Is multiplayer dead?

16 replies to this topic
southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

I just played RDR multi and there was no more than 3 people in one freemode lobby. I changed like 5 times. still no more than 3 people. I also noticed that i had this wierd tunnel mirror effect on the screen when i killed someone. Is this normal? and in 3 of the lobbies I could not fire my guns. It was like I held an invisible gun that could not shoot. Is GTA IV multiplayer just as dead?

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

RDR multiplayer got hacked on the 17th August, by doing allsorts to RDR multiplayer.

You probably experienced these effects:

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

RDR multiplayer got hacked on the 17th August, by doing allsorts to RDR multiplayer.

On PSN? 

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

On PSN? 

You just said you had a wierd mirror tunnel effect?

southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Yeah

On PSN? 

You just said you had a wierd mirror tunnel effect?

yeah

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:43 AM

GTA IV's been a hacked mess for a couple years now, and RDR was just starting to become one by the end of last year.

When I've joined IV multiplayer games (the only things you can find now with others are free roam, and you're pretty lucky if there's like four or so other people in that), they've always been full of imported vehicles, kill-trigger props, and invulnerable players.

RDR has just started to see noclippers and invulnerable playersm but the last time I played was in October, so it probably got worse.

Also, GTA IV PC's servers were supported by Microsoft, but they're going to lose support soon. GTA IV PC multiplayer will be officially shut down in a month or two, but the console games seem long deserted anyway.

Time to trade Liberty City in for Chrome Adders, gentlemen.

• LancerG2 likes this

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

That's quite a surprise, I thought they would still have decent numbers left in lobbys etc

LoreLegend
  • LoreLegend

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Its even worse on PC.

On PC there are still quite alot of people that play IV Multiplayer BUT there are so many mods in bad ways.

There are mods that will crash people to their desktop, spawn boats on them so they lag out, remove their weapons etc.

Only way to counter this is to get an anti crash which there is like 1 public ATM.

I've also seen private mods that use a different kind of crash which a few people have.

Its just sad to see GTA IV going to waste like this.

Its also sad that you need an anti crash or else if you piss off the wrong people or you kill the wrong guy you're gonna get crashed.

One thing which is also bad is terrible hosts who just kick you if you annoy or piss them off just a little.

SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by SickboyGNi, 28 February 2014 - 06:45 PM.

We still do a PC free mode every Friday night, just host it with no mods or crap, the city and all she provides for some fun and a mess about.

Join on in.

GTAKing000
  • GTAKing000

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

still get full lobbies for deathmatches, races and free mode on xbox

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

still get full lobbies for deathmatches, races and free mode on xbox

Lies! Or sorcery! Or you actually have friends...

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

TboGT MP was awesome. I think Im gunna try it out next week or something, its been a while.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Rockstar should appoint moderators on each game. As you know, Rockstar desert the previous game of which they have created and focus all of their team on the present one. That's probably why GTA IV is currently a mess. Nobody is there to monitor it.

gdfsgdfg
  • gdfsgdfg

Pancakes

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:37 PM Edited by gdfsgdfg, 11 March 2014 - 04:44 PM.

PC only has a few people still playing online but everyone is playing single player, Maybe when gfwl finally dies rockstar will use the steam servers instead. And I hope for god's sakes they also get rid of social club.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:24 AM

Its even worse on PC.

On PC there are still quite alot of people that play IV Multiplayer BUT there are so many mods in bad ways.

There are mods that will crash people to their desktop, spawn boats on them so they lag out, remove their weapons etc.

Only way to counter this is to get an anti crash which there is like 1 public ATM.

I've also seen private mods that use a different kind of crash which a few people have.

Its also sad that you need an anti crash or else if you piss off the wrong people or you kill the wrong guy you're gonna get crashed.

One thing which is also bad is terrible hosts who just kick you if you annoy or piss them off just a little.

I've never had this experience on PC, and I've got over 200 hours in GTA IV. 

Whenever I do get into a lobby where others are using mods, it's usually just the simple native trainer. We usually just mess around and cause chaos with it. 

It's quite fun to be honest.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

On PS3, I find it extremely hard to even get into 1 game anymore, unless it is with friends (Which is a really rare occasion anyway).

I'm guessing that the people that still play IV on PS3 only play it for the Single Player, and there only is few players on other platforms as well (According to some friends)

LoreLegend
  • LoreLegend

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Its even worse on PC.

I've never had this experience on PC, and I've got over 200 hours in GTA IV. 

Whenever I do get into a lobby where others are using mods, it's usually just the simple native trainer. We usually just mess around and cause chaos with it. 

It's quite fun to be honest.

I'm not talking about Simple Native Trainer.

I'm talking about stuff like XL and people that abuse that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users