» «
Photo

Anyone else fall for it?

54 replies to this topic
TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by TheDeaconBsoco, 24 February 2014 - 03:23 PM.

I did fall for it, luckily I was able to kill the idiots without cover or anything, I practically quick-drawed the guys, and after that, I put a few leads in that bitch that lead me into the trap, it was so unexpected and fun:)

Did not expect it the first time. Luckily, when I actually saw the evident ambush spot with the guys waiting for me, I activated Trevor's special ability out of reflex. I took this selfie literally seconds after gunning them all down;

0_0.jpg

Why you'd want to lure a guy like Trevor into a trap is beyond me, lol. 

I've had the game since day one, but I've always wandered, How do you make the characters smile/frown or whatever other emotions they are in they pics!?

It's either pressing Left or Right Stick, one of the two, keep pressing the stick for more expressions.

• strakan7 and Ashes2AshesNN like this

Saturn 3
  • Saturn 3

Crashtest Genius

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

in our world,that particular ploy is occasionally called a "Murphy". Many variations exist apparently...

Ashes2AshesNN
  • Ashes2AshesNN

Crackhead

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I did fall for it, luckily I was able to kill the idiots without cover or anything, I practically quick-drawed the guys, and after that, I put a few leads in that bitch that lead me into the trap, it was so unexpected and fun:)

Did not expect it the first time. Luckily, when I actually saw the evident ambush spot with the guys waiting for me, I activated Trevor's special ability out of reflex. I took this selfie literally seconds after gunning them all down;

0_0.jpg

Why you'd want to lure a guy like Trevor into a trap is beyond me, lol. 

I've had the game since day one, but I've always wandered, How do you make the characters smile/frown or whatever other emotions they are in they pics!?

It's either pressing Left or Right Stick, one of the two, keep pressing the stick for more expressions.

Thanks a lot man :). I really appreciate it.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

It reminded me of RDR. ;)

Some random events are just too predictable.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

I fell for it the first time. After that paranoia kicked in and I never trusted anyone in the random events again.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

I fell for it the first time. After that paranoia kicked in and I never trusted anyone in the random events again.

Always carry a shotgun whenever there's a random event. :^:
  • Saturn 3 likes this

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by drr26, 24 February 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Always carry a shotgun whenever there's a random event. :^:

lol I always pulled a shotgun out on those type of random events after that! How did you know?

Elvis_Mazur
  • Elvis_Mazur

Nothing Inspiring to Write

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

I fell for it the first time.

Perez84
  • Perez84

Crackhead

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Never. Not even the first time.

Being a guy who played RDR to death, a.k.a. the "Lady-who-asks-you-for-help-on-the-side-of-the-road-because-her-transport-is-damaged-and-when-you-wanna-check-out-what's-the-problem-five-sombrero-wearing-bandits-come-out-and-you-simply-kill-them-all-instantly-because-you-are-the-badassest-guy-around-and-you-end-up-killing-about-10-groups-of-guys-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-on-a-daily-basis Simulator", it's kind of easy for me to recognise a trap when I see it.

That's it.

rickyboy123
  • rickyboy123

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

ye i fell for it, managed to survive though, must say it caught me off guard but it was actually a plesant surprise, i found it quite funny at the time

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Quest for 100%

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

I fell for it but thanks to the time slowdown when you switch weapons I got out of it alive.

• LilMcJohn likes this

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

Yeah I pulled a gun as soon as I started following her and she just pissbolted. Nobody bothered trying to fight me. I restarted and did it again without drawing a weapon just so I could kill them. I hate junkies.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:55 AM Edited by im_stoned, 25 February 2014 - 07:04 AM.

