Quantcast

» «
Photo

When will Max Payne 3 players finally be rewarded?

27 replies to this topic
Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Back in August, Rockstar announced players who reached legend in MP3 would receive exclusive content in GTA:O. As soon as I heard about this, I went out and dropped $60 on that game. I spent the next two months trying to reach top rank.

Now I'm sitting here with this awesome MP3 character and nobody in GTA:O knows it. Will Rockstar ever give us MP3 players the recognition we deserve? 

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

For what? What do you feel you "deserve?"

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 23 February 2014 - 07:45 PM.

You dun' goofed

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Lmao R* made you buy one if their other games! You won't get something for it, just 60 dollars less in your pocket. Too bad. ;)

• Luk38644, Omnifarious, JayDM420 and 2 others like this

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by Lagful, 23 February 2014 - 07:52 PM.

I'm not aware of this exclusive content you mentioned, but it's pretty f*cked up if you didn't get something that was promised. Why didn't you just submit a ticket to R* asking why?

Ignore the mentally challenged haters. 

• Deadly Target and Choppers like this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Lmao R* made you buy one if their other games! You won't get something for it, just 60 dollars less in your pocket. Too bad. ;)

I lol'd pretty hard, 60$ wasted? You could have bought cash cards!

• scubadave and gta4thewin like this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

$60???

Thats like £30?

I bought my copy from XBL Marketplace for £2.95

Havent even played it yet tbh :S

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

$60 after a few years? I find that hard to believe especially since I got it for $5 a few days ago on PSN.

Also you should have a link to the R* "announcement" to prove it's true.

• Pasternak likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:00 PM Edited by scubadave, 23 February 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Your reward is the MP3 crew, crew emblem, etc.

Don't be greedy. R*'s got better things to do atm.

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hard to call that a reward.  :lol:

Better luck next time OP!

• scubadave likes this

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

I paid $60 for it when it first came out, and it is a good game but dropping $60 on it for a feature in another game is just silly.

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hard to call that a reward.  :lol:

Better luck next time OP!

Ouch. Blunder of the month i'd say.

• scubadave likes this

Omnifarious
  • Omnifarious

R.I.P. in peace Aesthetic, you beautifully beta bastard you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by Omnifarious, 23 February 2014 - 09:07 PM.

Welcome to marketing ploys 101. Rockstar got you to buy another one of their games without actually promising you anything substantial at all. That "exclusive" could be anything from an exclusive set of cars, vehicles, guns, clothes, and maps, etcetera, all the way down to a a little green check mark next your name on the social club page. Hope you learned something from this experience. You have any idea how many companies have went, "PRE-ORDER NOW! AND GET EXCLUSIVE CONTENT!" and you get like a f*cking 1" key chain for your character to wear under his belt that nobody can see? A lot of them...

• bootswitdafur likes this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

"You know what capitalism is? Gettin' f*cked."

MP3 looks like a great game, and I may buy it. But today you can get for the same price as a $1.2 million cash card. 

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

GTAF's Best Scrub 2014

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm not aware of this exclusive content you mentioned, but it's pretty f*cked up if you didn't get something that was promised. Why didn't you just submit a ticket to R* asking why?

Ignore the mentally challenged haters. 

This.

But, lol Max Payne 3 players.

If anyone deserves some rewards, it's us max ranks in Red Dead Redemption.

I didn't spend 70 days on there for nothing!

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

why should you get any recognizion for your achievements on a game that is completely different and unrelated to V?

thats like me asking for recognition for what i did in RDR...

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I also remember Rockstar saying that people who had Max Payne 3 would be rewarded with something in Online. Either they forgot about that, or they were simply trying to get more people to buy the game. I've had MP3 since its launch, but it still would have been cool to at least get something like a Max Payne leather jacket and Hawaiian shirt for Online.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

I reached legend #3 so yeah. If there's a special reward for completing that masterpiece of a game (I'm not being sarcastic, it's better than most shooters, including V) I'm waiting for it.

• Deadly Target likes this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

why should you get any recognizion for your achievements on a game that is completely different and unrelated to V?

The games you mentioned have very much to do with GTA V...do some research before opening your mouth. 

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 23 February 2014 - 11:46 PM.

I was hoping someone here had already done that, but it seems everyone has forgotten about this. I'll try contacting Rockstar about it through their mouthoff email.

For what? What do you feel you "deserve?"

To be honest, I'd be happy just having Max's leather jacket for my online character.

350px-LeatherCoat1.png

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

The games you mentioned have very much to do with GTA V...do some research before opening your mouth. 

what they have to do with V?

that they used some game mechanics and stuff from mp3/rdr? thats it...

when i say unrelated im talking about the story and background of the game. apart from those game mechanics, there is NOTHING that connects V with MP3 or RDR.

you're welcome!

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

I bought the Special Edition back on release and I did actually hear about them providing some exclusive stuff for those who played it, but I believe you had to be the maximum rank, I'm only like level 20 in the game because of how dead it became quickly.

From what I see, I'm glad I didn't give in to waste plenty of weeks just for digital stuff that would be meaningless.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

That kinda sucks. I didn't know they promised this..

I heard they promised something called Heists too

and ballsack

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Didn't we already get a check shirt and bald hairstyle for micheal??

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:31 AM

Back in August, Rockstar announced players who reached legend in MP3 would receive exclusive content in GTA:O. As soon as I heard about this, I went out and dropped $60 on that game. I spent the next two months trying to reach top rank.

Now I'm sitting here with this awesome MP3 character and nobody in GTA:O knows it. Will Rockstar ever give us MP3 players the recognition we deserve? 

Well, all they said was that they would give "little bonuses" if an MP3 character was at a certain level. 

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Cannabis Connoisseur

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

there is NOTHING that connects V with MP3

Rockstar crews connect Max Payne 3 and GTA Online. The use of GTA V and the creation of Rockstars official crew system were used very heavily in the promotion of Max Payne 3, I dont know how many times it was mentioned the crews & rivalries carry over to GTA, which confuses me as crews mean nothing in GTA V compared to MP3... there arent even any leaderboards.

Back in MP3 it was non-stop crew vs crew gang wars,  get your guns out and fight , no tanks  no prison thugfights bullsh*t, no waiting for lobbies to fill either.

And the crews that came out on top of all these nonstop daily ongoing warfare  got all the recognition and glory.

Now its all about who can make the best youtube video or who can take pretty pictures of butterflies and deer that get featured on the newswire.

Not to mention the CEO of Rockstar Games Leslie Benzies said in an August interview flat out  that high level players in MP3 would be rewarded for their ongoing support of the game and crew system.

The silver skull mask we have in GTAO is quite similiar to the social club exclusive mask unlocked for Max Payne 3 multiplayer, I suspect they just unlocked it for everyone in fear of the bitching that may ensue.

• Biohazard Abyss, aNsWeRkEy02 and Sugar Free Nos like this

aNsWeRkEy02
  • aNsWeRkEy02

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

I also reached legend 1 on max payne 3 way way back..I played it on release date too..Ive read that somewhere also but I guess Rockstar had forgotten about it..

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

I played IV on 9-16-13...where is my award?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users