He wasn't the same [SPOILERS]

255 replies to this topic
Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

The people who keep saying "Oh, A lot can happen in five years derppp" obviously need to replay TLAD

I would go into the reasons why it dosen't make a tidbit of sense but in that case i'd be wasting my time.

But it doesn't make any sense at all and feels forced and out of place. Mostly done for shock vaule

"It doesn't make any sense because I say so!"

"I'm not going to counter your argument because I say so!"

"Your argument doesn't reinforce your idea because I say so!"

Instead of making a smartass reply because they called you out on being a lost cause in terms of explaining the logical flaws, why not counter argue as to why it does make sense.

:catloaf:

• Yogogamer likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

So you still don't explain your position.

You can talk and be taken seriously when you decide to actually do something.

Have a nice day :)

Odesza: Read the thread. It's there multiples of times.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:29 AM Edited by Odesza, 27 February 2014 - 12:30 AM.

So then what exactly is the point of him making a smartass reply regardless?  Why not just link the post where it's clearly explained in a clear counter point as to why it makes sense.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:30 AM Edited by cp1dell, 27 February 2014 - 12:32 AM.

People are taking the whole "Anything can happen in 5 years" a different way. They're seeing it as some easy, cop-out excuse, when it's actually just a way to summarize what's going on.

The Lost (which I doubt had only one chapter, and was in Liberty City) have been slowly making their way to LS. This is mentioned on Steve Haines show. It's been five years. These bikers have had five years to form another chapter in LS. That is not unreasonable in any way. On top of that, a majority that were there, only traveled to LS to attend the funeral after Trevor killed Johnny and the other members.

The lack of Angels of Death members? This could easily be Rockstar just being lazy considering bikers were barely the focus in V, but there's also the fact that the FIB is cracking down on bikers. Their sights are set on The Lost now since they are the only ones in LS now. It's highly possible that they moved out of LS, especially with the arrival of The Lost. Sure, five years ago on their website people saw that they originated in LS. But anything could have happened during those five years. Look at what happened to The Lost chapter in Liberty City in 2008. Tore itself apart from the inside out, and the club was burned down. It's very believable that due to The Lost or even the FIB, the AOD chapter in LS moved out.

Johnny with Ashley and the drugs? Multiple times throughout TLAD he said he was done with her, but he kept going back. Sure at the end of the game he says he is finally done with her, but so what? The game could have ended at any other point in the game where he rescued Ashley and said he was done with her, and you would be saying the same thing. It's only because we don't know how it happened. We know it did, but we don't know exactly how other than the fact that Johnny always went back to her. Sure he doesn't bail her out for $40. The guy just broke into a prison, and killed the guy who was practically a father to him, who actually had almost gutted him with a shank. Then him and his closest friends burn down their clubhouse, after a large majority of their other friends have been killed over the past few weeks all because Billy was a psycho.

Five years later? He ends up back with Ashley, which isn't very surprising. It was never set in stone that Johnny was really done with her.

well, it does seem reasonable that the lost and johnny had a back-story to being in LS, but i dunno. like i said 1000000 times, it violated everything fans in when playing TLAD.

I'm with you there. I hated Trevor the second I saw Johnny get stomped out. I wasn't thinking "Why is this happening? This isn't Johnny." And it took a while for me to warm up to Trevor. Johnny was one of my favorite protagonists and I was disappointed to see him go, but I Rockstar set up an explanation as to why he was like that, so I have no complaints there.

Instead of making a smartass reply because they called you out on being a lost cause in terms of explaining the logical flaws, why not counter argue as to why it does make sense.

It doesen't make sense because it's lazy and for shock value,

funny you can't respect my opinion but you expect people to respect yours in the *Cough* weapon thread

How about you two actually read the f*cking thread where multiple people have explained why it does make sense, and talk about the explanations Rockstar provided in V, instead of trying to call me out on sh*t and change the subject again.

EDIT:

So then what exactly is the point of him making a smartass reply regardless?  Why not just link the post where it's clearly explained in a clear counter point as to why it makes sense.

Because we're not going to f*cking hold your hand and guide you through this thread. Don't jump in the middle of an argument and complain people aren't providing anything, when it's right f*cking there.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:32 AM Edited by Odesza, 27 February 2014 - 12:33 AM.

How about you two actually read the f*cking thread where multiple people have explained why it does make sense, and talk about the explanations Rockstar provided in V, instead of trying to call me out on sh*t and change the subject again.

I've read most of the thread, it's not really what I meant in my post, it seems like rather instead of trying to actually prove someone wrong at this point you're just trying to senselessly talk sh*t and be a smartass.  You changed the subject just as much as anyone else by acknowledging a post that according to you didn't prove anything.

• Yogogamer likes this

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

So you still don't explain your position.

