GTA races were better on GTA4

47 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Play GTA IV races then. /thread

f*ck you asshole. Thats not the point. GTA V shoouldve had better driving.

TheApparentlyGullibleGamer
  • TheApparentlyGullibleGamer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

4 Way Madness

GTA Race

10 laps

Full lobby.

Try one of those and come back here to tell me it was better in IV.

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Or were driving was good amd didnt feel like I was PLAYING A f*ckING SAINTS ROW GAME! Goddamn f*ck you rockstar, how can you change such a great driving system to a sh*tty generic saints row feeling one.

THANK YOU

Also, the Mario Kart pickups need to be disabled, come on, its GTA race, not Mario Race.

Or were driving was good amd didnt feel like I was PLAYING A f*ckING SAINTS ROW GAME! Goddamn f*ck you rockstar, how can you change such a great driving system to a sh*tty generic saints row feeling one.

Here we have a quote from someone who has never played a Saints Row game.

Have you? Saints Row had soulless on rails driving, so does GTAV.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Here we have a quote from someone who has never played a Saints Row game.

Have you? Saints Row had soulless on rails driving, so does GTAV.

I have played Saints Row, thank you.  The driving system is different to that in GTAV (and worse).  In fact, it is pretty close to that of the III-era.  You should contact the Vatican and let them know about this new definition of a soul (I didn't know that a soul was being slow to turn at corners).

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

Your statement is incorrect and I'm going to have to disagree.

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

You should contact the Vatican and let them know about this new definition of a soul (I didn't know that a soul was being slow to turn at corners).

Soulless

tedious and uninspiring.
synonyms: boring, dull, tedious, dreary, uninvolving, humdrum, tiresome, wearisome, uninteresting, uninspiring, unexciting, soul-destroying, mind-numbing, dry

The driving in GTAV is soulless.

Where is my fault exactly?

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Who remembers long 10 lap races where you could jump out of your sh*tty car and jump into a faster one?

Or where you could create a roadblock and sit waiting with and RPG just to create a challenge for the people who were actually trying to win?

GTA 5 needs more of 4s spirit of GTA races because they aren't as much fun on 5.

GTA ONLINE HAS RACES? I PLAYED ONE AND NEVER WENT BACK...

GTA 4 RACES WERE DEFINITELY AWESOME. 

LOVED WAITING AT THE END OF THE RACE WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER AND KILLING THE 1ST PLACE DRIVER TO SPOIL THE RACE. PURE ADRENALINE. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

You should contact the Vatican and let them know about this new definition of a soul (I didn't know that a soul was being slow to turn at corners).

Soulless

tedious and uninspiring.
synonyms: boring, dull, tedious, dreary, uninvolving, humdrum, tiresome, wearisome, uninteresting, uninspiring, unexciting, soul-destroying, mind-numbing, dry

The driving in GTAV is soulless.

Where is my fault exactly?

Getting your inspiration from cars that are almost impossible to drift maybe?

Anyway, let's do the short version of the argument you want to have: I think that while the driving feel was atmospheric when driving from mission to mission in IV, it was less fun when driving at high speed, and would be unsuited to the different environments of SA. 

You disagree. 

Yay! We got to the end of the argument!

Seventh Shin
  • Seventh Shin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Getting your inspiration from cars that are almost impossible to drift maybe?

Agree to disagree, fine. I hate it, you like it, Ended.

Regardless, what are you saying here?

NorthwolfF
  • NorthwolfF

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

I dont understand whats the problem with GTA V vehicle driving, way better now, you can drive miles without a single crash...same for drift...way better...

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

In saying GTA races are better in one or the other, we have to look at what defines the GTA race. Handling isn't it, or the thread would say "racing is better in..." The feature that marks it is weapons while racing. V includes magical pick-ups which seem to run counter to everything the GTA franchise has ever been about.

Therefore, GTA racing was better in IV than V.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

In saying GTA races are better in one or the other, we have to look at what defines the GTA race. Handling isn't it, or the thread would say "racing is better in..." The feature that marks it is weapons while racing. V includes magical pick-ups which seem to run counter to everything the GTA franchise has ever been about.

And here we have a post from someone who hasn't played a GTA game before. 

Having magical pick-ups floating in the air (in the III-era games) or lying on the ground (in the HD-era) are a pretty constant feature of the GTA franchise.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

I beg to differ. That was a work-around for the graphical limitation on placing noticeable objects in the world. The stars represented 'bribes,' the health, armour and weapon pick-ups represented those things stashed. Glowing missile icons that you drive over, suddenly equipping your car with rockets is hardly the same thing.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I liked the fact that we could search for a GTA Race. Now we just have to play whatever the host wants. I know I could host but I hardly get anyone join.

Kinkade
  • Kinkade

Walk softly...

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

GTA Races would be fine if I could disable rockets. Nothing quite like driving along in first, finish line in sight, then dead from a quarter mile away even though your car was at perfect health, and the jackhole who killed you cruises on to victory.

I've raced a few GTA races now where I get rockets as early as possible and just hold on to them the entire race until the finish line, honk my horn, and spoil somebody's victory. No skill involved. Tactics maybe, but weak. At least in IV you had to actually fight to destroy someone's ride, giving them the chance to fight back.
  • Flukey likes this

Outlaw430
  • Outlaw430

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Who remembers long 10 lap races where you could jump out of your sh*tty car and jump into a faster one?

Or where you could create a roadblock and sit waiting with and RPG just to create a challenge for the people who were actually trying to win?

GTA 5 needs more of 4s spirit of GTA races because they aren't as much fun on 5.

Than go play fuc*ing Gta 4 you derp

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 25 February 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Than go play fuc*ing Gta 4 you derp
You're an asshole. GTA 4 is on the other side of the country and we want to race here.

Edit: and I loved roadblock griefers. Spawn-trappers are asshole-heads though.

Zarack213
  • Zarack213

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

In GTA4, it took skill and practice to control the vehicle the way you wanted it.  The race usually came down to 2 people after laps of fighting.  Good driving was rewarded.  In GTA 5, good driving is more punished than rewarded.  In order to win a race, you HAVE to sandbag until the last checkpoint, then just use the slipstream to pass.  It shouldn't be that way.  You should be able to build a lead, or make up a distance without the rest of the field being able to at the same time.  Your car shouldn't slow down 25mph at the end just because you're the leader.  Good driving doesn't exist in GTA 5, it's all about positioning yourself as far back as possible while still being able to make a pass in the last checkpoint.

• Flukey likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users