Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people still think GTA V (sp) is still a 9/10 game?

95 replies to this topic

Poll: Do people still think GTA V (sp) is still a 9/10 game? (155 member(s) have cast votes)

Was V"s Single Player worthy of 9/10 + ratings

1. Yes Worthy of 9/10+ reviews and ratings (106 votes [68.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 68.39%

2. No not worthy of 9/10 + reviews and ratings (49 votes [31.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by redx165, 20 February 2014 - 09:34 PM.

Yes, it is. How does that change over time?

easily, those reviews weren't given the amount of time needed and were just thrown out there to be the first site to have them. 

IGN gave GTA IV a 10/10 yet calls it a overrated game a few years later. 

Those reviewers are usually given the game 1-2 weeks before release, so they can get the reviews out a couple days before release. And once they get the copy, they play it nonstop. It's their job for the next X amount of time.

They have plenty of time to review the games.

And when did IGN say that?

How do you know they played it nonstop? 

Anyways:
 http://youtu.be/nYYji1D-RhY?t=1m29s

Guy said the first 5 hours playing it he gave it a 10. Then said after 10 more hours the game is not a 10. 

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

I would give the game 8 of 10. But add in all the glitches, bugs and other misc. bullsh*t I have to say 6 (at most) of 10.

The game had so much potential. I think if they would have kept SP as their main focus this game without a doubt could have lived up to all the hype and more.

• sqre likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 20 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

I voted yes, but I think it deserves a 10/10 (and remember. 10/10 does not mean perfect, it as not game is perfect, it is the best game of the year and the best game I have ever played. And before everyone comes it crying about yoga, it was such a minor thing that it does not take away from the final score.

On a side note: people have to stop saying that rockstar didn't focus enough on singeplayer, that is not true as the singleplayer game has the best variety of the entire series and yes, there are some features exclusive to multiplayer, but there are also a lot of features exclusive to singleplayer.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:39 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 20 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

easily, those reviews weren't given the amount of time needed and were just thrown out there to be the first site to have them. 

Those reviewers are usually given the game 1-2 weeks before release, so they can get the reviews out a couple days before release. And once they get the copy, they play it nonstop. It's their job for the next X amount of time.

Anyways:

Guy said the first 5 hours playing it he gave it a 10. Then said after 10 more hours the game is not a 10. 

"How do you know they played it nonstop? "

Because it's their job.

Thanks for the video.

"Guy said the first 5 hours playing it he gave it a 10. Then said after 10 more hours the game is not a 10. "

Was that guy Hilary Goldstein? Because he's the one that reviewed GTA 4 for IGN.

Remember, IGN isn't just one person. Hilary loved it, and someone else coulda hated it. Doesn't mean it's final for everyone.

EDIT: None of them were Hilary, which is exactly my point. IGN isn't a hivemind. People have different opinions. How about that...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Anyways:

"How do you know they played it nonstop? "

Because it's their job.

Thanks for the video.

"Guy said the first 5 hours playing it he gave it a 10. Then said after 10 more hours the game is not a 10. "

Was that guy Hilary Goldstein? Because he's the one that reviewed GTA 4 for IGN.

Remember, IGN isn't just one person. Hilary loved it, and someone else coulda hated it. Doesn't mean it's final for everyone.

EDIT: None of them were Hilary, which is exactly my point. IGN isn't a hivemind. People have different opinions. How about that...

Didn't he leave IGN?

http://www.tssznews....in-leaving-ign/

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'll be honest. Had a lot fun with V (Not as i had with VC, IV and SA in beginning but still), and after all R* did about SP (nothing), it was great. It doesn't have the best story, but some of the features and a lot fun missions are pretty well done. I enjoyed it. Too bad it was short, and focusing on online more. Overall, i can say it's worth 9/10. Also GREAT game.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

I would probably give the single player a 7.5/10 or 8/10 to be completely honest with you.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:11 PM Edited by Official General, 20 February 2014 - 10:12 PM.

It gets an 8/10 from me.

I don't think it deserves a 9, let alone a 10.
  • ActionBronson likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Solid 9/10. GOTY, for me.

Why did you have to mention GOTY, man? Now, Redx will spam this topic. :(

But, I rate GTA V a 9.8/10.

Well, I said it was for me. If anyone disagrees it's their problem.

Hell, I don't mind a GOTY fight here on the forums, so I'll welcome Mr. Redx with open arms.

