Survival with Unlimited Rounds

18 replies to this topic
Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:37 AM

I've been thinking about this a fair bit and I would love R* to introduce a version of Survival with unlimited rounds.

1. The NPCs would progressively have more armor and/or better weapons.
  2. Every 5 or 10 rounds you'd have a really tough round. Much like helicopters now appear in rounds 4, 7 and 10; you could find yourself facing a tank or a round of just helicopters etc,
  3. Money payout would increase the further you go so if you end up doing 100 rounds, you could net 200-300k or more if it makes sense.

Due to the limited ammo you can carry, players would have to think tactically about how to use their ammo efficiently and sparingly. So this means:

1. Using pistols early on in rounds where the NPCs have less armor, health and ability to aim. Working your way up to rifles at the end.
  2. Sharing ammo with team mates in later rounds. Particularly the more explosive weapons required to take out tanks and helicopters (more so in helicopter only rounds). This is particularly necessary as a preventative measure for losing a player who has all the RPGs left for example.
  3. The emphasis for survival is placed on team work. I envisage that taking out a tank would require someone to distract the tank and draw its fire whilst other team mates stickybomb or RPG it from another direction.

What do you guys think? I want to gather a thought out concept before making the suggestion to R*.

• GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 AM

Seems good on paper...

• Sangers likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 AM

Sounds great! But wouldn't people  just grab  the  tank that spawns and  use that to win?

• GTA-Freak-Vi, Mr-lol and AJ-Cook like this

Lamborghini1335
  • Lamborghini1335

Come and get me...

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:42 AM

Yes, but you can't use vehicles in survival mode to begin with, and C* would have to come up with an anti-air rocket launcher to deal with heli's

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

100 rounds straight of survival would take like 4 hours.
  • Sangers likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

100 rounds straight of survival would take like 4 hours.

Then you'd best bunker down with some snacks and turn off your phone. BRING IT

• bootswitdafur likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Bus driver-opus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

Yes, but you can't use vehicles in survival mode to begin with, and C* would have to come up with an anti-air rocket launcher to deal with heli's

Actually so can. Sometimes I get a random car spawning when I do Boneyard. I can drive it around or whatever

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

Actually so can. Sometimes I get a random car spawning when I do Boneyard. I can drive it around or whatever

I think the general rule is if a combatant drives it into the battle zone and gets out of it, you can't drive it. If it's a random pedestrian driving it in between rounds or at the beginning, or if there are some nearby like in the parking lot of Del Perro Pier, then you can drive it.

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:18 AM Edited by xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx, 21 February 2014 - 04:19 AM.

10/10 would play
  • Sangers likes this

Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

Send this suggestion to Rockstar's Suggestion Box and that E-mail they constantly provide!!!!! I know a lot of people would support this. Something like Red Dead Redemption Zombie Outbrake survivals

• Sangers likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

I've just been thinking about the ammo sharing thing and I think they would have to have a bigger time break in between some of the major rounds. Like every 5 rounds. Maybe before a major round where you know you're going to face a tank or something. This could be dismissed by every player voting that they are "ready".

Xyn
  • Xyn

Vɨʈɨaʈɇ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

Don't the Hillbillies/cops gradually gain more armor/health/better guns already?
Sounds good though...

But what I want is to put the NPC's to proper use...like kidnapping.

R* has said (read: promised) that the NPC's are "dynamic & live their lives independently from the player. You could follow them for hours and be amazed at how they carry on their day". since Vice City & i have yet to see that.

Instead, why not make it so you can nab one or more of them & ask for a ransom. The NPC's "family" could either pay, not pay, call the cops, or hire hitmen to take you out while you make the exchange...and on & on.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

Undead Overrun was amazing. I was really hoping Survival would be more of this.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

Sangers what you need to do before you send you suggestion to Rockstar is to get together people that are for it gamer tags and include them. Or write a very good proposal and post it here and we can copy/paste and flood them. 

• Sangers likes this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Sangers what you need to do before you send you suggestion to Rockstar is to get together people that are for it gamer tags and include them. Or write a very good proposal and post it here and we can copy/paste and flood them. 

Great! My intention was to get everyone to contribute to the proposal here - hence my post.

I will edit the OP with our ideas.

I like the gamer tags petition idea. Please let me know if I can add yours to the OP as a supporter.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

Great! My intention was to get everyone to contribute to the proposal here - hence my post.

I will edit the OP with our ideas.

I like the gamer tags petition idea. Please let me know if I can add yours to the OP as a supporter.

Have them pm them to you. Some people don't like others on the board spamming them

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

Nobody will play the "Sawmill" now because it takes like 5 minutes longer than Boneyard. The die hards would enjoy unlimited  waves but the masses would probably ck out.

gab-x-terminator
  • gab-x-terminator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

Yeah and add easter eggs so it becomes like black ops zombies

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

Ehh. It should just be that everyone round past 10 is nothing but NPCs in juggernaut suits from SP. Each round after 10 pays 5-10k.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users