If you wrote the story.....

70 replies to this topic
T-dog
  • T-dog

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

If you wrote the story for GTA 5, how would you have approached it.
Would Mike and Frank even meet each other at all? Would the story be more hood or heist focused, would you let Trevor kill Johnny and would the whole FIB/IAA/Merryweather fiasco even happen at all? Personally, I would give each character their own individual storyline before they even meet each other.This way I could develope the characters enough to the point where they can finally confront each other.
  • sqre likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

If I wrote the story, there would be less missions from the FIB. There would be more action-packed heists, and each character would have an individual storyline, and only work together when needed, e.g. heists and calls for assistance.

Spoiler

Wade would have a bigger role in the story, instead of just sitting there at the strip club.

Michael would have a better relationship with Tracey, and she won't ignore her dad when he calls out her name.

The player can confront Karen, and then either spare or kill her.

Niko would be a heist member.

Brad would survive the opening heist, and the player break him out of jail. After the jailbreak, he can be a playable character.

• sqre, theNGclan, Witchking Of Angmar and 2 others like this

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Thugged out. Pissed off

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

in my story, the fib/iaa stuff wouldn't have ever happened.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

why not

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

The player can confront Karen, and then either spare or kill her.

tumblr_inline_mg94dvNDjV1r087lu.gif

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Meh, I don't think he would return to a life of crime after everything that happened in GTA IV.

• theGTAking101 likes this

SonofLosSantos
  • SonofLosSantos

Thugged out. Pissed off

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

why not

because I didn't like it. when I watched the trailers for the game I never would've imagined working for the fib and being their gimps. that sh*t is stupid.
  • BlackNoise, Witchking Of Angmar, FANTOMTRON and 2 others like this

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I really like the "guy comes from the bottom of the well and goes to the top of the pile" type of story like Vice City. So i would have done something like that, and definitely only one protag.

• saksoka likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Meh, I don't think he would return to a life of crime after everything that happened in GTA IV.
Maybe he needs the money? ;)

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by nobum62, 23 February 2014 - 08:57 PM.

make the story an actual "pursuit of the almighty dollar". no more bullsh*t jobs for the FIB and no more heists where you make no profit.

johnny will not appear in GTA V, and the lost will be replaced with AOD.

no more Trevor, or at least change his personality so that he doesn't kill people for no reason.

have more missions with stretch and wei cheng to make them worthy antagonists, or remove them too.

each protag would have their own seperate antag, but they all have a common main antag.

i'd also change the endings.
  • sqre, Official General, Bonnano and 2 others like this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Story would start with Michael in North Yankton 2004. You would rise to the top starting out by robbing gas stations to banks, then after like 35 to 40 missions you would move to LS and then Franklins story would come in, with Franklin you would do more gang related missions. Franklin at first would be all about the hood but after like 50 missions of grove st vs ballas Franklin meets Michael. Thats when the jewlery heist. Then you play as Trevor in sandy shores. Sandy shores would be waaaay biggwr 5 times the size it is. Because there would be a feud between the AOD and The Lost, also Johnny wouldnt be a meth addict. Trevor tries to take over but he knows thats a fight hes not gonna win, so he chooses who he is with the aod or the lost. After like 69 missions, trevor meets michael.
  • sqre likes this

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

I would of centered the story more around Trevor but hey that's my personal preference, hes a nut case!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

If I were to write the story, it would basically be "Grand Theft Auto: Maaskantje".

grand-theft-auto-maaskantje.jpg

Only a few of you will know what I'm getting at.

• Luddite, ViceCityStalker and Mister Madrazo like this

xx_jp_awesome_xx
  • xx_jp_awesome_xx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Would have been the same as the actual story but Instead of Michael and Trevor moving to Sandy Shores after *spoiler* Trevor kidnapped Madrazos wife, they would have moved to North Yankton
  • Cakelover21 and Mightymomo22 like this

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:48 PM Edited by BrokenLizard, 23 February 2014 - 10:50 PM.

Longer missions. Not just "deliver this car here or buy a RPG".
No Madrazo.
More relation to the characters.
A chance to actually KEEP our heist money, maybe MFT could grow some balls and stand up to the FIB.
No playing errand boy for the FIB. That didn't make any sense.
More references to GTA IV.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by killahmatic, 23 February 2014 - 11:15 PM.

If I wrote the story, with elements of the original story...

There would only be one antagonist. Devin Weston, along with his Merryweather army of course. 

Franklin would be a former Merryweather soldier that Weston is trying to blackmail into returning.

Early in the story, Michael has a conflict with Weston. Weston makes Michael work for him, but it doesn't last long. Michael meets Franklin and they decide to work together, planning to kill Weston or destroy his Merryweather army. Maybe both. Michael knows about Trevor's piloting skills and ability to get military equipment, so he unhappily calls Trevor for help. Trevor agrees but only if Michael helps him pull off a huge heist and also help break Brad out of jail. 

