Whos still active in gta 3?

73 replies to this topic
Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

I thought I'd get the ps2 out and have a mess about on it yesterday and I forgot my disc doesn't work, not sure if this has happened to anyone else but,

Rhino firing backwards + flying cars cheat + edge of map = disc doesn't work anymore.

Going to try get another copy from town tomorrow.

I do have vice city and San Andreas on various android devices for portable mayhem though.

This is why I don't use cheats.  It either breaks the game, physically, or you won't get to 100%.  Either or can happen, depending on the cheats...

Nicolas Chiribelo
  • Nicolas Chiribelo

Welcome to the City

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

I finished my first 100% walkthrough back in April. It was a great experience.

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

I'm going for the 100% completion right now. So far I have completed all side missions in Portland (except Paramedic level 12) and all Luigi missions, plus the Marty Chonks phone missions.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by Militia, 25 July 2014 - 12:12 AM.

I'm going for the 100% completion right now. So far I have completed all side missions in Portland (except Paramedic level 12) and all Luigi missions, plus the Marty Chonks phone missions.

I sure hope you don't save Paramedics much longer, or it's gonna be hell completing it to Level 12.  In fact, I don't think ANYONE has completed Paramedics Level 12 when the Triads and Mafia hate you WITHOUT using the Crusher Glitch to turn it into a Ghost...

When I do GTA III to 100%, I actually don't even start the mission "Luigi's Girls" until AFTER I finish Paramedics Level 12.  This is ALWAYS advised to do FIRST THING before anything else...

It's all recommended to do the Mafia Rampage in St. Marks early on before they hate you, too.

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

I sure hope you don't save Paramedics much longer, or it's gonna be hell completing it to Level 12.  In fact, I don't think ANYONE has completed Paramedics Level 12 when the Triads and Mafia hate you WITHOUT using the Crusher Glitch to turn it into a Ghost...

When I do GTA III to 100%, I actually don't even start the mission "Luigi's Girls" until AFTER I finish Paramedics Level 12.  This is ALWAYS advised to do FIRST THING before anything else...

It's all recommended to do the Mafia Rampage in St. Marks early on before they hate you, too.

Yeah, I know. I've read all about what to do and in what order. :) As a matter of fact, I tried doing the Paramedics about a thousand times and failed. One time I only had ONE patient left, and the time ran out. Then I gave up. I found a guide on this forum that suggested that the Paramedic mission is easier on Staunton Island, so I will try it there instead. The time limit was my biggest enemy on that mission, and I've heard that you get more time on Staunton. I have also completed all rampage missions on Portland.

Militia
  • Militia

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by Militia, 25 July 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Ok, great!  Then it looks like you're on your toes and know what to do.  Personally, I wouldn't wait until you get to SI.  The Columbians are there and often enough would blow the Ambulance up.  It's best to just get it out of the way in Portland.  When I was younger in 2007 playing this for the first time with a friend, it took me and him like 5-6 hours consecutively of trying to pass this.  However, when I did this just a couple months ago, I got it 4th try.  The trick is to stay calm, but go as quickly as you can.  The time limit is also pretty strange.  Sometimes, upon reloading and retrying, the time would increase or decrease, and when I was getting nice times, I continued and finally passed it.  I did Level 4, Leve 4, Level 11, and Level 12 on my 4th try.

BTW, are you also going for special vehicles that have special properties like bulletproofing, damageproofing, fireproof, and explosionproofing?  Cuz if so, 3 proof vehicles can be obtained in Portland, BP/FP Securicar is first, AP/EC Stretch is second, and BP/FP Trashmaster is third.  There is 4 proof vehicles in Staunton Island, BP Barracks OL, BP/FP/EP Bobcat, EP Securicar, and BP Patriot.  I saved the BP/FP/EP Cheetah for last, since the Turismo mission in Portland is always active, even after 100% and it's much easier to use a Tank than a Fire Truck to get that vehicle, imo.

Best of all, you can use the Crusher Glitch to make the Bobcat and Cheetah DP, which will turn them into AP vehicles like the Stretch, and you can also make the BP Patriot and BP Barracks OL DP, which will convert them to BP/DP vehicles.  It's very fun collecting proof vehicles.

GTAIIIisTheBestGTA
  • GTAIIIisTheBestGTA

GTA III's lover

• New Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

I still do, it's the best GTA.

Naroon
  • Naroon

Muff Diver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

I've been playing GTA III since I first got it on PS2 in early '02. Utterly fantastic game with an unbeatable atmosphere.

Robinism
  • Robinism

GTA III Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

I played some when I came home drunk from a party last night. Went on a kamikaze mission to St. Mark's to shoot some Mafia guys. It lasted longer than expected, I think the cops took me.

CartmanKusanagi
  • CartmanKusanagi

That creepy guy who always looks at you funny on the subway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I recently started working on my 2nd 100% playthrough, this time on PC (my first was on the iOS version, while I also managed to get close with the PS2 and Xbox versions). I've managed to do all of the side stuff possible at the earliest point, so my main priority now is to just start doing the storyline missions.

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeh, I'm playing through it too. Actually, I only play occasionally, what with college and studying and all. Not really sure if I'll be going for 100%, I'm just enjoying the game with no walkthroughs, tutorials and completion lists, if 100% happens, it happens, but I'm mainly just trying to get to know the game better and have fun.

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

i'm fabulous

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I played it a long time ago. Yesterday I starded going trough it again. It is a really fun game and a great expirience.

JayJay35
  • JayJay35

The Harwood Bitcher Likes my chicken, make sure you do too

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm still quite active in it, I try modding and stuff, going through the missions, etc. really a fun game!

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Been playing it again recently after beating it for the first time last month... before I get any flak, I played this game when I was twelve and was pretty bad at it. I could never get past the final mission in Portland since I was terrible at sniping at the time. I am trying to do all the stuff I didn't do on my first playthrough, such as the rampages and other assorted side missions. It also helps that I modded the game to restore some of the beta content such as the particles, NYPD styled police vehicles, beta Claude, beta pedestrian dialogue (HE'S GOT A GUN!), and the beta time cycle. It kind of changes the atmosphere a bit to be somewhat closer to the the second game which I enjoy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users