You can talk and be taken seriously when you decide to actually do something.

Have a nice day :)

Decide to do something? What the hell are you talking about?

Nothing you, Me or my dog can say that'll change anything, What's done is done.

and as I said, you won't listen to reasoning anyway

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Cool down will you, you can have a mature discussion without resorting to expletives and juvenile insults I trust.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

It's not random. Johnny loves Ashley. He always helps her out when she's in danger.

She got him hooked back on drugs.

It's pretty easy to understand, actually.

Guess I'm a joke for disagreeing,

Yeah, Have fun being an asshole!

God damn you're stupid not a smart person.

Thanks Focker, That means alot coming from you

and No, In TLAD he made it quite clear that he was done with Ashley and the drugs

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by cp1dell, 27 February 2014 - 12:54 AM.

And oh, I cannot get enough of how you keep trying to shift the focus to me "also changing the subject" as if that makes my argument invalid, so please, keep doing that. You're doing great here.

My post was simply to point out that instead of making an actual coherent reply you seem to just be acting like a complete douchebag which doesn't really seem to be doing much of anything other than getting the other person to continue to prove their point that you seem to have little reasoning skills and are a lost hope.

You're doing great here.

And in response to what you're still crying about, I did explain my stance. I'm "acting like a complete douchebag" because the two of you fail to acknowledge it, and instead want to continue claiming that I'm just insulting people instead of providing an argument - when I have. But I'm not going to link it, because it is RIGHT f*ckING THERE.

I don't really see how I'm crying by pointing out that you're acting like a bitter child and just are reinforcing the other person's point.  So at this point, after saying your stance is "right there" then why are you still replying to make petty insults?  Out of pure childish frustration?  You're sure proving the other person wrong about not being worth explaining to.

Well done.

Because you're still stuck on this whole "You're not providing an argument."

I already provided an arguement. Nobum acknowledged it. You two are the ones who are still not acknowledging it, and keep pretending that I haven't provided an arguement - when the only thing I'm not providing is the same arguement I HAVE ALREADY POSTED.

You want me to post it again to make you happy? Here:

People are taking the whole "Anything can happen in 5 years" a different way. They're seeing it as some easy, cop-out excuse, when it's actually just a way to summarize what's going on.

The Lost (which I doubt had only one chapter, and was in Liberty City) have been slowly making their way to LS. This is mentioned on Steve Haines show. It's been five years. These bikers have had five years to form another chapter in LS. That is not unreasonable in any way. On top of that, a majority that were there, only traveled to LS to attend the funeral after Trevor killed Johnny and the other members.

The lack of Angels of Death members? This could easily be Rockstar just being lazy considering bikers were barely the focus in V, but there's also the fact that the FIB is cracking down on bikers. Their sights are set on The Lost now since they are the only ones in LS now. It's highly possible that they moved out of LS, especially with the arrival of The Lost. Sure, five years ago on their website people saw that they originated in LS. But anything could have happened during those five years. Look at what happened to The Lost chapter in Liberty City in 2008. Tore itself apart from the inside out, and the club was burned down. It's very believable that due to The Lost or even the FIB, the AOD chapter in LS moved out.

Johnny with Ashley and the drugs? Multiple times throughout TLAD he said he was done with her, but he kept going back. Sure at the end of the game he says he is finally done with her, but so what? The game could have ended at any other point in the game where he rescued Ashley and said he was done with her, and you would be saying the same thing. It's only because we don't know how it happened. We know it did, but we don't know exactly how other than the fact that Johnny always went back to her. Sure he doesn't bail her out for $40. The guy just broke into a prison, and killed the guy who was practically a father to him, who actually had almost gutted him with a shank. Then him and his closest friends burn down their clubhouse, after a large majority of their other friends have been killed over the past few weeks all because Billy was a psycho.

Five years later? He ends up back with Ashley, which isn't very surprising. It was never set in stone that Johnny was really done with her.

Are you still ignoring it? Here I'll post it again so there is no way you can keep saying I haven't provided an argument.

Happy now?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:58 AM

It's not random. Johnny loves Ashley. He always helps her out when she's in danger.

and No, In TLAD he made it quite clear that he was done with Ashley and the drugs

YES, Johnny said he wanted to stay away from Ashley. He said he didn't want to help her.

Guess what? He said the same thing in this mission. But, guess what again? He helped her out afterwards. 

That wasn't the only time he said he wouldn't help her, but he did.

The SAME thing probably happened after the end of TLAD. Good god, shouldn't this be clear by now?

Thanks Gta_V_Fan!

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

Look at that, both me and Masterfocker have to keep repeating ourselves because you two are hell bent on proving we haven't provided an argument for anything, when we have and you just won't read it.

