it's been almost 5 months...

56 replies to this topic
TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

Native Texan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

I run perfectly fine on other games. GTA is the only one giving me problems lately. Dropped from the session as soon as I join several times a day.

LRULES07
  • LRULES07

The King of Jokes

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

They still haven't fixed the mask coming off when you smoke. I missed doing it with the pojo mask it looked like you were smoking the cigar on the mask that was so badass.

PSplayer
  • PSplayer

Heist me!, Babe !

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

This might help if you know how to do port forwarding for your modem.

http://support.rocks...l-from-rockstar

http://portforward.com/

Also I have my IP Address Allocation set to static and this is what helps me to stay online. If I don't do any of this it will just give me the unknown network error trying to join an online game.

^^ This

Play around with it, DMZ your console (dont use wifi)

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:19 AM Edited by siray, 21 February 2014 - 08:19 AM.

I've got the same problem, however how could it be my internet if all the other games run perfectly online.

as DatTwista mentioned above R* servers are very sensitive to even slightly unstable connections,I think he's right

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Stop download pr0n m8

• Hanshot 420th likes this

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

Didn't someone post up that GTAO uses a lot of your data allowance? If you have one of course.

It seems that every time you do anything, the game tells the cloud and the cloud responds to the game. Not talking about gameplay, that's handled by XBL/PSN, I mean the socialclub side, every time you kill a ped, cop, player, it changes your stats.

Every time you fire your gun you get updated stat!

This game tracks faaaar too much stuff.

• siray likes this

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

I have 30mbps fibre optic broadband and I get this issue occasionally so it has nothing to do with connect speeds.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

My problems with dropping sessions stopped the day I bought a lan cable instead of using wifi........

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

My problems with dropping sessions stopped the day I bought a lan cable instead of using wifi........

Must have been some pretty shocking wifi?

I have used wifi for many many many years on xbox and PC, simply because I can't be bothered running cables everywhere when I can link up wireless.

Rarely get any issues with connectivity on xbox or PC, sure it has a few hiccups from time to time, but so do many people I know who are wired.

With wifi, YMMV.

As long as your wifi speed between the xbox/ps3 and the router is faster than your actual internet speed, you should be good. (Which is like, always, unless you are on some prototype stuff in Sweden or something, which I doubt you are.)

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

My stepson constantly watches nerd 3 on YouTube!

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

My stepson constantly watches nerd 3 on YouTube!

While you game?

Youtube can sometimes steal all your speed, depends upon the video and your settings though.

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

Settings will be factory, I'm not really up to speed on messing with that stuff. Yes to while I'm playing :-(

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Pro tip #1- In order to stop getting time out errors, consider getting better internet

You sir, have no idea what you're talking about. Just leave..

• siray likes this

GTA Banjo
  • GTA Banjo

Blowing Virtual Characters Since 2013

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

It's been almost 5 months? Thanks for the update man. 

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Settings will be factory, I'm not really up to speed on messing with that stuff. Yes to while I'm playing :-(

I looked up nerd 3 and it seems most of their videos are quite lengthy, does he watch those ones?

I don't know for sure, but my torrent speeds fall a fair bit when I load up those longer videos.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:49 AM Edited by gnad.1992, 21 February 2014 - 10:49 AM.

I have 56k dial up and never timed out

Jk

2mb here and i rarely had any problems after patch 1.06

manicmechanic71
  • manicmechanic71

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Yes he does Nipper, just something I have to put up with - I used to have capped Internet, that changed after he ran up a £65 bill watching that and stampy bloody longnose. What a turd he sounds!

miklad
  • miklad

...playing since Pong.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

I've just done the speedtest here and only get a piffling 4.58mbps Download and 0.62 Mbps Upload, yet have never had any issues playing GTAO. Wireless too.

?

Thecomrade9
  • Thecomrade9

Cya in badsport

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

1h2i_eff_u82ez.jpg

OJ Simpson. Where's my dinner
  • A Maned Wolf likes this

BusterMcKnuckles
  • BusterMcKnuckles

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

It's not about what ISP people are using. This isn't a massive problem for me, but it does happen at least once a night when I am playing. It also happens to my friends that play on PS3 (I'm on 360) and have different ISPs, in fact we both have the exact same complaints about matchmaking and the connection issues...It's definitely on R*'s side.

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:27 PM Edited by siray, 22 February 2014 - 03:48 AM.

I have 30mbps fibre optic broadband and I get this issue occasionally so it has nothing to do with connect speeds.

damn how much does it cost??

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

TexasToast712

I play a ton other games too and they work fine

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

1h2i_eff_u82ez.jpg

Obviously Sam Jack

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Had a few issues but I keep signing out of psn at random moments on lots of other games. Either I have faulty LAN cable or my internet randomly drops.

Possibly try turning your modem off for about 3 minutes and let it cycle then plug it back.in and reconnect, I used to have issues as will got a new ISP and its a ton better.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

At one stage the timed out issues were horrific but seem to have gotten better. I still get the error message quite regularly though.

I've also spent tremendous amounts of time fiddling with internet settings on the router, DMZ, port forwards and all that crap. PS3 settings I've changed on countless occasions and I've managed to get my setup up running the best it can - still problematic but works most times. Wired and wireless.

I believe there are quite a few factors involved and not just speed of the internet connection you're running on. I'm playing on a 1mb line and a few weeks back our ISP had downtime, when the internet came back up I was on an unrestricted line (They messed up somewhere). So from my usual 128kb/s speed all the way upto 2mb/s speed, no difference on GTA online. Naturally one would think, wow 2mb per second, that is gonna be awesome for online gaming, well its not. Just by looking at the game setup itself, everything is on disc already, the amount of data being transferred is basically only for the movement and positioning of whatever is happening on your screen. Heck I'm sure you would be able to play on a 512kb line without much of a hassle too.

But then there are also things to think about, ping times etc...

R* servers are very sensitive to internet connectivity, if there was a drop in your internet connection, even just slightly, you're gonna get timed out. IT is vital in online gaming that the connection is as smooth as can be and R* has taken measures to make sure that all players are able to player without them worrying about other's connectivity. There is nothing worse than being in a deathmatch and a player just appears all over the screen randomly because he has a crap internet connection. Why would everyone else have to suffer because of his uploads not being up to standard?

So my communities internet must be leached off of the neighbouring towns internet?  Because every person I talk to in my town in Northern Canada has these issues, from COD, to ME3 to Gtao...f*ck yea, I wouldn't want it any other way, us Northerner's can handle the heat and the cold, send us a sunny day day brother and he'll be begging for a parka

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

Again, Sushi Wolf with the bad info.

Or rather, I should say, helpful basic info that really has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

If you have an old router, replace it. If service seems wonky, reset modem, reset router. Always try to play wired if you can.

All that said and the issue is STILL the Rockstar servers.

This is not new information, btw. It's been a known issue/Achilles heel for years now. 

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

Again, Sushi Wolf with the bad info.

Or rather, I should say, helpful basic info that really has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

If you have an old router, replace it. If service seems wonky, reset modem, reset router. Always try to play wired if you can.

All that said and the issue is STILL the Rockstar servers.

This is not new information, btw. It's been a known issue/Achilles heel for years now. 

I begged the IT guy at my work to help me with my gaming and Netflix issues, and he said that this is key to success is winning the lag warz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users