Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people still think GTA V (sp) is still a 9/10 game?

95 replies to this topic

Poll: Do people still think GTA V (sp) is still a 9/10 game? (155 member(s) have cast votes)

Was V"s Single Player worthy of 9/10 + ratings

1. Yes Worthy of 9/10+ reviews and ratings (106 votes [68.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.39%

2. No not worthy of 9/10 + reviews and ratings (49 votes [31.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:20 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 05:21 AM.

Everyone praises RDR, and never talks about its story.

It has 57 main missions, and how many of those are animal herding and doing stupid farm stuff? I'm pretty sure it's over 7, so that leaves less than 50 actual missions.

It's basically the equivalent of V's 69 missions and heist preperations.

And yet, no one ever talks about RDR's short story and stupid missions like they talk about V's.

Yes, RDR has the better story, but it's definitely shorter than V.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:32 AM Edited by redx165, 21 February 2014 - 05:34 AM.

It has 57 main missions, and how many of those are animal herding and doing stupid farm stuff? I'm pretty sure it's over 7, so that leaves less than 50 actual missions.

And yet, no one ever talks about RDR's short story and stupid missions like they talk about V's.

There's 1 playable character in RDR. ( I don't really count spoiler Jack cause we didn't know him. If you want to I guess you can say 2 but still way better developed than all 3 protagonists in V )

There's 3 playable characters in GTA V. 

RDR can do that cause they only focus on 1 character. 
GTA V on the other had has 3 and we all know the outcome of its sh*t story. 

RDR missions are not all the same. It starts off slow to bring you into the world then get better with gun fights ( Not huge ones ). 

Also how many missions were Heist setup? 10? So that's 59 missions for 3 characters. 

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:39 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 05:42 AM.

True, GTA 5 does have 3 protagonists, but I don't think that makes a huge difference. Aren't most of the missions done with at least 2 of the protagonists, too? It's not like every mission was done by a single guy. That would make it short.

It's a good point, but I don't think it makes that much of a difference.

RDR missions aren't all the same, and neither are V's, thank God.

I have no idea how many Heist setup missions there are.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

True, GTA 5 does have 3 protagonists, but I don't think that makes a huge difference. Aren't most of the missions done with at least 2 of the protagonists, too? It's not like every mission was done by a single guy. That would make it short.

3 protagonist with only 69 missions. 

We needed character development. 

Franklin is a bland and emotionless guy. 

Michael is a Angry Husband and Father

Trevor is drug crazy psycho

The only character that got a decent amount of development was Michael. Trevor had too many over the top missions and Franklin was everyone's bitch boy. 

That's one thing I got to say about V. They did do missions better than IV. Lots of different ones but a huge draw back was they were too linear. 

• sqre and SFPD officer like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

The only character that got a decent amount of development was Michael. Trevor had too many over the top missions and Franklin was everyone's bitch boy. 

That's one thing I got to say about V. They did do missions better than IV. Lots of different ones but a huge draw back was they were too linear. 

I really think Franklin was just thrown in. I mean, he's easily the weakest character.

You can definitely tell Michael was the first guy they came up with, and Trevor must've been second because of how the story basically revolves around both of them.

Wonder how the game would've been if it was just Michael and Trevor...

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:58 AM

I really think Franklin was just thrown in. I mean, he's easily the weakest character.

You can definitely tell Michael was the first guy they came up with, and Trevor must've been second because of how the story basically revolves around both of them.

Wonder how the game would've been if it was just Michael and Trevor...

The story would of been way better. 

Though the game started off good with Franklin and Michael and it just went downhill when we meet Trevor. 

I mean if we had Michael ( A experience bank robber ) and Franklin ( A gangbanger trying to get out ) rob banks until then end in which one betrays the other or both try to escape the police. 

Now if it was just Michael and Trevor then I think they would had to tone down Trevor. I wouldn't really see people liking him as much as they do now. I mean for story purposes Michael is smart one, Franklin is the chilled one and most loyal one, and Trevor is the crazy one. Trevor works perfect with 3 protagonist. If they didn't have Franklin then Trevor would feel way too forced on us. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:15 AM

Story is a 5/10 for me. Gameplay will be 9/10.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:19 AM

69 missions.

+

missions.

Several of them are "get this item for this heist" and can be done by walking up to a vendor and buying an item.

It's painfully obvious where their intentions lie and I'll give you a hint: it isn't in single player.

69 missions, where the ones that aren't heist preparations are varied and mostly long.

69 missions, where there's also a bunch of Strangers and Freaks missions that make the mission count 129.

