Photo

Confused About Mods For GTA Games...

10 replies to this topic
ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

I posted this in the wrong place before (lol Sorry moderators!) so I will post this here now.

Hey everyone!

I haven't been here in a very long time, and I have very limited experience with mods for GTA on the PC. Anyway, I want to replay GTA III, VC, and SA for the millionth time and I want to try some mods out. I played through GTA III with RealGTA3, which was a lot of fun, to be honest. The only other mod I have used was the Speedometer mod for San Andreas.

Anyway, I was initially very excited this morning when I started reading the thread about GTA 3 Extended Edition (3Xtended) created by OmeXr. That looked like it would be fantastic! So I read through the entire thread and at the very end, I found out he had a falling out with the community, so it looks like the mod is now caput. Oh well.

Anyway, if I can't find anything else like that, major changes and stuff to the game, then I will just re-download and play RealGTA3 again. Do any of you guys have any advice on where to start? Other than RealGTA3 and the SA speedometer mod, I am very new to this and know nothing about it. Eventually I want to mod VC and SA as well. :)

Thanks and sorry for the probably DUMB questions.

• GTAKid667 and Mega. like this

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

First, welcome back!

Second, you should probably check the Maps and Other sections at Mod Showroom, you'll find many stuff that will highly increase the replay value of these games such as Silent's Vice City Trails mod which enables back the PS2 trails effect that R* didn't give an option on PC, One Piece's High Quality/HD GTA Cars which will give you access to ALL GTA III vehicles in high definition. 

There's also total conversions which will change completely the game for good like GTA United, Vice City Stories PC Edition (which has missions converted + cutscenes!), etc.

There's many more mods, I could keep listing them all day but you'll find really interesting stuff while digging the Mod Showroom.

Good luck and have fun!

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, Mega!

I am playing a 100% campaign of III now using RealGTA3, and it is just as just awesome as I remember!

I am still very confused about all the mods in the forum you linked to, but I will try to sort it out. The Vice City Stories mod looks breathaking, and if I use that one, I will install GTA III and the mod in a different directory than the one its in now so I can have both LCS and GTA III on the same machine. Not sure I quite understand what GTA United is. Is that the full GTA III and VC games in one? :)

Oh one more thing, I am incredibly disappointed that OmeXr abandoned 3Xtended. That looked absolutely un-freaking-real!!

• Mega. likes this

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by Mega., 25 February 2014 - 12:37 AM.

GTA United basically removes San Andreas' map and replaces it with Liberty City and Vice City near to each other with some missions.

Don't worry about directories with GTA Vice City Stories PC Edition, it will detect where your San Andreas Folder is and will create a new one just for the mod so you won't have to worry with anything!

Yeah, it's quite sad OmeXr abandoned his mod but he was acting like a dick though. If you are interested, there's GTA 3 DE made by alex8ball_BRATVA and he's focusing on creating new areas for GTA III that fits the game style, you'll probably like it a lot but it's not out yet.

And since you look like someone who really loves GTA III, there's also an older mod called Liberty City - Twenty Ten (made by the same person who remade those GTA 3 HD cars I sent you earlier) it's a cool mod that changes the whole map to something that seems post-apocalyptic, really worth taking a look.

Something I forgot to link you on the first post is that if your monitor is widescreen you'll notice that the HUD and radar are stretched, so if you want a fix for that click here!

If I remember of more, I'll send them to you here or via PM or something.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

Wow, Mega, some wild stuff there!! I will check some of it out. Thanks! :)

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:35 AM Edited by TJGM, 26 February 2014 - 08:30 AM.

I'll link a few which I think are a must have when playing. :p

SilentPatch - Fixes various bugs in both VC and III. Stuff like headlights are back, corona reflections and glows under weapon pickups. (VC and III)

GTA III HD - an unfinished mod, but the improvements with models and textures compared to the original game is much better. (III only)

Project 2dfx - Adds LOD coronas and it comes with a limit adjuster and the ability to increase the draw distance of objects even further. (for III, VC and SA)

Vehicle Camera Movement - Pretty much allows you to move your camera with the mouse in a car, similar to San Andreas. (for III and VC)

Corona Glow Fix - Removes those ugly light boxes on vehicle headlights and makes the corona stretch smaller. (III and VC)

Widescreen Fix - Pretty much fixes the stretched HUD, coronas, etc.. when using a widescreen resolution. (III, VC and SA)

San Andreas Mod Loader - By far the easiest way to install mods and you'll never run the risk of having to reinstall SA because of a mod. Simply remove the mod from modloader. (SA only)

SRT3 2012 Mipmap Edition - The best retexture mod for SA that's released, by far right now. (SA only)

