• This topic is locked This topic is locked
665 replies to this topic
Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

this point has been refuted like a quadrillion times. homosexuality is not a lifestyle you half-wit. but, let's just pretend that is is a choice. so what? it does not affect your life.

These days? Yes, it does. Especially in a professional work setting. Inclusion and gender-sensitive training is real.

nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

this point has been refuted like a quadrillion times. homosexuality is not a lifestyle you half-wit. but, let's just pretend that is is a choice. so what? it does not affect your life.

These days? Yes, it does. Especially in a professional work setting. Inclusion and gender-sensitive training is real.

"BOO-HOO, PEOPLE ARE TEACHING ME HOW TO BE TOLERANT AND NOT A BIGOT"

• Moonshield, Melchior, Linc. and 3 others like this

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Nah, I don't think so. You give them an inch, and they'll take a mile. I find it offensive when homosexuals push up on society and act like victims when people don't accept it and defend themselves.

So, I'm just going to ignore your prior post with that link, because well.. yeah. But I feel like this is a valid question for you, Carmen. What if someone very close to you, say a best friend or a family member, came out to you? How would you react and what would you tell them? I'm extremely curious to know.

Your entire viewpoint on this matter is actually extremely fascinating to me.

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Nah, I don't think so. You give them an inch, and they'll take a mile. I find it offensive when homosexuals push up on society and act like victims when people don't accept it and defend themselves.

So, I'm just going to ignore your prior post with that link, because well.. yeah. But I feel like this is a valid question for you, Carmen. What if someone very close to you, say a best friend or a family member, came out to you? How would you react and what would you tell them? I'm extremely curious to know.

I would treat them as a human being of course. I would still be a friend to them if they needed me to be. But, I wouldn't support their beliefs.

And to reply to noblum, gay people rubbing their beliefs in my face. I, in turn, defend myself by saying no and I believe it's wrong. I'm all of a sudden a bigot. Interesting. I'm outta here. This thread won't go anywhere. Try to express your opinion, and people hate you for it.

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

If anyone has any more comments to say to me, please PM me.

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, but you knowingly came into this thread with the prospect that people are going to disagree with your posts. You have to understand that your viewpoint, your opinion as you call it, is a less-than-popular angle. Not many people are going to agree with you, and you need to understand and recognize that. It was your choice to post here and the respective backlash you received is well-deserved.

Also, don't use a Seinfeld gif as a reaction method. That's just wrong, man. 

• Tyler, Tacymist and nobum62 like this

Special Members
  • Special Members

You Don't Know The Power Of Fried Chicken

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Carmen is officially the dumbest member on gtaforums.com. After just one day. That´s quite an achivement.

• Autopilot, RedDagger, Apex Predator and 5 others like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by nobum62, 08 June 2014 - 06:41 PM.

And to reply to noblum, gay people rubbing their beliefs in my face. I, in turn, defend myself by saying no and I believe it's wrong. I'm all of a sudden a bigot. Interesting. I'm outta here. This thread won't go anywhere. Try to express your opinion, and people hate you for it.

gay people are rubbing their "beliefs" in your face? how? also, having an opinion does not make you immune to criticism. especially when your opinion is full of sh*t.

it's nobum btw.

• Linc. likes this

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

If you support gays than your gay ( Joke if you couldn't tell )

Nah but on a serious note I see no problem how people live. It doesn't effect me at all. My only problem is when it effects me. I remember reading a article about these "gay" people couldn't buy anything in the store and they got so butthurt about it they took the owner to court. I can't remember who won or not but what happen to businesses being able to REFUSE anyone?  

What I also learn from watching others is people get so butthurt about others not accepting that they're gay. No one has to accept it. 

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Doesnt affect me personally, so I dont care.

The only time it will bother me is if gays started lobbying to move into my house and make out on my couch. Then I'll have a problem.

Jesting aside. I think we can all agree that in 3-5 years homosexuality will become increasingly 'normalised'. The gay struggle is to homosexuals as the civil rights was for blacks. Before we were accepted into society our presence was scorned and many didn't want us around. Im sure many years from now gays will be an increasing presence in society maybe even people will start being gay because it's the cool thing for the moment.

Again just not that bothered. I know their actions won't impact me at all.

