I've been thinking about this a fair bit and I would love R* to introduce a version of Survival with unlimited rounds.
- The NPCs would progressively have more armor and/or better weapons.
- Every 5 or 10 rounds you'd have a really tough round. Much like helicopters now appear in rounds 4, 7 and 10; you could find yourself facing a tank or a round of just helicopters etc,
- Money payout would increase the further you go so if you end up doing 100 rounds, you could net 200-300k or more if it makes sense.
Due to the limited ammo you can carry, players would have to think tactically about how to use their ammo efficiently and sparingly. So this means:
- Using pistols early on in rounds where the NPCs have less armor, health and ability to aim. Working your way up to rifles at the end.
- Sharing ammo with team mates in later rounds. Particularly the more explosive weapons required to take out tanks and helicopters (more so in helicopter only rounds). This is particularly necessary as a preventative measure for losing a player who has all the RPGs left for example.
- The emphasis for survival is placed on team work. I envisage that taking out a tank would require someone to distract the tank and draw its fire whilst other team mates stickybomb or RPG it from another direction.
What do you guys think? I want to gather a thought out concept before making the suggestion to R*.