The hate on cash cards...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
360 replies to this topic
Bozzah
  • Bozzah

outskills anyone

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:33 PM Edited by Bozzah, 24 February 2014 - 10:36 PM.

I don't see why people complain about them.

If someone can afford them and doesn't want to spend lots of time on farming, why shouldn't he buy them?

it keeps the online alive for each of us, think about that. 

You cannot say that Rockstar made so much money by breaking some records with the GTA V title. If they wouldn't have an income for GTA Online, their earned money would decrease, that would be pretty stupid IMO.

Why so much hate on the cash cards? I myself don't buy them since I have enough time to do some missions but there are some people who can only play like an hour per day, and they surely don't want to spend that hour on farming and I am happy that they buy them, because we have a free Online mode thanks to them. And be honest: the servers are WAAAAAYYYYYYY better than the ones of GTA IV, guess why.

I am sure you guys wouldn't go to a jewelry and say f*ck you to the jewelrer just because YOU don't want to buy let's say a golden watch because that would support something you don't like.

There are other people who are happy that the jewelery is there, and as long it doesn't cause any direct issues (not moral ones of course), you should keep your mouth shut and ignore it...

the "f*ck the system" attitude is quite annoying you know... I'm not a fanboy or whatsoever, I just wanted to start a discussion about something with my own opinion, and of course it isn't the first thread about it, but maybe it will enlighten some people.

• adamsowilliams, Kahkenbols, Sangers and 7 others like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Because most of the people on here that cheat to get 100m+ so they can call people peasants on a game, don't actually have $20 irl.

• hafftrak, customkingpimp, Pasternak and 20 others like this

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

BUSTED! Wannabe

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

I hope you know what your starting....

• ZeusMowat_278, theGTAking101, Themonsterhunter and 3 others like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

"Cash-cards only affect people who don't have the cash to buy them".

• CaliMeatWagon, Thr33X, Fallcreek and 2 others like this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

outskills anyone

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by Bozzah, 24 February 2014 - 10:50 PM.

I hope you know what your starting....

I'm realizing it slowly... should have seen this one coming :p

"Cash-cards only affect people who don't have the cash to buy them".

those who don't have cash to buy them obviously don't have a job, thus they have the time for grinding, I don't see a problem here :) And it's not that hard to get enough cash for some free roam rampage or a car....

hipster

yeah.... no

• BwBishop likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:45 PM Edited by Zodape, 24 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

Cash cards are fine as long as they don't mess up the payouts from jobs in order to force us to buy them.

High level jobs tend to give at least 20k, so it's perfectly fine for me.

• Black Rabbit, Odesza, Sangers and 2 others like this

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

I don't have any hate for cash cards. If someone wants to spend $60 to buy a game, and then another fifty so they don't actually have to play it, good for them.

Though, I suppose they could have just given a hundred bucks to charity instead.

• EarthboundMysfit, Sangers, CaliMeatWagon and 1 other like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

Cash cards are fine as long as they don't mess up the payouts from jobs in order to force us to buy them.

I dont have a problem with cash cards either but what jobs are you doing that pay over 20K?

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

LOL they made billions of the sales of the GTA V title and there still making billions of 12 yr old kids buying cash cards .. thats the hole point... from a buisness perspective cant you see the goodness ? kids these days make adults very very rich lol n there parents are good for doing it LOL kids under 15 these days have a brain of a f*cking peanut lol 

• darkwar854 likes this

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by EarthboundMysfit, 24 February 2014 - 11:00 PM.

How lazy would a company be if they realize they can earn million$$$ by simply programming a number?

Oh, right... i should not complain that my favorite game is being diluted as long as i have the option to buy in game money with real money.

You have me pinned down. -_-

P.S. it quite sad when you think of how dumb the average person is nowadays, what's worse is when you think that half of the people are even dumber than that!

