Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Goddamnit. Now it looks like some autistic teenager went in and f*cked with the layout. Now it looks cheap and gaudy.

seriously??

talk about an overreaction.

it really doesn't look much different than it did 48 hours ago.... they moved around some menus. I would hardly call it the debacle of an autistic teenager :sigh:

Hell, they could've told us they were going to give us a new layout before they dropped it on us like a bowling ball off a highway overpass during rush hour.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

Hell, they could've told us they were going to give us a new layout before they dropped it on us like a bowling ball off a highway overpass during rush hour.

Youtube announcing changes before they happen? That's screwier than nailing the origami killer.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:14 AM Edited by Mince, 22 February 2014 - 02:14 AM.

I definitely like that they've made the videos centered again. That's how it was prior to the November 2012 update where they introduced the new flat design for the video page. I also REALLY like the light gray background around the edge of the page; I was honestly thinking Google had forgotten how to use background colors other than white, and making it any color but white does help my eyes a bit. 

Other than that, I don't have much of an opinion on this update. It seems to be more annoying to navigate videos on channels now, that's about it. I wish they'd fix comments already, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. 

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

The only new thing I can tell has happened is a plethora of new bugs. 

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

What's the only thing more annoying than Youtube changing its loadout? The morons who act like it's the end of the world. 

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

I still don't understand the reasoning why Google keeps changing Youtube's layout every few months. Why can't they do a reasonable thing, by having a beta site, and then get feedback from the community. Then use that feedback to make the site better. It seems at this point, they are just changing for the sake of change.

outlawfisherman
  • outlawfisherman

link223-IGN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

Unless they are paying me more money, not much needed to change at this point in time.

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I admit, when it comes to website updates I don't care much but this new update is horrible. Too compact for my liking. 

I bet in the few hours our friend Bob will come back with his new army.

youtube-comments-bob.png

the funny thing is you can copy youtube comments any more 

Pyroshox
  • Pyroshox

if that went in you would've licked my bumhole clean

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Google, why the f*ck isn't there options for what we personally want the layout to look like in the options section?

Because I would personally like to go back to the very first layout, but apparently they don't know how.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by Mince, 15 March 2014 - 06:26 PM.

Has anyone else noticed their current YouTube account resetting to their Google+ account almost every time they log on?

Let's say my YouTube account is XYZ. Each time I go to YouTube, I am logged in as ABC, which is my Gmail username. I assume that this is the Google+ account that YouTube forcibly made for me sometime recently. I can tell I'm logged in there due to there being no subscriptions, and seeing the Gmail in the upper right. I have to click every time on "Switch account" to go back to XYZ, which I made back in 2009.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm hoping that this is just me; I can't even imagine the frustration more inexperienced YouTube users are going through if they are losing their favorites and subscriptions and don't know how to get back to them.

Also, YouTube has recently gotten rid of the http://youtube.com/my_favorites page. Going to this, even from the Video Manager section, will now redirect you to a "lite" version of the favorites page that requires you to click "show more" at the end of every 100 videos. The old my_favorites page had a page system that allowed you to easily get to the end of your favorites. It seems Google is doing everything they can to make you not want to use favorites (along with not using pretty much every other aspect of the site). Do the Google+ apologists defend the recent changes?

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Has anyone else noticed their current YouTube account resetting to their Google+ account almost every time they log on?

Let's say my YouTube account is XYZ. Each time I go to YouTube, I am logged in as ABC, which is my Gmail username. I assume that this is the Google+ account that YouTube forcibly made for me sometime recently. I can tell I'm logged in there due to there being no subscriptions, and seeing the Gmail in the upper right. I have to click every time on "Switch account" to go back to XYZ, which I made back in 2009.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm hoping that this is just me; I can't even imagine the frustration more inexperienced YouTube users are going through if they are losing their favorites and subscriptions and don't know how to get back to them.

Also, YouTube has recently gotten rid of the http://youtube.com/my_favorites page. Going to this, even from the Video Manager section, will now redirect you to a "lite" version of the favorites page that requires you to click "show more" at the end of every 100 videos. The old my_favorites page had a page system that allowed you to easily get to the end of your favorites. It seems Google is doing everything they can to make you not want to use favorites (along with not using pretty much every other aspect of the site). Do the Google+ apologists defend the recent changes?

You can only sign in with a Google+ account now. Google is really desperate to get people to "like" Google+.

