Quantcast

» «
Photo

How do you drive?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you like to drive? (133 member(s) have cast votes)

Driving options

1. Third Person (123 votes [92.48%])

Percentage of vote: 92.48%

2. Cinematic (2 votes [1.50%])

Percentage of vote: 1.50%

3. First Person (8 votes [6.02%])

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
dizdiz
  • dizdiz

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:33 AM Edited by dizdiz, 23 February 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Simple question, just curious what the turnout would be.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:35 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 23 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.

There's no benefit to first person because the driving is just so sh*te. Even worse, the first-person view is a hood view which I can't imagine ANYONE actually using.

For games like GT I use first-person because it gives a better view of the corner you're on, and the HUD is more conveniently placed in first person.

For GTAV you can just use third-person and still go around corners at high speeds with no skill or fun involved. :)
  • Costar, DrAnomalous, Xx-ADITYA-xX and 1 other like this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

f*cking drunk outta my mind with a Vinewood starlet sucking on my nuts.

• drr26 likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Third person while the camera is set to high or occasionally, I'd use cinematic view when cruising along the freeways while pressing R3 sometimes for the slow-mo effect(forgot about that feature)

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Third person because first person in V sucks.

However, first person was a blast in IV

• Xx-ADITYA-xX, Osho and QuietJosh like this

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 23 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Cinematic is disorienting and first person not only cuts off my 360 view but is also EXTREMELY nauseating, And that is pretty much why I hate the first person perspective in general :S

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

There's no benefit to first person because the driving is just so sh*te. Even worse, the first-person view is a hood view which I can't imagine ANYONE actually using.

For games like GT I use first-person because it gives a better view of the corner you're on, and the HUD is more conveniently placed in first person.

For GTAV you can just use third-person and still go around corners at high speeds with no skill or fun involved. :)

Amen

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

does any notice how GTA is the only openworld/sandbox Genre Franchise that have camera modes and cinematic/first Person for vehicles (just like racing games).anyways i drive with 3rd Person view,but sometime with i love the cimematic i have always dont that since IV.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

I drive like an asshole.

VercettiCrimeFamily
  • VercettiCrimeFamily

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by shiek, 23 February 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Third person I like to see what I'm driving and hitting pedestrians.   :colgate:

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Third Person because I like to be aware of my surroundings tbh

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

For Forza I prefer first person, even in Horizon. In GTA it is subjective. I do not use it in V but I did use it a few times in IV when I drove hard or wanted to see how good a specific car could handle bumps in the road.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

First person. All you console kiddies with your third person perspective will be exceedingly jealous when I am playing the game in true first person with an Oculus Rift and Logitech G27 and you see my video plastered all over the internet.

But hey at least you will be able to see your ricer spoiler and sick chrome paint job.
  • Mightymomo22 likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 23 February 2014 - 10:27 PM.

This is off topic,but GTA have had FPS view and camera modes in vehicles since GTA 3 (circa.2001) 13 years and that was before Forza and PGR existed,but what driving game introduced it?

@LazyBoy
It Fully FPS in Bikes.and the hood view is great in V atleast we can see how mirror in the FPS view unlike in IV.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:23 PM Edited by killahmatic, 23 February 2014 - 10:26 PM.

First person is actually a dash cam or hood cam, not a view from the drivers eye's, so its not really first-person. 

I use third person, middle distance, high camera. I like using the dash cam on helicopters/blimp/airplanes occasionally. Especially the blimp. That's a great sky cam. It moves so slow and steady that you can get up close to anything and get a good view. 

First person. All you console kiddies with your third person perspective will be exceedingly jealous when I am playing the game in true first person with an Oculus Rift and Logitech G27 and you see my video plastered all over the internet.

But hey at least you will be able to see your ricer spoiler and sick chrome paint job.

I've played many games first person and many games 3rd person. Sorry bro, it doesn't make you a better gamer just because you use first person. It does, however, make you arrogant when you refer to it that way. 

