NEW Youtube

50 replies to this topic
johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Can I be first to say it sucks. Theyve centered the video for one which looks odd its like your wearing google glasses or something. Also the video moves above the static banner at the top which looks bad.

Were Youtube offices very boring yesterday? Dont they have monopoly or something? Or was someone one high so he changed the design when everyone went home.

What you lot think?

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Jesus tapdancing Christ, can they just stop with the updates every 2 months? It just keeps getting worse and we keep on having to learn new layouts every Goddamn week. Why is there so much unused space and why do the layouts keep getting uglier when Google is a billion dollar company who could afford to hire elite web designers? It's downright incredible how Google somehow manages to make every new design look even worse than the last one, I wonder how they're going to out do themselves next time and make an even worse UI.

• milkmansun, SFPD officer and Ermac. like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

I admit, when it comes to website updates I don't care much but this new update is horrible. Too compact for my liking. 

I bet in the few hours our friend Bob will come back with his new army.

youtube-comments-bob.png

• milkmansun, universetwisters, THE GHETTO SAMURAI and 2 others like this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Even the Guide menu wants to roll it self up at the slightest click. So stupid I like it permanently down. No need to roll it up EVER!

Coke, bath salts, PCP. Honestly which one was it?

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by Boris The Vodka, 21 February 2014 - 11:08 AM.

I, for once, like the recent update. The video centering was unnecessary, I agree, but overall it looks pretty neat and fine.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

I wouldn't hate it as much, if it just didn't waste so much space. The video centering is just an awful idea and on YouTube, watching videos is 90% of what I spend my time on the site doing, so that's a pretty big and bad change in my eyes. 

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Allvater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

I don't see any changes. But maybe that's just because I use YouTube only on my smartphone and there was no update.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, I think it's only an update for web browsers as of right now.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

seems fine to me.

this is nothing compared to the G+ nonsense.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

So are we gonna make a thread every time YouTube f*cks up their website even more?

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

I don't mind it. They just need to fix the whole not being able to comment on certain yet seemingly random comments. 

I cannot for the life of me understand why they butchered the commenting system so horridly along with relocating the inbox to an obscure hidden location. If their aim was to get people to stop using it then GG google, atleast you succeeded with me. 

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

This actually looks better for 1080p monitors(like mine :p ) Everything is centered, rather to the left, after which it left a bunch of white useless space, now it's at least in center.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

I liked it better towards the left, mainly because I was so used to it. Can they please stop releasing updates every 2 months and change the entire system right after I get used to the old one? Is it too much to ask?

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

It's sh*t alright. Obligatory reaction gif.

tumblr_mnh5ur6faK1st6jo0o1_500.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • Palau

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:04 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 21 February 2014 - 12:10 PM.

Hey guys,

http://youtube.com/feather_beta

i6Tasnn.jpg

I mean, it looks a bit like a pyramid now, but it gets rid of the menus, comments sections, the majority of the suggested videos (and seems to replace them with relevant ones, but I haven't payed much attention), and most of the useless crap they put underneath the video. "Out of sight, out of mind."

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Looks the same for me, I like the video on the left with suggestions on the right.
Centred is strange.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

It's "okay".

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

It´s "working".

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I still want them to get rid of this "header" Bullsh*t and bring back themes and layouts.

Was so much nicer to see a cool theme rather than a white webpage with a custom header.

• Joe Chip likes this

Yolo Swaggins
  • Yolo Swaggins

Supreme Gentleman

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Updating the design and comment system is one thing, but why would you f*ck up some of the features that already worked well?

For example: You used to be able to click a "time" in the comments section, and it would make the video go to that specific time point. Now when you click a time link, it opens up a whole new f*cking window, and now you have two videos running.

Get your sh*t together Youtube. And no one wants your stupid Google+ crap, so you can stop shorhorning it into every little thing.

• Mince likes this

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I don't mind it. They just need to fix the whole not being able to comment on certain yet seemingly random comments. 

I cannot for the life of me understand why they butchered the commenting system so horridly along with relocating the inbox to an obscure hidden location. If their aim was to get people to stop using it then GG google, atleast you succeeded with me. 

Yea I never commented on the royal screwup on the comments section. I should've back then. It was just srpung up on me one day. But it sucks commenting is so bad I cant even describe but before it was better.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

If I could, I would kidnap the fools who come up with the updates every 3 months, and exile them to a random island in the middle of the ocean.

Right when you adapt to the recent changes and get over your beefs, they decide to change the layout again. First they tease you with it and you get disgusted. It goes away for a day or two and you are glad the other layout is back. But then you wake up one morning and see that the new layout is back and on every browser and is here to stay.

It's bloody annoying. Can Google take the f*cking hint, only a third of people like their updates and they still go on as if they are receiving no negative feedback whatsoever. I despise companies that ignore their consumers and make unnecessary changes way too often.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

God damn yo, I strongly believe the mega websites like YouTube and Facebook all have a bi-monthly quota to meet for design changes or else they all get fired.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

I rather have Youtube focus on the bugs. There's now a bug where if a video is just uploaded it's sometimes just a black screen. You can get around it by changing the video quality, but still annoying. Also a bug that's been around for years: videos not processing.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • Palau

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:17 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 21 February 2014 - 08:17 PM.

I still want them to get rid of this "header" Bullsh*t and bring back themes and layouts.

Was so much nicer to see a cool theme rather than a white webpage with a custom header.

Hell yeah. The channel layout/background designs, and the neat little things you could put in that "about me" pane, those really made each channel interesting, and worth clicking on. I mean, some people had really dumb sh*t on their channel, but at least they were unique. :)

• Mince likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Pent Kaul

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

They changed it again?

Goddamnit. Now it looks like some autistic teenager went in and f*cked with the layout. Now it looks cheap and gaudy.

• Shenmue18, Empty World and Sting4S like this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

When you go on peoples channels to view new videos, I f*cking hate it!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I never mind when websites update the layout as for the first week or so yes it can be annoying as you are used to it being a certain way. Once you get use to it though it's not a problem.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

It's like youtube is a scab and they can't stop picking at it.

• epoxi, Moth and calearne like this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Goddamnit. Now it looks like some autistic teenager went in and f*cked with the layout. Now it looks cheap and gaudy.

seriously??

talk about an overreaction.

it really doesn't look much different than it did 48 hours ago.... they moved around some menus. I would hardly call it the debacle of an autistic teenager :sigh:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users