Photo

Stocks Constantly Plummeting?

7 replies to this topic
Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

This has got to be the millionth BAWSAQ thread but a quick scrollthrough didn't show any official threads so I digress. Has anyone discovered any true logic to the fluctuation of commodities, and with that said, can they explain why the majority of the stocks have plummeted down to $2-$4 a share? Are we positive these prices aren't being manually controlled by Rockstar to avoid people buying cheap and profiting by 1,000%+? How can a clothing manufacturer like Binco or a weapons establishment like Ammunation be on such a downward spiral, but Pump N Run is doing amazing? I must have been kidding myself all this time and essentially know NOTHING about how the stock market works lol

DFur4M
  • DFur4M

Papoi

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

The stock market is extremely easy with help of the guide in this forum.. i have around 2 billions and it is really way more than i need

What are you talking about? i dont get it so well

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

No I agree the stock market IS easy. My point is simply that if you look at the BAWSAQ section on Social Club, you'll see that most of the stocks which had highs of $700-$1,000+ per share (and were frequently sitting at those levels) have recently all collapsed down to nothing.

Now sure I could watch closely and sell when a share goes up by a dollar or two but that's stupid because at that rate, you're never really looking at big gains without big investments. Afterall, I wasn't saying that I didn't know how to make money, I was saying that I want to buy hundreds of thousands of shares at $1-$3 a share then have the share price shoot up into the hundreds haha. Many of us have done this numerous times with Pisswasser. Everything else is unrealistic in the game; no need to take the exaggeration out of the stock market. :)

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:21 AM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 01 March 2014 - 12:11 AM.

Setting aside the Assassination mission - the only reason the stock market exists, and it seems the only way R* wanted you to make money - there is something very wrong with this feature.

Since sept, I noticed a handful of stocks kept changing - every hour or two they'd go from + to - and you could get a nice profit. We all know, I'm sure, that investing in HAL has been very good for most - that and a couple of lucky breaks got me 30M for F&M. But now I'm trying to boost T's money. I dumped 5M into Flyus - in my last playthough that moved like a yo-yo, and the "airport" trick actually worked.

Now, however, the stocks are not changing much, if at all, and as soon as i invest, they drop and stay there. It really feels like R*'s latest patch is deliberately doing this.

It seems the only way to make a decent profit is those assassination missions, and the one time i saw WHIZZ plummet to -94%
I sold at a 550% profit or something crazy (it took a measley 10 Mil and after that one investment i could buy the golf club).

EDIT i removed the update and managed to break even with Trevor. In fact i made a $9,000 profit (invested 5M). Well worth it....

:sui:

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

my stocks seem to just go down & down every time I check them, never seem to go into the + any more. This is after finishing the game 100% . My stocks atm are down the best part of a Mil & ive had them for ages. remember reading that they all recover after time but this don't seem to be happening. any ideas on how to increase them would be much appreciated.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

You can try what I did and remove the update; that got my stocks moving again - removed it and cycled some time and saved then redownloaded it

Since then I've almost tripled Trevor's money

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Removing updates won't do anything in regards to the BAWSAQ. It's based on Social Club stats meaning we all see the same thing. Department of Water and Power is going back up which has made me a couple mil so far but all 10 stocks I've invested in, which have topped out at $700+ or more a share are now all under $10. Blows. I mean I understand it's just a game and after a while you don't really need more money but it could be a fun little minigame if the prices fluctuated a little more rather than bottoming out then going + or - $1

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

My bad. That was regarding Fly US which had stayed a constant rate for 2 weeks. Removing the update seemed to kickstart the LCN into working again, then i saved and stocks are now back to normal.

Keep an eye on Whizz guys. That has fallen to -200 or more in my game at least 3 times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users