IV vs TLAD Biker Models

40 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Anyone else wondered why they made the lost members look more like normal people in leather jackets as opposed to the badass outlaw looking bikers we had in the vanilla game?

Why go from this:

800px-Lost_and_Jim.jpg

to this:

TLaDBROTHERHOODfinal.png

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

1) They needed to differentiate from the AoD, and I think they really capitalized on the distinctions well.

The AoD are a parody of the Hell's Angels: California born and raised. Redneck style flannel shirts with grimy, patch-loaded vests and beards.

The Lost are a parody of the second biggest 1% club in America, Outlaws MC. Born and raised in Chicago, they take on this more "modern, urban" look. It's f*cking cold in the city, so... jackets! Also, no need to prove what a bad-ass Dennis Hopper stereotype you are, just wear what makes you comfy. Brian's dumb librarian glasses, Jim's camo pants and down jacket, etc.

2) They had to make a sh*t ton of models for TLaD. You don't run into bikers often in Niko's story, so there's little obligation to differentiate. I rarely see the same guy twice at the Lost clubhouse in TLaD because they had to make 200 models or what-have-you, which I think at the end of the day is a good thing. I'm fun with them having simple cuts and features if it's made up for in number. (Though, it would have been nice if they kept the back patch and rockers consistent for all the Lost members, it's pretty unrealistic that so many of them would just be walking around in plain t-shirts and blank denim vests.)

• Nonpareil1983, GuerrilleroESP, Im2akillerfish and 4 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

That makes sense. I never looked into their real-life counterparts.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by LancerG2, 20 March 2014 - 09:18 PM.

1) They needed to differentiate from the AoD, and I think they really capitalized on the distinctions well.

The AoD are a parody of the Hell's Angels: California born and raised. Redneck style flannel shirts with grimy, patch-loaded vests and beards.

The Lost are a parody of the second biggest 1% club in America, Outlaws MC. Born and raised in Chicago, they take on this more "modern, urban" look. It's f*cking cold in the city, so... jackets! Also, no need to prove what a bad-ass Dennis Hopper stereotype you are, just wear what makes you comfy. Brian's dumb librarian glasses, Jim's camo pants and down jacket, etc.

2) They had to make a sh*t ton of models for TLaD. You don't run into bikers often in Niko's story, so there's little obligation to differentiate. I rarely see the same guy twice at the Lost clubhouse in TLaD because they had to make 200 models or what-have-you, which I think at the end of the day is a good thing. I'm fun with them having simple cuts and features if it's made up for in number. (Though, it would have been nice if they kept the back patch and rockers consistent for all the Lost members, it's pretty unrealistic that so many of them would just be walking around in plain t-shirts and blank denim vests.)

Yeah not to mention most of the lost bikers looked "Younger" and a little more well in shape. The AOD bikers differentiate by being old, scruffier and meth riddled and not to mention, racist as sh*t.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by B Dawg, 20 March 2014 - 09:34 PM.

The models are pretty good. Got pretty used to them. The only problem I had was that I got the sh*tty ones while playing Club Business on PS3. But I still don't like the 'pretty face' skinny bikers though.

^ I like the one in your avatar.

• Drunken Cowboy and LancerG2 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

The models are pretty good. Got pretty used to them. The only problem I had was that I got the sh*tty ones while playing Club Business on PS3. But I still don't like the 'pretty face' skinny bikers though.

Better than the fat f*cks with the sh*tty patches you would never see in a club...

Hey, to get any model with an actual patch in club business is pretty hard.

• LancerG2 likes this

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

You sir, deserve a like for your TLAD knowledge. Also, I f*cking love your signature. F*ck Trevor and f*ck Rockstar killing Johnny.

• Drunken Cowboy, Niobium and LancerG2 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

You sir, deserve a like for your TLAD knowledge. Also, I f*cking love your signature. F*ck Trevor and f*ck Rockstar killing Johnny.

pretty unrealistic that so many of them would just be walking around in plain t-shirts and blank denim vests.)

Hardly TLaD knowledge, just a minimal investment in the biker world...

But yeah, I have invested an ungodly amount of time in this game...

• gunziness likes this

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:23 AM Edited by LancerG2, 25 March 2014 - 08:34 AM.

Yeah.

