Photo

What would Niko do?

10 replies to this topic
GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:42 PM Edited by GameHacker666, 22 February 2014 - 06:47 PM.

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS!*

As we know, there are some missions, that offer you a "moralty choice" - for an example; kill someone or let him live. I know the fate is completely up to players and none decision is canon. But I'm wondering - what would Niko Belić do? Would he spare Ivan or kick him off the ledge? Would he kill Playboy X or Dwayne? Francis or Derrick McReary? Would he complete the deal with Dimitri or would he take revenge? And the biggest question - would he kill Darko Brević or spare him?
So I'm asking you guys: what do you think Niko would do from his point of view?

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Here's what I think:

Would he spare Ivan or kick him off the ledge? 

I believe that he would spare Ivan. You could tell that Niko didn't want to follow Vlad's orders. I think he's probably spare Ivan.

Would he kill Playboy X or Dwayne?

I think he would kill Playboy X. Dwayne was a person whom Niko could relate with. Niko even said once that Dwayne reminded Niko of himself. Niko isn't the type of person who would kill a friend. 

Francis or Derrick McReary?

This one is difficult. I really don't know. I would say that he would kill Francis, but Derrick is also a junkie so, I don't think Niko would care that much about Derrick. Francis, on the other hand, is a person who Niko loathes. I say that he would kill Derrick. Probably because Francis is a cop and if he kills him, Niko would get into a lot of trouble and, as I said before, I don't think that Niko cares about Derrick as he was a heroin junkie.

Would he complete the deal with Dimitri or would he take revenge? 

I believe that he would take revenge. Niko has always been the revenge type of person. And, Dimitri kidnapped Niko's cousin and burned their house down. He would also take Kate's advice, most likely. So, I say revenge.

would he kill Darko Brević or spare him?

And here we are, the most difficult one. Hmm...... I say he would spare him. Why? To let Darko suffer. I know I just said that Niko was a revenge type of person, but I think that this is another case here. Niko said that the guilt ruined Darko, and so, I think he would leave him suffer.

And, there you go. I answered all your questions. :)

• drr26, tepi5512, GameHacker666 and 2 others like this

GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by GameHacker666, 22 February 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Here's what I think:

Would he spare Ivan or kick him off the ledge? 

I believe that he would spare Ivan. You could tell that Niko didn't want to follow Vlad's orders. I think he's probably spare Ivan.

Would he kill Playboy X or Dwayne?

I think he would kill Playboy X. Dwayne was a person whom Niko could relate with. Niko even said once that Dwayne reminded Niko of himself. Niko isn't the type of person who would kill a friend. 

Francis or Derrick McReary?

This one is difficult. I really don't know. I would say that he would kill Francis, but Derrick is also a junkie so, I don't think Niko would care that much about Derrick. Francis, on the other hand, is a person who Niko loathes. I say that he would kill Derrick. Probably because Francis is a cop and if he kills him, Niko would get into a lot of trouble and, as I said before, I don't think that Niko cares about Derrick as he was a heroin junkie.

Would he complete the deal with Dimitri or would he take revenge? 

I believe that he would take revenge. Niko has always been the revenge type of person. And, Dimitri kidnapped Niko's cousin and burned their house down. He would also take Kate's advice, most likely. So, I say revenge.

would he kill Darko Brević or spare him?

And here we are, the most difficult one. Hmm...... I say he would spare him. Why? To let Darko suffer. I know I just said that Niko was a revenge type of person, but I think that this is another case here. Niko said that the guilt ruined Darko, and so, I think he would leave him suffer.

And, there you go. I answered all your questions. :)

That's exactly what I think he would do!  :colgate:

Niko didn't seem to like Vlad too much and I'm sure he would help Ivan (Didn't Vlad actually set Ivan up, as he tricked him into taking the protection money or something? Not sure!).

Same goes for Dwayne/Playboy X. Dwayne reminded Niko of himself, and during cutscene of mission Undress to Kill you can see that he honestly wanted to help Dwayne out. And I think he soon realized that Playboy is just about his money (Saying that he'll help children and build parks when he'll be rich was bullsh*t because he already was rich and he also turned against his friend. I think the money has changed him, although he claimed the opposite.). So I think he would kill Playboy X.

Choice between Francis and Derrick McReary is really tough. Niko didn't had much simpathy for either of them. Derrick didn't do much out of his life anyways and Niko didn't like Francis much... So this would be difficult.

He also wouldn't trust Dimitri again after he betrayed him, so I think Revenge would be his choice.

And you're probably right about Darko Brević aswell - he suffered enough, because he realised what he did. Killing him would not make any difference.

But as I said, none of this decisions are canon and for now we can only speculate.

Thanks for taking your time to answer these questions!

• Gta_V_Fan_101 and CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1 like this

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

I think Niko would spare everyone, except for Clarence because he would rather listen to Francis' orders because he is a cop. But I spare him anyway just to kill him while he's armed. :p
  • Jeansowaty and GameHacker666 like this

franklinrocksdude
  • franklinrocksdude

A Turismo is parked on the driveway by Faustin's mansion!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by franklinrocksdude, 22 February 2014 - 07:45 PM.

i think niko bellic would spare ivan simply because he didn't like vlad. then he wouldn't kill cherise, because she didn't deserve death. then he would kill chlarence, because as lol232 said, he would follow francis cause he's a cop. then he would kill francis and playboy x. he would also spare darko and choose the revenge route.

