- - - - -

[STORIES/REL] Converted Maps

589 replies to this topic
SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:37 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 16 April 2014 - 01:39 PM.

Only around 10% of LCS map models have more polys than III/VC(don't know coll limit in SA)can support.So you can replace them with blank colls and then create lowpoly colls from stratch. :)
BTW all(almost all) VCS colls are in VCS VC mod.They easily can be converted to SA/III

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

1) Collisions can be generated directly from models while converting them but they will contain so many faces and I don't sure - will that collision work or just cause crash the game while loading.

If there's collision data that's specific for collisions, and placement data on those collisions, JUST PLACE THE f*ckING COLLISIONS AND BE DONE WITH IT. There's no need at all for collisions to be linked to a building if modifying the game.

2) I think this data should be in DTZ or ELF

Yet the models themselves are in the world IMGs, as I doubt they'd be in GTA3PS2?
  • lpgunit and SaL_Leone like this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

Map Converter is done. It's time to continue my work at MDL Importer...

be35f9c86f0a.jpg

• Mr. Jago and SaL_Leone like this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:23 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 16 April 2014 - 10:24 PM.

You should rename the topic to "DIY LCS/VCS PC" :p

• Silent, elMarcoPL, Mr. Jago and 1 other like this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

It's just the models. I never will write a SCM converter :pp

• Mr. Jago and TJGM like this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Tho you could. Some has already matched the LCS opcodes to their SA/VC/III Counterparts. Simply make it find the opcode and change it. It'd require a lot more user work after that, but still

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

No. I don't want to work with SCM :/

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Tho you could. Some has already matched the LCS opcodes to their SA/VC/III Counterparts. Simply make it find the opcode and change it. It'd require a lot more user work after that, but still

Lots of Stories opcodes don't have SA counterparts as SA uses a different tasks system. That's why missions converting is slowslowslow.

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Lots of Stories opcodes don't have SA counterparts as SA uses a different tasks system. That's why missions converting is slowslowslow.

Yeah. That one of reasons

alex8ball_BRATVA
  • alex8ball_BRATVA

Rat

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

So many useful progs))) You are amaizing programmer!

• Frank.s likes this

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Oh but I thought everyone says "Port to SA, it better. More moddable. LCS is SA. Cameras."

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Oh but I thought everyone says "Port to SA, it better. More moddable. LCS is SA. Cameras."

Same applies to VCS yo.

Jackgta
  • Jackgta

Your a dick, without a dick!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:44 AM Edited by Jackgta, 18 April 2014 - 03:10 AM.

Ummmm... how do i use this map mod for VC ( LCS PS2 )?? :blush:

Also i might just use the PSP VCS map in GTA3, so i'd like to know how to apply that map too

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 18 April 2014 - 03:46 AM.

Also i might just use the PSP VCS map in GTA3, so i'd like to know how to apply that map too

MAJEST1C hasn't finished the "Do it for you" tool yet, so I'd wait till that's out.

Jackgta
  • Jackgta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

I thought if i edit some sort of file i could get the map. Well, whatever i guess. I hope i can port GTA3 Car/Ped paths to VC.

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

MAJEST1C hasn't finished the "Do it for you" tool yet, so I'd wait till that's out.

Which tool?

Johnny_D
  • Johnny_D

inb4 cool kids

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

He made a joke. :p a lot of "playing around" in topics where the starter is quite serious I see...

Jackgta
  • Jackgta

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Which tool?

Can you help me out please? Seeing as you made this excellent mod and all, i'd want to import the maps into VC/3. Also, do you know anything about car/ped paths and how to use them?

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Which tool?

Can you help me out please? Seeing as you made this excellent mod and all, i'd want to import the maps into VC/3. Also, do you know anything about car/ped paths and how to use them?

1) What's the problem with importing maps?

2) I think HackMan128 should know something about paths.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

Your maps are great, but map with out collision is bad. You can only cruise each city by using specific main.scm, and it kills fun exploration of each district by using ground transport.

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Your maps are great, but map with out collision is bad. You can only cruise each city by using specific main.scm, and it kills fun exploration of each district by using ground transport.

This is not my fault. Models and collisions use different map systems and don't linked with each other.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

This is not my fault. Models and collisions use different map systems and don't linked with each other.
It is your fault for not providing the collision placement anyway for people to utilize those to add collisions.

