Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone else intentionally get bountied?

61 replies to this topic
sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

I recently started doing this when I felt like getting into a freeroam fight.  I steal car after car until one of the NPCS puts a bounty on me.  Then I only have to  wait about 30 seconds before a white dot comes my way.

I'm lazy, so this is an easy way to get into a shootout without me needing to chase people.  I also get the advantage of being set up at a good vantage point by the time people come over to claim the bounty.

Eventually they kill me and drive away, but then I just get another bounty and send them a friendly text asking them to come on over.

Anyone else like to do this?

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

i do it and then hide at this secret-ish building at the end of the airport

they mostly give up trying to find me but when they do find where i am, the whole joint explodes in a mess of sticky bombs :>>

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 22 February 2014 - 09:46 PM.

heres why i realized this works. its usually the more likely to be bad players / low levels who come after the bounties.

and your prepared for it so its fairly easy to get a good amount of kills in before you lose the bounty.

i played with some crew members one day and the 3 of us sat in the barbershop glitch after putting bounties on each other.

the noobs seemed clueless and kept coming and coming.

every once in a while ill try and beat the bounty by camping in diff spots where i can be killed, but have a fair advantage. garage roofs ect... top of weasel towers in a chopper, then make them come with choppers and shoot em down lol...

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

Now Includes Respect List

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by Killzone3265, 22 February 2014 - 09:43 PM.

i played with some crew members one day and the 3 of us sat in the barbershop glitch after putting bounties on each other.

douchebag(s)

• meatrocket8, JoeMamma, Cornbat and 5 others like this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by malcolmfunktion, 22 February 2014 - 09:49 PM.

heres why i realized this works. its usually the more likely to be bad players / low levels who come after the bounties.
and your prepared for it so its fairly easy to get a good amount of kills in before you lose the bounty.

I entered a session with 3 lads doing exactly this...after minding my own business for a while I jumped in the barber shop and shot the 3 of them...then I left sticky bombs in there and parachuted a block away...they went straight back haha

Was this you?

Edit: yes OP I love having a bounty on my...I usually get someone I know to put one on me...I love the chase :)

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

i cant deny that its a douchebag move, but its not some original idea... i see it frequently

I entered a session with 3 lads doing exactly this...after minding my own business for a while I jumped in the barber shop and shot the 3 of them...then I left sticky bombs in there and parachuted a block away...they went straight back haha

Was this you?

lol irony but no... we jumped in the dead zone hole that spawns you back before the bountys were over.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:51 PM Edited by Mr.Faustin, 22 February 2014 - 09:54 PM.

Oh yes. 
I just call Lester to find me a car and not return it.

Fuzzyfomo
  • Fuzzyfomo

That one guy...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Other people put bounties on me for no particular reason. When that happens, I usually hide in a wallbreach and stay there until they give up looking for me.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

Other people put bounties on me for no particular reason. When that happens, I usually hide in a wallbreach and stay there until they give up looking for me.

Ah, so you're a pussy.

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

douchebag(s)

What he said!

terrywin
  • terrywin

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

I had great fun last night when some random person put a bounty on me and 5-6 of a crew where chasing me in my Entity .. I must have went through 35 sticky bombs (yes I reloaded with Lester off radar), killed them all atleast twice and their PV's .. for them to finally kill me 50 minutes later to find out the bounty was only for $1,000. I got really good at setting up those stickies at intersections.. most fun I've had in GTAO :)

xxBAshaggyxx
  • xxBAshaggyxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Me and my friends go on the train and put bounties on each other and wait. It's fun but we are kinda easy to kill never make it more than 10 mins

simonjoe_nz
  • simonjoe_nz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

I like getting bounties then go get my tank. Just sit under a bridge to deter roof snipers and watch for the white dots coming my way. Aim the cannon in there direction and wait. Love the "oh f**k its a tank" don't always shoot first, unless its a super car of course.
  • terrywin likes this

GERM!
  • GERM!

@

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

i love getting a bounty and driving round in the sewers, people are clueless as to where i am and drive round aimlessly above me lmfao, either that or i camp at the cul de sac near el burro heights on top of a house where i have a good advantage and try outlive the bounty  :D

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

kept coming and coming.

That's what SHE said!

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Yes

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

Yep, its becoming a normal thing for me now.

1. Get a bounty put on me.(NPC or player)
2. Grab a chopper
3. Parachute into the AA building and/or go in a rooftop and enjoy the show.

Lame and pathetic...
  • Ethereal_NYC and fw3 like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

... Eventually they kill me and drive away.

