit earn your "whale card" by simply playing the game for one night, if not then two, for sure. Oh, I have patience, so if, lord forbid I have to earn something in game i want(example:Roosevelt)-this may come as a surprise to some in this thread- i play the game... and you can too.

I doubt you'll want to understand this, but: Play the freaking game.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:02 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:04 AM.

Allow me to put this in a way that your undeveloped brain might possibly be able to understand:

R* promised "Free DLC" throughout GTA Online, but banked that "Free DLC" entirely on cash card sales. When those underpreformed due to money glitches/exploits, R* decided to punish legit players by nerfing the sh*t out of payouts while still keeping everything the same ridiculous price since day one. Instead of actually trying to fix all those gamebreaking issues right away, they were more concerned about the sales of their precious cash cards. The fact that they introduced a brand new "Whale Shark Card" before anything that would actually add to the game such as HEISTS should be an immediate indicator of this. 

You do realize the billing team isn't the same employees that deal with live fixes and content updates right?  I really hope you can understand this the 100th time I've said this to you, honestly how much more of a naive crybaby can you be, it's like you're constantly PMSing about cash cards.

And the effort and time that goes into adding a new cash card is literally nothing in comparison to the time and effort that they have to spend to research issues, go over patches and work on the release plan for those patches.  And they have given the free DLCs that they originally promised aside from heists, plus another DLC that they didn't mention on online's release.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:03 AM

Free DLC is made entirely of Shark cards, eh?
I wonder what the BBDLC, Creator beta, Capture mode & VDMDLC are then?
INB4:

- ""n" DLC is crap"

That's entirely subjective, and even then...it's still DLC.

-""z" is stupid and plain sucks"

Same as the above.

- ""y" & "x" should have already been in the game"

Why? Because you state so? The only things that should be in the game are the essentials. The game runs fine without any of the DLC. The DLC us just that, extra content for you to download...and look at that, it's free.

$66 million is underperforming? Pfft...
Kid, the reason R* nerfed the payouts were because people were grinding/farming 1-2 activities and ignoring the rest. Not because they weren't selling cards. Hell, the cards weren't even in effect that early. Get your facts straight before you preach.

Lol, do you think gamebreaking issues can be fixed "right away"? They take a lot of man-hours to find, correct & prevent while not breaking anything else because, as their name says, they are game breaking issues.  Unless of course you are an accomplished programmer/coder who can prove me wrong by showing off your vast catalog of development experience....
Nay? Ok...

Even if, for the sake of the argument,  they were only concerned about Shark Card sales...why exactly is that a bad thing? They're a business, not your Godfather. They don't have to give you a damn thing after your initial purchase. Your $60 or whatever currency entitles you to everything on-disc, it does not turn you into a Take-Two shareholder for you to demand R* make new, free, professional content on a weekly basis. Where has there ever been such an occurrence that makes players believe R* owes them as much?

The "why" of the release of the whale shark card is not because they want to shove more of them down your face, it's there because there's obviously a demand for them. If no one was buying these cards the last thing you would do is make another of an even bigger amount.

C'mon, this is sophomore High School economy/business class level logic here...

And they didn't add them "before anything else", just look at all the updates they've made. You're moaning simply because you love to.

• Odesza and VirtCurve320 like this

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

You do realize the billing team isn't the same employees that deal with live fixes and content updates right?  I really hope you can understand this the 100th time I've said this to you, honestly how much more of a naive crybaby can you be, it's like you're constantly PMSing about cash cards.

And the effort and time that goes into adding a new cash card is literally nothing in comparison to the time and effort that they have to spend to research issues, go over patches and work on the release plan for those patches.  And they have given the free DLCs that they originally promised aside from heists, plus another one that they didn't mention on online's release.

I'm just going to label you a lost cause, because trying to make you see the glaringly obvious is like trying to convince a brick wall to do the same.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:07 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:08 AM.

And the effort and time that goes into adding a new cash card is literally nothing in comparison to the time and effort that they have to spend to research issues, go over patches and work on the release plan for those patches.  And they have given the free DLCs that they originally promised aside from heists, plus another one that they didn't mention on online's release.

I'm just going to label you a lost cause, because trying to make you see the glaringly obvious is like trying to convince a brick wall to do the same.

I'm just going to label you an ignorant moron, because you have no substance to add to your constant bitching and crying, it's the same naive bullsh*t every time, you have no clue what you're talking about and it becomes more and more obvious every argument, instead of making coherent replies to counter-arguments towards your bitching you give backpedal responses like the above.

And payouts are just fine, spend more time playing the game instead of crying on here.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

Free DLC is made entirely of Shark cards, eh?
I wonder what the BBDLC, Creator beta, Capture mode & VDMDLC are then?
INB4:

- ""n" DLC is crap"

That's entirely subjective, and even then...it's still DLC.

-""z" is stupid and plain sucks"

Same as the above.

- ""y" & "x" should have already been in the game"

Why? Because you state so? The only things that should be in the game are the essentials. The game runs fine without any of the DLC. The DLC us just that, extra content for you to download...and look at that, it's free.

$66 million is underperforming? Pfft...
Kid, the reason R* nerfed the payouts were because people were grinding/farming 1-2 activities and ignoring the rest. Not because they weren't selling cards. Hell, the cards weren't even in effect that early. Get your facts straight before you preach.

Lol, do you think gamebreaking issues can be fixed "right away"? They take a lot of man-hours to find, correct & prevent while not breaking anything else because, as their name says, they are game breaking issues.  Unless of course you are an accomplished programmer/coder who can prove me wrong by showing off your vast catalog of development experience....
Nay? Ok...

Even if, for the sake of the argument,  they were only concerned about Shark Card sales...why exactly is that a bad thing? They're a business, not your Godfather. They don't have to give you a damn thing after your initial purchase. Your $60 or whatever currency entitles you to everything on-disc, it does not turn you into a Take-Two shareholder for you to demand R* make new, free, professional content on a weekly basis. Where has there ever been such an occurrence that makes players believe R* owes them as much?

The "why" of the release of the whale shark card is not because they want to shove more of them down your face, it's there because there's obviously a demand for them. If no one was buying these cards the last thing you would do is make another of an even bigger amount.

C'mon, this is sophomore High School economy/business class level logic here...

And they didn't add them "before anything else", just look at all the updates they've made. You're moaning simply because you love to.

You seem to have some kind of bad memory. For the first few months, GTA V was pretty much the only game out there that progressively got worse with each patch, not better. 

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by Odesza, 25 February 2014 - 02:13 AM.

Except for the fact that most "patches" were hotfixes for issues, and overtime those issues were fixed and are now practically non-existent especially considering how widespread the lost characters/garages issue was.  Sounds like things are sure getting worse.

But again, you don't even know in even the smallest way what you're talking about or how gaming companies work or how development teams work, especially considering you think the billing team are the ones that add content to the game lmao.

Lazor Guns
  • Lazor Guns

One shot, one kill.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

I'm just going to label you an ignorant moron, because you have no substance to add to your constant bitching and crying, it's the same naive bullsh*t every time, you have no clue what you're talking about and it becomes more and more obvious every argument, instead of making coherent replies to counter-arguments towards your bitching you give backpedal responses like the above.

And payouts are just fine, spend more time playing the game instead of crying on here.

Wow, you have R*'s dick so high up your ass that I'm surprised that you even have the energy to post sh*t like that.

R* went out of their way to punish legit players like me because they made a broken ass game. The last straw was when R* decided that a bunch of harmless vehicles should be removed (stolen) for no good reason, never mind that players spent thousands of their legitimately earned dollars to get it, and possibly done using real money with their precious cash cards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users