Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

Damn thank you a bunch

• Zaibatsu
  • Kosovo
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

Can't do it when I edit the main post, sorry guys.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:47 AM

Can a mod please do it?

ed85
  • ed85

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:31 AM Edited by ed85, 10 October 2014 - 05:49 AM.

i was a kid when bill clinton was president so i don't remember much besides watching the bosnian and kosovo conflict on the news and the monica lewinsky scandal.  now that the op brought him up every president since about kennedy was just an irresponsible tyrant but in my lifetime bush would have to be the worst.

it has only roughly been fifty years man landed on the moon in the sixties and technology has got better and better since then.

ed85
  • ed85

Player Hater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:46 AM

I looked at your profile and I noticed you put "anarchism" as an interest. That's cool and all, but then you put "communism" after that. You are aware that anarchists are against all government and communism is a form of government, right?

Council communists and non-Marxist libertarian communists and anarcho-communists oppose the ideas of a vanguard party and a transition stage, and advocate for full communism to begin immediately upon the abolition of capitalism.

Or, so I've read.

Pretty much. Communism, by definition, is a "classless, stateless, moneyless society" much in the same way anarchism is. I am an anarchist, and my ultimate goal is communism. They are not oppossing ideologies as most people would have you believe. The USSR was not a communist state, because the very term is an oxymoron, because communism is stateless.

the ussr was a communist state and a highly militarised one.  it was also a dictatorship.

i think that's what lets communism down imo, the often times heavily armed military aspect.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

The USSR wasn't a Communist state. It was a state with the stated aim of transitioning to Communism but it never did. The means of production wasn't really owned by the people, it was still a society with a class system, money existed and so did the state and central government.
Communism, in the form actually outlined by Marx has never actually existed as anything other than a theory.
  • DarrinPA likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:27 AM

Wow that brings back a lot of memories. I still remember that sh*t posting fest like it was yesterday.

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

For real though, JFK.

• Coin. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic