Anyone else fall for it?

54 replies to this topic
Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Back when i first got the game lots of things were new to me. So as i was driving i saw a blue dot on my mini map and decided to see what it was. When a women said "Help my friend is all red and dribblin " or something like that. So i decided to help, ran up the stairs and got blasted in the face... I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else, or did you expect it.

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I knew something was going to happen, so I brought my shotgun. Then I saw two people with guns, and I used Mike's special ability to get two more headshots.

gtafan899
  • gtafan899

are you just going to stand there like a lemon?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

the first time i didn't expect it. the second time i blasted them with my shotgun lol.

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

I knew something was going to happen, so I brought my shotgun. Then I saw two people with guns, and I used Mike's special ability to get two more headshots.

Well i was really new, I literally had no weapons, I walked up the steps and POW. So the next time i went up i brought along a knife and stabbed them. Now he really was red and dribblin

• GTAKid667 likes this

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

I fell for it, but I think I was able to find cover, I might have ran backwards or something, and then engaged them in the backyard.

I was pissed off to the point where I kept on shooting their dead bodies, I don't normally get angry.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

I brought my gun out, and the chick was like, "We don't need that kind of help!" and ran off. 

• Blingy, Luddite, Osho and 2 others like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

I was suspicious something wasn't right, but I was in control of Michael with my thumbs on L3 and R3 ready for trouble.

RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Actually, yes. -_- it was the first random encounter I came across, because I wasn't really free-roaming at all at that time, so on my way to starting 'Friend Request' I saw the blue dot. I wasn't really aware of how the random encounters worked, but managed to find some cover when the guys started shooting and just about made it out if there alive.

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

I brought my gun out, and the chick was like, "We don't need that kind of help!" and ran off.

Did you check around the back? Was there anyone there?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Naw, I think the dude ran off too. 

I came back later as Trevor, activated his special and stood there watching them shoot me for a bit. Then I stabbed them.

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I came back later as Trevor, activated his special and stood there watching them shoot me for a bit. Then I stabbed them.
So that's the guy Trevor ate for soup. ;)

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

So that's the guy Trevor ate for soup. ;)

I still have to agree with Trevor, that eyelid didn't look very human to me.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 23 February 2014 - 10:12 PM.

While I was driving past on the way to Lester, the thing came up on the map, so I got out and followed her. I wasn't sure what was going to happen so I pulled out my pistol, the next minute they're firing at me, so I just run back as fast as I can to behind the wall, then clean em all up and walk off with their cash.

Stuff like that happened so much on Sleeping Dogs. They used it so much you just knew when it would happen lol. "Hey man repair my motorcycle" f*ck off you mugger, I know better than the last two times I got asked for help.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Leben Heißt leben

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

I remember something like that happened with a VW Bus in the desert near the Sandy Shores airfield. The bus had a blip on the marker, so I think "why not check it out"? I thought there was money in it. Instead, I get tased by a redneck and wake up in my underwear on a train line.

Such is the life in Sandy Shores.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

The first time I was in that area I was in a cop car and a heard a ped yell something like "its the cops!". Pedestrians don't just shout that out so I knew something was odd. I eventually wound up back in that area and when the blue dot popped up I recognized the area and the voice. I figured if she ran from the cops last time, she was up to something. 

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:39 PM Edited by Xerukal, 23 February 2014 - 10:39 PM.

Did not expect it the first time. Luckily, when I actually saw the evident ambush spot with the guys waiting for me, I activated Trevor's special ability out of reflex. I took this selfie literally seconds after gunning them all down;

0_0.jpg

Why you'd want to lure a guy like Trevor into a trap is beyond me, lol. 

• universetwisters and LilMcJohn like this

Pilotmonkey
  • Pilotmonkey

BBQ SAUUUUUUCCCEEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Did not expect it the first time. Luckily, when I actually saw the evident ambush spot with the guys waiting for me, I activated Trevor's special ability out of reflex. I took this selfie literally seconds after gunning them all down;

0_0.jpg

love your sig

• Xerukal likes this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Didn't Franklin succeed in doing just that? ;)

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Never. Not even the first time.

Being a guy who played RDR to death, a.k.a. the "Lady-who-asks-you-for-help-on-the-side-of-the-road-because-her-transport-is-damaged-and-when-you-wanna-check-out-what's-the-problem-five-sombrero-wearing-bandits-come-out-and-you-simply-kill-them-all-instantly-because-you-are-the-badassest-guy-around-and-you-end-up-killing-about-10-groups-of-guys-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-on-a-daily-basis Simulator", it's kind of easy for me to recognise a trap when I see it.

• saintsrow, BlackNoise and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Johan.
  • Johan.

Legen, wait for it... dary.

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

I actually never came upon that, I was too busy on my first (and only) playthrough getting 100% of the single player trophies to do most of what the game had to offer.. reading these posts did make me want to start over fully and do EVERY single thing possible.

Loxley
  • Loxley

newLegacyinc Contributor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

Yeah, I knew something was up. I have a sense for these things from my years of playing rpgs.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I was super irey when that happened to me I almost shat my pants but for some reason the guy kept missing me so i blasted the fool.

• Cutter De Blanc and Saturn 3 like this

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Academy Apocalypse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

No, because no one stands a chance against me.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

RDR had me too prepared for it. 

• SmoothGetaway likes this

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

It's always as Franklin near a gas station. Right next to Ammunation

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Back when i first got the game lots of things were new to me. So as i was driving i saw a blue dot on my mini map and decided to see what it was. When a women said "Help my friend is all red and dribblin " or something like that. So i decided to help, ran up the stairs and got blasted in the face... I'm just wondering if this happened to anyone else, or did you expect it.

Well sadly, now i will expect it......

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Never. Not even the first time.

Being a guy who played RDR to death, a.k.a. the "Lady-who-asks-you-for-help-on-the-side-of-the-road-because-her-transport-is-damaged-and-when-you-wanna-check-out-what's-the-problem-five-sombrero-wearing-bandits-come-out-and-you-simply-kill-them-all-instantly-because-you-are-the-badassest-guy-around-and-you-end-up-killing-about-10-groups-of-guys-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-on-a-daily-basis Simulator", it's kind of easy for me to recognise a trap when I see it.

Same here.

mr. libs
  • mr. libs

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

I honestly knew what to expect because I read about the Random Events beforehand. well.. one of them succeeded in killing me{different encounter} but it wasn't the couple faking it.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Some of the stranger and freaks events are like full missions. Anyone encounter the woman who got in a car wreck up near Paleto Bay? You get to use her as a crew member. Has anyone helped the girl who was, and this is going by memory as it's only happened once, being attacked by the Lost? You drop her off at your cab depot

Ashes2AshesNN
  • Ashes2AshesNN

Crackhead

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

I did fall for it, luckily I was able to kill the idiots without cover or anything, I practically quick-drawed the guys, and after that, I put a few leads in that bitch that lead me into the trap, it was so unexpected and fun:)

0_0.jpg

I've had the game since day one, but I've always wandered, How do you make the characters smile/frown or whatever other emotions they are in they pics!?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users