No, trust me, you won't.

It's not about personal GOTY's. Oh no. It's worse. Way worse. 

I never said I would be involved in the fight. I like to take a seat, grab some popcorn, and let the people entertain me.

And I guess it's time...

kingofpopcorn1.gif

• peardude likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Yeah 8/10 seems about right. I think with the right DLC that could change though if it fixes all the things in SP.

And the whole "Only 69 missions" debate is such sh*t. Might as well say GTA III and VC sucked ass because they didn't have around 120 missions like SA did. RDR was great and that only had around 55. It's a classic quality over quantity issue, and I found that a lot of V's missions were varied and incredibly fun, especially with the great dialogue.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

And the whole "Only 69 missions" debate is such sh*t. Might as well say GTA III and VC sucked ass because they didn't have around 120 missions like SA did. RDR was great and that only had around 55. It's a classic quality over quantity issue, and I found that a lot of V's missions were varied and incredibly fun, especially with the great dialogue.

I agree.

Also, the best part is that with the Strangers and Freaks missions, the mission count is almost 130. And the Strangers and Freaks are actually good lol.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Kids are too whimsical these days. If you think it is not a 9/10 then I really don't think you've thought about it very long. The game is not perfect, but the scale and magnificence of the open world alone make it worthy of 9/10, even with the flaws, imho.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

69 missions.
+
missions.
Several of them are "get this item for this heist" and can be done by walking up to a vendor and buying an item.
It's painfully obvious where their intentions lie and I'll give you a hint: it isn't in single player.

69 missions, where the ones that aren't heist preparations are varied and mostly long.

69 missions, where there's also a bunch of Strangers and Freaks missions that make the mission count 129.

69 missions, with also tons of things to explore and collect.

69 missions, with a bunch of activities that are actually full-fledged.

And more

But yeah, let's just ignore all that.

Anyone else think R* shouldn't have made the distinction between "Missions' and "S&F"?

SA and IV have a lot of "missions" that could be considered S&F...just saying.

OT:

Yeah, it's still 9/10 material both on its own and compared to other games.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:37 PM Edited by peluche503, 20 February 2014 - 11:42 PM.

I love this game, is probably my second favorite GTA of all time. While there aren't as many missions as in IV, I think I prefer quality over quantity.

Most of the missions of this game were fantastic especially the ones from chapters 1,4, and 5. The prep tasks for the heist were also good to me like the military hardware, Minisub, Driller, sidetracked, and Jewerly store preps were legit tasks. The rest of the prep tasks were meh.

I love most of the side missions in this games especially the strangers and freaks.

The story could have been a little better but not having the focus on an antagonist is actually pretty original. The characters for the most part were cool especially LD and Wade.

Is this a game a 9/10 worthy? yes it is, in fact I'll give 9.05/10. But this game does have cons as well, that keep for being a 10/10

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Honestly? No, I'd give it an 8. Very few games have satisfied me fully. Like a good meal, you feel contently full. Not overly stuffed you feel sick but content. IV did this, RDR did this, ACII did this. V simply did not. Using the meal metaphor, it left me still hungry, wishing they served the same rack of ribs and steaks i had in a restaurant the week before.

Game reviews are bullsh*t. They're either paid off, told "give us 9/10 if you want an exclusive" or something, or they jump on the bandwagon.
I read a review of a game that gave it 8/10. I bought that game and it. was. sh*t. next month that SAME magazine did an article where they gave it 4/10. Go figure.

I find it better to look at youtube vids, rent it or buy it and make your own mind up. Reviews are not objective or unbiased, and they're not independent. They're influenced by something.

LMAO at the guy who liked the story. It was okay, but was a far cry from what R* are capable of. The game's still great, but not 9/10

• sqre and Official General like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I gave it a 9/10 when it came out and that is still my grade. I don't deny it's flaws but I still have gotten hours of enjoyment out of it. 

Eez
  • Eez

Talk, get up, get anxious.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

Not much but i admire R*'s full dedication and non-Whisky drinking habit. 8 out of 10.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

Of course everyday I find something new

ActionBronson
  • ActionBronson

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

I feel like GTAV deserves a solid 8.5/10. It's not perfect but it's a whole lot better than a good amount of games.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

GTA V is not a perfect game, but it's the only game that is close to that
Which is why I give it a 10 out of 10

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

69 missions.
+
missions.
Several of them are "get this item for this heist" and can be done by walking up to a vendor and buying an item.
It's painfully obvious where their intentions lie and I'll give you a hint: it isn't in single player.