No use getting mad at them. You can't control what goes on in peoples minds. I can only control the locks on my doors. Again I'm jesting. Some are born straight some develop a like for the same sex. I really think this topic won't solve anything.

Im glad I love women. :inlove:

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

They ARE the victims of people like you.

Now kindly f*ck off.

• Audiophile and nobum62 like this

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, but you knowingly came into this thread with the prospect that people are going to disagree with your posts. You have to understand that your viewpoint, your opinion as you call it, is a less-than-popular angle. Not many people are going to agree with you, and you need to understand and recognize that. It was your choice to post here and the respective backlash you received is well-deserved.

True dat ;)  but oh well. I guess I learned my lesson. Thanks for being reasonable.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Now kindly f*ck off.

So the guy should f*ck off cause he doesn't agree with you? This is the problem with society. People have a RIGHT to speak there minds. 

• Doc Rikowski likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Now kindly f*ck off.

So the guy should f*ck off cause he doesn't agree with you? This is the problem with society. People have a RIGHT to speak there minds. 

Nobody has rights.

Irrelevant anyway, if you think the problem with society is intolerance towards people who advocate smashing down on civil liberties or the destruction or punishment of a person based on some obscure sense of morality then you have some f*cked up priorities.

In any case I'm not advocating this person being silenced by saying that, i'm making a point. Then point that this sort of sh*t is no longer accepted by society.

Having said that, I really don't care if fascists, racists, homophobes etc are silenced politically or by being beaten to death with rusty poles.

• Apex Predator, Audiophile and nobum62 like this

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

True dat ;)  but oh well. I guess I learned my lesson. Thanks for being reasonable.

Did you join these forums just to post uneducated, bigoted comments in this thread?  Because you sure found it fast...

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

Having said that, I really don't care if fascists, racists, homophobes etc are silenced politically or by being beaten to death with rusty poles.

Let's advocate killing people based on their beliefs, nothing wrong with that.

Okay, as much as the aforementioned people are in no way on a moral high ground, there aren't really many cases where killing someone is actually a good thing to do. I mean, I know that carmen is likely just some troll and all (and that's based on far, far more than just the opinions, in case ma'am decides to squawk about that), but no death please.

Anyway, any problems people come up with homosexuality always are other problems that they just place on homosexuality because people like a nice scapegoat. Either that, or they're a bit of a bigot.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by Myron, 08 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Let's advocate killing people based on their beliefs, nothing wrong with that.

Okay, as much as the aforementioned people are in no way on a moral high ground, there aren't really many cases where killing someone is actually a good thing to do. I mean, I know that carmen is likely just some troll and all (and that's based on far, far more than just the opinions, in case ma'am decides to squawk about that), but no death please.

Anyway, any problems people come up with homosexuality always are other problems that they just place on homosexuality because people like a nice scapegoat. Either that, or they're a bit of a bigot.

Literally just said I'm not advocating it. I really don't care.

Anyway my indifference to this is pretty irrelevant.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Literally just said I'm not advocating it. I really don't care.

Anyway my indifference to this is pretty irrelevant.

Okay, advocating was the wrong word to use, but it's still something you should care about.

Still, let's just switch things round: everyone that's supportive of homosexuality will be beaten to death by a rusty pole. Oh look, I imagine there's a lot more caring going on, and hopefully it's not only because it means you'd get beaten.

Point is, ya shouldn't be fine with something physically bad happening to a group of people just because they have a 'bad' opinion, people are throwing around bigot as a negative word for a reason. Not directly relevant, but still.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

Okay, advocating was the wrong word to use, but it's still something you should care about.

Still, let's just switch things round: everyone that's supportive of homosexuality will be beaten to death by a rusty pole. Oh look, I imagine there's a lot more caring going on, and hopefully it's not only because it means you'd get beaten.

Point is, ya shouldn't be fine with something physically bad happening to a group of people just because they have a 'bad' opinion, people are throwing around bigot as a negative word for a reason. Not directly relevant, but still.

'Supportive of homosexuality' sounds kind of iffy. The issue with flipping it around like that is that people who think that imprisoning, ostracising or purely destroying someone based on their skin colour or sexuality or whatever is a bad idea aren't well, imprisoning, ostracising or purely destroying someone based on their skin colour or sexuality or whatever.