Face tattoo. :O

Also here is a comparison between the two face to face.

gta_4_the_lost_and_damned_8.jpg

Notice beta Jim? :3

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

Plus, I just noticed when screwing around with the player models today.

The AoD are all a lot older than your average Lost member, long beards, thinning grey hair, etc.

Just another way to emphasize that the deadbeats are a bunch of racist old-timer pricks. The Lost, in terms of bikers anyway, seem more cleaned-up and young as a whole.

The AoD also seem more typical of the American biker... the Lost seem more like 1950's-80's London leatherboys (England's first "greaser" stereotype) and punk rockers (mohawks, face tattoos, tons of piercings, shaved heads with random long strains of hair, neon colors on clothes, etc.). Just R* seeing things through European glasses again. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

It would have been interesting to see all the regular Lost bikers dissapear from the club after the events of 'End Of Chapter' and be replaced by the hardcore bikers from gangwars (they look badass) and maybe more regular non-Lost peds, as a result of killing all of the 'Weekend bikers not involved in Club Business' and asskissers that sided with Brian/Billy.

Why didn't they do that :( It would have been perfect for the story.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

It would have been interesting to see all the regular Lost bikers dissapear from the club after the events of 'End Of Chapter' and be replaced by the hardcore bikers from gangwars (they look badass) and maybe more regular non-Lost peds, as a result of killing all of the 'Weekend bikers not involved in Club Business' and asskissers that sided with Brian/Billy.

Why didn't they do that :( It would have been perfect for the story.

I think, looking at the files and just noticing what I've noticed, the gang wars bikers are there own class and there's a whole bunch of ped bikers who are just around to hang in the clubhouse and act in missions like End of Chapter. It would have been cool to maybe see some fresh models from the untalked about Broker chapter, maybe even relocate to the clubhouse there after Brian's coupe. 

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

formerly LeopardGecko

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by LeopardGecko, 27 June 2014 - 12:37 PM.

I´m sorry for bringing the old thread back and I know this is the thread about GTA 4 and TLAD,but I´m interested why do some members  of the Lost MC in GTA 5 wear a different patch,like this guy:

LostMC-UnofficialPatch-GTAV.jpg

Is he maybe a supporter or a prospect,or is that an alternative patch?Also,were there any members with that patch in TLAD(I haven´t played it yet)?

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

Leopard
Every lost member seems to have an eagle on their backs as a patch, simple as that. The eagle model differs from one another. Notice Clay's or Terry's patch... they are different from each other and from Jhonny's.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

formerly LeopardGecko

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I did notice that in TLAD some members have black and white patch(like Johnny),while some have a patch in color with the brown eagle(like Jim),but this guy in GTA 5 has completely different shape of patch.

He should have something like this http://img4.wikia.no...st_Insignia.png or this https://encrypted-tb...3W-Oh_muW5VtRyq

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

It could be something with Rockstars inconsistency as to why there are different patches.

Cheers.

Phil Collin
  • Phil Collin

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

Loved to play as the guy to Johnny´s left in online he was big as a house i was running around and dropping people here and there.

GuerrilleroESP
  • GuerrilleroESP

RICK, Treasurer [The Lost MC] -Men of Mayhem-

• The Lost MC
  • None

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:22 AM Edited by GuerrilleroESP, 19 August 2015 - 10:24 AM.

That patch is represented on GTA IV TLaD too, if you use trainer or walk arround the club at diferents hours you can saw it. As a biker cult enthusiast i understand that as a different rank type, ( anyways is a rockstar creation ) I see it as support patch like the 81 on HA or the AAO from the Outlaws, in TLaD you can spot members clothes with different patch supports or prospect banners.

On another side, if anyone ride on PC and love the american steel and TLMC brotherhood contact with me and join ours, think B Dawg and Drunken Cowboy got my invitation, ride hard amigos !

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

cringe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:57 AM

I think both are pretty solid.
Looking up pics of the Outlaws MC, I see a lot of comfy tactical/casual clothing. In IV they resemble your stereotypical biker bros, which is also fine. Hell, you see a lot of those bearded tattoo boys in TLaD as well.
Just as an example, take this picture:
DSCF0123.JPG

I like to thing you could call the East Coast chapters of The Lost more 'sophisticated' (dare I say it) than the ones in SA, anyway.
  • GuerrilleroESP likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:04 AM

The only TLAD biker models I don't like is the first two (m_y_glost1 and 2), bunch of skinny prettyfaced bitches that somehow made it into GTA V, the rest look tough and awesome.

