Photo

Don't Ya Just Hate It When....

34 replies to this topic
BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:37 AM Edited by BaM BooZeLLed, 23 February 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Share some things that bug you that other drivers do on a day to day basis. 

Heres my situation from last night when we ran to the store real fast.
When you park especially far to the side for extra clearance when you can and someone has to park right next to you anyway.

Blurry pic Im on the left and they parked over my line with no reason to.

7f3e431d-98dc-45c8-be41-32a6a00a9207_zps

(Fixed Im so sorry everyone)

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Why would they bother parking right next to the person on the other side and then leave tons of space on your side? They parked in the middle, between two other vehicles, and left what looks like equal amounts of space on both sides. You've still got tons of space. I don't see what the problem is here.

• epoxi and Ex Hellraiser like this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

It really bugs me when people don't even try to use proper grammar.

As far as the road goes, turn signals are a big peeve. But that goes for a lot of people. I'm also frequently bothered by people who don't seem to get the concept of the acceleration/deceleration lane on the highways. You are trying to merge with a traffic going 70mph, and then there is some asshole in front of you who can't find his accelerator pedal.

Speaking of speeds on the highway, I can completely understand if you're not in a hurry and are holding 65-70 in the 70mph zone. I also understand that some people don't care much about fines and really need to get somewhere, so they go 65-70 while going through a 50mph construction zone. But if it's you in both cases, you're just an asshole. If you really have somewhere to be and you don't care about being pulled over, do your 80-85 in 70 as well. And if you're not in the hurry, or you aren't feeling confident driving 80-85 on a clear road, the slow the f*ck down in construction zone.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

I really hate people who fail to use turn indicators in roundabouts: This is both dangerous and slows down traffic. Also, when you're on a priority road and someone drives toward a junction at a very high speed. This causes you to brake in fear that despite the law, they won't stop. This is also dangerous and slows the flow of traffic.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

Middle Lane Morons.

Enough said.
  • XJpostman likes this

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by epoxi, 23 February 2014 - 01:19 PM.

I hate unreasonable tailgaters.

I don't have a problem with drivers overtaking me or cutting me up (I give them benefit of the doubt, everyone is in a rush sometimes). I don't have a problem with pushing me on the motorway if I'm slower than the flow of traffic (it's only fair), but...

Sitting on my backside on a busy single-carriageway road when I'm at the legal speed limit isn't going to do anything for anyone. If you want to overtake me, do it, I'll even pull to the side for you to make it easier. But if you think I'm going to risk a ticket just because you're 2 metres behind me, you're wrong. Step up or step off.

• fireguy109 likes this

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:11 PM Edited by BaM BooZeLLed, 23 February 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Why would they bother parking right next to the person on the other side and then leave tons of space on your side? They parked in the middle, between two other vehicles, and left what looks like equal amounts of space on both sides. You've still got tons of space. I don't see what the problem is here.

You are suppose to park in between the lines.

The picture doesnt do it justice, the car on the far right was in the middle of their spot. He should have park in the middle of his or slightly to the left but chose to come over the line into my spot almost close enough to door me (May have been close enough) and left a lot of space on the other side between him and far right. Plus this isnt the first time its happened to me. 

Also bugs me when I park out in the middle of no where and somebody has to park right up next to me.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Sitting on my backside on a busy single-carriageway road when I'm at the legal speed limit isn't going to do anything for anyone. If you want to overtake me, do it, I'll even pull to the side for you to make it easier. But if you think I'm going to risk a ticket just because you're 2 metres behind me, you're wrong. Step up or step off.

That reminds me, people who drive 3-4 in a row without spaces in between on a single lane road which allows overtaking on the on-coming. If somebody in front of you is driving slower than you, either overtake them, or leave some space between you and that car. You won't get where you are going faster by driving two car lengths closer to the car that's holding everyone. And it's difficult enough overtaking 1 car safely sometimes. When you drive in a dense column, you are making it difficult for everyone else to overtake safely.

Worst offenders by far in the States are on the Oversaeas Highway in the Keys. And then people get surprised that so many cars get wrecked on that road.
  • epoxi likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:49 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 24 February 2014 - 05:49 AM.

ain't that just the worst?

I bet you that they're are people who still don't even realize that theirs a difference between the meaning of the word 'there' depending on the context. just makes me so angry.

as for vehicle related annoyances; my single biggest pet peeve are drivers who simply do not understand how to park.

SO MANY people seem to be utter sh*te for parking in almost any context whether it's slip spaces or parallel. no room for doors to open, outside the lines, too far from the curb, the list goes on. parking comes so naturally to me and my car isn't necessarily compact either. most people I have to assume are either retarded or completely lack the patience to give their whip a nice alignment when pulling into a spot.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

I hate unreasonable tailgaters.