69 missions, with also tons of things to explore and collect.

69 missions, with a bunch of activities that are actually full-fledged.

And more

But yeah, let's just ignore all that.

Word!

There is still so much more to do in SP than just story missions. I remember saying to myself towards the end of the story while doing a strangers mission "these are missions in themselves. They add so much more, who would complain about this?" Not to mention the property missions, random occurrences, and stunt jumps.

People complaining about the game saying it sucks are apoiled brats who are new to the game. The rest are old time players who have matured since GTA 1,2 or 3 and came to appreciate the ridiculous amounts of detail put into the game.

10/10 game

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

To me it's a clear 10/10. Best game of this gen.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

I tell you what's missing from V's story.

Mission strands. In every GTA you meet a guy, work for him and that is an entire storyline (subplot). In V, there is very little of that - the stories connected to the "side" missions are very shallow and quick.

In IV, you got involved in jamacian gang war, russian mob, italian mob, shady government agencies - all this interweaved with but alongside the main plot of finding Florian/Darko and the eventual Dimitri story.

In V, heists are the focus - which is a nice fresh take, though not well done imo. Take away these heists and you're left with barebones of stories. Franklin and Lemar in literally a few missions. Michael and his dysfunctional family (the only story arc i felt was even remotely padded out), Trevor and his bullying of his "friends". The FIB/IAA story line was close to the ULPC one in iv - but remember that  was just ONE of many in IV (or use SA's toreno storyline - it was just one of many).

I feel they comprimised about ten missions PER heist - meaning if there were no heists in V, we could have had about 60 extra missions. Perhaps that's an exaggeration, but that's what V lacks storyline - GTA has always appealed to me because of that. There are a million stories in GTA cities, and we usually saw a lot of them.

think about it - III, VC, SA, IV, LCS, VCS - you always worked for different people and did different things. Yes, many missions were similar (many "drive here, shoot him" - but that is the nature of GTA - if you have issue with that format, go and play a different type of game; it's like me complaining that Gran Turismo is "Drive here before X does" - that's what the game is), and there were many "slow" missions (which were very important in creating story and tension dynamics).
It was a great way of exploring and discovering the world. New characters, different storylines, all rolled into one. V stripped that right back, and the story really felt underdeveloped. They slapping this and that in, previous IV characters, shock tactics, added sh*t to make us think the story's bigger - yes, some missions were bigger and longer, but the story was shorter.

I see the RDR example, and that's a fair and valid point. But, where RDR had a lot of "ranching" missions, you have to realize that was what the game was - the Old West was heavily built on farming and ranching - that's what their economy was. There was no internet or stock market. Only cattle market and cattle drives. So those missions were simply part of the setting.
They also tied into the narrative. It was Marston's battle, his dream, to be a rancher.
RDR could have been longer, and indeed, i would have liked that, but in many ways it didn't need to be. It had a lot in it, and the setting was such that the pace was slower, if you allowed it.

As i said before, V simply did not hit the spot. It's a great game and I enjoy it, but it does not satisfy me as much as other games have done, but it's a hell of a lot better than most.

• SonOfLiberty, sqre, Ermac. and 1 other like this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:41 PM Edited by F4L?, 21 February 2014 - 12:42 PM.

Yes, it is. How does that change over time?

easily, those reviews weren't given the amount of time needed and were just thrown out there to be the first site to have them. 

IGN gave GTA IV a 10/10 yet calls it a overrated game a few years later. 

Those reviewers are usually given the game 1-2 weeks before release, so they can get the reviews out a couple days before release. And once they get the copy, they play it nonstop. It's their job for the next X amount of time.

They have plenty of time to review the games.

And when did IGN say that?

Well actually most of IGN's reviews are completely rigged.
This is an article from March 2013, it was a leaked list of review scores for upcoming games which IGN had not even played yet...isn't that strange.
What's stranger is that every single score here was spot on, this proves that their scores are completely falsified.

http://www.p4rgaming...ase-like-gta-v/

Anyway, I think V wasn't quite a 10/10 for single player alone, i'd give it an 8 personally. An 8 on a real scale by the way. 9/10 would be San Andreas and GTA III for me because of the time period. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

It's still between 8.5 and 9 for me. GTA IV exceeds any measurable scale.:p
  • sqre and Mokrie Dela like this

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

|_______|

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

For me 10/10. Best game EVER

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

For me 10/10. Best game EVER

I said the same thing :) but GTAO should be rate 5/10 or maybe a bit lower.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

It a 10/10 for me,but i would rate GTAO 6/10.

What?