P.s.s. You are encouraging a lazy(dumb, if you will) company to be even lazier(dumber, if you will) by supporting their stupidity(laziness, if you will), with your stupidity(laziness, if you will)!?...

Moral: Think outside of your own personal box for a second... Will we EVER see a decent DLC that we have to pay for(which i would support), if they make all the $ they need off frivolous $hark cards(which I'll never support). Quit buying insignificant BS, play the damn game, and wait for quality DLC.(oh and quit glitching, and get the GD game fixed/debugged)... I fully understand this is far too advanced for most of you pinkies to comprehend. Just ignore it, like i will you.

TL:DR - if you like the game and want to support its future, don't shove money in R*s careless pockets. Make them care about you(us).

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

I dont have a problem with cash cards either but what jobs are you doing that pay over 20K?

There was a job that required you to steal 3 -slowass- planes and deliver at least one to the other side of the map while you are being chased by buzzards. I got about 35k from it, if I remember correctly.

You would need at least two players or the mission is next to impossible to accomplish.

Then there was this other mission that required you to hack a garage door and steal two unmarked police vehicles. Pretty easy and good payout.

Then you have Coveted, doesn't pay over 20k but it's pretty damn easy.

Sadly, I don't remember the names of said jobs.

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

there is heaps jollyswag ... rooftop rumble . coverted .. what i do is after the mission when it goes to free roam i kill the players from the mission and you will steal 400-600 from them .. so 4 players you kill thats nearly 2k LOL it adds up to 20k in the end hahaha

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

They now allow you to farm and they allowed you to retain all the purchased items with the gifted money. What do you want more? I can't afford cash cards but I have no problems playing random activity to earn even though it's a bit slow.

Haters gonna hate.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by G37, 24 February 2014 - 11:11 PM.

It only becomes a problem when those that open up their wallets feel the need to become "self-entitled" and boast of their "accomplishments". It's not so much this game at all really but most other MMO's in general. Even then purchasing items that the game offers you can't exactly be frowned upon as you're supporting the game and getting something of some kind in return, more power to those people if they go that route, it's not for everyone for whatever reason.

It also only really becomes a problem (in other MMOs) when people "purchase" accounts, items, money from other players creating a massively distorted and pointless "economy" coupled with the idea of entitlement. It's similar to the idea of steroids in sports as an "unfair" advantage and is generally frowned upon as not going about things in a "pre-determined ethically correct way, or the right way".

Again neither of those really apply to THIS game as it's very much a SP title with the ability to interact with others and having no actual impact on them outside of Free Roam (no goal, no real "quest", no real objective). So if the option exists for them to purchase cash that supports the game, then good for them and an even more clever idea by the game itself.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Because they ruined the game.

• Woll Smoth, EarthboundMysfit and LilMcJohn like this

phunkism
  • phunkism

I'm a grill btw

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I think people hate haters of cash cards more than haters hate cashcards

• BwBishop likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

outskills anyone

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

LOL they made billions of the sales of the GTA V title and there still making billions of 12 yr old kids buying cash cards .. thats the hole point... from a buisness perspective cant you see the goodness ? kids these days make adults very very rich lol n there parents are good for doing it LOL kids under 15 these days have a brain of a f*cking peanut lol 

this is why this game is only for grown ups

• mrkush90, StewNorth and BwBishop like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

There was a job that required you to steal 3 -slowass- planes and deliver at least one to the other side of the map while you are being chased by buzzards. I got about 35k from it, if I remember correctly.

You would need at least two players or the mission is next to impossible to accomplish.

Then there was this other mission that required you to hack a garage door and steal two unmarked police vehicles. Pretty easy and good payout.

Then you have Coveted, doesn't pay over 20k but it's pretty damn easy.

Sadly, I don't remember the names of said jobs.