I've been doing this for a long time. During the money-gifting era of 2013, people weren't so easily tempted by a standing bounty blip. 

But now, since the great Purge of 2014, bounty blips cause some players to tinkle with anticipation of capturing a $1k–$9k reward.

The only difference for me is your comment above, where they eventually kill you. I don't usually let that happen. It only happens when several players come to collect.

Then it just gets a little crazy while they all start killing each other! 

Woo ha, got you all in check! 

busta.jpg

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:31 PM Edited by JoeMamma, 22 February 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Anyone else find it quite f*cking ironic that the guy's name is H8Godmode, and he sits in a wallglitch so others can't get him??!   

Be a man about it.  Fight it out.  If they get you, fine...they get money.  If not? Good, you get some money.  You can always go find a tall building to get on top of.

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

I love getting bounties put on me, then have a few people come after me. I'll get in my Entity, or Corquett and lead them on a chase. It kind of feels like cops and robbers.

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

I love getting bounties and getting into chases. It's so fun outrunning people across the map and thinking about how much they must be raging. That's the only reason people are cheating and using NoS in this game, frustrated people who couldn't catch me for a bounty can now pretend they're special!

• malcolmfunktion likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

When I get low on money I totally try to keep having bounties set on me. Stealing a couple cars does the trick. Always nice to see that message stating you outlasted your bounty and you just made thousands for doing nothing but not getting killed.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:00 AM Edited by RealHoosier07, 23 February 2014 - 12:01 AM.

i cant deny that its a douchebag move, but its not some original idea... i see it frequently

Was this you?

lol irony but no... we jumped in the dead zone hole that spawns you back before the bountys were over.

Only douchebags use glitches like that.  Seriously, what is the fun in that? 

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Debunker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by Nomad0202, 23 February 2014 - 09:14 AM.

When I get a bounty on me, I too hide in the nearest glitch. I invite my friends and crew to hide with me. They can't possible have anything better to do. We then take it in turns to go “off the radar” to confuse any hapless noobs who may pass by. Why earn tens of thousands of dollars using some small effort on rooftop rumble when you can earn $3000 in 45 minutes by standing still listening to police sirens. Then when the clock runs out. I appear victorious with cash in my pocket and then “take the easy way out” about a dozen times for finally realizing I'm A PUSSY HIDING IN A GLITCH.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

I was stealing NPC cars this morning to get a bounty. Only got a $1000 bounty in the end, but it did the trick. I flew up top of the Maze Bank and waited. Eventually a guy in a buzzard comes, I kill him. He continues to do this about 8 more times before I get sloppy and he finally gets me. Then realises how much the bounty was and sends me a message "f*ck you asshole i am going to spawn kill you now".  :lol:

• Killzone3265 likes this

troysayshi
  • troysayshi

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

I was stealing NPC cars this morning to get a bounty. Only got a $1000 bounty in the end, but it did the trick. I flew up top of the Maze Bank and waited. Eventually a guy in a buzzard comes, I kill him. He continues to do this about 8 more times before I get sloppy and he finally gets me. Then realises how much the bounty was and sends me a message "f*ck you asshole i am going to spawn kill you now".  :lol:

I guess whatever turns him on.

I'd have let him and just laughed and laughed and laughed. That would've f*cked with his head real good.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Nah. Bounties are killer magnets. It's fun if, say, I was into random killing.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by Crunch McThornbody, 23 February 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Bounties are great, getting one gives you a legitimate reason to go all out on the other players that get near you, and I go after them for the 'thrill of the chase' because the time & effort that can be involved is far greater (yet oh so fun) than spending 5 minutes doing Rooftop Rumble for $18,750.

A lot of players don't realise how 'bulletproof' you are when your back is turned to them whilst in an Entity which has the full armor upgrade.

Going underground just round the first corner at the entrance on the freeway under the bridge that leads to where the storymode bank heist happened is good spot if you don't want to run around out in the open, especially if you get a wanted level before going in so the police are after you too, they act as a nice barrier at the entrance the other players have to get past to get your bounty - if they can actually figure out you're underground in the first place! :)

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Debunker

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

A lot of players don't realise how 'bulletproof' you are when your back is turned to them whilst in an Entity which has the full armor upgrade.

Will the armor hold after taking a RPG up your tailpipe? That's what I do to "backing up" Entity's.

• ShinobiFixer, JoeMamma and codename_duchess like this

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

It's a bit of a stretch to call an RPG a bullet :p

• Nomad0202 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users