Top quality sh*t right here.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by Odesza, 27 February 2014 - 01:02 AM.

Look at that, both me and Masterfocker have to keep repeating ourselves because you two are hell bent on proving we haven't provided an argument for anything, when we have and you just won't read it.

I don't think you understood my post in any way whatsoever, shame.

You don't have to throw a tantrum like you did to get your point across and if you got it across the first time then continuously trying to insult the other person with petty comments is pointless, I hope you can understand what I was getting across this time.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by cp1dell, 27 February 2014 - 01:07 AM.

I don't think you understood my post in any way whatsoever, shame.

I don't think you are even reading my posts in any way whatsoever, shame.

I already explained why I keep replying to your sh*t, three posts above this one. Yet here you are, doing the same sh*t still.

EDIT:

"You don't have to throw a tantrum like you did to get your point across and if you got it across the first time then continuously trying to insult the other person with petty comments is pointless, I hope you can understand what I was getting across this time."

Yeah, I guess you're right. If you two aren't going to acknowledge anything and continue to dodge it, you're obviously never going to. I guess I'm done here.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

I think if you read my edit it's clear what I was getting at with my posts, since they seem to be going over your head I can see this is completely pointless and you indeed do lack any reasoning or comprehension skills, good luck here champ.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

YES, Johnny said he wanted to stay away from Ashley. He said he didn't want to help her.

Guess what? He said the same thing in this mission. But, guess what again? He helped her out afterwards. 

The SAME thing probably happened after the end of TLAD. Good god, shouldn't this be clear by now?

Thanks Gta_V_Fan!

No, It's still not, and to be frank my patience is running low.

He HELPS Ashley, Yes, But he dosen't go do drugs with her, If you look at TLAD's ending, It makes no sense

• nobum62 likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

Thanks Gta_V_Fan!

No, It's still not, and to be frank my patience is running low.

He HELPS Ashley, Yes, But he dosen't go do drugs with her, If you look at TLAD's ending, It makes no sense

It makes sense.  He's an addict that has a relapse - with both Ashley and drugs. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:18 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 27 February 2014 - 01:18 AM.

At the end of TLAD, Johnny just killed one of his closest friends turned bad, and watched his Chapter turn into a half-dozen people. He then burned the place he's called home for however long.

He went through a lot.

Once everything's all done, he has 5 years of moving from East Coast to West Coast.

5 years of traveling cross-country with his drug-addicted love. One he cannot stay away from, as shown multiple times.

It makes perfect sense.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

At the end of TLAD, Johnny just killed one of his closest friends turned bad, and watched his Chapter turn into a half-dozen people. He then burned the place he's called home for however long.

He went through a lot.

Once everything's all done, he has 5 years of moving from East Coast to West Coast.

5 years of traveling cross-country with his drug-addicted love. One he cannot stay away from, as shown multiple times.

It makes perfect sense.

If by perfect sense you mean none at all I agree,

and the five year argument is invailid,

While not related, Max Payne went through a hell of a lot more but you don't see him on meth, Do you?

and also, I highly doubt Johnny would get back on drugs with Ashley just because he kills Billy

• nobum62 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:31 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 27 February 2014 - 01:32 AM.

If by perfect sense you mean none at all I agree

Well then, I'm sorry you can't understand simple things. It makes perfect sense. Whether you agree with it or not is a different thing.

HOW!?

While not related, Max Payne went through a hell of a lot more but you don't see him on meth, Do you?

No, I see him drinking his Liver to death and take a lot of pain pills. Different people do different things. That point you tried to make is just...I don't even...

and also, I highly doubt Johnny would get back on drugs with Ashley just because he kills Billy

Why would you highly doubt it? Because you don't want to believe it? Okay.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

Max Payne, the guy addicted to alcohol and painkillers, you mean?  Not every addict is the same, and not every recovery is forever.

Also, Johnny experienced much more trauma than just killing Billy.  He saw his whole world, the brotherhood he believed in, destroyed after been proven a lie.  He lost everything, including the loss of his best friend.  Strange that someone who suggests they're really clued up on the life of Johnny would miss out the torture and death of his best friend. That's kind of a big thing.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:34 AM Edited by cp1dell, 27 February 2014 - 01:34 AM.

He went through a lot.

It makes perfect sense.

"While not related, Max Payne went through a hell of a lot more but you don't see him on meth, Do you?"

No, but he does become an alcoholic and addicted to pain killers. Hahaha.

"The five year argument is invalid"

How come?

"and also, I highly doubt Johnny would get back on drugs with Ashley just because he kills Billy"

Really? Because there is no doubt Johnny used to be into drugs before TLAD. He goes through some traumatic sh*t at the end of TLAD, and for five years he's on the road with Ashley and her peer pressure before GTA V.