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

It is your fault for not providing the collision placement anyway for people to utilize those to add collisions.

My fault? R U serious?

• Vice City Crockett likes this

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

I don't get it. MAJEST1C clearly claims that map lacks collisions. If someone WANTS to check out what's that, then he checks that on his own. Nobody pushes him towards doing that.

But no, let's blame him for this, what's absend. Gentlemen, please...

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

I don't get it. MAJEST1C clearly claims that map lacks collisions. If someone WANTS to check out what's that, then he checks that on his own. Nobody pushes him towards doing that.

One can't do that seeing as MAJEST1C isn't documenting the file formats nor providing the required placement data for the collision meshes, so, yes, it is his fault.

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by MAJEST1C_R3, 19 April 2014 - 08:33 PM.

One can't do that seeing as MAJEST1C isn't documenting the file formats nor providing the required placement data for the collision meshes, so, yes, it is his fault.

61a0383efdb3.jpg

http://gtamodding.ru...

Now you've got the documentation^. Do it

• Vice City Crockett likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 19 April 2014 - 09:17 PM.

[snip image from some apparently russian site that also is embedded with 'img=url' which is also a completely retarded way of embedding images, IPBsh*theads]
http://gtamodding.ru/wiki/Категория%3AGTA_LCS

oh, look, so it's more of you goddamn russians keeping everything to themselves because none of you can write sensible english or provide a sensible discussion about 'publicizing things' (see: openiv team, you stories people, and a few others)

also, google translate completely f*cks up the page, so no, I still don't have documentation, and you f*cking russians should stop keeping everything that interests other people internal to your language's environment and perhaps learn some motherf*cking english

edit: and to add, that doesn't say anything on the collision topic we're discussing right f*cking now, which you implied a few pages before you had the placement data for such at hand

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 19 April 2014 - 09:19 PM.

Placement data for coll? Couldn't you make blank dff's and have col's assigned to those objects and place those? You'd probably need to up limits a bit.

• SaL_Leone and Vice City Crockett like this

MAJEST1C_R3
  • MAJEST1C_R3

Goodfella

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

[snip image from some apparently russian site that also is embedded with 'img=url' which is also a completely retarded way of embedding images, IPBsh*theads]
http://gtamodding.ru/wiki/Категория%3AGTA_LCS

oh, look, so it's more of you goddamn russians keeping everything to themselves because none of you can write sensible english or provide a sensible discussion about 'publicizing things' (see: openiv team, you stories people, and a few others)

also, google translate completely f*cks up the page, so no, I still don't have documentation, and you f*cking russians should stop keeping everything that interests other people internal to your language's environment and perhaps learn some motherf*cking english

Oh, you decided to make it personal little man. How much butthurt I read here. Give your sphincter a rest and don't make me and people laugh

• SaL_Leone and Vice City Crockett like this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:26 PM Edited by NTAuthority, 19 April 2014 - 09:28 PM.

Placement data for coll? Couldn't you make blank dff's and have col's assigned to those objects and place those? You'd probably need to up limits a bit.

no need for that if you can just hook the exe, which is what I was intending to do WITH SAID COLLISION PLACEMENT INFORMATION

Oh, you decided to make it personal little man. How much butthurt I read here. Give your sphincter a rest and don't make me and people laugh

not really personal, just replying to your post which is clearly assuming I know f*cking Russian which I clearly do f*cking not as Russia is not the f*cking majority of the world, and yet the link does not contain any information of need at all

also, if you could know how many creative modification ideas I've had that have gotten ruined by Russian developers releasing tools that had obvious limitations, where my purpose was outside of their scope to fix, and that I could easily do myself IF THEY'D ONLY HAVE PUBLISHED THEIR SOURCE CODE OR AT LEAST SUFFICIENT FORMAT DOCUMENTATION, you'd probably still not care because that's how nationalist most Russians are.

fun fact: ViIV was entirely made possible by the author of xdr2obj having open sourced his code for people to learn from and use, which is the entire point of GTA modification, cooperation, not 'keeping this sh*t to myself haha figure it out yourself' like you and the OpenIV team appear to do...

(and when an OIV dev noticed me doing weird workarounds for their tool, they'd go 'yes that's by design', as seen in the chat of the ViIV testing livestream I did)
  • Ash_735 and hc41 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users