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

cringe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:08 AM

The only TLAD biker models I don't like is the first two (m_y_glost1 and 2), bunch of skinny prettyfaced bitches that somehow made it into GTA V, the rest look tough and awesome.

What do they look like?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 August 2015 - 01:00 PM Edited by B Dawg, 19 August 2015 - 01:03 PM.

5766-gta-4-the-lost-and-damned.jpg

The guy on the left and middle (though they are 2 variations of the same model, there is another model that looks very similar but couldn't find the picture). They look so out of place compared to literally every other biker ped in such a hardcore biker gang like The Lost MC.

GuerrilleroESP
  • GuerrilleroESP

• The Lost MC
  • None

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:58 AM Edited by GuerrilleroESP, 20 August 2015 - 07:59 AM.

In TLaD The Lost are represented much better than IV and V; why ?, cause these other games don't follow a deep story with them, (GTA V have much to be with they than GTA IV) While we still with any DLC or game taking them as protagonist, we are gonna still watching The Lost arround as simple gang on the city, like the Ballas or Vagos.

Also in TLaD, The lost models glost_1 and g_lost 2 was ones of my favourites ! They make the different with the AoD on that. G_lost_2 is the model you can find on the 2nd floor, next to the Memorial playing cards as a dealer.
  • Mr. Fartenhate likes this

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

cringe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

The guy on the left and middle (though they are 2 variations of the same model, there is another model that looks very similar but couldn't find the picture). They look so out of place compared to literally every other biker ped in such a hardcore biker gang like The Lost MC.

They look fine to me. Once again, they resemble the biker crew from my previous picture.

DSCF0123.JPG

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:30 AM Edited by B Dawg, 20 August 2015 - 10:33 AM.

I guess I'm the only one that likes my bikers to be buff, serious that look like they've been through a lot of sh*t, battle-hardened. You'd normally expect these kinda guys to be the only ones left after the Alderney chapter falls apart (they are your backup in Gang Wars by the way and in the final mission)

rQRqBjY.png

Mr. Fartenhate
  • Mr. Fartenhate

cringe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

Nah man, both look fine.
I like to think those "pretty-faces" are the Broker chapter, while the buff ones go to Alderney.

GuerrilleroESP
  • GuerrilleroESP

• The Lost MC
  • None

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:30 PM

There is Shiest B. one of our patched members rolling as a prospect ( on this pic ) in GTA TLaD years ago :

UXsLZbj.png

Do you think he dosn't look as a biker ? I think they put that model as new members on the club or just to represent the young biker enthusiats

There is another ones from my crew in the old times...

rd3IWjg.png

sJN4swz.png

GvcL7LN.png

- SNT -

• Shiest Bubble, Majestic81 and Mr. Fartenhate like this

Shiest Bubble
  • Shiest Bubble

Snitch

• The Lost MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:00 PM

^^ Hey it's me!

I think in TLAD they made the The Lost bikers resemble a more stereotypical cinema biker archetype to add emphasis to the expansion and help define them. They have them on custom show choppers, listening to death metal and looking a bit gothic, whereas American bikers in real life are a lot more redneck than they are hardcore. In Vanilla IV, The Lost more closely resembled the Angels of Death with confederate flag bandanas, more typical leathers and rode more traditional bikes. My theory is that most players would think that is boring so they upped the ante and gave The Lost a more extreme flare.

• Majestic81, GuerrilleroESP and ProKiller93 like this

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

Dead By Dawn!! Dead By Dawn!!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:19 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 23 August 2015 - 08:15 PM.

You have a weird definiton of pretty boy Dawg, he doesn't looks like the classical kneeface biker but more as a young prospect who probably gets bullied by other bikers, not so out of place IMO.
  • GuerrilleroESP likes this

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:31 AM

This is the best f*cking model ever.

Buck-TLAD-memorial.jpg

Best voice and punchlines too if you play with the trainer.

• Shiest Bubble, B Dawg and GuerrilleroESP like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users