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Yes, it is. How does that change over time?

easily, those reviews weren't given the amount of time needed and were just thrown out there to be the first site to have them. 

IGN gave GTA IV a 10/10 yet calls it a overrated game a few years later. 

Those reviewers are usually given the game 1-2 weeks before release, so they can get the reviews out a couple days before release. And once they get the copy, they play it nonstop. It's their job for the next X amount of time.

They have plenty of time to review the games.

And when did IGN say that?

Well actually most of IGN's reviews are completely rigged.
This is an article from March 2013, it was a leaked list of review scores for upcoming games which IGN had not even played yet...isn't that strange.
What's stranger is that every single score here was spot on, this proves that their scores are completely falsified.

http://www.p4rgaming...ase-like-gta-v/

Anyway, I think V wasn't quite a 10/10 for single player alone, i'd give it an 8 personally. An 8 on a real scale by the way. 9/10 would be San Andreas and GTA III for me because of the time period. 

Oh yes. Funny thing is, that list is not 100% right.

Bioshock Infinite was wrong

Beyond: Two Souls is way wrong. It was given a 6. On the list, it was given a 9. That basically shatters all validity of that leak.

Lost Planet 3 was wrong, with a 6.2 instead of an 8.

The Wonderful 101 was wrong.

Pikmin 3 was wrong.

So, out of the 8 games that are released on that list, 5 of them were wrong.

I don't know how you got "Every single score was spot on".

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

69 missions.

+

missions.

Several of them are "get this item for this heist" and can be done by walking up to a vendor and buying an item.

It's painfully obvious where their intentions lie and I'll give you a hint: it isn't in single player.

1. - 69 missions, where the ones that aren't heist preparations are varied and mostly long.

2. - 69 missions, where there's also a bunch of Strangers and Freaks missions that make the mission count 129.

3. - 69 missions, with also tons of things to explore and collect.

4. - 69 missions, with a bunch of activities that are actually full-fledged.

And more

But yeah, let's just ignore all that.

1. - Varied and mostly long eh? That's why the majority of missions have gold passing times of 5-10 minutes at most.

2. - Some of these stranger and freak missions are good, but after the masterpiece Red Dead Redemption, I expected better.

3. - Debatable at best, irrelevant at worst.

4. - "A bunch of activities" such as? You mean golf, tennis and yoga? Because these are the only activities in the game outside of doing missions. Oh and all those property "activities" are nothing more than GTAO missions at best. Which are bland and boring.

And less.

But yeah, let's be blinded by fanboyish passion and pretend this game wasn't lackluster versus the hype.

• redx165 likes this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

If you think golf tennis and yoga are the only activities outside of missions then you either havent actually played the game or you are high.

When trying to argue a point, stating pure fiction isnt a very effective method.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

If you think golf tennis and yoga are the only activities outside of missions then you either havent actually played the game or you are high.

When trying to argue a point, stating pure fiction isnt a very effective method.

Please enlighten me on these supposed activities.

Using your own imagination in freeroam doesn't count.

heroe
  • heroe

V

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

8/10     R* needs to focus more on SP.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 06:26 PM.

Watching movies, flight school, hanging out with friends, stock market, tennis, golf, yoga, darts, races, towing, property management (I don't care if it sucks, it's still an acitvity), gun range, explore underwater (Although you can take this as an unofficial activity), hang out with Chop, base jumping, go to the amusement park (You can ride the roller coaster and ferris wheel), take bus rides around Los Santos (Again, unofficial, but it's still pretty cool), finding spaceship parts and the secret notes. Finding collectibles are activities in themselves, so yes, they do count.

Also, who cares about gold times? That's if you wanna rush. Do you think GTA 4 is short because you can beat it in 15 hours if all you do is rush and do nothing else? Anything's short when you rush through it. There's a reason I never got the time checkmark, and that's because I didn't rush through everything.

Tell me, would you call Skyrim a short game?

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Watching movies, flight school, hanging out with friends, stock market, tennis, golf, yoga, gun range, explore underwater (Although you can take this as an unofficial activity), hang out with Chop, base jumping, go to the amusement park (You can ride the roller coaster and ferris wheel), take bus rides around Los Santos (Again, unofficial, but it's still pretty cool), finding spaceship parts and the secret notes. Finding collectibles are activities in themselves, so yes, they do count.

Also, who cares about gold times? That's if you wanna rush. Do you think GTA 4 is short because you can beat it in 15 hours if all you do is rush and do nothing else? Anything's short when you rush through it. There's a reason I never got the time checkmark, and that's because I didn't rush through everything.