69 missions, where the ones that aren't heist preparations are varied and mostly long.

69 missions, where there's also a bunch of Strangers and Freaks missions that make the mission count 129.

And more

Anyone else think R* shouldn't have made the distinction between "Missions' and "S&F"?

OT:

I think you have it backwards. The missions in IV and SA that could have been side missions, should have been side missions. In V all the story missions had to do strictly with the story, unlike where some missions in SA and IV could have been side-missions and not affected the plot.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

GTA IV is still a 10/10, so GTA V is obviously still a 10/10.

If this pool of Haterade were any deeper, we'd all drown.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

GTA IV is still a 10/10, so GTA V is obviously still a 10/10.

If this pool of Haterade were any deeper, we'd all drown.

No, it's a puddle. It's just a puddle that's really, really wavy and rough.

Meanwhile, the ocean of enjoyment is calm and serene.

(How much you wanna bet someone is gonna take this the wrong way?)

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 21 February 2014 - 03:58 AM.

69 missions.
+
missions.

And more

OT:
I think you have it backwards. The missions in IV and SA that could have been side missions, should have been side missions. In V all the story missions had to do strictly with the story, unlike where some missions in SA and IV could have been side-missions and not affected the plot.
I...I think we're saying the same thing?

If there was a distinction (IV for example) French Tom would still be receiving hate. But, lump it in with missions and no one really cares.

All I'm saying is people don't count S&F as missions and I think that's stupid because it's just a name. It doesn't change anything.

It wouldn't surprise me if people complained less or at all, if they'd used the M F T markers for everything.

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

Gta V single player is 5/10 I'm sorry it's 2014, there's no need for bull crap from game developers. San andreas is one of the most successful games ever!!. Gta v single player is just a demo for the multiplayer in simple terms. That's pathetic. a quick short pointless story then it's off to online -_-.. Where's the cop or vigilantee missions..... none at all.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Tomtron, in all honesty you fail at rating. All you do is copy yourself from other people so please refrain from posting without atleast a more proper or unique explanation than what recently has been said.

And what the f*ck is it with people these days? All i've seen is people being in a bad mood or being super pissy about even the tiniest detail that they have to make a single thread about it instead of having to post in the complaint thread. Cant we have any good thread going on atleas that outweights the negative ones?

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Tomtron, in all honesty you fail at rating. All you do is copy yourself from other people so please refrain from posting without atleast a more proper or unique explanation than what recently has been said.

And what the f*ck is it with people these days? All i've seen is people being in a bad mood or being super pissy about even the tiniest detail that they have to make a single thread about it instead of having to post in the complaint thread. Cant we have any good thread going on atleas that outweights the negative ones?

It's how we keep these game companies in check. Look at san andreas and read dead redemption. No negative veiws at all. I love gta V don't get me wrong. It could have been much much better.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

@SmoothGetaway

You're saying they shouldn't have made the distinction between main missions and Stranger and Freaks. I'm saying it is good that way, and it should have been that way with SA and IV.

With SA and IV you have some missions in there that would be better as side missions. With V all the missions that have nothing to do with the story, are side missions.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:55 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 21 February 2014 - 04:58 AM.

So you never did the Strangers and Freaks missions? That makes the total 129. Not exactly 'short'.

Or played the story more than once to see everything that you missed the first time, because you can't possibly have seen everything in 1 playthrough?

Also, there are vigilante missions. The fact you don't know that makes me think you never even did all the missions.

This probably came off as mean. Sorry if it did :/

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:11 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 21 February 2014 - 05:13 AM.

@SmoothGetaway

You're saying they shouldn't have made the distinction between main missions and Stranger and Freaks. I'm saying it is good that way, and it should have been that way with SA and IV.

With SA and IV you have some missions in there that would be better as side missions. With V all the missions that have nothing to do with the story, are side missions.

Yes I am saying that.

I'm mostly saying there would be less bitching had it been that way. This is another, damned if you do damned if you don't, for R*.

It's one of those things that shouldn't have changed, it's only better because you can jam the story out and not have to deal with Denise or French Tom for example. People would have complained IV was too short also...oh the irony.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users