You can keep saying that Johnny had no reason to not do drugs, but guess what? There was no reason he should have stayed away from them.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

Max Payne, the guy addicted to alcohol and painkillers, you mean?  Not every addict is the same, and not every recovery is forever.

Also, Johnny experienced much more trauma than just killing Billy.  He saw his whole world, the brotherhood he believed in, destroyed after been proven a lie.  He lost everything, including the loss of his best friend.  Strange that someone who suggests they're really clued up on the life of Johnny would miss out the torture and death of his best friend. That's kind of a big thing.

I think he's just trolling at this point.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

I think he's just trolling at this point.

Here you go again, Anyone who disagrees with you = Troll

He went through a lot.

It makes perfect sense.

"While not related, Max Payne went through a hell of a lot more but you don't see him on meth, Do you?"

No, but he does become an alcoholic and addicted to pain killers. Hahaha.

"The five year argument is invalid"

How come?

"and also, I highly doubt Johnny would get back on drugs with Ashley just because he kills Billy"

Really? Because there is no doubt Johnny used to be into drugs before TLAD. He goes through some traumatic sh*t at the end of TLAD, and for five years he's on the road with Ashley and her peer pressure before GTA V.

You can keep saying that Johnny had no reason to not do drugs, but guess what? There was no reason he should have stayed away from them.

Still not justification if you ask me, Oh, and despite Max being on drugs, He seems fine and dosen't get his head stomped in

Sure, You could say that., But even after the ending of TLAD, he seems fine as if finally accepting it all,  Nothing i saw suggests he would get back on drugs

• nobum62 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

Still not justification if you ask me, Oh, and despite Max being on drugs, He seems fine and dosen't get his head stomped in

Meth=booze and painkillers

You f*cking kidding me man?

And nobody asked you. These are the explanations Rockstar wrote into the game. You people are saying he just randomly turned into a meth addict, when Rockstar wrote in reasons (that we have mentioned multiple times) as to how he came to be like that. Then there's the five year gap where you can just use your imagination, because you're not supposed to be spoon-fed every detail.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Sure, You could say that., But even after the ending of TLAD, he seems fine as if finally accepting it all,  Nothing i saw suggests he would get back on drugs

At the end of TLAD, he has nothing except a few friends (and an ex-girlfriend) who are meth addicts.  He has a gaping hole where his life used to be. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:45 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 27 February 2014 - 01:46 AM.

You completely ignored my points.

I call you a troll because you are flat out refusing to acknowledge something thats plausibility is clear as day.

But keep proving my point further, why don't you? :)

Edit: A word.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

You completely ignored my points.

I call you a troll because you are flat out refusing to acknowledge something thats plausibility is clear as day.

But keep proving my point further, why don't you? :)

Edit: A word.

Yeah, Keep stroking that ego.

I'm not even sure why you attacked me lmao

can't handle a f*cking opinion?

No wonder your name is the master focker

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:52 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 27 February 2014 - 01:52 AM.

What ego, exactly?

"can't handle a f*cking opinion?"

I can handle an opinion just fine.

However, refusing to acknowledge something is just plain ignorance.

Let me repeat myself:

"Whether you agree with it or not is a different thing."

Agreeing/disagreeing with it is an opinion. Failing to acknowledge it is ignorance.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:57 AM Edited by Yogogamer, 27 February 2014 - 01:57 AM.

What ego, exactly?

"can't handle a f*cking opinion?"

I can handle an opinion just fine.

However, refusing to acknowledge something is just plain ignorance.

Let me repeat myself:

"Whether you agree with it or not is a different thing."

Agreeing/disagreeing with it is an opinion. Failing to acknowledge it is ignorance.

At this point, You seem like the troll.

Every time you post you either 

1, act like an asshole

2. stroke dat ego, homie

Failing to acknowledge? You fail to acknowledge GTAV isn't the best game ever as you chalk it up to be. calm down and acknowledge what an opinion is.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 27 February 2014 - 02:05 AM.

At this point, You seem like the troll.

Because you're the one that can't see something right in front of your face?

act like an asshole

Maybe you shouldn't have started it :)

stroke dat ego, homie

Still don't see what ego I'm stroking. I mean, this has absolutely nothing to do with self-esteem.

You fail to acknowledge GTAV isn't the best game ever as you chalk it up to be.

Well, I mean, I never said that. Ever. And GTA V isn't even my GOTY, so don't you look foolish :lol:

calm down and acknowledge what an opinion is.

My god, it's like you don't even read  :facedesk:

Let me repeat it. AGAIN.

"Whether you agree with it or not is a different thing. Agreeing/disagreeing with it is an opinion. Failing to acknowledge it is ignorance."

I also like how you continue to completely ignore every single point Staten, Dell, and I keep bringing to your attention. Keep it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users