Watching movies in a video game? Lol how is that fun

Hanging out with friends? Lol how is that fun. It was a hated feature in IV

Stock market is no where as fun as a Casino. 

Tennis is super easy to beat the AI

Golf is fun

Yoga? Why is this on the list? Its a hated feature

Gun Range? Wow its so fun doing target pratice

Underwater? What can I do down there? Be in a sub going 3 MPH?

Chop is also not really a cool feature

Base jumping is too easy

Both the Rollar Coaster and Ferris wheel gets boring fast

Bus ride? Once again is this a video game or what? 

Name some fun activities at least. 

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:29 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 06:30 PM.

What does fun have to do with anything? He said name activities, I named them. Fun is completely irrelevant.

And it's all subjective anyway.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

Golf is fun

Base jumping is too easy

Bingo. Not to mention most of these "activities" are present in GTA IV and EFLC.

GTA V did not innovate or even add to the experience, if anything it detracted.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:01 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 08:36 PM.

Golf is fun

Base jumping is too easy

Not to mention most of these "activities" are present in GTA IV and EFLC.

GTA V did not innovate or even add to the experience, if anything it detracted.

What does that have to do with anything? You asked for activities, and I named them.

GTA V didn't add to the experience? What? Could you elaborate on that?

You should probably play the game again (If you've even played the game), because saying only those 3 activities were available outside of missions shows you need a refresher.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

My only expectations were that all the cool stuff in previous releases, like gambling, hunting/skinning, wide array or ped behavior/action variants seen in GTAIV, enterable buildings like Clucking Bell or Burger Shot (just to name a few), that we've already seen would have made it in this release as well, plus other new and dynamic stuff.  

Sometimes it seems like R* forgot they developed RDR and previous GTA releases, because none of that stuff is in this release as of yet.  I figured R* would add more content, not add some and remove others.  Maybe a console limitation?

In any event, still love GTAV. Definatly an easy 8/10 I'd say.  It's fun and addictive, even with the glaring holes in the game play and content.  

My new expectation is that it will only get better...hope I'm not expecting too much.

Good day,

DrDetroit

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by peluche503, 22 February 2014 - 05:22 PM.

There's 1 playable character in RDR. ( I don't really count spoiler Jack cause we didn't know him. If you want to I guess you can say 2 but still way better developed than all 3 protagonists in V )

There's 3 playable characters in GTA V. 

RDR can do that cause they only focus on 1 character. 
GTA V on the other had has 3 and we all know the outcome of its sh*t story. 

RDR missions are not all the same. It starts off slow to bring you into the world then get better with gun fights ( Not huge ones ). 

Also how many missions were Heist setup? 10? So that's 59 missions for 3 characters.

I thought the heist prep tasks for the paleto score, the jewel store heist, the big score obvious approach, and the minisub were fun because they allowed me to complete them in different ways as opposed to the many linear mission in this game.

For me is quality over quantity. Red Dead and GTA 5 had all of that as opposed to the amount of missions in GTA 4 which were 88, which only had 23 missions I liked and the rest were meh.

Also how are over the top missions bad. If anything that's what a game is supposed to be for , to do all the kinds of sh*ts you can't see the in the real world and now a realistic game is supposed to be more fun than an over the top one? explain to me how is it realistic that only one man can take out a 50 man army with an assault rifle.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

It's still between 8.5 and 9 for me. GTA IV exceeds any measurable scale. :p

Calm down we all know GTA VC is much better than GTA IV.

As for GTA V being a 9+ game still? I would say it is, just. For me personally I would say:

GTA VC - 9.9 / 10

GTA IV - 9.6 / 10

GTA V - 9.3 / 10

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

As for GTA V being a 9+ game still? I would say it is, just. For me personally I would say:

GTA VC - 9.9 / 10

GTA IV - 9.6 / 10

GTA V - 9.3 / 10

I agree VC was better than IV. Well for me

SA GTA gets a 9.5/10

VC deserves a 9.45/10

GTA V deserves a 9.05/10

GTA IV 9/10

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

GTA VC - 9.9 / 10

GTA IV - 9.6 / 10

GTA V - 9.3 / 10

I agree VC was better than IV. Well for me

SA GTA gets a 9.5/10

VC deserves a 9.45/10

GTA V deserves a 9.05/10

GTA IV 9/10

Everyone has different opinions but for me GTA SA is probably the 5th best game of the series so far.

I only gave GTA VC 9.9/10 as even though its my favourite game of all time (near perfect) there's a little bit inside me that hopes that at some point a game could improve on GTA VC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users