Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you drive?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you like to drive? (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Driving options

1. Third Person (123 votes [92.48%])

Percentage of vote: 92.48%

2. Cinematic (2 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

3. First Person (8 votes [6.02%])

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

Call me old fashioned, please do however steady and slow is my prefrence, why you may ask? simpley love the immersive nature of it, how can you enjoy the game from watching things flash you by? simple you can't! i love the fact that cars dont bump into you at the lights, this cators to my play style superbley, the view i use is first person again this is to be fully immersed

thats my opinion thanks Hobs.

I really expected you to say something like: "The proper way, on the left side."

• Wayne Kerr likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

does any notice how GTA is the only openworld/sandbox Genre Franchise that have camera modes and cinematic/first Person for vehicles (just like racing games).anyways i drive with 3rd Person view,but sometime with i love the cimematic i have always dont that since IV.

Both Mafia games have first person view while driving. In the former's case, also while on foot.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

Third person. The game is set up for that, as action often happens next/right behind you, and as the dashcam isn't actual first person, you don't have any mirrors to see behind/it's hard to see to the side. Actual first person is pretty cool, but mirrors are terribly low res, and there's still the huge problem of framerate - which is just horrible in first person.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:49 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 24 February 2014 - 03:52 AM.

does any notice how GTA is the only openworld/sandbox Genre Franchise that have camera modes and cinematic/first Person for vehicles (just like racing games).anyways i drive with 3rd Person view,but sometime with i love the cimematic i have always dont that since IV.

Both Mafia games have first person view while driving. In the former's case, also while on foot.
Alright,what about the Cinematic Cam? btw Mafia started a year after GTA 3 (just saying) notice i didnt say it rip-off or blah blah blah etc.before Redx comes in and start with "oh fanboy,Oh D*ckriding,Blah Blah Blah".

nobum62
  • nobum62

a fat bald dude with a bad temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

I drive in a yellow rhapsody running over peds at five stars screaming "YELLOW CARRRR!" while death metal on LCHC is playing

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

I rock the cinematic view every time.  :cool:

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

I think next gen GTAs should have 5 camera modes instead of the traditional 4,the 5th could be a cockpit view and the hood cam can still be there.Then On-foot should add a optional 4th view (maybe FPS) instead of the traditional 3.I know i have said this before,but that would be cool.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

I think next gen GTAs should have 5 camera modes instead of the traditional 4,the 5th could be a cockpit view and the hood cam can still be there.Then On-foot should add a optional 4th view (maybe FPS) instead of the traditional 3.I know i have said this before,but that would be cool.

Part of me really wants official first person mode from Rockstar, natively built into the game. But the other part of me prefers the modability of a custom camera script because it allows you to do things that the developers didn't initially intend such as FOV modifications or maintaining first person even when the game tries to remove it.

Anyway I hope the PC version comes out soon so modders can get crackin away at it and start righting ASI loaders and script hooks. Can't wait for true first person driving with an Oculus Rift. It's going to be mind blowing.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

Part of me really wants official first person mode from Rockstar, natively built into the game. But the other part of me prefers the modability of a custom camera script because it allows you to do things that the developers didn't initially intend such as FOV modifications or maintaining first person even when the game tries to remove it.

Anyway I hope the PC version comes out soon so modders can get crackin away at it and start righting ASI loaders and script hooks. Can't wait for true first person driving with an Oculus Rift. It's going to be mind blowing.

True bro,hopefully it would eventually be released for PCs,but if it doesnt then V would be the first GTA not to be on PC (but ignore that last line).

Nz_fool
  • Nz_fool

Snitch

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

I'm always in 3rd person and my style is swift and always crashing. lol

ratchet02
  • ratchet02

Player Hater

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

third person and the view turned high on settings

ChrisMathers3501
  • ChrisMathers3501

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

I play first person.  I don't obey traffic laws but I generally try to be professional and limit civilian casualties.  When I first played GTAIV, the driving was SO REALISTIC compared to the 3D era games.  I mean, they were fun and all, but they never really made me want to drive 1st person.  But in GTAIV, it seemed to help a whole Hell of a lot because I had like JUST gotten my driver's license and was taking the car to work every day.

GTAV toned down the realism a little bit, but only to the extent that driving is more FUN.  Of course, they compensated for that by making the damage a bit more realistic with the crumpled wheel wells that would bear hug the tires to death.  But it was still fun being able to control the pitch and yaw of the car while it's flying off the edge of a mountain.  It's as if the player is throwing his torso around in the front seat to influence the weight, even though it wouldn't really do sh*t in real life.

dizdiz
  • dizdiz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by dizdiz, 24 February 2014 - 10:49 AM.

Well that is quite interesting to see so many third person players. I like to switch in-between but I drive the best in first person. I know it cuts out some useful views but it makes it more of a challenge... which is why I win races =D

EDIT: I also have a gaming background with racing games, particularly Need for Speed and I guess that's why I like first person so much.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Low 3rd person always. 1st person is good for trucking.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:53 PM Edited by jatiger13, 24 February 2014 - 03:12 PM.

First person. All you console kiddies with your third person perspective will be exceedingly jealous when I am playing the game in true first person with an Oculus Rift and Logitech G27 and you see my video plastered all over the internet.

1st of all, true first person would be you in the actual car. Like when you drive in real life. That's true first person.
2nd of all, devices like Oculus Rift has been done before. They always fail. And I actually know someone who has been "lucky" enough to try it. He said it was uncomfortable to wear and that its just screens close to your eyes. Nothing special. Its not VR. He was not impressed by it at all and called it overhyped bs. He also said that there are going to be people complaining about getting headaches from using the OR, due to the screens being so close to your eyes, causing extra strain on your eyes.
3rd of all, no matter what devices you use while playing, you'd still be playing the same game.
4th of all, if you are waiting for PC version, that means that you are not playing the game yet. So why are you in a thread about a game that you have not yet played? If it smells like a troll and looks like a troll, it is a troll.

