Photo

Why don't more people play capture?

72 replies to this topic
GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

face it, gta online is an absolute bust. r* knows it, i promise you. they'll learn and adjust. next gen GTA will be a lot better. this was a terrible game. move on and learn. they made so much money they can make other games now and diversify their entire company. 

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

if it was ctf like in halo 2 flags get the opposing teams flag if it was that i would play it but the 5 bags thing not my thing 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

if it was ctf like in halo 2 flags get the opposing teams flag if it was that i would play it but the 5 bags thing not my thing 

Well, there's jobs like Salty Snatch, where there is only one flag to get.

Charlie Goodvibes
  • Charlie Goodvibes

Charlie's been dead for 40 years

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

If it was anything other than "run at each other and shoot while hoping they die first" I would play it. There's no finesse to it. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

If it was anything other than "run at each other and shoot while hoping they die first" I would play it. There's no finesse to it. 

There's the "trying to avoid people seeing you so they start shooting in the first place" part of it, or the "you go and shoot at those guys so I can sneak by them" part of it, among other things.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

I played for a little bit. 

Much like the deathmatches I simply DID NOT like the levels. Too small and matches ended in the blink of an eye.

Bag games were AWESOME in Red Dead but here these kind of felt very... thrown together?

Will totally give these another chance, I mean there HAS to be a cool level or two here right?

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by hungpaul22, 24 February 2014 - 10:22 PM.

I love capute mode but others dont. I really dont mind the payout especially when its about having fun not making money. 

And i see people posting in this topic saying its about money when in other topics they tell the OP o just have fun...Hmpfh 

The entire game is focused around making money through in-game activities and spending it on upgrades, like faster cars and better weapons. When you make a game work like that, you have to make activities pay appropriately for time spent, or else nobody will play them.

Competitive missions and Capture are pretty fun to play, and I'd definitely play in them more, but nobody plays them. Nobody plays them because they have terribly low payouts. Terribly low payouts means most of the time people end up in the negative after playing them, which is punishing the player for doing an in-game activity when it should reward them.

Fun and winning is the award.

Fun is the reason people are playing the game in the first place. Once you're in the game, however, your goal is to make money to spend on things. This is how the entire game is structured. By giving Capture and competitive missions horrible payouts, they're giving players a very small profit margin to work with. Using anything over a pistol or an SMG will more than likely put the player into the negative, even if they win in a full lobby. This is punishing the player for completing an in-game activity, when, again, it should reward them for doing so.

The concept you're suggesting would work better if all ammo, cars, weapons, and other upgrades were all free but level-locked. It does not work in a game where each and every activity is designed to either make money or to spend the money made from other activities.

Nocturnaldemon
  • Nocturnaldemon

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Because it gives me cancer.

JohnTaper
  • JohnTaper

Buddy, I think you're slime.

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

It's already been stated that half of people probably have never played a capture, ever. People are afraid of change or anything different. All people do in this game is race criminal records and jumps jumps jumps or they drive their tanks in freemode killing anybody who comes around them. Welcome to GTA online.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

I've never even played a single game of capture

I played it once as I wanted to see what it was like but it took about 15 mins of sitting in a lobby screen waiting for it to fill up with enough players and even then it wasn't a amazing game mode. After that experience I really dont see myself playing it again.

Rashers-
  • Rashers-

Pro.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

I've played capture missions a couple of times, the bus one was my favourite, it's fun but also really frustrating at the same time, mainly because of the rubbish spawns. I'll kill someone, and by the time I've got in and started up the bus, the bloke I just killed has RPG'd my ass. Is there any other vehicle capture missions ? I may give them a go.

ILLWILL
  • ILLWILL

HOOD H.N.I.C

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by ILLWILL, 09 March 2014 - 06:03 AM.

Because it, like every other new idea R* has, f*cking sucks.

^ This x1000

We want Heists... asap

Mac4167
  • Mac4167

Carolina Born and Bread

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

Why play Campture when there's PTF, RR and coveted.

On a serious note, the game mode seems poorly put together, matchmaking is horrible and it takes forever to fill up a decent size lobby.

I don't know about you but I kinda want more things to do in the game that doesn't solely involve PvP. I want more mini games, hobbies and past times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users