Photo

GTX 790 [Leaked Specs]

21 replies to this topic
_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 24 February 2014 - 06:03 PM.

I came across this:
http://www.pc-specs....rce_GTX_790/878
Price is expected to be more than 1000$ and some specs may change.
Is this GPU going to beat Asus Ares 2 or upcoming "Vesuvius" ?
Share your thoughts in the comments.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

Honestly - with high-end Maxwell just around the corner, does anyone really care about dual-core Keplers?
  • F4L? likes this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:17 PM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 24 February 2014 - 04:19 PM.

Honestly - with high-end Maxwell just around the corner, does anyone really care about dual-core Keplers?

Yes, but it's not yet ready for massive production.
Anyway, GTX 790 gonna have impressive power.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by SilverRST, 24 February 2014 - 10:36 PM.

More than 1000 bucks? Lol, Nvidia has too much sh*t in their heads to sell it at that high price.

And Kepler is a little more than 2 years old now.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here.

• United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

Not sure why they would bring a 790 into the picture this late. They just released the 780 Ti back in November and replaced the Titan with the Titan Black last week. Didn't realize there was such a high demand in the market for ridiculously priced graphics cards these days... (well, there is for crypto mining, but Kepler isn't any good for that).

Personally I'm more interested in the high-end Maxwells. I'm looking at a GTX 870 or whatever they'll name it for my next upgrade.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 25 February 2014 - 10:36 AM.

Not sure why they would bring a 790 into the picture this late. They just released the 780 Ti back in November and replaced the Titan with the Titan Black last week. Didn't realize there was such a high demand in the market for ridiculously priced graphics cards these days... (well, there is for crypto mining, but Kepler isn't any good for that).Personally I'm more interested in the high-end Maxwells. I'm looking at a GTX 870 or whatever they'll name it for my next upgrade.

Maxwell GPUs (I mean GTX 800 series) are expected to launch in Q3/Q4 2014 (Q4 is more likely). And it's a good decision to upgrade to Maxwell GPU cuz you get more power for less money and energy.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by SilverRST, 26 February 2014 - 02:56 AM.

Not sure why they would bring a 790 into the picture this late. They just released the 780 Ti back in November and replaced the Titan with the Titan Black last week. Didn't realize there was such a high demand in the market for ridiculously priced graphics cards these days... (well, there is for crypto mining, but Kepler isn't any good for that).Personally I'm more interested in the high-end Maxwells. I'm looking at a GTX 870 or whatever they'll name it for my next upgrade.

Maxwell GPUs (I mean GTX 800 series) are expected to launch in Q3/Q4 2014 (Q4 is more likely). And it's a good decision to upgrade to Maxwell GPU cuz you get more power for less money and energy.

Nope, expect Nvidia to add ridicolous high prices to their Maxwell GPU's.

I hope Maxwell won't support crypto mining otherwise we'll be in real serious deep sh*t.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

I hope Maxwell won't support crypto mining otherwise we'll be in real serious deep sh*t.

Why would we be in deep sh*t?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

GPUs that are capable of crypto mining suffer from inflation. Any R9 GPU from AMD you look at now is almost twice its original price. Unfortunately, Nvidia has always been the more profit hungry of the two, so I can't see them skipping out on that opportunity. If Maxwell is capable of mining, I dread seeing its prices.
  • F4L? likes this

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

The first Maxwell GPU is GTX 750 Ti and it's already RELEASED!!! It costs 150$-200$, it has 2 GB of Vram and it performs great on mid-high settings.
Your fears should be gone now. :)

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM Edited by SilverRST, 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM.

Why would we be in deep sh*t?

Then GPU's will be sold very expensive than the retail price. An example: AMD R9 290X were sold for around 500 bucks.

When the mining craze started, the prices raised through the roof, they were sold for 700-900 bucks when they had them in stock.

Let alone a 280X being sold for 519 bucks and that GPU is a rebrand of HD7970.

• F4L? likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:23 PM Edited by Andreas, 27 February 2014 - 07:24 PM.

Honestly, I am not a fan of multi-GPU systems and probably never will be. I don't get though why they had to release the graphic-card that late. I guess nVidia tries to milk as much money as possible. It certainly wouldn't surprise me, since it isn't the first time. Maxwell is without a shadow of a doubt far more interesting as this point.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Neither will I have have a system that has multi-GPU. I'll never have have multi-GPU untill ALL problems will be fixed like frame pacing, micro-stutter and so on

and that will never be fixed. Maybe future games yes, but older games not. Just like GTAIV doesn't support multi-GPU.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

My card is a little outdated, GTX 260, but looking at the card specs shown on the first page, why so much memory 6144MB??

I know it's a 4K card, still there are not many monitors that can display at that res.

I would want to upgrade soon, but given all what is out there now I have no idea on the spec for what I do with 3dsmax (64bit) on linux.

I tend not to play to many games on the PC, I'm more ps3 (it's broken right now) for that.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Take note that this is a dual GPu card, and thus each core can use half of the total memory. 6GBs of VRAM on a dual-GPU card are equivalent to 3GBs of VRAM on a single GPU card. Basically, with cards like GTX790 just divide the amount of VRAM by 2.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

My card is a little outdated, GTX 260, but looking at the card specs shown on the first page, why so much memory 6144MB??

I know it's a 4K card, still there are not many monitors that can display at that res.

I would want to upgrade soon, but given all what is out there now I have no idea on the spec for what I do with 3dsmax (64bit) on linux.

I tend not to play to many games on the PC, I'm more ps3 (it's broken right now) for that.

Some say it's gonna have 10gb of Vram (5gb each core), But I am not quite sure about that :/

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:46 PM Edited by _FRANKENSTEIN_, 26 March 2014 - 07:43 PM.

Here it is guys but they have changed the name I guess anyway here it is GTX TITAN Z:
GF_GTX_Titian_Z_top_2Height_DarkerPCI.pn
It has 2 GK110 chips, TITAN Z is powered by a total of 5,760 processing cores, or 2,880 cores per GPU.
Vram:12 GB!!!
Cost: 3000$ (dafuq?)

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by yojo2, 26 March 2014 - 06:45 PM.

12GB of VRAM is nothing shocking actually - it has 6GB per core, like any other Titan. Technically, the VRAM doesn't add up and in games this card would function like it had 6GBs of VRAM.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

3000 f*cking dollars for a thing that only works the half. The f*ck is Nvidia thinking, man?!

Only a true moron will buy this GPU for the sake of GTAV PC.

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

3000 f*cking dollars for a thing that only works the half. The f*ck is Nvidia thinking, man?!

12GB of Vram is useful when you play on several screens.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

12GB of Vram is useful when you play on several screens.

It won't work for games that doesn't support multi-GPU.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:09 PM Edited by yojo2, 27 March 2014 - 05:09 PM.

In this case doesn't matter if the game supports SLI/CF or not, since the data on the VRAM on dual-GPU cards isbasically mirrored (ie. each texture, etc. will be loaded twice). 12GBs of VRAM on a dual-GPU card is equivalent to 6GBs of VRAM on a single card, regardless of if the game even supports SLI/CF. But anyway, even 6GBs of VRAM is fine for multimonitor gaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users