Now OT: I only use 3rd person view. I used to use the cinematic camera a lot in IV, but I only used it once in V

Saturn 3
  • Saturn 3

Crashtest Genius

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

there was not an option to vote all 3! Different vantages work better in some situations (for me). Def. More 3rd person though pulled all the way back, as it allows for the most peripheral view...honestly I miss the gta3 top down option as well. I'm probably the only one though! :-)

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

First person. All you console kiddies with your third person perspective will be exceedingly jealous when I am playing the game in true first person with an Oculus Rift and Logitech G27 and you see my video plastered all over the internet.

1st of all, true first person would be you in the actual car. Like when you drive in real life. That's true first person.
2nd of all, devices like Oculus Rift has been done before. They always fail. And I actually know someone who has been "lucky" enough to try it. He said it was uncomfortable to wear and that its just screens close to your eyes. Nothing special. Its not VR. He was not impressed by it at all and called it overhyped bs. He also said that there are going to be people complaining about getting headaches from using the OR, due to the screens being so close to your eyes, causing extra strain on your eyes.
3rd of all, no matter what devices you use while playing, you'd still be playing the same game.
4th of all, if you are waiting for PC version, that means that you are not playing the game yet. So why are you in a thread about a game that you have not yet played? If it smells like a troll and looks like a troll, it is a troll.

Now OT: I only use 3rd person view. I used to use the cinematic camera a lot in IV, but I only used it once in V

1. True first person... you mean like this? 

2. Sounds like it sucks to be your friend. Hundreds of thousands of people have tried the OR in it's sh*tty dev kit 1 release and fell in love with it. If you are making consumer purchase evaluations on an extremely early development prototype, then you're a sh*tlord as well.

3. The same game... with an entirely different experience. See that video I linked to above? That's the "same game" as GTA IV on consoles. And yet people were saying how it creates a whole new experience in GTA IV. That's a simple FPS mod with the same controls and on a monitor. Imagine the impact seeing the game in stereoscopic 3D with higher field of view and having a beautiful steering wheel and gas/brake pedals as your form of input? Driving will be infinitely more immersive in this manner.

4. Who says I didn't buy it for Xbox 360 and put at least 200 hours into V already? Why just because I am looking forward to playing it again on my PC with amazing accessories? You are likely the troll here bud. And you're probably jelly of what's to come. Don't be mad though, just get a job over the summer and tell your mom you want to save up some money I'm sure she'd be down to drive you to work and help you out.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by jatiger13, 24 February 2014 - 05:34 PM.

1st of all, true first person would be you in the actual car. Like when you drive in real life. That's true first person.
3rd of all, no matter what devices you use while playing, you'd still be playing the same game.

1. True first person... you mean like this? 
2. Sounds like it sucks to be your friend. Hundreds of thousands of people have tried the OR in it's sh*tty dev kit 1 release and fell in love with it. If you are making consumer purchase evaluations on an extremely early development prototype, then you're a sh*tlord as well.
3. The same game... with an entirely different experience. See that video I linked to above? That's the "same game" as GTA IV on consoles. And yet people were saying how it creates a whole new experience in GTA IV. That's a simple FPS mod with the same controls and on a monitor. Imagine the impact seeing the game in stereoscopic 3D with higher field of view and having a beautiful steering wheel and gas/brake pedals as your form of input? Driving will be infinitely more immersive in this manner.
4. Who says I didn't buy it for Xbox 360 and put at least 200 hours into V already? Why just because I am looking forward to playing it again on my PC with amazing accessories? You are likely the troll here bud. And you're probably jelly of what's to come. Don't be mad though, just get a job over the summer and tell your mom you want to save up some money I'm sure she'd be down to drive you to work and help you out.
I didn't watch the video you posted, but I'm guessing its of a game(?). What I mean by true 1st person, I mean real life. That's true 1st person.
I know what you meant when you said it though.

Remember when people thought that 3D TV's were so freaking awesome? That's what might happen with OR. If the price tag is too high, because it'll limit the consumer base. Btw, have they talked about a price?

Ask my mom for money? Why would I? I already have my own house, my own car, a sweet job and I pay my parents mortgage on their new house that I bought for them. Last year I made close to $150,000 after taxes. Money isn't really an issue for me.

Anyways, I'm also a PC gamer. That's what I started gaming on when I was a kid. I will probably buy the OR when it comes out, just to try it. And if I don't like it, I'll give it away to someone.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Wait a minute i hear(read) GTA 3 was the last game in the series to have a 4th on-foot camera modes,Top down is that true?
I read it on GTA Wiki and i also saw it on youtube.I hope the on-foot camera modes introduce a 4th cam maybe FPS (but optional).

Yes that's true. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

Wait a minute i hear(read) GTA 3 was the last game in the series to have a 4th on-foot camera modes,Top down is that true?
I read it on GTA Wiki and i also saw it on youtube.I hope the on-foot camera modes introduce a 4th cam maybe FPS (but optional).

Yes that's true. 

so that means III had 4 on-foot cam modes unlike the 3 that have been in future GTAs?

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

First person is fun but in both 4 and 5 it was a bitch to control. I can Bob and weave like a madman in 3rd which is ironic because in most any racing game I shoot for the hood or bumper cam for quicker response time.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:41 AM

I also enjoy an old fashion every now and then......@_@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users