it's been almost 5 months...

56 replies to this topic
siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:23 AM

and they still haven't been able to completely fix timed out and unknown connection error what a f*cking shame

• gnad.1992 and Lamborghini1335 like this

FlatsTheButtKicker
  • FlatsTheButtKicker

ɹǝɥɔʇᴉlƃ pnoɹԀ

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

Pro tip #1- In order to stop getting time out errors, consider getting better internet

• hywelkidd, Xyn, SCS_Skreamies and 8 others like this

Original Sin
  • Original Sin

Rat

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by Original Sin, 21 February 2014 - 04:27 AM.

Pro tip #1- In order to stop getting time out errors, consider getting better internet

A friend of mine complained how bad the game was, and that it was always kicking him. Then he moved, and got a different ISP... all fixed up.

Nicholas5
  • Nicholas5

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

I've never had either of those problems you've mentioned.

Psoloquoise
  • Psoloquoise

Ghoti Monger

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:27 AM Edited by Psoloquoise, 21 February 2014 - 04:28 AM.

Tbh I expected heist related OP

siray
  • siray

Vaas

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

using 4 MB connection,playing a ton of other online games and they never give connection error

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

1h2i_eff_u82ez.jpg

• Mr. Rocko and Sushi__Wolf like this

Alarming
  • Alarming

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Had a few issues but I keep signing out of psn at random moments on lots of other games. Either I have faulty LAN cable or my internet randomly drops.

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

I had this happen a lot to me back then, but I haven't seen that error since probably December.

There are times where the game kicks me out when loading a playlist but it works the second time.

Xyn
  • Xyn

Wɇ Diɇ Alonɇ

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Respected 2014

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

and they still haven't been able to completely fix timed out and unknown connection error what a f*cking shame

The only shame is your internet connection.
I had a 2mb connection & the game acted just like yours. Got a 6mb connection & I have had no problems with it now. Magic.

IXBillyXI
  • IXBillyXI

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

This might help if you know how to do port forwarding for your modem.

http://support.rocks...l-from-rockstar

http://portforward.com/

Also I have my IP Address Allocation set to static and this is what helps me to stay online. If I don't do any of this it will just give me the unknown network error trying to join an online game.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

1h2i_eff_u82ez.jpg

I wanna say Will Smith, but my gut is telling me Samuel L........I KNOW it's not Morgan Freeman....

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

My WHOLE f*cking neighborhood has a choked/pinched cable that is laid underneath the street. We have called comcast about it and they said they would have to get a seperate contractor to dig up the street and replace the f*cking wire.

Of course if you have dealt with comcast then you know that they will do everything in their power to NOT do that cause it costs them money for their own f*ck up... Been a year and half and still haven't gotten it fixed.

Sucks to suck.

K1llad0r
  • K1llad0r

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

I have 3mb dsl speed and i play fine. Try another modem. My old one game me nat type 3 which didnt let me play gta online. Got another modem snd back to nat type 2 and was good to play.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 21 February 2014 - 06:14 AM.

this is no joke. at&t comes over cuts the line and leaves it like that. i call up my provider and they come over confused by at&ts actions.

the only thing they could do is run a temp line using an orange extension cord. 

now i dont know what to blame when sh*t gets weird online. im playing a race online and some random player not on the list of players is blinking/bleeding on the hood of my car slowing me down. damn you luis, who ever you are.

• Hanshot 420th likes this

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

If I do any missions and then return to Free Roam it shows all 15 other players leave the lobby and I'm disconnected from XBL. Hope they fix this stuff before a year. By then I doubt I'll even still own GTA5.
  • siray likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

That pure and utter bullsh*t.

For one, I think you mean "Internet Service Provider" as I doubt they will be able to replace the ENTIRE INTERNET.

Secondly, your answer is wrong and very misleading.

OP - this is a huge issue for me as well. I just want ONE DAY where me and my crewmates can stay connected without being split from session/timed out/frozen in the clouds/dropped from lobby/etc/etc/etc.

It really is a shame that the corporate types have screwed with this beautiful game so much with their obsessive focus on mission payments when the #1 issue they SHOULD have focused on, and this goes back to Red Dead or even GTA IV, is connectivity.

Put another way: Do they STILL rent server space?

• siray likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You come at the king you best not miss.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

That pure and utter bullsh*t.

For one, I think you mean "Internet Service Provider" as I doubt they will be able to replace the ENTIRE INTERNET.

Secondly, your answer is wrong and very misleading.

OP - this is a huge issue for me as well. I just want ONE DAY where me and my crewmates can stay connected without being split from session/timed out/frozen in the clouds/dropped from lobby/etc/etc/etc.