I was largely just making a point here and trying to amuse myself with it to boot, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• nobum62 likes this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Death to the Bourgeoisie - Long live Anarchy

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

• Melchior, na89340qv0n34b09q340, nobum62 and 1 other like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

This is officially one of my favourite threads arguement wise
  • nobum62 likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

yeah. if their views are so ignorant and bigoted that they are harmful to society, then if they get silenced, f*ck 'em.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:33 PM Edited by D- Ice, 09 June 2014 - 11:15 AM.

Well... back on topic, I disagree with homosexuality. I find it detestable and an abomination. It is from this that sodomy and diseases are spread. Many STDs are common within the homosexual community. It's rather disgusting IMO. Those are just facts. Just Google "homosexuality and diseases", and you'll find a lot.

But in regards to actual people that choose this lifestyle, I believe that it yields no good fruit. Men and women were created with correct plumbing. No mistakes were made.

The prevalence of STDs is in no way related to the homosexual lifestyle. The risk-factors presented as showing homosexuals having more risk of STDs - high numbers of sexual partners and anal penetrative sex (anal epithelial lining being more liikely to break than vaginal epithelium) - are infact equally prevalent amongst heterosexuals.

If I were to humour you and make the wholly unfounded assumption that homosexuality does in fact increase risk of various diseases, then your point to oppose it still doesn't stand. People have freedom to make lifestyle choices, even if these present riskd to their health - no one is thinking of banning fatty foods or smoking, despite both presenting far greater risks to health than all STDs combined (both in heterosexuals and homosexuals).

And regarding your point that a homosexual lifestyle "yields no fruit", am I correct in assuming you are referring to procreation? You do realise that the vast majority of human sexual intercourse is not done for procreation - in fact people go to great lengths to ensure so.

Finally, regarding "plumbing", I do disagree with your belief in intelligent design, but the sexual system did evolve for reproduction. Homosexuals using theirs for another purpose is no more removed from evolutionary purpose than heterosexuals having sex with contraceptions, or you using your fingers to type rather than picking grubs from a hole in a fallen tree. It is ridiculous to claim we should only use our body parts for their initial evolutionary purpose. You hardly find that in the natural world too. 

Because you espouse ass-backwards ideas.

So... I believe that homosexuality is wrong and an abomination. I present prominent evidence and I get hounded by people screaming that I deserve to be ridiculed. Logical... xD

Only it is logical. The whole point of espousing opinions in a discussion forum format is for them to be challenged. The exact same is of all presented evidence.

Your weren't really expecting forum members to just state their views on homosexuality here without any discussion, or that your evidence would be accepted without any critique, were you?

I would treat them as a human being of course. I would still be a friend to them if they needed me to be. But, I wouldn't support their beliefs.

If anyone has any more comments to say to me, please PM me.

Like Myron replied to your post, you might want to look up the meaning of bigot. It simply refers to someone who acts due to their prejudices. The vast majority of people here, and in Western countries in general, believe that your beliefs regarding homosexuals are unfounded, and thus prejudices. If you were to act upon said beliefs, you would fit the definition for most people here. Though this is obviously no excuse for name-calling, as you might also consider them bigots too.

• Tacymist and nobum62 like this

Samuel Howitzer
  • Samuel Howitzer

Jack Howitzer's greedy agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:43 PM Edited by Samuel Howitzer, 08 June 2014 - 08:44 PM.

This thread is whats wrong with some parts of humanity.

Well some parts anyway.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Well I joined this late. Nevertheless, does the question matter?

Evolution of humanity shows that traditions rightfully die off like a vestigal organ. It's not a question of what's right or wrong, but rather what's stronger and will obviously outlast the other eventually.

• Tyler likes this

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Nah but on a serious note I see no problem how people live. It doesn't effect me at all. My only problem is when it effects me. I remember reading a article about these "gay" people couldn't buy anything in the store and they got so butthurt about it they took the owner to court. I can't remember who won or not but what happen to businesses being able to REFUSE anyone?  

No no no no. This is wrong on so many levels. You can not refuse sales/services to somebody based on an aspect of their character like that. They have a word for it and it is called discrimination. Bars, restaurants and other eateries have previously been destroyed when they refused service to women and it's the same thing here, prejudice against somebody for who they are. Anyone has the right to purchase stuff like this no matter who they are.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340, Special Members and nobum62 like this

Melchior
  • Melchior

The lights are so bright, but they never blind me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Has it not occurred to you that the reason there may be a higher instance of infection in homosexual relationships is because people who hold views like yours make it incredibly difficult for gays to actually practice their sexuality without persecution, denying them access to protection from infection?

