The Story DLC: A Prologue?

37 replies to this topic
PeriodZeroHero
  • PeriodZeroHero

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Franklin needs to wise up and return himself to the streets where his life will always be in danger every day on a regular basis it beats sitting round in a big ass house with little to do, be better to hangout with L. and shoot at cops and all sorts of hooligans for a living.

I fart in yours too, Sir and approve of this thread.

tbh if he went back to the street life it wouldn't really be "wising up". By the end of the game he is living quite comfortably.

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

That guy from that thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

Franklin needs to wise up and return himself to the streets where his life will always be in danger every day on a regular basis it beats sitting round in a big ass house with little to do, be better to hangout with L. and shoot at cops and all sorts of hooligans for a living.

I fart in yours too, Sir and approve of this thread.

tbh if he went back to the street life it wouldn't really be "wising up". By the end of the game he is living quite comfortably.

I don't think he means that Franklin should go back to being a gangbanger after the story.

Paul Marz
  • Paul Marz

Rockstar Fanatic

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has thought of this idea as for a campaign DLC. I would freakin love to see a DLC that gives all 3 protagonist a playable background story. I know it may be a bit too late to talk about this kind of topic but I just couldn't help to do a bit of research and check out if there were anyone else who's have had the same fantasy (as I would call it.)

Just imagining a prequel story that takes place during the year 1988 in Carcer City where Micheal Townley accomplishes his first score along with all the drama that comes along with his journey that includes, his soon to be wife, Amanda, which who always so happens to be fighting and arguing over Micheal's affairs with strippers and hookers which inflicts a post dramatic relationship. Personally, I've imagined this scene would play out in some local strip-club with 80s music hits playing in the background (Bizzare Love Triangle by New Order - for example) and from then on he ends up meeting Trevor Phillips when he has hit rock bottom which only builds Trevor's loyalty and over-obsessive friendship with Micheal. Of course during the year 1988 Franklin Clinton would only be a new-born infant so this may cancel him out of the story but maybe this will give the DLC the advantage to add Brad to the early journey of their relationship and it's all downhill from there. Since there has been talk about multi-city settings features in Grand Theft Auto V, well maybe this can be a way to introduce this kind of feature where you can travel from Carcer City to Liberty City to North Yankton. 
 Now that Micheal and Trevor's story will be fulfilled, let's not forget about Franklin Clinton's background. Of course the location setting will take place in Los Santos but in my opinion the most suitable time setting would take place during the year 2008 (the same year during the events of Grand Theft Auto IV) where Franklin has reached the age of 20 or 21. Now in this prequel the playable characters perhaps may be Franklin, Lamar and possibly "Stretch" Gang-banging is still at a rise due to retro broken treaties between the Grove Street Families and the Ballas. This prequel DLC will be all about being a hood gang-banging gangsta. Of course there will be betrayals and drama between the three but also good times in the hood. (and because I'm getting the impression that Rockstar is going the kill off the other main protagonist in GTA IV, maybe Luis Lopez will have an appearance only to be killed by one of these 3) I would have named this fantasy DLC  "BACK IN THE DAY"

I hope this may NOT be the only type of campaign DLC Rockstar will be planning on publishing for their most loyal fans. I too have had the same assumption where the next DLC will take place right after the Death Wish option (option C) in the original main campaign, where Don Percival decides to take revenge to the trio for intervening with his high-end business, Weng Cheng Jr. decides to avenge his father's death in honor to his family and the triad organization, Dave Norton being exposed to helping out 2 of the most wanted criminals of America and finally Karen (Michelle) who digs into more of her research of the death of her boss of the IAA. This will only have these 3 characters absolutely no where to run or hide so they all three must leave Los Santos to San Fierro/ Las Venturas or they could just face em all head on (it could go either way until we get to finally find out for ourselves)
I would have named this DLC "CUTTING LOOSE ENDS"

Then this final DLC just seems a bit too crazy to post about but, whatthehell, it has come to mind several times before. Well everyone remembers the great masterpiece Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. Well just what if Rockstar will be finally be able to add something like this to a Grand Theft Auto installment. Now throughout the whole original campaign of Grand Theft Auto V, there will always be talk about how the apocalypse is coming soon and how everything will come to an end, well could this possibly be teasers and foreshadowing of a possible DLC that will include aliens, zombies (due to government nerve gas), inmate lunatics, government droid cyborgs, Merryweather and lone survivors/savages breaking out into conflict and transforming the whole map into an apocalyptic war-zone. This shall also bring the mysterious cults to life such as the Epsilonists, Altruist and Omega himself which will finally allow them to play a major role into the Grand Theft Auto V campaign. Though I wouldn't expect the 3 original main protagonists to be the main playable characters in this story but perhaps new fresh faces, possibly a female protagonist. I could only imagine so much of this kind of this fantasy but a fan can dream. . . 
I would have named this DLC "GRAND THEFT APOCALYPSE"

welp that's all i had to say. I know i wrote a lot but as a crazed Rockstar fanatic, I couldn't help myself but to share these ideas to this forum.
Honestly I've been meaning to post these ideas on here a long time ago but had only just signed up today. 
I just hope Rockstar Games notices this forum. That would truly be a dream come true. 

Dosser
  • Dosser

I'd rather be asleep.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

I would make as many human sacrifices as needed for some North Yankton prologue DLC.

• temi4328 likes this

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

I would make as many human sacrifices as needed for some North Yankton prologue DLC.

Yet rockstar have been hush for around two years. What do up you think of the tour the "boyz" are going on next week? Surely content V related must be coming. Why would they be meeting fans THREE years after the games release? They could have done it this Time last year or this time two years ago. I personally think rockstar will release the story DLC sometime between now and fall of next year to keep us busy.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

I don't understand why you guys can't let this go already.

Dosser
  • Dosser

I'd rather be asleep.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:32 PM Edited by Dosser, 19 October 2016 - 01:33 PM.

Yet rockstar have been hush for around two years. What do up you think of the tour the "boyz" are going on next week? Surely content V related must be coming. Why would they be meeting fans THREE years after the games release? They could have done it this Time last year or this time two years ago. I personally think rockstar will release the story DLC sometime between now and fall of next year to keep us busy.

I think I recall some teasing from the "boyz" on their social media about being back in the studio and stuff in the past, though I can't remember when.

I would love to think that this tour is a good omen for incoming single player content but by now it feels like Rockstar have given up on single player. Back in the good ol' days the new vehicles from the updates would be made available to purchase in single player too but they don't even do that anymore since they can't shake down the SP crowd for Shark Card money.

Ultimately I'll be living in hope of single player content until they announce GTA VI because I'm a bloody idiot.  :sui:

• Summertime and temi4328 like this

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:56 PM Edited by temi4328, 19 October 2016 - 05:04 PM.

I don't understand why you guys can't let this go already.

I just think it makes sense that it is coming.
1.The tour-self explanatory
2. Take two said rockstar would reveal new "projects" soon. RDR2 was already announced and online updates are meant to go till spring so why not release story DLC that is still widely demanded and close the V chapter and focus on RDR2 then whatever comes after it.
3.Demand is overwhelming.
4. Why would they scrap/not release a money maker?
  • beretta-gt88, Summertime and Dosser like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users