I think you mean Landing Gear and hack & dash. You normally only get 18.5K for hard on Landing Gear, sounds like you got the double pay out for doing the first time. I cant remember payout for Hack & Dash but I think its about 17K.  Was hoping there was some high paying missions, Id somehow missed 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

I think you mean Landing Gear and hack & dash. You normally only get 18.5K for hard on Landing Gear, sounds like you got the double pay out for doing the first time. I cant remember payout for Hack & Dash but I think its about 17K.  Was hoping there was some high paying missions, Id somehow missed 

Aye, I did both of them for the first time yesterday. f*ck me in the ass.

damonatch
  • damonatch

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

When the game first went online i loved it.

Even though most other players had custom cars when i did not i still loved it.

The race payouts were high so my odd hour here and there i could still upgrade my cars at the end of the night and I loved it.

The day the scumbag c*nts cut the race money all but one of my friends stopped playnig online.

No matter how hard I try to get into this game  every update does something that makes it less fun and more about making in game money by doing things you don't want to do.

So instead of buying cash cards I'm saving for the next gen xbox so I can find another game my friends and I can have FUN playing.

• Witchking Of Angmar, Woll Smoth, EarthboundMysfit and 3 others like this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:25 PM Edited by Flexx, 27 February 2014 - 12:12 AM.

I don't buy cash cards myself. Payouts are fair enough to me.

I think the only people who complain about cash cards are either broke adults or children who can't talk their parents into getting them one.

It gets pretty hilarious the lengths people go to avoid buying a card. Seems every patch someone post a topic titled "Cockstar won't get me! NEW UNLIMITED MONEY GLITCH". How about just enjoying the game? You'll make lots of money before you know it. Problem is with people like this, they want to own everything in GTA:O.. and fast.

• Odesza and prototypetom like this

TheRedRooster
  • TheRedRooster

National Pisswasser Champion

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

Iv prob spent thousands worth of cash cards in all the cash iv blown glitching, I dont mind cash cards, as long as its just the suckers buying them!

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

This forum bitches about everything. R* could have sold certain guns and cars only for cash, made a monthly fee to play or sold all dlcs for real money. These kids are too dumb to realize they took the option that made it so everyone that wanted to could play for free and still get everything a paying customer can have. On top of that they made it easy to make gta$. I come here for the laughs at how ignorant people on this forum really are.

• EarthboundMysfit, Thr33X and SIM-1 like this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

I buy cash cards.

giphy.gif

Haters gonna hate.

• Thr33X, StewNorth and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Will we EVER see a decent DLC that we have to pay for

Yes. They have stated in a Newswire article months ago that there are plans for "substantial additions" to story mode and to continue the Protagonist's stories. These will no doubt be payed, and any major content and gameplay additions that come with it will of course be added to online. It's also been mentioned that among other things, they want to try and add other maps (cities) eventually, and there's no way in hell a major expansion like that would be free. Anything major that alters the game in a significant way is very likely to be paid.

Cash cards are ultimately paying the operating costs to keep this game going. R* said from the start they are going into GTAO for the long haul. There's no way any smart business would attempt something like that and give it all away for free. Remember, that billion didn't go to R*; it went to Take Two, who will use it to fund other games from other developers, not to mention the inevitable GTA VI.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Cash cards = micro transaction
Micro-transactions are bought by fanboys and casuals.
These same people support EA and the practice of selling cut content.
Ingame money is only the beginning, soon they will be selling ingame clothing and other features which should already be in the game.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

I have a career. I make good money. It is my decision alone what I spend that money on. The approval of others is neither requested nor required.

/thread
  • AnarosaES, (OO)SKYLINE(OO), Thr33X and 1 other like this

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

a way of a company making money for nothing, EA seem to be masters of it.

its terrible imo, kills any point of the game.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

Some people want the full experience of the game, and the way to do that is cash cards.  But they are kind of useless when some little kid gets 50 million from selling cars.  So why would you even waste your hard earned money on them if people get money for free?

• EarthboundMysfit likes this

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

its terrible imo, kills any point of the game.

So don't buy any. Simple.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users