I remember when driving a van from the Danish equivalent of 'Rent a Wreck', and some guy was tailgating me through some small towns.  I decided to piss him off by slowing down to just below the speed limit, and whenever a traffic light turned amber, I would stop.  I was driving a wreck, I didn't care if he rammed into me.  But well, he never did hit me, but he didn't look happy once a second lane finally emerged.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, there is just no reason to tailgate someone like that. If it bothers you that much, just pass. It's just as illegal as tail-gating, and is probably safer in general. And if there is no opportunity to pass because of heavy traffic, odds are, even if you could get in front of somebody driving slower than you, you'd just be stuck behind another car.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

-When people take up two parking spaces, especially if your car isn't even big. 
-People who cut in front of you and make you have to slam on your brakes
-People who cut in front of you and then go incredibly slow
-Soccer moms who think they own the road in their mini vans
-People who stay way to close to the back of your car
-Drivers that honk at EVERYTHING

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

What I hate the most, or at least encounter on a daily basis on my commute, is when idiots drive in the overtaking lane going the same speed as the other lanes. If you're not going to overtake, get your ass back out of the overtaking lane. It's so common over here that you'll see more people overtaking on the right than they do on the left. Also rolling roadblocks. 3 or 4 abreast going at the same goddamn speed. I wish nothing but death and hellfire on those who do that. 

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

I started this topic on another forum I frequent. He said he went to class and came out to this guy parked right next to him, he had to climb through the passenger side to get in.

HQ77.jpg

• Muscleracer likes this

anus
  • anus

#bhq

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

I started this topic on another forum I frequent. He said he went to class and came out to this guy parked right next to him, he had to climb through the passenger side to get in.
HQ77.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I probably would have broken something on his car. What a f*ck wad.

And nobody tell me about not touching another persons car. I don't care, that's pure asshattery.
  • Sting4S and Muscleracer like this

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

I've noticed that on occasion Honda Civics park impossibly close to me such that even their driver's door can't be opened, but then I figured out why:

130_0405_09z%2BHonda_Civic%2BCenter_Cons

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:45 PM Edited by StingrayX, 24 February 2014 - 07:49 PM.

lol :)

On Black Friday we were at JCPenny's around 06:00 AM and we parked far out with no other cars around. Well, when we came back, a GMC SUV was parked so close to us and they were getting out of the car right when we were arriving. Honestly, what is the point of parking so close to somebody even though they took the effort to park so far out? Pure asshatery? If it were my car, I would have keyed that car up.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

There is a main road in my city that leads West. It goes from two lanes into one, and you get every bastard in the wrong lane cutting across you (or trying to) 

That type of selfishness got to me a lot

Used to annoy me when I had a car.

anus
  • anus

#bhq

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

I've noticed that on occasion Honda Civics park impossibly close to me such that even their driver's door can't be opened, but then I figured out why:

130_0405_09z%2BHonda_Civic%2BCenter_Cons

I don't get it.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

It really bugs me when drivers don't use their friggin' turn signals.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

http://image.superst...terior_View.jpg

I don't get it.

The gear stick is mounted on the centre console so it's really easy to switch between passenger and driver seats.

anus
  • anus

#bhq

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

That's what I thought it was, but that seemed retarded to me.
  • XJpostman likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

I'm not going to lie, I probably would have broken something on his car. What a f*ck wad.

And nobody tell me about not touching another persons car. I don't care, that's pure asshattery.

when I was younger I would have keyed the side of someones car for being that terrible at parking...

and I did. at least more than once.

can't bring myself to do it anymore.

I've calmed down a lot as a driver. I let a lot of road rage go. it's not worth it. MOST people are just f*cking sh*tty drivers and that's the reality of it. as long as nobody is literally crashing into me, I'll drive with a lot more leisure than I did from 16 to my early 20s.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

There are times, that if I'm driving the Ranger (which I don't care about being keyed), and someone is really parked over the line on their driver side, I will park right next to their door, forcing them to have to climb through the passenger side. 

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

People that try to pass like ten cars within 200 feet when a two lane street turns into a single lane. Whenever people try to do that, I make sure that he/she does not cut in front of me. Why can't people be more patient?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

There are times, that if I'm driving the Ranger (which I don't care about being keyed), and someone is really parked over the line on their driver side, I will park right next to their door, forcing them to have to climb through the passenger side. 

do you care if I just stab your tires with my pocket knife?

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

do you care if I just stab your tires with my pocket knife?

Probably as much as I'd care if you parked over the line into my spot. So very much so. I'm basically talking the opposite of the trans am pic posted above. If you're coming over drastically into the other space, then you deserve to be parked extremely close to. 

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by BaM BooZeLLed, 27 February 2014 - 08:38 PM.

I hate when Im just passing a slower car on the freeway and as soon as I merge to start my pass they speed up. I think its funny when the people in the new model hondas do it cause their speedometers or so large I can read their speed from my car, and watch it rise as I start passing them...

• Carlover325 likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:11 AM

It bugs me when ass wipes park their god damn cars in the handicap parking with out a handicap permit. Mother truckers deserve every door ding on their cars. Alone with the 1000 dollar fine the boot on their car or it being in a impond lot
  • BaM BooZeLLed likes this

Carlover325
  • Carlover325

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:51 AM Edited by Carlover325, 03 March 2014 - 07:51 AM.

I can't stand when somebody changes into my lane going slower than me and force me to slow down.  I really don't care if I get cut off, but only if they are going faster.

I hate when people use the passing lane as a driving lane and refuse to get over when you obviously want to pass them.

My main pet peeve is people who don't use their turn signals.  Especially when they're turning into a parking lot.

• BaM BooZeLLed likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users