• BlackNoise and jatiger13 like this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

This is off topic,but GTA have had FPS view and camera modes in vehicles since GTA 3 (circa.2001) 13 years and that was before Forza and PGR existed,but what driving game introduced it?

@LazyBoy
It Fully FPS in Bikes.and the hood view is great in V atleast we can see how mirror in the FPS view unlike in IV.

What is with you sucking Rockstar's dick with every post?

Every post I see from you is Rockstar did this first or better. Do you have a brain? Why do you follow the company like a sheep? 

• DrAnomalous likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

@LazyBoy

Every post I see from you is Rockstar did this first or better. Do you have a brain? Why do you follow the company like a sheep? 

Wtf is with you using green text?Did you not read my question correctly? i said what driving game first introduced the fps cam?

Tbh Redx dont make me start on you again,you are beginning to act normal and cool,let say that way ;)

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

You must have so much fun playing GTA V like that!

Oh wait...

• BlackNoise likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

Oh wait...

Patience my young jedi. Soon you shall see the ways of the force.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Oh wait...

Patience my young jedi. Soon you shall see the ways of the force.

I hope so, because my PC wants GTA V too.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

With the new driving physics this game has, it's pretty weird to play the game in first person.. I don't know if it's just me but whenever I switch to first person, it feels like I'm driving in GTA IV, which is a bad thing

considering I'm used to the driving in V.

I use third person most of the time as it feels right, and I love viewing my surroundings, I use cinematic at rare moments, especially just to show off when I have friends watching, I turn it off after 5 minutes of driving through the highway.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I drive in third person as I really dont like to drive in first person in GTA V or any GTA game for that matter.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

I drive in third person as I really dont like to drive in first person in GTA V or any GTA game for that matter.

Maybe it's because their first person isn't really first person ;) it's more like bonnet person lol.

BrokenLizard
  • BrokenLizard

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

First person was fun as hell in IV, I drove way smoother.
At first, I liked the first person in V and the view where you can see yourself driving by pressing R3. Then when I actually tried driving like that, I realized I can't see anything behind me.
They should have working mirrors like they said IV was going to have.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:27 AM

I think V revamps the Series' Vehicle Camera Modes,instead of seeing you rear end in FPS like in IV or the 3D Era games,We now see our mirrors,then for bikes the FPS cam is still the same as IV except now when someone is on the bike with you,you can see them unlike IV.But i love the Cinematic Camera,i have always loved it since IV.
  • xxiv435 likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Third, the original first person is annoying and it's difficult to drive. I've seen some mods on youtube, those are awesome.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

@LazyBoy

Trust me you're better of ignoring him completely. He's some braindead fanboy who has only played GTA IV and V in his life it seems and like to copy wiki content here. Completely oblivious to everything that isn't GTA and that doesn't come from gtawiki.

On topic: Third person is my style. GTA doesn't even have a real first person view, instead it's a front bumper or hood view.
But even in games that do have actual third person view, it's even worse than hood view for me, as there's less screen space available so generally I prefer the freedom of view and seeing thing's from a wider perspective. 
Though I did like to play 18 Wheels of Steel in first person.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Wait a minute i hear(read) GTA 3 was the last game in the series to have a 4th on-foot camera modes,Top down is that true?
I read it on GTA Wiki and i also saw it on youtube.I hope the on-foot camera modes introduce a 4th cam maybe FPS (but optional).

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

@Dope
I play IV,TLAD,TBoGT and V.i also played a downloaded version of SA from Xbox Live. and i have watched every GTA history videos and i am always reading articles from GTA Wiki (The Franchise's Holy Bible).Wikipedia is a reliable source as long as it provides sources and references.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

Call me old fashioned, please do however steady and slow is my prefrence, why you may ask? simpley love the immersive nature of it, how can you enjoy the game from watching things flash you by? simple you can't! i love the fact that cars dont bump into you at the lights, this cators to my play style superbley, the view i use is first person again this is to be fully immersed

thats my opinion thanks Hobs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users