Corona Weapons - Adds coronas around weapons similar to III and VC, adds to the atmosphere. (SA only)

Maxo's Vehicle Loader - By FAR, one of the best mods ever made for Vice City, if not the best. Allows you to add cars instead of replacing them, and a bunch of other fancy features like a limit adjuster and player shadows. (VC only)

Improved Fast Loader - Best fast loader for SA around, pretty much starts the game instantly. (SA only)

Improved Vehicle Features - Pretty much gives vehicle modders a lot more options when they're making vehicle mods. Vehicles have to be adapted to it though, but someone is currently working on adapting all of SA's vehicles to the mod, you can download the car pack here. (SA only)
  • Mega. likes this

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:53 PM Edited by Mega., 26 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

Great list, TJGM! I didn't know about your Corona Weapons for SA,

There's two more that I forgot last time;

GTA III XBOX Mod - Pretty much all improved models and textures from the XBOX Version converted to PC (such as remastered vehicles and others)

III Aircraft - Yup, exactly what the title implies, Silent managed to add helicopters and easier-to-fly planes scattered around LC in interesting places (you'll have fun finding some of them!)

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

Thanks guys! You guys are the best!

Tell you what we really need (lol) Forget the XBox textures to PC mod. How about an iPad PC mod!

Holy mother of God, I just got 100% completion in GTA III on the iPad, and am at 97% completion on Vice City on the iPad (while simultaneously playing III on my PC). Let me tell you, the iPad versions of these games may play like uter crap, and the virtual controls of the iPad surface don't hold a candle to using a real controller, but man does the game look gorgeous on the retina display. Even my massive 18.4" screen gaming rig laptop with a GeForce 770m GPU. i7, and 32 GB of RAM doesn't display the games as sweetly as they look on the iPad!

Mega.
  • Mega.

Real Estate Developer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Thanks guys! You guys are the best!

Tell you what we really need (lol) Forget the XBox textures to PC mod. How about an iPad PC mod!

Holy mother of God, I just got 100% completion in GTA III on the iPad, and am at 97% completion on Vice City on the iPad (while simultaneously playing III on my PC). Let me tell you, the iPad versions of these games may play like uter crap, and the virtual controls of the iPad surface don't hold a candle to using a real controller, but man does the game look gorgeous on the retina display. Even my massive 18.4" screen gaming rig laptop with a GeForce 770m GPU. i7, and 32 GB of RAM doesn't display the games as sweetly as they look on the iPad!

Problem is, the 10th Anniversary uses all models and textures from the XBOX edition  :lol:

About the screen - it really depends on which you are using, some make the games look really sweet/sharp and others just make it look bad.

MFER212014
  • MFER212014

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

I'll link a few which I think are a must have when playing. :p

SilentPatch - Fixes various bugs in both VC and III. Stuff like headlights are back, corona reflections and glows under weapon pickups. (VC and III)

GTA III HD - an unfinished mod, but the improvements with models and textures compared to the original game is much better. (III only)

Project 2dfx - Adds LOD coronas and it comes with a limit adjuster and the ability to increase the draw distance of objects even further. (for III, VC and SA)

Vehicle Camera Movement - Pretty much allows you to move your camera with the mouse in a car, similar to San Andreas. (for III and VC)

Corona Glow Fix - Removes those ugly light boxes on vehicle headlights and makes the corona stretch smaller. (III and VC)

Widescreen Fix - Pretty much fixes the stretched HUD, coronas, etc.. when using a widescreen resolution. (III, VC and SA)

San Andreas Mod Loader - By far the easiest way to install mods and you'll never run the risk of having to reinstall SA because of a mod. Simply remove the mod from modloader. (SA only)

SRT3 2012 Mipmap Edition - The best retexture mod for SA that's released, by far right now. (SA only)

Corona Weapons - Adds coronas around weapons similar to III and VC, adds to the atmosphere. (SA only)

Maxo's Vehicle Loader - By FAR, one of the best mods ever made for Vice City, if not the best. Allows you to add cars instead of replacing them, and a bunch of other fancy features like a limit adjuster and player shadows. (VC only)

Improved Fast Loader - Best fast loader for SA around, pretty much starts the game instantly. (SA only)

Improved Vehicle Features - Pretty much gives vehicle modders a lot more options when they're making vehicle mods. Vehicles have to be adapted to it though, but someone is currently working on adapting all of SA's vehicles to the mod, you can download the car pack here. (SA only)

Exactly how do you install the Project@dfx into GTA 3? Is it the same way as say ENB, just drop the files into the system root?

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yes.. doesn't work with Steam version though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users