Photo

Personal Favorite U.S. President?

201 replies to this topic
Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:23 PM Edited by Pyroshox, 20 June 2014 - 03:38 AM.

Here is a topic to see everyone's favorite U.S. president.

My personal favorite is: Bill Clinton.

The only time you need to elaborate is when you say any of these three: Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, and George W Bush. (Just Kidding, I was just trying to bash them anyway I could.)

• redfirebird87 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

They each seem to have an unforgivable fault, so the coming to knowledge of their 'crimes' makes it difficult to impossible to have a favourite.

With the ease of 'white-wash' over the years for the earlier ones, with history being in the eye of the presenter, NOPE no favorite. Although, I would have liked "IKE".

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

They each seem to have an unforgivable fault, so the coming to knowledge of their 'crimes' makes it difficult to impossible to have a favourite.

With the ease of 'white-wash' over the years for the earlier ones, with history being in the eye of the presenter, NOPE no favorite. Although, I would have liked "IKE".

That I can agree with you on, but I didn't mean by crimes really, just by how they did in office.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Joe Lawton.

• universetwisters and Pyroshox like this

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

The Public Enemy

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Germany

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Joe Lawton.

Fahny Joek.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Barack Obama.

Not.

• Black & White likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

TOP GUN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

Enough said.

• redfirebird87 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

I was born in 1996, about halfway through Bill Clinton's reign. I can't remember much about him, as the political side of my mind was more focused on Bush's reign as president, or rather what negative things my folks had to say about him.

Reagan seems like a good president from what I read, though. He also used to be an actor.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

My personal favorite is: Ronald Reagan.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

• Moonshield, ObsydianRaven and Tyler like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Long Live The Established Hierarchy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Slick Willy Blyth. Just an overall badass. Got head in the oval office. Played saxophone. And he was a pretty decent president too. HILLARY 2016!!!!!!

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

William McKinely.

Why? Because he was the only President assassinated by an anarchist. He set an example for the rest of the world to follow. :lol:

McKinleyAssassination.jpg

• Joe Chip likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

William McKinely.

Why? Because he was the only President assassinated by an anarchist. He set an example for the rest of the world to follow. :lol:

-snip-

I looked at your profile and I noticed you put "anarchism" as an interest. That's cool and all, but then you put "communism" after that. You are aware that anarchists are against all government and communism is a form of government, right?

• ObsydianRaven likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Council communists and non-Marxist libertarian communists and anarcho-communists oppose the ideas of a vanguard party and a transition stage, and advocate for full communism to begin immediately upon the abolition of capitalism.

Or, so I've read.

• Omnia sunt Communia likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

Bill Clinton.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

tumblr_muabsnx4HQ1qd5giho1_500.jpg

• Doc Rikowski, ObsydianRaven, Adler and 5 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Bill Clinton - Cill Binton - Kill Binton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binton

HOW DID I JUST NOTICE THAT NOW.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

I looked at your profile and I noticed you put "anarchism" as an interest. That's cool and all, but then you put "communism" after that. You are aware that anarchists are against all government and communism is a form of government, right?

Council communists and non-Marxist libertarian communists and anarcho-communists oppose the ideas of a vanguard party and a transition stage, and advocate for full communism to begin immediately upon the abolition of capitalism.

Or, so I've read.

Pretty much. Communism, by definition, is a "classless, stateless, moneyless society" much in the same way anarchism is. I am an anarchist, and my ultimate goal is communism. They are not oppossing ideologies as most people would have you believe. The USSR was not a communist state, because the very term is an oxymoron, because communism is stateless.

• lil weasel, ObsydianRaven and Joe Chip like this

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Or, so I've read.

Pretty much. Communism, by definition, is a "classless, stateless, moneyless society" much in the same way anarchism is. I am an anarchist, and my ultimate goal is communism. They are not oppossing ideologies as most people would have you believe. The USSR was not a communist state, because the very term is an oxymoron, because communism is stateless.

Why do you want communism?