It's also worth noting that medical professionals are tragically inept at dealing with health issues relating to gay sex, and there hasn't really been much reform in medical training on this front. I can't find the statistics but the money spent on research is also minuscule. Queer teens can't exactly ask questions in health class, either.

Really, excluding people from society in any way has serious life or death consequences, and it must take ten pound balls to look at the shocking effects of this exclusion, and use it as ammo to rail against the victims. It's almost impressive.  

• sivispacem and Linc. like this

ShadowedDemise
  • ShadowedDemise

Academi PMC Recruitment Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:47 AM

I don't have any issues with homosexuality. If someone is gay, lesbian, whatever, it doesn't matter. What someone does with other people behind closed doors is none of my business. 

That being said, people in general (yes, even the straight ones), need to quit talking about it. I don't care what your sexual preference is. Nor should anyone else. If a person of the same sex isn't coming on to you, don't worry what gender they prefer. We are all people here. Everyone deserves the same treatment. 

Gay/lesbian couples should be able to marry and adopt. Everyone deserves to know what having a family is like, and raise a child. Not to mention there are so many parentless infants/children that deserve good role models. What person in their right mind would deny a child that luxury? You don't have to be straight to be a good person. Those who are against homosexuality are petty, and childish. Grow up. Gays are people just like you. 

• Linc. likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

Lucky 38

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

I don't have any issues with homosexuality. If someone is gay, lesbian, whatever, it doesn't matter. What someone does with other people behind closed doors is none of my business. 

That being said, people in general (yes, even the straight ones), need to quit talking about it. I don't care what your sexual preference is. Nor should anyone else. If a person of the same sex isn't coming on to you, don't worry what gender they prefer. We are all people here. Everyone deserves the same treatment. 

Well no, it's not a matter of people needing to 'stop talking about it' because awareness of the situation and education is what is needed. The argument that you're indifferent to gays and don't view it as an issue at all is really great, but unfortunately as evidenced in this thread, a notable level of society still does and structures in society are not in place to deal witgh issues that affect homosexuals in the same way that heterosexuals have it.

It's perfectly fine saying that people should mark it as irrelevant, but people don't and until that day any form of awareness should be promoted.

• Moonshield likes this

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Has it not occurred to you that the reason there may be a higher instance of infection in homosexual relationships is because people who hold views like yours make it incredibly difficult for gays to actually practice their sexuality without persecution, denying them access to protection from infection?

It's also worth noting that medical professionals are tragically inept at dealing with health issues relating to gay sex, and there hasn't really been much reform in medical training on this front. I can't find the statistics but the money spent on research is also minuscule. Queer teens can't exactly ask questions in health class, either.

Really, excluding people from society in any way has serious life or death consequences, and it must take ten pound balls to look at the shocking effects of this exclusion, and use it as ammo to rail against the victims. It's almost impressive.  

Homosexuality from a genetic standpoint makes absolutely no sense to why it would've ever been chosen in an evolutionarily perspective.  If one had mutated a gay gene they would then find the same sex attractive as opposed to the opposite sex, therefore would not ideally be procreating which would naturally select against that gene.

The cons largely outweigh the pros when it comes to homosexuality, evolutionarily speaking. It is entirely self defeating with survival in comparison to normal male-female procreation. You might as well claim infertility is an evolutionary advantage also.

Alien
  • Alien

Go then; There are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Second Best Alien

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Homosexuality from a genetic standpoint makes absolutely no sense to why it would've ever been chosen in an evolutionarily perspective.  If one had mutated a gay gene they would then find the same sex attractive as opposed to the opposite sex, therefore would not ideally be procreating which would naturally select against that gene.

The cons largely outweigh the pros when it comes to homosexuality, evolutionarily speaking. It is entirely self defeating with survival in comparison to normal male-female procreation. You might as well claim infertility is an evolutionary advantage also.

And yet... it exists in the animal kingdom, across many different species other than Humanity.  Evolution cannot account for everything.

• nobum62 and make total destroy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users