Build your ideal GTA Radio station playlist

12 replies to this topic
BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

I have always been big into making music playlists and when it comes to Grand Theft Auto releases, the radio line ups have always been what I look forward to most. Some stations have been big hits for me, particularly the Vice City and San Andreas line ups. Recent games have left me a bit underwhelmed and rethinking certain stations line ups in my head. Which brought me to creating this post. Put yourself in charge of creating a brand new playlist for any existing GTA radio station and feel free to leave feedback for other playlists posted in this thread. There are guidelines to follow though, you can't stray too far from the format of the station (try to fit your song choices into the style of the station you choose) and your track listing must range from, at least, 10 tracks to, at most, 15 tracks.

This is just a little something for music and GTA lovers to pass the time and share music and their creativity with the community here. Feel free to post multiple station line ups as well! I am going to start out with just a single station for now, but will post more as time goes on.

My first station playlist will be from the 2001 version of Flashback FM hosted by Toni. It features more obscure soundtrack selections from various films and TV shows of the 1980s (seeing as Scarface was already covered, I only included one track made for that film, it didn't actually appear on the soundtrack)

500px-Flashback_95.6_(logo).svg.png

• Tyla likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Just put V-Rock on again, almost entirely perfect. Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Megadeth, Slayer, Judas Priest, Dio, KISS, Quiet Riot, David Lee Roth, Love Fist, Motley Crue, Tesla, Dokken, Accept, Scorpions, RATT, Autograph, Ted Nugent, Anthrax, Iron Maiden...

Absolutely perfect, same with EFLC LRR. Shame how metalheads, a huge part of the teen/video game audience got f*cked over in GTA V. But hey, we have the "hardcore" Channel X, with whiny California stoners screaming against modern society with sh*tty vocals and elementary guitar "playing"...

• BucNazT likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:28 PM Edited by B Dawg, 04 April 2014 - 09:44 AM.

I'm making a hardcore punk/metal/rock station for TLAD. Brutal and aggressive music.Currently listed:

Blood For Blood-Still f*cked Up

Underdog-Back To Back

Leeway-Unexpected

L7-sh*tlist

Sick Of It All-Injustice System

The Showdown-Blood In The Gears

Slayer-Here Comes The Pain

Sodom-Persecution Mania

Sepultura-Territory

Kreator-Betrayer

Toxic Holocaust-Send Them To Hell

Celtic Frost-Dethroned Emperor

Obituary-Cause Of Death

At The Gates-World Of Lies

Possesed-My Belief

Metallica-Seek And Destroy

Pantera-Walk

Overkill-Damned

Underdogs-Headbangers

Edited on april 4th

BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Just put V-Rock on again, almost entirely perfect. Ozzy, Twisted Sister, Megadeth, Slayer, Judas Priest, Dio, KISS, Quiet Riot, David Lee Roth, Love Fist, Motley Crue, Tesla, Dokken, Accept, Scorpions, RATT, Autograph, Ted Nugent, Anthrax, Iron Maiden...

Absolutely perfect, same with EFLC LRR. Shame how metalheads, a huge part of the teen/video game audience got f*cked over in GTA V. But hey, we have the "hardcore" Channel X, with whiny California stoners screaming against modern society with sh*tty vocals and elementary guitar "playing"...

I totally agree with you, V-Rock was THE perfect GTA radio station! Every station from Vice City was amazing, I could play that game for hours and never change the station once! I just wish that the modern era entries of this series had that same quality in their radio stations. Again, I agree with you that the EFLC Liberty Rock Radio was awesome, but the original LRR wasn't all that great, IMO. The radio additions from EFLC all were much better than the original selections that they replaced, with a few exceptions including Tuff Gong Radio. it almost seemed like Rockstar was saying, "ok, we f*cked up the radio, heres some new tracks that make up for it." 

Like you, I am not into Channel X whatsoever. Before the game was released, I fully expected Channel X to be the successor to Radio X, one of my GTA favorites. So I had high hopes. I expected a 90's/00's Alternative/Grunge mix with West Coast based bands like Alice In Chains, RHCP, Nirvana, Soundgarden, ect. What we got was basically a kick in the balls in comparison. The most I have ever listened to Channel X was when I switched over to Trevor and he had it on his radio while he was running from the cops. I feel the same about Vinewood Boulevard Radio, I NEVER listen to that station, the sound just doesnt appeal to me when I flip by it. They could have easily scaled back the selections on Channel X and Vinewood Boulevard Radio and made them one station, freeing up a radio slot for some REAL Hard Rock, Grunge and Metal tracks. I still got my fingers crossed that the DLC radio will be somewhat of a saving grace, like it was for GTA IV.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

Fever_105.png

BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

I'm making a hardcore punk/metal/rock station for TLAD (currently unfinished) Brutal and aggressive music with a little bit of softer stuff.

Currently listed:

Underdog-Back To Back (goes really well)

Slayer-Here Comes The Pain (might replace with Disciple)

Sick Of It All-Injustice System

Sepultura-Territory

Leeway-Unexpected

L7-sh*tlist

Celtic Frost-Dethroned Emperor

At The Gates-Suicide Nation

Saxon-Freeway Mad (might take out)

Pantera-Walk

more to be added...

Thats a pretty sweet playlist, it fits the Lost and The Damned version of LCHC very well! The Underdog song was already on LCHC though, but I'm sure you knew that. I am really liking that L7 song too, btw! Reminds me of Radio X!  haha

BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

Heres my next playlist, an alternate playlist for Radio X set 1992, the same time period of San Andreas.

RadioX_zps80f61735.png

Radio X, 1992

I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses

Even Flow - Pearl Jam

I Am One - Smashing Pumpkins

Lovesong - The Cure

Hunger Strike - Temple of the Dog

Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails

Would? - Alice In Chains

Epic - Faith No More

Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Sex Type Thing - Stone Temple Pilots

Twice as Hard - The Black Crowes

Bombtrack - Rage Against The Machine

Lithium - Nirvana

Outshined - Soundgarden

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thats a pretty sweet playlist, it fits the Lost and The Damned version of LCHC very well! The Underdog song was already on LCHC though, but I'm sure you knew that. I am really liking that L7 song too, btw! Reminds me of Radio X!  haha

The Underdog song was on IV, so I decided to add it to TLAD because it fits in well with the biker brotherhood.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Trick

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

non stop 80's N 90'S.

BucNazT
  • BucNazT

I must kill Nordberg!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

The Underdog song was on IV, so I decided to add it to TLAD because it fits in well with the biker brotherhood.

Oh, ok! I knew I had heard it in IV somewhere. When I played LATD, it was the downloadable version, so it added the new tracks to the already existing tracks from IV, so thats what mixed me up.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

To be honest I really do like stations similar to vanilla LRR and LSRR. Don't get me wrong I love classic hard rock, but soft rock/pop rock from the 70's and 80's beats all IMO.
  • Blennerville likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

an 80s radio of course . it was an extremely prolific musical era

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

I for one wouldn't add songs that I really like or that bring me good memories to a game as then these songs will remaind me the game instead the feelings they used to bring me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users