Photo

Bruce's Races

23 replies to this topic
QueenUtopia
  • QueenUtopia

GTA EUPHORIA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:29 AM Edited by QueenUtopia, 24 February 2014 - 04:30 AM.

Is it possible to complete the story missions and the story itself without having to do the races with Bruce? Although I can drive like a pro during normal game play and most car chases (except bikes)I can Drive fast, weave in and out of traffic and take corners smoothly yet I just can not win a race the best I can do is to come in second  I always get knocked about by the other drivers and crash and after a dozen attempts im resigning my to never being able to complete the Bruce Race Missions? So my question is MUST I do the Race's?

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, you don't have to do his races. 

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

New Name

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

You don't have to do Brucie's races. Don't know who this Bruce dude is though. ;)

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Don't know who this Bruce dude is though. ;)

Brucie+Mother-f*cking+Kibbutz.+Some+GTA+

uu0SncC.jpg

Bruce is Brucie's twin. :p

• Biggie Kaniff likes this

QueenUtopia
  • QueenUtopia

GTA EUPHORIA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

I finally managed to win the race but after 20 goes at the Ruff Rider Mission im ready to quit :(

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

You do have to win the race called No. 1 but its really easy. Sorry to tell you this but if you can't win it then you aren't a good driver. If you can't do it just shoot everyone's tires out at the beginning
  • TheKillerDonuts likes this

QueenUtopia
  • QueenUtopia

GTA EUPHORIA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

You do have to win the race called No. 1 but its really easy. Sorry to tell you this but if you can't win it then you aren't a good driver. If you can't do it just shoot everyone's tires out at the beginning

I already said I had won the race and how does struggling to win the race because the other drivers contently crash in to you make you a bad driver? I have completed all the other driving missions up to now and car chases which I would not have been able to do if I was not a good driver. Im just rubbish at riding motor bikes lol

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

I already said I had won the race and how does struggling to win the race because the other drivers contently crash in to you make you a bad driver? I have completed all the other driving missions up to now and car chases which I would not have been able to do if I was not a good driver. Im just rubbish at riding motor bikes lol

I was just messing with you man. I love riding motorcycles but I'm not great with them either

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

It's interesting, because I'm not sure if you're actually required to beat Brucie's missions, because on one save file I had held off on them around the time that Alderny is story relevant. 

Nowdrivefaster
  • Nowdrivefaster

Obsessed with TBOGT

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

I won all of those By having a fast car like Banshee and Comet. I had not always patience enough to get one from the rich in Alderney so I decided to get them By cheat codes. Shame on me, I know :miranda:... One good way to get the first Place is to drive through competers' cars just when the competition has started. :)

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

I won all of those By having a fast car like Banshee and Comet. I had not always patience enough to get one from the rich in Alderney so I decided to get them By cheat codes. Shame on me, I know :miranda:... One good way to get the first Place is to drive through competers' cars just when the competition has started. :)

Yes, there is this, and once you get into first place, as long as you know the routes and the dangerous corners, the races really aren't all that difficult to win. If you're stuck for a vehicle for the races in the first island and not too keen to use Brucie's yellow Comet, there's a Turismo, which handles much better than the Comet, parked in Faustin's Drive that you can use without any repercussions.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:37 PM Edited by B Dawg, 08 March 2014 - 10:38 PM.

Haha this one time on the Airport race, the Comet driving AI couldn't keep up with the ones driving in the slow 4-door sedans. It was hillarious.

And how the hell do you fail Ruff Rider? You're given a NRG against a guy driving slowly on a Hellfury.

• TheKillerDonuts likes this

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:33 AM

Haha this one time on the Airport race, the Comet driving AI couldn't keep up with the ones driving in the slow 4-door sedans. It was hillarious.

Yeah, I once beat that exact race against a Comet in a Blista Compact, the guy couldn't keep on track on those corners I guess :p

@OP, you can just get a car for Ruff Ryder and knock that guy out of his bike. And as for those phonecall Brucie races, just use a car with decent handling and drive carefully or if you're still struggling, there's always a chance you'll compete against a bunch of pickups.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

You don't have to compete on a high-end sports car. Cars such as the Coquette and Banshee are somewhat wild when it comes to controlled racing, and the Super GT is more of a touring car. The Comet, as mentioned is ideal, but the Turismo and Infernus give the best combination of control and speed.

However, the races are so easy in IV that you can usually get away with using a Sentinel (terrific vehicle as far as control and speed) and even a Blista Compact. I've won races against Turismos, Comets and Infernuses (or should that be Inferni?) driving no more than a Blista.

• im_stoned likes this

LFC_Buc
  • LFC_Buc

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

Am I right in thinking the Car you race with in the 1st race you get to keep?I parked it in the parking space outside my safehouse and now it's gone.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:01 PM

I had my Huntley dissapear, if it's the Bohan safehouse. The orange is a meh color anyway, the Comet in true yellow is much better.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

If words could make wishes come true

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Am I right in thinking the Car you race with in the 1st race you get to keep?I parked it in the parking space outside my safehouse and now it's gone.

Yeah you can keep it. But what could've happened was that awful glitch that deletes some of your saved vehicles may have occurred. Another possibility is oncoming traffic might have knocked your car out of its spot, causing the game to despawn it for good. And one other annoying thing about parking spaces is if you drive by a safehouse while having a wanted level, if there are any on foot cops near your parking space they can actually commandeer your parked vehicle and use it to chase after you, in which case you'll need to take it back or lose it.

topic:

Glad you finally won the race, op. I actually really enjoyed Brucies races, my main cars for them were the Turismo and the Sultan RS, but that's because I really liked those cars. You don't need speed to win them, you just need to keep control of your car and handle the turns since the npc's will usually try to gun it the whole time and end up crashing. They always seemed to fly into walls and lampposts in my game at least.

• B Dawg likes this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Thug

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

One advice to win races easily? slow down at corners and you will do just fine. ;)

LFC_Buc
  • LFC_Buc

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

How do you know when you've completed all the Races?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

When Brucie says you're the Champ over the phone when asking for another race.

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Just shoot the other guy's cars wheels.

• LFC_Buc likes this

LFC_Buc
  • LFC_Buc

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Just got a text from Brucie to say I've won all the Races,do you not get a Trophy for doing so?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

I think you have to do 20 races, not sure.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

You only have to do the race in the mission No. 1, completing this will subsequently unlock 9 other races. But you don't have to complete them for story completion, you do however have to complete them if you want 100% completion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users