It really is a shame that the corporate types have screwed with this beautiful game so much with their obsessive focus on mission payments when the #1 issue they SHOULD have focused on, and this goes back to Red Dead or even GTA IV, is connectivity.

Put another way: Do they STILL rent server space?
His answer isnt wrong or misleading, there is a very good chance the problem is on your end. I play with about 20 or so of my crew mates regularly and only one person ever has a problem connecting. It just so happens the person who has connection problems is using bootleg wifi from his neighbor. We arnt all from the same area either they stretch from the east coast to the Midwest to the south to the west coast and even Canada and no connection problems whatsoever.

It's easy to blame rockstar but in reality it's most likely your ISP, router, modem, or traffic on your network.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Goddamit stop spreading misinformation.

EVERYBODY I KNOW HAS THESE ISSUES

If you don't, you are lucky, but don't spread rumors that aren't true as you are currently doing, Kornbread.

• Hanshot 420th likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You come at the king you best not miss.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

If you don't, you are lucky, but don't spread rumors that aren't true as you are currently doing, Kornbread.

It's not a rumor. One person I play with regularly has connection issues and they are using wifi from their neighbor. Nobody else out of the group of 20 or so that I play with regularly have connection issues at all.

If the connection issues were as rampant as you are making them out to be then more than just the guy who is leaching Internet from his neighbor would be having connection issues. Also most of the people in this thread are not having connection issues and more than one person has mentioned connection issues are normally caused from the users Internet connection.

You may want to stop spreadin misinformation and just a tip but writing in all caps doesn't make something true.
  • Daviedv likes this

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

At one stage the timed out issues were horrific but seem to have gotten better. I still get the error message quite regularly though.

I've also spent tremendous amounts of time fiddling with internet settings on the router, DMZ, port forwards and all that crap. PS3 settings I've changed on countless occasions and I've managed to get my setup up running the best it can - still problematic but works most times. Wired and wireless.

I believe there are quite a few factors involved and not just speed of the internet connection you're running on. I'm playing on a 1mb line and a few weeks back our ISP had downtime, when the internet came back up I was on an unrestricted line (They messed up somewhere). So from my usual 128kb/s speed all the way upto 2mb/s speed, no difference on GTA online. Naturally one would think, wow 2mb per second, that is gonna be awesome for online gaming, well its not. Just by looking at the game setup itself, everything is on disc already, the amount of data being transferred is basically only for the movement and positioning of whatever is happening on your screen. Heck I'm sure you would be able to play on a 512kb line without much of a hassle too.

But then there are also things to think about, ping times etc...

R* servers are very sensitive to internet connectivity, if there was a drop in your internet connection, even just slightly, you're gonna get timed out. IT is vital in online gaming that the connection is as smooth as can be and R* has taken measures to make sure that all players are able to player without them worrying about other's connectivity. There is nothing worse than being in a deathmatch and a player just appears all over the screen randomly because he has a crap internet connection. Why would everyone else have to suffer because of his uploads not being up to standard?

• siray likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

This election sucks.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

LOL, you're not alone.

I have this problem too. Is this a bad internet connection? I'm using Comcast/Xfinity. Wish we could make the upload speed faster though. :/

3321307605.png

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

It hasn't been fixed, because the chances are the problem is likely on your end.

danzor
  • danzor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

I've got the same problem, however how could it be my internet if all the other games run perfectly online.

PoopyThomas
  • PoopyThomas

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:25 AM

LOL, you're not alone.

I have this problem too. Is this a bad internet connection? I'm using Comcast/Xfinity. Wish we could make the upload speed faster though. :/

3321307605.png

Damn, I get 31 down and 9 up and still have this problem too :(

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

This election sucks.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:28 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 21 February 2014 - 07:33 AM.

Damn, I get 31 down and 9 up and still have this problem too :(

Yeahh, it really sucks dude. :/

I even have an open NAT. It doesn't happen as much as it did a month ago (It was Moderate at the time), but it'll happen every once in a while.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

It's been 5 months and you still haven't realized that you need to do something about your internet. Either your internet is bad in general, or you need to tweak settings in your router. You probably need to open up ports. That is probably the #1 problem with people not being able to establish a connection.

BuckScrotum
  • BuckScrotum

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Cre

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

If you are running a wireless router the current space weather is also not helping. 

STORMY SPACE WEATHER: For the past two days, space weather around Earth has been stormy, a situation that might continue through the weekend. CMEs struck Earth's magnetic field on Feb. 19th and 20th, producing G2-class geomagnetic storms and auroras over more than half a dozen US States. Another CME is due on Feb. 21st followed by another on Feb. 22nd. The incoming CMEs are minor, but their combined impacts could add up to something more. NOAA forecasters estimate a 50% chance of polar geomagnetic storms on Feb. 21st.

http://spaceweather.com/

• siray likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users