A good amount of the story is based on being set up by Merryweather, attacking Merryweather, or doing whatever it takes to prevent them from taking control of deadly chemicals and weapons. There would still be a heist or two, Brad would be alive, and Lester would still remain a big help throughout the story.

I could go on and on, but you all get the basic idea. 

• sqre and jv95_ like this

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

I was quite disappointed with the story, if I'm honest. Especially after GTA IV. If I wrote the story I think I would try to place more emphasis on each character's individual stories. Franklin was the most underused character in the game. It is almost as if Rockstar added him as an afterthought after creating Michael and Trevor. There is a lot of potential in his story, I would like to see him deal with trying to escape the gangster lifestyle, while still remaining loyal to his friends. We'd spend more time in Davis learning about his life before he f*cks off and moves to Vinewood with the rich and famous.

I'd also focus on Trevor's story before he goes to Los Santos in search of Michael. The whole meth business had a lot of potential. and I would like to see it expanded. Would of been fun to have a few Breaking Bad parodies in their as well (could you imagine driving a mobile home through the desert with Trevor in his underwear and Wade in-toe?).

Lose the whole FIB angle. Lose Merryweather. Those made the game feel like more of a crime game and more of a third-person Call of Duty clone. I'd rather stick with working within the criminal underground of Los Santos. Something that was severly underused in GTA V. If they wanted to focus on high-tech, military organisations they could of easily done a game set on the Mexican border and introduce the Mexican Drug Cartels!

• sqre and Ermac. like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

No playing errand boy for the FIB. That didn't make any sense.

You didn't pay attention to the story then.

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

Michael would be a transvestite with a pig partner in crime, Trevor would be a old man who has war flash backs, Franklin would be cjs dad, jet packs, boobs, cars, explosions

• jondean31 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

Honestly, I had no problem with the story (other than the lack of an antagonist from the beginning) and I was a bit surprised to see people ripping it apart on here. I was let down that it wasn't more mature like IV or RDR, but I honestly saw no faults in it before coming back here.

Then again, I barely paid attention to all the prerelease hype and listened to the people saying "Yeah my cousin got the game early and said there are like one million heists, and they're so great, and blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah!"

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:17 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 24 February 2014 - 05:18 AM.

Make Michael the the only protag and Trevor the antag.

Exclude Franklin/FIB/Merryweather/IAA/Triads/Stretch/Madrazo/Lost MC

V's story was just a mess

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

-Remove any mission involving the Triads except for the first two

-Give more missions to Franklin and Lamar. Give them both more protagonism (Franklin especially)

-Better antagonists (Stretch, Weston and Haines are fine, just improve them. Hell, make Stretch appear in more than 3 missions)

-Make the final mission (ending C) less halfassed, please. I want some epic bossfight or something, like Haines in an attack chopper and Trevor loosing all his weapons. Look at the previous GTAs final missions (excluding IVs). This is unlikely though since the last GTAs seem to go for a more realistic approach, so no NPCs with ridiculous tons of health I guess.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:31 AM

I would not include doing work for agencies

• Osho likes this

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

I kept thinking about a scenario in which instead of the story arc with patricia or with Ron there was a henchman working for T that was gay,he and Trevor would keep arguing yet still they cared for each other, then in one of the last missions he gets killed and T gets revenge on him taking out (say merryweather killed him) the mercenaries that shot him and all the mission would be played with trevor's rage mode but it is unlimited for all the mission.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:37 AM

My story would only have Franklin as the playable character and it would show how he went from a gang banger to Billionare. Michael and Trevor would be NPCS and they would have less dialogue. Franklin could start buying houses, business, and be featured on magazines, TV, etc .  

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

I guess you guys really hated the IAA (UL Paper) missions in IV than, huh?

Or the Mike Toreno missions in SA sucked ass too since you had to work for "da man?"

Give me a break.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

Or the Mike Toreno missions in SA sucked ass too since you had to work for "da man?"

Give me a break.

in vice city/liberty you didn't work for the cops, the cops worked for you.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:34 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 24 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.

I would have had their only interaction between the protags be a once off meeting at the Glory Hole Theme Park toilet stalls then they would go their seperate ways never to speak of this again.

• hornedturtle likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

Give me a break.

What cops worked for you in GTA III or Vice City? The only person that had anything to do with the law was Rosenberg, but all he really did was get Tommy out on bail, he wasn't actually a cop.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

Give me a break.

What cops worked for you in GTA III or Vice City? The only person that had anything to do with the law was Rosenberg, but all he really did was get Tommy out on bail, he wasn't actually a cop.

there are many cut scenes that indicates the cops are on the payroll.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users