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

Franklin Delaware Roosevelt. Revived the economy after the Wall Street Crash, although his new deal was actually kinda starting to falter before war broke out. He also navigated the War, did a good enough job to get elected not 2, not 3 but 4 times. There are blots on his record like the treatment of Japanese-Americans in WWII which can be likened to the Bush administration's treatment of those of Middle-Eastern descent and practising Muslims, except FDR did it in time of war, a true war, GWB used "the war on terror" which is not a real war, no formal declaration was made with the Joint Chiefs of staff, they just used the word "war" as an emotive buzzword, the word "terrorism" has also become this way. But I digress. My personal favourite is FDR because he navigated the USA through 2 crises (yes he might not have survived to see the VERY end of WWII but he still navigated the US through it) He had the war-time ruthlessness of Churchill but the out-of-wartime leadership that Churchill lacked.

However, if i could go back in time and meet any president while in office, it would be Clinton.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:20 AM Edited by Omnia sunt Communia, 25 February 2014 - 12:21 AM.

I don't want to derail this thread, so I will just say that I want communism because it provides us with the upmost possible freedom.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Canis Bodhi driver.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

I don't want to derail this thread, so I will just say that I want communism because it provides us with the upmost possible freedom.

Except for private property and creativity.

THE GHETTO SAMURAI
  • THE GHETTO SAMURAI

Diet Water Please ?

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

George Bush  :^:

• CatDog96 likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho...

SC7Bj0f.gif

But seriously I don't have one. I think it's weird to.
  • Tyler likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Or, so I've read.

But how could you force communism onto the population without a state or form of government? Without government society would even be more class based than it is now. We would all be slaves to whichever warring tribe gained power first. The ultimate 99% and 1% scenario

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Except for private property and creativity.

As I said, I do not want to derail this thread. If you want to discuss communism with me, why don't we do so in the General political discussion thread? :)

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

It's a tie between Martin van Buren and Grover Cleveland. Probably the only two presidents that can be considered good. 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:36 AM Edited by CatDog96, 25 February 2014 - 01:37 AM.

George W. Bush seems like a cool guy.

• THE GHETTO SAMURAI likes this

Tyler
  • Tyler

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:36 AM

Most presidents have not excelled in any way so as to warrant being a favorite person, to me. It takes a certain cunning in foresight for the nation and diplomatic prowess to be considered a good president and more often than not many of them simply don't deliver on that. I guess I admire harsh men for the most part, as long as I think their policies are worth pressing. To that end, Andrew Jackson is someone I consider a good president despite being a very deplorable human being. His centralization of power in the time that he served helped to administrate the growing country and while that effect also managed to be very bad for treatment of native Americans, his actions created an ambitious nation and shifted the paradigm of political discussion in the country. 

My personal favorite would be much less decisive though, I think. Eisenhower was a moderate president who didn't get much love during his time in office but looking back his policies are among the better I've seen out of his country's politicians. His support of sciences in the US as well as creation of NASA and expansion of intelligence operations was integral to establishing the US as a force that was modern and intelligent on top of being militarily strong. Perhaps the forefront of this is his creation of ARPA, an organization that continues to excel in the very edges of science and technology, and is responsible for the framework of many things we enjoy today [such as the Internet]. Among other things he strengthened our Interstate systems and increased social security while keeping to the idea of a mostly free private sector. There were recessions during his presidency but in the end inflation was not increased and unemployment was lowered.

Still, even as my favorite I have to admit Eisenhower failed in some aspects. His harsh anti-immigration laws were unnecessary and prejudicial which is odd considering he ordered federal troops to protect desegregated students in Arkansas right around the same time this legislation was enacted. His Cold War policy was also unsatisfactory, though that is inevitable given that MAD was considered the correct strategy for most of this part of history. I'll grant that he did manage to stem many conflicts that he could have easily pushed American fingers into had he wished -- something that can't be said of our current president.

However one of his most enduring legacies was his farewell address where he pleaded for Americans to be cautious of a growing military-industrial complex. Perhaps he had an epiphany as the Cold War went on and stockpiles of nuclear armament grew on both sides. Perhaps it was just lip service. Whatever the reason, his warning is just as relevant today as ever. The military-industrial complex is a dangerous aspect of economics in the world, this isn't limited to United States dealings. At the end of the day, I think Ike should be remembered if only for this reason -- this message should be be forgotten.

• Sweets and gtamann123 like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:45 AM Edited by gtamann123, 25 February 2014 - 01:41 AM.

George W. Bush seems like a cool guy.

I would seriously sit down and have a beer with him and talk baseball and business. No sh*t

Bill Clinton - Cill Binton - Kill Binton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binton

HOW DID I JUST NOTICE THAT NOW.

Well That was Random  :lol:

• CatDog96 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users