• Mince likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Remember that the Feedback Button exists at the bottom of the page. Just be professional about your feedback, and they might actually change something if enough people write in to them directly about it. :)

• Mince likes this

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:40 PM Edited by kipakolonyasi, 15 March 2014 - 09:44 PM.

same thing happening to me too recently. it switches to my google+ account which google opened for me, like you said, and it has no subscriptions. it's just stupid.

they are just not giving up. they try to make google+ happen like microsoft tries to make bing happen desperately. 

• Mince likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Remember that the Feedback Button exists at the bottom of the page. Just be professional about your feedback, and they might actually change something if enough people write in to them directly about it. :)

I never actually paid attention enough to notice this button :turn:

• Mince likes this

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Knowing me, I'll say I hate the new youtube, then get used to it. Like the past 3000 times. But the one thing that has been bugging me, is that youtube likes to switch to an account that is named after my email, which has no subscriptions on it. Why the f*ck do I want to use that one, with my email, over the one with with my everything?

• Mince and Scaglietti like this

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

Knowing me, I'll say I hate the new youtube, then get used to it. Like the past 3000 times. But the one thing that has been bugging me, is that youtube likes to switch to an account that is named after my email, which has no subscriptions on it. Why the f*ck do I want to use that one, with my email, over the one with with my everything?

Yeah, that's exactly the problem I've been having. I mentioned it a few posts above, if you were agreeing with me or just didn't see what I posted, that's fine, idk. It is a really annoying problem though.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

I don't see the need for Youtube to constantly keep being refreshed, by the time you get used to it, the design changes again, and that can often be... annoying, to say the least.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:52 AM Edited by AndyGanteks, 16 March 2014 - 09:54 AM.

+

They removed the option that says "remove all deleted videos" that was so f*cking useful cause you don't have to go through pages and pages of favorites to empty it from 5000.

• Mince likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

I've adapted to this update and just don't care anymore. But I'm sure in August, September, or October that some dumb f*ck will make changes again.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:28 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 19 March 2014 - 06:37 PM.

I played around with google account options yesterday (because that's what I do on my saturday nights :/ ). Seems like the problem is that youtube accounts are now "managed" through google+ by your google+ profile. There's no way to make the youtube account independent, because even if you delete your google+ profile it just transfers ownership of the google+ youtube account to your email, and manages the regular youtube account through it, and you still have two accounts on the account switcher.

Deleting your google+ profile does solve the problem of having two channels capable of uploading though, and it doesn't seem to load the unwanted account by default anymore, since it no longer has any channel connected to it, but I dunno, it's only been a few hours since I did it.

If anyone else wants to try: https://plus.google.com/downgrade/ (Except I'm not sure that's the link because it redirects me now that I don't have a google account. I think the option was under advanced settings on youtube, if that's not the right link. http://www.youtube.c...ccount_advanced (again I'm not sure because the option doesn't show up for me anymore.))

And, as a bonus, here's youtube's answer to all of our problems: https://support.goog...f_topic=3254256  :sigh: 

What if I don't want to use google+

Many people use YouTube without a public YouTube identity (a YouTube channel). For example, if you just want to watch, like, and subscribe, you don’t need a channel. And if you don’t have a channel, you don't need to have Google+. See Do I need a YouTube channel? above.
If you do choose to create a YouTube channel, your channel needs to be connected to a Google+ profile or page. This will have your channel’s public name on it; it doesn’t need much else. It’s up to you to decide how much information to put on the profile or page, and how much (if at all) to engage on Google+.
If you don't post on Google+, your profile or page will show the YouTube tab by default, where people can find thumbnails of your videos and a link to your channel. If you want to limit discoverability of your page or profile, you can hide it from searches.

e: And today I found out that you eventually revert to having the same problem Moth has, except now that there's no youtube channel associated with your profile (except the fully functional and familiar deprecated one) you can't make playlists or favorite videos or add them to your watch later playlist or do anything involving playlists or self expression until you use the account switcher at the top every single time you decide to use youtube.

UnspokenOuch
  • UnspokenOuch

Prankster

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:28 PM Edited by UnspokenOuch, 19 March 2014 - 06:29 PM.

I'm pretty sure this is new, and it's very annoying!   :angry: 

You know those outros in YouTube videos where you can click on annotations to watch more videos, or subscribe?
Since recently, overlay-ads are preventing you to click on the bottom half of the screen!

Have a look at the end of this video and see for yourself, you can't click on my logo anymore, the big one in the right bottom corner, and you also can't click on the bottom video on the left!
If you don't see an overlay-ad (which is the small one that appears in the bottom of the screen after 10-15 seconds) reload the video, it should appear the first or second time. 

Is there any way to solve this? I can't disable overlay-ads because Machinima just enables them again. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users