I was stoned and honestly didn't give it much thought. I just followed her to see whats up. I've played RDR, Sleeping dogs before so I figured out it was a trap at the last possible second before they tried to jack me  With that I pulled out my gun and killed both of them. I think they might of shot me once but I survived and they didn't so I didn't give a f*ck bullets can be removed. I especially enjoyed killing the girl I always do in these situations :)

I can't remember if their was two of these random events but I know another time I pulled out my gun straight away and she ran away from me. What a pussy......OR she yelled out to her friends announcing my arrival and letting them know I was armed I do remember yelling and a lot of shooting..... It happened awhile ago my memories a little foggy plus I've completed this game 3 times now so its hard to keep track of what happened on what playthrow

TJGM
  • TJGM

for science.

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

So did any of you guys kill the chick after you killed the two guys? I know she runs off after you pull a gun on them, but I chased her down and bet the sh*t out of her as soon as I kicked the sh*t out of the other two.

• SmoothGetaway and Cutter De Blanc like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Back when i first got the game lots of things were new to me. So as i was driving i saw a blue dot on my mini map and decided to see what it was. When a women said "Help my friend is all red and dribblin " or something like that. So i decided to help, ran up the stairs and got blasted in the face... I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else, or did you expect it.

I learned my lesson after Red Dead Redemption and Fallout New Vegas. So when this first happened to me, I had my finger on the weapon wheel button.

As soon as the dots turned red I pressed it and shotgunned all of them. No survivors. Only death. Next time I'll use sticky bombs.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Yeah, this sort of thing is way too predictable when you have played the crap out of Red Dead Redemption and some other games with random events (TES, Fallout, Sleeping Dogs, and so on).

LilMcJohn
  • LilMcJohn

Goku

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

I played RDR, but sadly I fell for it three times and I've never seen them again.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Bulletproof Tiger

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Back when i first got the game lots of things were new to me. So as i was driving i saw a blue dot on my mini map and decided to see what it was. When a women said "Help my friend is all red and dribblin " or something like that. So i decided to help, ran up the stairs and got blasted in the face... I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else, or did you expect it.

Haha, nope. I also stopped for that mangy little c*nt, but I was VERY suspicious and just went ahead and shot her just to be on the safe side. 

Daymaro67
  • Daymaro67

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

I've had that happen, but because of where the place is I had a shotgun on standby and good thing I did to killed them all and took their money.

Costar
  • Costar

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

The first incident I came upon was out near Trevor's airfield, there was an abandoned Surfer w/ the doors open, lights on so I already knew to be on guard, there is no way I'm approaching a situation like that unarmed/off-guard. And sure enough it was an ambush but I quickly took care of that. I also had it happen at night where a dude in an orange jump suit it looked like, was saying hey stop, I quickly shot him down as he approached the vehicle. I figured it was an attempted car-jacking. Then I was in the city and yea a lady was there saying her bf was hurt etc but I immediately pulled my weapon & shot the dude.

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

┐ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

So did any of you guys kill the chick after you killed the two guys? I know she runs off after you pull a gun on them, but I chased her down and bet the sh*t out of her as soon as I kicked the sh*t out of the other two.

Everyone says she ran away?

Well all the times ive had this she ducks down when the shooting starts, stays crouched, then if you point a gun at her she says something along the lines of 'Please Dont kil me!, They made me do it, I dident have a choice!' so ya.. I dident?

Anyway Did I fall for this? yes, first time I played it I came across this. Managed not to die tho. got shot by some gamg members walking off the driveway tho.. so yeah that dident last long. there was liek 5 of them. I guess me shooting the random encounter guys started some kidna gang war somehow?.. hm

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

I know after i died i heard the cops shooting at them and then the guys body fell on me, with his face on Frank's Crotch. Badup ba ba baa... Im lovin it

TravÝs.
  • TravÝs.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

When it happened to me I had a feeling that it was an ambush, so I shot the first guy on the head, and the second in the dick like 4 times :lol:

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

Feel for it the first time as Trevor . Secound time Michael saw it Comming & the 2 guys have holes in their heads. Let the girl live.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:17 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 28 February 2014 - 06:26 AM.

Nope, didn't fall for it.

But the one in RDR which is very similar got me the first time.

Oh, and I always shoot the little bitch who entraps me. "They made me do it".

Buuuulllllsh*t.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users