• GameHacker666 and CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1 like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

I think Niko would spare everyone, except for Clarence because he would rather listen to Francis' orders because he is a cop. But I spare him anyway just to kill him while he's armed. :p

I'm always sparing him, despite knowing what a dick he is. It just feels better to kill an armed man :p

• lol232 likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Niko had a deep sense of guilt if he kills Derrick in Blood Brothers, he expresses it when he phones Francis after the job's done. Imo, he'd probably shoot that asshole, Francis.

• 02fishera and nobum62 like this

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Sparing Ivan, killing Playboy X and getting revenge on Dmitri seem definitely more likely. As for Blood Brothers, I think he would kill Francis - he tried to control Niko and blackmail him, so it would be in his interest to get rid of him. Also, Gerald and Packie, both close friends of Niko, despised Francis anyway, but felt somehow caring for poor Derrick. And even if he was a junkie, he was a poor man for whom Niko felt sympathy I think - he had ideals he tried to fight for, but then acted cowardly and betrayed his friends. He felt guilty and wrecked for it, but still would rather get rid of them than let a chance of them taking revenge on his family.

As for Darko, I think he would kill him. After all, that was what he came for in LC in the first place. Killing him might not feel right for Niko afterwards, but he would probably want to just close that part of his life there in an instant when he had a chance, rather than leave him to suffering.

Han RX-7
  • Han RX-7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Spare Ivan for sure

Playboy and Dwayne is a hard one to peg as Niko has misgivings about killing Playboy since he is one of the few employers that has been straight with him while Dwayne Niko can easily see is a washed up miserable person who probably wants to die anyway.

The thing about Derrick and Francis is Niko clearly despises Francis but if you think about it Niko would have had to realize what Derrick was doing was more than just screwing over Francis. Derrick was intending to sell out the entire McReary family - not just Francis. So what he was doing would have affected everyone so Niko may have been inclined to take him out despite hating Francis.

It without a doubt Niko got revenge against Dimitri. The game practically alludes to it being the canon choice. Niko never would have settled with Dimitri as asides from his hatred for him he knows damn well nothing good could come out of trusting that man again as it shown if he does take the deal.

I believe there's no doubt Niko spares Darko. By that time in the game Niko has come a long way in the story and he is not the same person he was when he first arrived in LC. At that point in the game he knows killing him won't bring him the peace and closure he so desperately wanted. Darko's words to him also had an effect on him since they brought to light by doing all these killings he is really no different than Darko was at that point in his life. It makes him reaize he cannot change his past and how he handled himself up until that point but he can control what he will do in the future and the first thing he can do is not kill the man he had wanted to for so long. Seeing Darko withered away, a husk of a man who has been destroyed by his guilt makes Niko realize the man is already dead. Perhaps he could still kill him and end his misery but he knows it doesn't make a difference anymore since Darko is long gone.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by nobum62, 13 March 2014 - 05:34 PM.

spare ivan for obvious reasons

kill playboy for obvious reasons

kill francis instead of derrick. i killed francis because he threatened to "put (niko) away" if niko didn't kill derrick. i didn't like that francis threatened niko, so i killed him

kill darko. niko was furious at what darko did, so if you choose to execute him, you can see niko letting his anger out. niko doesn't think about letting darko go and letting him suffer.

revenge or deal? i dunno which ending niko would choose. after meeting darko, niko will realize that revenge doesn't solve anything whether you kill him or not. also, dimitri is a more climatic boss than pegerino and roman dying is more tragic than kate dying. on the other hand, niko knew how much of a rascal rascolov is after his betrayal, and wouldn't do the deal again. i dunno.... i guess revenge is what niko would choose

• the gta killer likes this

Matt11
  • Matt11

GROVE STREET

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Niko would defiantly spare Ivan's life, more because Vlad is such a dick, he knows Vlad does whatever he wants ( getting laid by Romans girl, talking to Niko like he's a piece of crap), so he knows he's going to smoke Vlad eventually because in the conversation with Roman before he kills Vlad, Niko doesn't hesitate to make a decision on killing him or not.
No question he would kill Playboy X, he relates to Dwayne and knows he's loyal.
I would say he would kill Francis, yes Derrick is a heroin junkie but he Packie's boy and he knows that Packie still cares about him. On the other hand Francis is a dirty cop who wants to bring down his criminal family, yes he's another brother of Packie but even he hates him.
Revenge vs money? As others have said Niko has been about revenge, but also he would listen to Kate over Roman not to sell his pride for money.
Lastly I don't think Niko would kill Darko, he's about revenge but in that moment with his cousin telling him he knows what he did, and let him suffer, I don't think he would pull the trigger execution style on him. Killing Darko won't bring his friends back, and it won't change anything or make Niko feel as thou he actually found what he was looking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users